Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale 17:41 - Mar 1 with 38398 viewsChaffRAFC

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54380/match-preview-hull-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54328/refwatch-hull-city-v-

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 14:49 - Mar 2 with 2648 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 14:26 - Mar 2 by richfoad32

Shaughnessy did next to nothing up top against Burton and in his cameo against Northampton, so may not get another chance. Like Lund, he just doesn't look comfortable there, though hopefully there's more to come from him somewhere on the pitch because he hasn't really impressed me yet.

I don't think we'll get drubbed tonight but I can easily see Hull winning comfortably 2 or 3-0, without ever having to get out of first gear. At the moment I really don't think I can be bothered paying to watch, but come kickoff I'll probably cave in and stump up as I usually do.

Very true re Connor S. Not sure what the alternative is though considering lack of height.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 14:57 - Mar 2 with 2606 viewsrich_dale

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 14:20 - Mar 2 by Shun

Would be tempted to give this a try too, especially with the dearth of midfielders at present. We know McNulty is more comfortable in a back-three, and Osho is far better as a centre-back than a right-back too.

Ideal time to try it out now with two tough games we're not expected to win - not sure who would play right wing back if Keohane and McLaughlin are out but we need to try something different.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 15:00 - Mar 2 with 2588 viewsmilnrowblue

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 14:26 - Mar 2 by richfoad32

Shaughnessy did next to nothing up top against Burton and in his cameo against Northampton, so may not get another chance. Like Lund, he just doesn't look comfortable there, though hopefully there's more to come from him somewhere on the pitch because he hasn't really impressed me yet.

I don't think we'll get drubbed tonight but I can easily see Hull winning comfortably 2 or 3-0, without ever having to get out of first gear. At the moment I really don't think I can be bothered paying to watch, but come kickoff I'll probably cave in and stump up as I usually do.

Not a dig at you in the slightest, but he obviously did next to nothing up top because he's a defender/defensive mid, not a target man.

Lund's goals dried up when he was put into that role, so no wonder a defensive player can't do anything there either.

If we're going to have a long outball, Humphries is more than capable to win a ball in the air, and that would mean Shaughnessy being able to play in his natural position providing much needed cover for the centre-backs, with a centre-mid or wingers attacking what Humphries knocks down.

It's something that anybody who's watched 90 minutes of football would be able to see, you'd think.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 15:06 - Mar 2 with 2565 viewsfinberty

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 15:00 - Mar 2 by milnrowblue

Not a dig at you in the slightest, but he obviously did next to nothing up top because he's a defender/defensive mid, not a target man.

Lund's goals dried up when he was put into that role, so no wonder a defensive player can't do anything there either.

If we're going to have a long outball, Humphries is more than capable to win a ball in the air, and that would mean Shaughnessy being able to play in his natural position providing much needed cover for the centre-backs, with a centre-mid or wingers attacking what Humphries knocks down.

It's something that anybody who's watched 90 minutes of football would be able to see, you'd think.

"...with a centre-mid or wingers attacking what Humphries knocks down"

Ah, isn't this where Matt Done is far more proven, experienced, and capable? Not picking him there, whilst picking him at LB, constitutes two wrongs in a single selection.

TVOS will tell me if I'm wrong, but of all the regular starters, hasn't Done got more goals for Dale than the rest?
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 15:12 - Mar 2 with 2544 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 15:06 - Mar 2 by finberty

Ah, isn't this where Matt Done is far more proven, experienced, and capable? Not picking him there, whilst picking him at LB, constitutes two wrongs in a single selection.

TVOS will tell me if I'm wrong, but of all the regular starters, hasn't Done got more goals for Dale than the rest?

In his Dale career?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 15:18 - Mar 2 with 2519 viewsdale1968

Whats happened with the lad signed from Blackburn on TDD?

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 15:21 - Mar 2 with 2512 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 15:18 - Mar 2 by dale1968

Whats happened with the lad signed from Blackburn on TDD?

