Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM contract confirmed 13:34 - Mar 11 with 12394 viewsjacko_dale

Expires in May 2022.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/march/fansforumupdate/
BBM contract confirmed on 14:52 - Mar 11 with 3185 viewselectricblue

BBM contract confirmed on 14:00 - Mar 11 by DaleiLama

I made it just past the hour mark. Wonder how many of the nearly 1k were still there at the end. Should give the club an idea what SC sales might be next year

I got just past where BBM and Reily where giving the same BS to questions....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

BBM contract confirmed on 14:54 - Mar 11 with 3172 viewsfunkkk

I’m getting all misty eyed and emotional thinking back to 10pm last night when it seemed the board couldn’t be anymore incompetent. Those were the days.
BBM contract confirmed on 14:54 - Mar 11 with 3169 viewsD_Alien

No wonder he didn't "fear being sacked"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56009305

With 15 months left on his contract at that stage (we presume...) it'd have been a decent payout

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM contract confirmed on 14:56 - Mar 11 with 3147 viewsD_Alien

BBM contract confirmed on 14:00 - Mar 11 by DaleiLama

I made it just past the hour mark. Wonder how many of the nearly 1k were still there at the end. Should give the club an idea what SC sales might be next year

Seem to recall a figure around 600 towards the end, but i could be wrong, since i'd started dozing

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM contract confirmed on 14:57 - Mar 11 with 3134 viewsdawlishdale

BBM contract confirmed on 14:35 - Mar 11 by golfaduffy

It was staggeringly bad last night regarding the secret contract extension given to BBM without the knowledge of the other Directors.

Why on Earth was the question not given to DB to answer? He would have been the person who gave the extension surely.?

Why was it done without the knowledge of other Directors? The look on faces was cringeworthy.

Why was it done without the knowledge of supporters

When was it done? If it expires next May, could it have been done a few months ago?

Is there anything else that DB has done without telling anyone? Any golden handshakes ? Pay offs to ex staff members?...working hard awards? pay rises etc?

Bottomley... you are on very thin ice with this one. Who can hold him to account? Other Directors/The Trust/ Can the fans join together to force an EGM?

These are exactly the questions that need answering.
BBM contract confirmed on 16:21 - Mar 11 with 2908 views49thseason

Having a long distance Chairman was far from ideal when the CEO needed someone to talk to and keep an eye on the day to day workings. Its a pity Andrew Kelly isn't currently able to be more hands on. Looking at the remaining board members, its obvious they need help and I'm not sure how much time Dan and Emre can spend.
They need 2 or 3 new board members fairly urgently, people with experience who can invest time or cash and ideally both. Not an easy ask at the moment.
BBM contract confirmed on 16:40 - Mar 11 with 2860 viewsBillyRudd

As someone who for a long time wanted to see the back of BBM,s football philosophy just as much because it is excruciatingly boring, as for where we find ourselves, I find this to be bad news indeed.
However more important to me than when the extension was formulated is fundamentally why it was never made public?
Poor communication is one thing, but surely this is a fundamental announcement in the world of football. If in the eyes of whoever is making these decisions BBM is such a good catch then why keep it in the dark? What possible reason could there be?
Since in my world the extension to a managers contract is 100% a collective board decision how did a director apparently not know.
Worrying times!
BBM contract confirmed on 16:43 - Mar 11 with 2847 viewsjudd

BBM contract confirmed on 16:40 - Mar 11 by BillyRudd

As someone who for a long time wanted to see the back of BBM,s football philosophy just as much because it is excruciatingly boring, as for where we find ourselves, I find this to be bad news indeed.
However more important to me than when the extension was formulated is fundamentally why it was never made public?
Poor communication is one thing, but surely this is a fundamental announcement in the world of football. If in the eyes of whoever is making these decisions BBM is such a good catch then why keep it in the dark? What possible reason could there be?
Since in my world the extension to a managers contract is 100% a collective board decision how did a director apparently not know.
Worrying times!

