Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Carter 08:38 - Mar 16 with 1762 viewsCamberleyR

No, not the former American president, but our erstwhile late 80s reserve team winger. From a couple of months ago but hadn't seen it before. An interesting article I thought.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55536025

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Jimmy Carter on 09:26 - Mar 16 with 1652 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks for posting CamberleyR. Yes interesting piece, I had no idea.
Jimmy Carter on 09:51 - Mar 16 with 1610 viewsBoston

Kevin Keelan

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jimmy Carter on 10:11 - Mar 16 with 1575 viewsCamberleyR

Jimmy Carter on 09:51 - Mar 16 by Boston

Kevin Keelan

Slightly different Bos. Keelan was born in India to a British father due to him being in the army.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Jimmy Carter on 10:16 - Mar 16 with 1556 viewsDannyPaddox

Kevin Cherokeelan?
Jimmy Carter on 11:05 - Mar 16 with 1482 viewsMrSheen

Jimmy Carter on 10:16 - Mar 16 by DannyPaddox

Kevin Cherokeelan?

Kevin Comancheelan?
Jimmy Carter on 15:25 - Mar 16 with 1358 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I used to bunk off from uni to watch him play for the stiffs.

He was electric and HQ had significant numbers attending just to watch him. JC would get the ball and you could feel the crowd get excited.

I still think it a shame I never saw him in the starting XI and despite the fact he played for Arsenal and Liverpool, we never saw how good he really was or should have been. A real waste of talent and you have to hope that a JC coming to QPR these days would get a proper shout at it.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jimmy Carter on 15:44 - Mar 16 with 1335 viewsHayesender

Good read that, but the most shocking thing was to find out Zesh Rehman played in the Premier league

How come JC never made it at ours?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Jimmy Carter on 15:52 - Mar 16 with 1321 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jimmy Carter on 15:25 - Mar 16 by PlanetHonneywood

He was electric and HQ had significant numbers attending just to watch him. JC would get the ball and you could feel the crowd get excited.

I still think it a shame I never saw him in the starting XI and despite the fact he played for Arsenal and Liverpool, we never saw how good he really was or should have been. A real waste of talent and you have to hope that a JC coming to QPR these days would get a proper shout at it.

Same as that, J. I used to watch him a lot, too. Real buzz about him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Carter on 15:55 - Mar 16 with 1321 viewsMaggsinho

Jimmy Carter on 15:25 - Mar 16 by PlanetHonneywood

I can remember after he played for Millwall against us Jim Smith was quoted as saying something like 'you know what you need to do with a clever winger - hit them over the head' or words to that effect. I was infuriated he could say that after having released him.
Jimmy Carter on 16:46 - Mar 16 with 1265 viewsphilc

I seem to remember being told that some of the players were surprised that he was let go and felt that he wasn’t given an opportunity with us. I think it happens at all clubs where the Manager doesn’t take to player.
Jimmy Carter on 16:49 - Mar 16 with 1260 viewsflynnbo

Jimmy Carter on 16:46 - Mar 16 by philc

I seem to remember being told that some of the players were surprised that he was let go and felt that he wasn’t given an opportunity with us. I think it happens at all clubs where the Manager doesn’t take to player.

Taarabt and Redknapp.
Jimmy Carter on 17:16 - Mar 16 with 1222 viewsBoston

Jimmy Carter on 10:11 - Mar 16 by CamberleyR

Slightly different Bos. Keelan was born in India to a British father due to him being in the army.

Keelan .. born in India to a British father and an Indian mother.
Carter....born in Britain to an Indian father and a British mother.

I’d give Keelan the nod on Indian.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024