He's injured, likely to miss at least a couple more.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 16:15 - Mar 2 with 2392 viewselectricblue

I will stick my neck out and say it will a draw tonight....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:06 - Mar 2 with 2296 viewsdavidab2202

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 16:15 - Mar 2 by electricblue

I'd wind it in quick if I were you making a prediction like that!!!!
However like you I hope for the very unlikely in this very unpredictable season
COME ON THE DALE
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:15 - Mar 2 with 2275 viewsfinberty

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 15:06 - Mar 2 by finberty

Yes - of all current players which has scored most for Dale. Is it Done, Humphreys or Lund?

I don't know what point I'm trying to make really, except he can score and isn't a proper LB.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:17 - Mar 2 with 2266 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:15 - Mar 2 by finberty

Yes - of all current players which has scored most for Dale. Is it Done, Humphreys or Lund?

I don't know what point I'm trying to make really, except he can score and isn't a proper LB.

Lund: 166 apps, 35 goals

Done: 269 apps, 32 goals

Humphrys: 38 apps, 11 goals

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:20 - Mar 2 with 2252 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:15 - Mar 2 by finberty

He can score, but the goal against Oxford was his first in over 50 league games and we don't have a 'proper' LB in the squad!

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:45 - Mar 2 with 2189 viewsdiver

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 16:15 - Mar 2 by electricblue

Last night I had a dream
Hull 0 Dale 3
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:46 - Mar 2 with 2176 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:45 - Mar 2 by diver

Last night I had a dream
Hull 0 Dale 3

125/1....lump on.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:59 - Mar 2 with 2110 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:46 - Mar 2 by richfoad32

125/1....lump on.

Well if your certain i’ll Have a nifty on your say so. Counting me winnings already!
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:01 - Mar 2 with 2095 viewsleedsdale

Possibly three centre halves
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:02 - Mar 2 with 2086 views442Dale

Actually feel a bit sorry for Done as he’s done ok at LB recently and if it is wingbacks he’s done that well in the past too.

Glad we’ve made a change at least.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:11 - Mar 2 with 2022 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:02 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

Actually feel a bit sorry for Done as he’s done ok at LB recently and if it is wingbacks he’s done that well in the past too.

Glad we’ve made a change at least.

Still in it after 60 minutes bringing on Done, Baah and Odoh against might nick us a point or even 3.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:13 - Mar 2 with 1991 viewsrich_dale

If this works it could change our season around. Big if though. Need to see more from the two Conors tonight.
Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:16 - Mar 2 with 1972 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:11 - Mar 2 by James1980

Still in it after 60 minutes bringing on Done, Baah and Odoh against might nick us a point or even 3.

Are you excited James? finally looks like you're getting the 3 at the back you've been asking for.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:22 - Mar 2 with 1927 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:16 - Mar 2 by boromat

Are you excited James? finally looks like you're getting the 3 at the back you've been asking for.

I was told quite emphatically a back 3 wouldn't happen was a waste of time so had decided not to suggest it anymore. If the WM formation is played I will get a tad excited 😁

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:23 - Mar 2 with 1923 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:16 - Mar 2 by boromat

Doubt it will matter, we'll be 1 down in no time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:25 - Mar 2 with 1911 viewselectricblue

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 17:06 - Mar 2 by davidab2202

I'd wind it in quick if I were you making a prediction like that!!!!
However like you I hope for the very unlikely in this very unpredictable season
COME ON THE DALE

I predicted a draw as it cannot surely be worse than last saturday....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:38 - Mar 2 with 1824 viewsRotherhamDale

I hope its a 5 3 2 but I dont trust BBM not to have kept it at 4 4 2 with Mclaughlin on the right wing. We shall see.

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Hull City v Rochdale on 18:39 - Mar 2 with 1823 viewsblackdogblue

We need to protect our goal difference 🤨

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024