We only saw one director not knowing because of the camera.

What if only one director knew?

THAT is the worry.

And would we have had 200 ever-so grateful applicants for the Sporting Director role if the contract extension was public knowledge?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

BBM contract confirmed on 16:53 - Mar 11 with 2805 viewsFrog

They didn't announce it because we would all have been even more ipssed of than we already were. But now we are. Unbelievable.
BBM contract confirmed on 17:06 - Mar 11 with 2747 views1907

BBM contract confirmed on 14:26 - Mar 11 by James1980

Totally guess work of course I reckon it was till 2021 but if we stayed up in the season Hill got sacked it was gonna be extended to 2022 which is what happened.

He was brought in as caretaker manager, that then extended to the end of the season. At seasons end he was appointed on a permanent basis with a 2 year contract.

My guess would be he signed a shady extension when we seemed to be doing well, maybe around the Newcastle game last season? Who knows.
BBM contract confirmed on 17:13 - Mar 11 with 2717 views442Dale

BBM contract confirmed on 17:06 - Mar 11 by 1907

He was brought in as caretaker manager, that then extended to the end of the season. At seasons end he was appointed on a permanent basis with a 2 year contract.

My guess would be he signed a shady extension when we seemed to be doing well, maybe around the Newcastle game last season? Who knows.

But if there was an extension signed a long while ago, why not announce it? If it had been around the Newcastle game there would have been at least a semi-positive reaction. Or even when the season was ended early.

Only if it was extended in the last few months would it have made little sense.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM contract confirmed on 17:19 - Mar 11 with 2700 viewsdale_spotland

BBM contract confirmed on 17:13 - Mar 11 by 442Dale

But if there was an extension signed a long while ago, why not announce it? If it had been around the Newcastle game there would have been at least a semi-positive reaction. Or even when the season was ended early.

Only if it was extended in the last few months would it have made little sense.

Maybe his agent played a blinder and got him an extension after somehow getting him bookies favourite for the Blackpool job!

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

BBM contract confirmed on 17:19 - Mar 11 with 2691 viewsdavidab2202

WOW,
one less thing to worry about, was very fearful that BBM would go in May and we would be left in a right mess
BBM contract confirmed on 17:24 - Mar 11 with 2670 views442Dale

The following has been sent to the Trust:

On the back of the yesterday’s Fans Forum, please can the Trust confirm the date of their next meeting with the board and whether questions will be invited from supporters, with full answers appearing on the Trust site.

As an alternative, and to save the Trust board members valuable time, could questions be collated from fans and sent via email to the club for a written response to each question asked? These can then be copied onto the Trust site thus simplifying the process and ensuring supporters get a better understanding of what came out at the forum.

BBM contract confirmed on 17:32 - Mar 11 with 2637 viewsMass_Debater

BBM contract confirmed on 17:06 - Mar 11 by 1907

Extended only recently according to those ITK.
BBM contract confirmed on 18:11 - Mar 11 with 2545 viewsJames1980

Footage of the contract negotiation

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

BBM contract confirmed on 18:46 - Mar 11 with 2451 viewsShun

BBM contract confirmed on 14:56 - Mar 11 by D_Alien

Seem to recall a figure around 600 towards the end, but i could be wrong, since i'd started dozing

The highest I spotted at one point was 819.
BBM contract confirmed on 19:53 - Mar 11 with 2315 viewsnordenblue

BBM contract confirmed on 14:47 - Mar 11 by Brierls

Total bollocks, of course.

It's clearly a contract extension that wasn't communicated. Certainly not to the media team or fans, but possibly not the full board*

There isn't an excuse to be made here, James. If there was they'd have used it in the confirmation article.

* I'm not convinced on this. I'm not taking a gormless last minute stand-in Rawlingson as proof the board weren't aware or sanctioned it.

