Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2021 All-Irelands 09:11 - May 2 with 9203 viewsMrSheen

When do the crowds return, and will competition be delayed to wait for them?

Limerick and Dublin favourites again, I presume?
2021 All-Irelands on 19:12 - Aug 7 with 1097 viewsMrSheen

That was poor from Waterford. One game too many, maybe.
2021 All-Irelands on 01:45 - Aug 8 with 1036 viewsCLAREMAN1995

2021 All-Irelands on 19:12 - Aug 7 by MrSheen

That was poor from Waterford. One game too many, maybe.

Damn I was hoping they would take down the bullies in green MrSheen but they played too many games at a high level against a rested team the system needs fixing IMO
2021 All-Irelands on 17:22 - Aug 8 with 993 viewsMrSheen

Fark, this is great, particularly as I don’t have a favourite (to put it mildly).
2021 All-Irelands on 18:04 - Aug 8 with 982 viewsA40Bosh

2021 All-Irelands on 17:22 - Aug 8 by MrSheen

Fark, this is great, particularly as I don’t have a favourite (to put it mildly).

Great game today.
Mrs in bits when the Cats got the last second goal.
Glad for the Cork nephew that he will get a chance to be on the panel again for the final as he didn’t get on today

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

2021 All-Irelands on 18:40 - Aug 8 with 967 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2021 All-Irelands on 18:04 - Aug 8 by A40Bosh

Great game today.
Mrs in bits when the Cats got the last second goal.
Glad for the Cork nephew that he will get a chance to be on the panel again for the final as he didn’t get on today

Cracking game. Great resolve by Cork to do it in ET after letting the lead slip in NT.

I still think we're a year or two away from our peak, but we're in a Final and we're Cork!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2021 All-Irelands on 22:22 - Aug 8 with 923 viewsMyke

2021 All-Irelands on 18:40 - Aug 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Cracking game. Great resolve by Cork to do it in ET after letting the lead slip in NT.

I still think we're a year or two away from our peak, but we're in a Final and we're Cork!

If I gave you a little dig for being hammered by Kerry, today was the perfect antidote for that. Awesome performance. Awesome character not to fold after that sucker punch goal at the death. The final against Limerick will be fascinating. Two teams that like to run at the opposition - will it be a thrilling high -scoring match or will they nullify each other?
2021 All-Irelands on 22:57 - Aug 8 with 905 viewsTomS

My two hours of patient queueing online for tickets on the GAA website midweek was rewarded. What a thoroughly exciting and evenly contested match. Both sides gave their all. It was a joy to watch.

On reflection, Cork were the worthy winners. Their energy from the beginning of the second half onwards proved the difference. Had they taken their many, many goal chances it could have been a much different scoreline.

Of the two sides who played today, they are the one who will give Limerick most to think about. I know Limerick beat them by eight points earlier in the campaign, but Cork have improved since then. Whether they have improved enough to beat Limerick is open to debate.
2021 All-Irelands on 12:19 - Aug 10 with 799 viewsWatfordR

Looking like Tyrone may withdraw from the semi final. They feel they’re not being given long enough to prepare once Covid players return
Login to get fewer ads

2021 All-Irelands on 13:07 - Aug 10 with 781 viewsTomS

It shouldn't have to come to that, nobody wants to see that happen. Under the circumstances, Tyrone should be given enough time under return to sport protocols to field a team. Last year's final was played in December so there is a precedent to delay the final for as long as is necessary.
2021 All-Irelands on 13:42 - Aug 10 with 765 viewsWatfordR

2021 All-Irelands on 13:07 - Aug 10 by TomS

It shouldn't have to come to that, nobody wants to see that happen. Under the circumstances, Tyrone should be given enough time under return to sport protocols to field a team. Last year's final was played in December so there is a precedent to delay the final for as long as is necessary.

No, I’d agree.

Also, a semi final not played is income lost for the GAA, so I’d expect something to be sorted
2021 All-Irelands on 14:07 - Aug 10 with 753 viewsCLAREMAN1995

2021 All-Irelands on 17:22 - Aug 8 by MrSheen

I see the same Ref that bottled it last year not sending off the eventual HUrler of The Year for a frontal challenge plus 1 or 2 more Limerick players gets rewarded with another final.
I hope he finds the balls to protect the Cork players because they have the ability to outscore Limerick and I would say the whole of Ireland is behind the Rebels .They beat Clare but I firmly hope they can pull it off .
2021 All-Irelands on 14:19 - Aug 10 with 748 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2021 All-Irelands on 14:07 - Aug 10 by CLAREMAN1995

I see the same Ref that bottled it last year not sending off the eventual HUrler of The Year for a frontal challenge plus 1 or 2 more Limerick players gets rewarded with another final.
I hope he finds the balls to protect the Cork players because they have the ability to outscore Limerick and I would say the whole of Ireland is behind the Rebels .They beat Clare but I firmly hope they can pull it off .

