Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes' Injury 16:10 - May 8 with 2709 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes' Injury on 16:59 - May 8 with 2522 viewsParkRoyalR

Yes,

Testament to Dykes's character and commitment to the team that he was keen to play on,

With Euro's upcoming a lot of players with less commitment would have opted for an early shower, definitely seems the right sort.
Dykes' Injury on 17:31 - May 9 with 2089 viewsNorthernr

Personally thought that was a red card. Needless, nasty, dangerous tackle in an end of season nothing game.
Dykes' Injury on 18:36 - May 9 with 1958 viewsQPRSteve

West Brom being linked with him.

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/05/09/kevin-phillips-delivers-verdict-as-wes

"Could be an option for the the Albion if he's on the cheap."

F*cking cheek.
Dykes' Injury on 19:01 - May 9 with 1851 viewsfrancisbowles

Dykes' Injury on 17:31 - May 9 by Northernr

Personally thought that was a red card. Needless, nasty, dangerous tackle in an end of season nothing game.

Yes I thought it was in that 'orange' category where it could be construed as reckless or dangerous.

Charlie's early yellow was nasty as well and he seems to have a bit of a habit for poor tackles of this ilk.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 19:01]
Dykes' Injury on 19:06 - May 9 with 1826 viewsenfieldargh

Dykes' Injury on 18:36 - May 9 by QPRSteve

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/05/09/kevin-phillips-delivers-verdict-as-wes

F*cking cheek.

Is 15 million cheap enough mr No News West Brom?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Dykes' Injury on 19:07 - May 9 with 1824 viewsdmm

F*cking cheek.

I think we'll get a fair amount of this and not only around Dykes. Most of it will be clickbait nonsense but we can't rule out one or two very attractive offers coming in for our best players. If so, that's the business we're in now and it'll prove we're doing well at it.
Dykes' Injury on 19:10 - May 9 with 1812 viewsNorthernr

Dykes' Injury on 19:07 - May 9 by dmm

I think we'll get a fair amount of this and not only around Dykes. Most of it will be clickbait nonsense but we can't rule out one or two very attractive offers coming in for our best players. If so, that's the business we're in now and it'll prove we're doing well at it.

Only needs him to have a good Euros...
Dykes' Injury on 19:16 - May 9 with 1785 viewsngbqpr

F*cking cheek.

Kevin Philips.

Great striker. Fkin awful "columnist."

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes' Injury on 19:18 - May 9 with 1777 viewsdmm

Dykes' Injury on 19:10 - May 9 by Northernr

And particularly v England! Let's hope Andy Belk has targetted one or two replacements.
Dykes' Injury on 20:51 - May 9 with 1585 viewsHunterhoop

Dykes' Injury on 19:18 - May 9 by dmm

And particularly v England! Let's hope Andy Belk has targetted one or two replacements.

Like Dykes. Really starting to see what we thought was under the bonnet come to the fore.

But Moore at Cardiff would be an improvement, IMO. Think he’d score a lot of goals for us.

And Armstrong would be ace. I know he’s not a target man but his pace would be brilliant for our system. It would mean team’s couldn’t play high and press our midfield because he would burn them in behind. They’d have to keep their back line deep, opening up tons of space for our midfield abd the likes of Chair and Willock, isolating their midfield in a big space, allowing us to slice through teams.

We almost certainly can’t afford his transfer fee (unless we had a silly offer for Dykes) nor his salary, but if we had Armstrong up top, I’d back us heavily for top 6, in fact, I’d have a punt on top 2.

Not happening though.

Freddy Ladapo is affordable and I am convinced their is player with a high ceiling in there who would also flourish in our side.
Dykes' Injury on 20:52 - May 9 with 1577 viewsgazza1

Really......he has improved a lot since he struggled to control the ball with a simple pass, rarely got into the right positions, contributed next to nothing.

He has done much better over the past 6 weeks or so but please lets not go overboard about his talents.
Dykes' Injury on 21:16 - May 9 with 1503 viewsDorse

Dykes' Injury on 17:31 - May 9 by Northernr

It definitely lacked a bit of class.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dykes' Injury on 21:16 - May 9 with 1503 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes' Injury on 20:51 - May 9 by Hunterhoop

Like Dykes. Really starting to see what we thought was under the bonnet come to the fore.