To be fair to him he looked like they'd just rolled him out of his bed and lobbed a microphone at him , so well done that man...
BBM contract confirmed on 20:01 - Mar 11 with 2281 viewsnordenblue

BBM contract confirmed on 13:49 - Mar 11 by Mass_Debater

Everyone in the country is working hard, apart from those who have lost their jobs and livelihood through this pandemic. I'm sick of it being mentioned as though it makes them something special.

This was the little beauty....

What we would like to emphasise is that all Club staff — Brian, Lee Riley, the players, the Board of Directors included — are working incredibly hard under tremendous stress.

Generally folk who have to tell you how hard they're working are usually the lazy bastards who could do a lot more.

What an absolute shit show from start to finish, for all his David Brent esque sales rubbish the current clown in charge of the circus could give anyone else in our history a good run for their money for being absolutely inept.
BBM contract confirmed on 22:31 - Mar 11 with 2029 viewsjacko_dale

BBM contract confirmed on 17:24 - Mar 11 by 442Dale

The following has been sent to the Trust:

On the back of the yesterday’s Fans Forum, please can the Trust confirm the date of their next meeting with the board and whether questions will be invited from supporters, with full answers appearing on the Trust site.

As an alternative, and to save the Trust board members valuable time, could questions be collated from fans and sent via email to the club for a written response to each question asked? These can then be copied onto the Trust site thus simplifying the process and ensuring supporters get a better understanding of what came out at the forum.

"...to save the trust members valuable time..."

Funny way of spelling "to save us having to think on our feet at an in-person meeting"!
BBM contract confirmed on 22:52 - Mar 11 with 1961 views442Dale

BBM contract confirmed on 22:31 - Mar 11 by jacko_dale

"...to save the trust members valuable time..."

Funny way of spelling "to save us having to think on our feet at an in-person meeting"!

That was an option I suggested as it’s understandable if the Trust are busy themselves - the work they do is voluntary and setting up meetings requires time, especially with current restrictions adding issues. Sending in supporter enquiries giving the club further opportunity to make situations a bit clearer where possible then reporting back has to be of benefit to everyone.

BBM contract confirmed on 02:29 - Mar 12 with 1840 viewsjacko_dale

BBM contract confirmed on 22:52 - Mar 11 by 442Dale

That was an option I suggested as it’s understandable if the Trust are busy themselves - the work they do is voluntary and setting up meetings requires time, especially with current restrictions adding issues. Sending in supporter enquiries giving the club further opportunity to make situations a bit clearer where possible then reporting back has to be of benefit to everyone.

My bad - I assumed it was the board's suggestion as a means of covering their own backs.

Not wishing to take anything away from the work the trust does and apologies if it came across that way.
BBM contract confirmed on 07:28 - Mar 12 with 1714 viewsinthenet

It's clearly a contract extension that wasn't communicated. Certainly not to the media team or fans, but possibly not the full board*

There isn't an excuse to be made here, James. If there was they'd have used it in the confirmation article.

* I'm not convinced on this. I'm not taking a gormless last minute stand-in Rawlingson as proof the board weren't aware or sanctioned it.

Basically we are stuck with this shower “the demise of RAFC how to bring a club down” come back Dunphy we need you !!

Rastrickblue

BBM contract confirmed on 08:42 - Mar 12 with 1639 viewsJames1980

Wasn't making excuses just pondering whether a clause in his original contract was triggered at some point, which led to it being extended till May 2022.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

BBM contract confirmed on 09:01 - Mar 12 with 1618 viewsHK_Dale

It is interesting how GR was keen to add new board members but only if they can bring money.

It’s a bit of a catch 22 as the combination of wealthy enough to buy into the board, helpful skills, and die hard fan may be in short supply. At some point, it would be worth considering adding board members that can meet the latter two of those three criteria.

It doesn’t cost the club anything but they will add some additional insights and skills albeit without the investment they are looking for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024