Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2021 All-Irelands 09:11 - May 2 with 9202 viewsMrSheen

When do the crowds return, and will competition be delayed to wait for them?

Limerick and Dublin favourites again, I presume?
2021 All-Irelands on 19:38 - Aug 14 with 1650 viewsMrSheen

Two points, 5 minutes of extras.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 19:39]
2021 All-Irelands on 19:46 - Aug 14 with 1640 viewsWatfordR

Dublin getting away with absolute murder here.

Well done Mayo to take it to ET. If there's any justice, they'll win now. But I just have my doubts...
2021 All-Irelands on 19:50 - Aug 14 with 1619 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2021 All-Irelands on 19:46 - Aug 14 by WatfordR

Dublin getting away with absolute murder here.

Well done Mayo to take it to ET. If there's any justice, they'll win now. But I just have my doubts...

Agree with all of that, particularly your last line.

I think Horan is a superb manager, and I admire his decision to take off Aidan O'Shea, it would be a retrograde step to bring him back on at any stage particularly after his intervention at the end of NT.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2021 All-Irelands on 20:15 - Aug 14 with 1595 viewsMrSheen

Wow, it might actually happen.
2021 All-Irelands on 20:28 - Aug 14 with 1585 viewsWatfordR

Well done Mayo. Dublin gone down snarling, cynical and without any grace at all.
2021 All-Irelands on 20:32 - Aug 14 with 1571 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Have to hand it to Mayo - missing their best player since April through injury, the Young Footballer of the Year through injury and their talisman to bad form and they beat the 6-in-a-row Champions.

A superb reaction to a poor first half. Horan's little masterpiece to bring O'Shea on for the last minute to change the headlines. He's a great manager.

2021 All-Irelands on 20:38 - Aug 14 with 1555 viewsMrSheen

Slow down if you see a funeral, boys.
2021 All-Irelands on 20:40 - Aug 14 with 1551 viewsWatfordR

2021 All-Irelands on 20:32 - Aug 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Have to hand it to Mayo - missing their best player since April through injury, the Young Footballer of the Year through injury and their talisman to bad form and they beat the 6-in-a-row Champions.

A superb reaction to a poor first half. Horan's little masterpiece to bring O'Shea on for the last minute to change the headlines. He's a great manager.

You know, it occurs to me now that maybe Mayo played Dublin for a bit of a "rope-a-dope".

The signs have been there in previous rounds that Dublin don't any longer have the players to bring on and grind down opponents in the last quarter. Mayo certainly did, with pace coming on with nearly every sub.

I'm already looking forward to the final, whoever they play.
Login to get fewer ads

2021 All-Irelands on 20:41 - Aug 14 with 1549 viewsWatfordR

2021 All-Irelands on 20:38 - Aug 14 by MrSheen

Slow down if you see a funeral, boys.

2021 All-Irelands on 21:03 - Aug 14 with 1532 viewsted_hendrix

Plenty of pints being pulled in Ballina tonight.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

2021 All-Irelands on 22:47 - Aug 14 with 1483 viewsBoston

all that and Rangers smashing Kilkenny....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

2021 All-Irelands on 00:17 - Aug 15 with 1434 viewsMrSheen

I have to say, I drove across the South to Rosslare on Friday and saw a lot more Cork and Limerick flags than Kerry. They might have a bit more faith today.
2021 All-Irelands on 22:39 - Aug 15 with 1312 viewsWatfordR

Kerry-Tyrone moved to Saturday 28 August
2021 All-Irelands on 11:41 - Aug 16 with 1225 viewsTomS

I watched the match from high up in the Cusack Stand, so had a perfect tactical view. Mayo played a full press in the first half, with the entire team operating like window wipers going left and right across the pitch, following the ball. Dublin countered that by quickly moving the ball to the opposite sides of the pitch to exploit the undefended space. They led 10-4 at halftime which, as I WhatsApped at the time, was okay.

I noticed in the first half that several Dublin players were slipping a lot on the rain affected surface. Yet, they were never told at halftime to change their boots and put on ones with longer studs. Had complacency set in?

From the beginning of the second half, Mayo changed from a full press to a high press. This meant they pushed their midfield and defence up. The way to counter that is to play the long ball over all of that, but the Dublin forwards fell back into midfield, so there was no "out ball" for the Dublin midfield. The slipping continued and passes were dropped under the sustained pressure. Mayo took their chances, their supporters found their voice as they sensed the change in momentum, and the rest is history.

Yet, despite all that was happening on the pitch, the Dublin management team didn't change anything. The team persisted in trying to hold onto the ball in defence, then constantly got caught out.