Sh1t. That's bad news for us.

2021 All-Irelands on 16:04 - Aug 14 with 671 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tyrone withdraw from the competition due to COVID.

Tough on them.

2021 All-Irelands on 17:05 - Aug 14 with 657 viewsWatfordR

2021 All-Irelands on 16:04 - Aug 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Tyrone withdraw from the competition due to COVID.

Tough on them.

Might be a bit of a game of poker going on there Brian. They'd asked for a two week delay and were only given six days by the GAA.

So far it appears that Tyrone have only said that they will not fulfil next week's game. GAA now have to decide whether to offer a further extension.
2021 All-Irelands on 17:07 - Aug 14 with 651 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2021 All-Irelands on 17:05 - Aug 14 by WatfordR

Might be a bit of a game of poker going on there Brian. They'd asked for a two week delay and were only given six days by the GAA.

So far it appears that Tyrone have only said that they will not fulfil next week's game. GAA now have to decide whether to offer a further extension.

Maybe, tough on them either way. They haven't been training so they'll struggle to perform now.

2021 All-Irelands on 17:12 - Aug 14 with 642 viewsWatfordR

2021 All-Irelands on 17:07 - Aug 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Maybe, tough on them either way. They haven't been training so they'll struggle to perform now.

Yeah I'd agree. But if they are offered a further week's extension, I wonder if they wouldn't feel they ought to give it a go.
2021 All-Irelands on 17:16 - Aug 14 with 639 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2021 All-Irelands on 17:12 - Aug 14 by WatfordR

Yeah I'd agree. But if they are offered a further week's extension, I wonder if they wouldn't feel they ought to give it a go.

Yes, I think they would and (health of their players allowing, naturally) they probably should.

2021 All-Irelands on 17:39 - Aug 14 with 632 viewsWatfordR

I find myself quite looking forward to the Dublin Mayo game. Must be a bit carried away after this afternoon's mauling of the Tigers.
2021 All-Irelands on 18:30 - Aug 14 with 618 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mayo have been pretty awful so far.
No movement for their own goal kicks, poor passing, poor movement up front and terrible tackling.
Dublin have only had to wait for the next inevitable Mayo mistake.

2021 All-Irelands on 18:47 - Aug 14 with 604 viewsWatfordR

2021 All-Irelands on 18:30 - Aug 14 by BrianMcCarthy

No movement for their own goal kicks, poor passing, poor movement up front and terrible tackling.

Yep, and they've left three points out there too due to woeful kicking.

Said a few weeks back, I didn't think they had the belief they could beat Dublin, and in the few minutes before kick off, the camera panning around players showed a lot of them looking a bit like rabbits in the headlights.

If they want some comfort, I suppose they should remember a similarly inept first half against Galway, and the transformation the goal from a penalty brought them early in the second half. But it's way too easy for Dublin, for whom Fenton has looked very good.
2021 All-Irelands on 18:48 - Aug 14 with 604 viewsMrSheen

2021 All-Irelands on 18:30 - Aug 14 by BrianMcCarthy

You can always rely on Mayo to let you down.
2021 All-Irelands on 18:51 - Aug 14 with 598 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2021 All-Irelands on 18:47 - Aug 14 by WatfordR

Yep, and they've left three points out there too due to woeful kicking.

Said a few weeks back, I didn't think they had the belief they could beat Dublin, and in the few minutes before kick off, the camera panning around players showed a lot of them looking a bit like rabbits in the headlights.

If they want some comfort, I suppose they should remember a similarly inept first half against Galway, and the transformation the goal from a penalty brought them early in the second half. But it's way too easy for Dublin, for whom Fenton has looked very good.

Losing Oisín Mullen may well have sapped a bit of confidence too.

Fair point about their second half against Galway - they made great changes at half-time and thundered into it. I hope they can again, they're the coming team in Ireland and the sooner they arrive the better.

2021 All-Irelands on 19:07 - Aug 14 with 585 viewsted_hendrix

Did Mayo lose? hope not or herself will be grumpy.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

2021 All-Irelands on 19:10 - Aug 14 with 583 viewsMrSheen

2021 All-Irelands on 19:07 - Aug 14 by ted_hendrix

Did Mayo lose? hope not or herself will be grumpy.

10-5 down with 25 to go.
2021 All-Irelands on 19:16 - Aug 14 with 578 viewsWatfordR

It's there for them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024