Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers 17:43 - Apr 3 with 2614 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not just geographically but also in terms of shared support and historical links.
Do we have links to any local clubs?

Harrow Boro?
Yeading?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 17:47 - Apr 3 with 2601 viewsBoston

Wealdstone, once upon a time.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 18:05 - Apr 3 with 2543 viewsqpr_1968

early 70's, used to watch a bit of hendon, due to a school mate supporting them.
even at wembley when they played enfield one year......enfield nearly half of tottenham support at that final, about 1971/72ish.

now i usually tend to stick to harrow borough, hayes and yeading, hampton and richmond.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 18:31 - Apr 3 with 2485 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I always thought Wealdstone was the big one.

Hayes before it merged because of Les.
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 18:54 - Apr 3 with 2438 viewsQPRSteve

Chelsea. Well the way they played today you would think they were non-league.
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 18:57 - Apr 3 with 2427 viewsozranger

When I visited North Greenford United, got chatting to a parent of a QPR youth player who said there was a good connection with that club. That was back in 2013, so things may have changed.
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 19:08 - Apr 3 with 2383 viewseghamranger

Hanwell Town... often see it near the bp in Perivale
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 19:30 - Apr 3 with 2350 viewslongbottom

The sadly departed Willesden Fc. They were utterly useless every season bar none.
Every season effing useless.
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 19:56 - Apr 3 with 2284 viewsBoston

Shepherds Bush FC...then these big corporate bastards moved in from Queens Park.

Login to get fewer ads

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 20:00 - Apr 3 with 2270 viewsGloucs_R

Slough used to have quite a few Rangers.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 20:04 - Apr 3 with 2252 views81A

Wealdstone all day long.
When the Hoops are on a long away trip, Grosvenor Vale always has bigger attendances with loads of Rangers fans there. Probably helped by the fact that they give discounted admission to EFL season ticket holders.
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 21:05 - Apr 3 with 2143 viewsterryb

A lot of the clubs on the A40 corridor & into Berks/Bucks.

I expect there are others that have had more than three, but Chesham United & Rangers have had Tony Currie, Fitz Hall & DJ Campbell play for both clubs. Plus Robin Lumley played for Rangers in the Football Combination whilst a Chesham player.

In the short period when Iain Dowie was manager, quite a few practice games were played between the clubs as his brother was in charge at Chesh.

I suspect that Wealdstone possibly have the highest number of fans of both clubs, but Chesham & Slough would be reasonably high on the list.
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 21:32 - Apr 3 with 2090 viewslightwaterhoop

I used to play in the Harlesden Sunday league for a team called 'The Les Allen experience' does that count.Lots of Rangers supporters in the side,folded in the early 1990's when most of the players got too fat.
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 08:07 - Apr 4 with 1896 viewsPaddyhoops

Harefield United. I think Richard paquette formerly of our parish got one for them yesterday at the ripe old age of 39!!
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 08:26 - Apr 4 with 1866 viewshook_hoops

I know of at least one other QPR fan who goes to Leatherhead, so that make two of us!
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 12:57 - Apr 4 with 1714 viewsLowerloftLad

a fair few QPR down at chertsey town recently

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 23:35 - Apr 4 with 1544 viewsStanisgod

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 19:30 - Apr 3 by longbottom

The sadly departed Willesden Fc. They were utterly useless every season bar none.
Every season effing useless.

Oy, my grandad played for them in the thirties, still got his medals.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 23:45 - Apr 4 with 1530 viewsBoston

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 23:35 - Apr 4 by Stanisgod

Wounded in action?

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 05:49 - Apr 5 with 1443 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 18:57 - Apr 3 by ozranger

When I visited North Greenford United, got chatting to a parent of a QPR youth player who said there was a good connection with that club. That was back in 2013, so things may have changed.

When I came back to London for Christmas, I finally went to a NGU game. I come from that part of the world and hadn’t been after 54 years of living 10 minutes walk from the ground.

I met up with Tobyholy from here and I absolutely loved it. A few QPR fans there among the 141 attendees. Alas restrictions closed the bar, but you could get a warm beverage at a reasonable price.

Definitely worth going along to you local non-league team to support and get back to proper grass-roots football.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 11:58 - Apr 5 with 1263 viewsonlyrinmoray

I used to play for North Greenford Utd youth team then the 3rd team never made it higher than that I visited the ground when down for a Rs game to remember the good times
I was a regular at Wealdstone in the Lower Mead days Saw them at Wembley in the Amatuer Cup Final Hugh Lindsay and Charlie Townsend My heroes Then one day I visited Loftus Rd no going back
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 12:49 - Apr 5 with 1213 viewsMickS

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 11:58 - Apr 5 by onlyrinmoray

I used to play for North Greenford Utd youth team then the 3rd team never made it higher than that I visited the ground when down for a Rs game to remember the good times
I was a regular at Wealdstone in the Lower Mead days Saw them at Wembley in the Amatuer Cup Final Hugh Lindsay and Charlie Townsend My heroes Then one day I visited Loftus Rd no going back

I played for North Greenford as well. Alan Devonshire’s brother was our manager. Decent side but we could never get past Old Actonians.
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 13:48 - Apr 5 with 1163 viewsterryb

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 11:58 - Apr 5 by onlyrinmoray

I played alongside Charlie Townsend for Spartak in the Chesham sunday League while he was the highest capped England amateur international.

He didn't play on a regular basis, but if we were one short his brother-in-law (manager) had no problem in getting Charlie to turn out. When he left Wealdstone to join Hayes we played a few matches with two Hayes first team players in the side. The other being Dougie Jackson who spent modt of his career at Walthamstow Avenue.

Once more I can say "Oh, Happy Days"!
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 19:57 - Apr 5 with 981 viewslongbottom

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 23:35 - Apr 4 by Stanisgod

What, you mean they actually won a few games?
Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 22:01 - Apr 5 with 902 viewsBoston

Non-League Teams Close to Rangers on 05:49 - Apr 5 by PlanetHonneywood

When I came back to London for Christmas, I finally went to a NGU game. I come from that part of the world and hadn’t been after 54 years of living 10 minutes walk from the ground.

I met up with Tobyholy from here and I absolutely loved it. A few QPR fans there among the 141 attendees. Alas restrictions closed the bar, but you could get a warm beverage at a reasonable price.

Definitely worth going along to you local non-league team to support and get back to proper grass-roots football.

The same reaction from a few of my family when they accompanied me over to Vale Farm one Saturday. It's fun, couple of beers, the Wembley fans want to know if you're lost...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024