Dublin's defeat was predictable, the team has run its course. But the manner of it last Saturday was self inflicted by the Dublin (mis)management in that second half.

I wish Mayo the best of luck in the final. They have cruelly been denied an All Ireland for far too long. Hopefully this is their time.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 16:29]
2021 All-Irelands on 16:24 - Aug 22 with 1080 viewsA40Bosh

I know Limerick were favourites but they are giving the Rebels some hiding so far.

Miracle time of Cork come back from this

Liam

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

2021 All-Irelands on 17:19 - Aug 22 with 1060 viewsTomS

That was simply awesome. Limerick had quality all over the pitch and simply played to a much higher standard than Cork, or anyone else they have played this season, could live with.
2021 All-Irelands on 18:29 - Aug 22 with 1031 viewsMrSheen

I doubt I’ll ever get used to the finals not being the first and third Sunday! Didn’t see the game but that sounds like a complete dismembering.
2021 All-Irelands on 22:27 - Aug 22 with 994 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If there are any Limerick fans on here, sincere congratulations. A fine display.

Likewise to anyone from Tyrone, whose Minor Footballers beat the Cork team I am involved with comprehensively and impressively with a great performance.

Comhghairdeas go léir.

2021 All-Irelands on 01:32 - Aug 23 with 962 viewsBoston

2021 All-Irelands on 22:27 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

If there are any Limerick fans on here, sincere congratulations. A fine display.

Likewise to anyone from Tyrone, whose Minor Footballers beat the Cork team I am involved with comprehensively and impressively with a great performance.

Comhghairdeas go léir.

McCarthy OUT!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

2021 All-Irelands on 10:00 - Aug 23 with 927 viewsMrSheen

2021 All-Irelands on 01:32 - Aug 23 by Boston

McCarthy OUT!

Cork Fans TV, tough crowd.
2021 All-Irelands on 13:57 - Aug 23 with 869 viewsMyke

2021 All-Irelands on 22:27 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Comhghairdeas go léir.

Commiserations on both counts Brian. Limerick were just unplayable, and awesome display of power and class. I was a bit surprised that Tyrone overturned you so significantly; against Donegal in the Ulster final it was a dire game with neither team scoring for the best part of 30 minutes. It sounds like your goalie made some outstanding saves . Had you any relatives involved? My son was with the Sligo minors until Christmas, but unfortunately didn't survive the final cull. Even with 14 men for the entire second half, Meath were too strong for them, although to their credit, Sligo never gave up. Should be an interesting final.
2021 All-Irelands on 14:29 - Aug 23 with 849 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2021 All-Irelands on 13:57 - Aug 23 by Myke

Commiserations on both counts Brian. Limerick were just unplayable, and awesome display of power and class. I was a bit surprised that Tyrone overturned you so significantly; against Donegal in the Ulster final it was a dire game with neither team scoring for the best part of 30 minutes. It sounds like your goalie made some outstanding saves . Had you any relatives involved? My son was with the Sligo minors until Christmas, but unfortunately didn't survive the final cull. Even with 14 men for the entire second half, Meath were too strong for them, although to their credit, Sligo never gave up. Should be an interesting final.

We didn't play at all well, Myke. Just didn't perform to anywhere near our capabilities.

Tyrone were awesome, though. I was scouting at the Ulster Final and, yes, Tyrone underperformed that day and I was also at other Tyrone games and had we played well I think it would've been a close game. But they deserved the margin of victory and were a pleasure to deal with off the pitch.

No, I had no relatives involved. Had I done, I would've had to step aside for the year due to conflict of interests. Congrats to your son, sorry he didn't make it on to the final panel, but he can come again.

Remind him that the following players didn't play inter-County Minor:

Lee Keegan
Bernard Brogan
Conor McManus
Brian Fenton
Donncha O'Connor
Paul Murphy
Ryan McMenimen
Damien Comor

2021 All-Irelands on 17:50 - Aug 28 with 717 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tyrone going very well at half-time in extra time, up by 3.

Kerry's defence poor today yet again. Would fancy Mayo to overcome either of these teams in the Final.

2021 All-Irelands on 18:18 - Aug 28 with 676 viewsMrSheen

2021 All-Irelands on 17:50 - Aug 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Tyrone going very well at half-time in extra time, up by 3.

Kerry's defence poor today yet again. Would fancy Mayo to overcome either of these teams in the Final.

Noooooo, they’ll be lucky to break 15 points total between them in the final.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 18:22]
2021 All-Irelands on 20:56 - Aug 28 with 625 viewsMyke

Tremendous result for Tyrone. Incredible energy and stamina considering all they had been through/ Very disingenuous comments coming out of Kerry that Tyrone obviously didn't have covid as bad as they claimed - poor show.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024