But Moore at Cardiff would be an improvement, IMO. Think he’d score a lot of goals for us.

And Armstrong would be ace. I know he’s not a target man but his pace would be brilliant for our system. It would mean team’s couldn’t play high and press our midfield because he would burn them in behind. They’d have to keep their back line deep, opening up tons of space for our midfield abd the likes of Chair and Willock, isolating their midfield in a big space, allowing us to slice through teams.

We almost certainly can’t afford his transfer fee (unless we had a silly offer for Dykes) nor his salary, but if we had Armstrong up top, I’d back us heavily for top 6, in fact, I’d have a punt on top 2.

Not happening though.

Freddy Ladapo is affordable and I am convinced their is player with a high ceiling in there who would also flourish in our side.

Didn't we try for Moore last Summer, Hunter, only for Cardiff to join the race and win him over?

Whether he joined them because of higher wages, signing-on fee, Welsh club or a combination of those or other factors, he's off our radar now, I can't help but think?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes' Injury on 21:33 - May 9 with 1452 viewsLazyFan

Dykes' Injury on 21:16 - May 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Didn't we try for Moore last Summer, Hunter, only for Cardiff to join the race and win him over?

Whether he joined them because of higher wages, signing-on fee, Welsh club or a combination of those or other factors, he's off our radar now, I can't help but think?

He joined to get into the Welsh team and it worked. From his point of view, it was a great move. Right where he should be. Nothing we could do to complete when Cardiff came in for him. that lure of international football being cemented by playing there every week was too much.

Although it shows our scouting network is doing a good job, just because it did not come off this time our back up Dykes did. To me if their plan B is this good, let's hope we get some 1st options across the line this summer.

zzzzzzzzzz

Dykes' Injury on 22:01 - May 9 with 1402 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dykes' Injury on 19:10 - May 9 by Northernr

Good thing is, if you look at who our most saleable assets appear to be: Dieng, Chair, Willock, Dickie and now Dykes (esp, as you say, if he gets a couple of goals at the Euros - see Robson-Kanu in 2016 for what that can do for a player) - every single one not even a full year into their current deal.

Unless we're absolutely desperate for cash (as opposed to be merely desperate), any bid for any of them would hopefully have to be a very generous one.

Bare bones.

Dykes' Injury on 22:08 - May 9 with 1380 viewsnix

Dykes' Injury on 22:01 - May 9 by Antti_Heinola

Good thing is, if you look at who our most saleable assets appear to be: Dieng, Chair, Willock, Dickie and now Dykes (esp, as you say, if he gets a couple of goals at the Euros - see Robson-Kanu in 2016 for what that can do for a player) - every single one not even a full year into their current deal.

Unless we're absolutely desperate for cash (as opposed to be merely desperate), any bid for any of them would hopefully have to be a very generous one.

I agree. Let's face it, we've only had half a season of most of these players playing at their best and we've barely seen them play live.

I'd really miss the chance of what they could do this season if we kept them all and added a couple of other players.

It would have to be offers that you can't turn down rather than cheeky punts. We surely aren't that desperate post-Eze fee.
Dykes' Injury on 22:50 - May 9 with 1322 viewsHunterhoop

Dykes' Injury on 21:16 - May 9 by BrianMcCarthy

We did try and he picked Cardiff.

But we thought we had him so salary cannot have been too big an issue. And my only point was predicated on us having money from a big sale of Dykes, not that I believe that would happen. It’s just that if you could end up net even of transfer fees and salaries, I think it would be a good result.

But it won’t happen, neither would Armstrong. Bigger boys with bigger cars will come along to pick them up.

Ladapo is very much in the equation though.
Dykes' Injury on 11:28 - May 10 with 1011 viewsTacticalR

When I was watching the game I had a horrible feeling his knee had gone. If that had happened next season could be pretty difficult without an established striker (assuming we don't get Austin).

It's hard to judge Dykes. I really hope now that he has got going that it's onwards and upwards and this is not just a flash in the pan. If I was him I would stick around for at least a season.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024