Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fleetwood live & free on youtube 17:07 - Jul 16 with 17265 viewsblackdogblue

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/fleetwoodtownstreaming/

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 17:25 - Jul 16 with 7198 viewsncfc_chalky

I shall be tuning in,give us a wave

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 17:29 - Jul 16 with 7170 views1907

Fair play from the club.

Obviously wouldn’t want to advertise this too early as floaters wouldn’t turn up & enjoy for free.

We’re in a very new world now post covid where the balance between supporter engagement & profit is more challenging than ever.
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 18:12 - Jul 16 with 7095 viewsDalenet

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 17:29 - Jul 16 by 1907

Fair play from the club.

Obviously wouldn’t want to advertise this too early as floaters wouldn’t turn up & enjoy for free.

We’re in a very new world now post covid where the balance between supporter engagement & profit is more challenging than ever.

This isn't meant to be negative, but I wonder whether the club has thought through the overall approach properly

Having an online ticket system means you can see how many tickets have been sold/seats available. A quick check this morning implied they had sold less than 500 tickets for tomorrow and just 20 so far for next Tuesday, the first game where the club has decided to lift all restrictions.

I know these are friendlies, and we haven't seen any investment in the squad as yet, but even by our standards we will reach new lows for pre-season attendance. I do think the club has completely under estimated the impact of the local covid infection rates and will rue the decision not to use some distancing measures until infection rates fall right back. Our low season card sales was a warning.. It would be a real shame if the only way to attract attention was to screen the games for free on You Tube.

Is anybody staying away until things improve? I note that Hornets are retaining seating restrictions/distancing for their game at Spotland later in the month. Maybe they better understand supporter sentiment? Or maybe I am reading too much into it, but the club need to understand if this is an issue
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 18:18 - Jul 16 with 7075 views442Dale

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 18:12 - Jul 16 by Dalenet

This isn't meant to be negative, but I wonder whether the club has thought through the overall approach properly

Having an online ticket system means you can see how many tickets have been sold/seats available. A quick check this morning implied they had sold less than 500 tickets for tomorrow and just 20 so far for next Tuesday, the first game where the club has decided to lift all restrictions.

I know these are friendlies, and we haven't seen any investment in the squad as yet, but even by our standards we will reach new lows for pre-season attendance. I do think the club has completely under estimated the impact of the local covid infection rates and will rue the decision not to use some distancing measures until infection rates fall right back. Our low season card sales was a warning.. It would be a real shame if the only way to attract attention was to screen the games for free on You Tube.

Is anybody staying away until things improve? I note that Hornets are retaining seating restrictions/distancing for their game at Spotland later in the month. Maybe they better understand supporter sentiment? Or maybe I am reading too much into it, but the club need to understand if this is an issue

The problem, as mentioned previously, is a national one, rather than one our local rates have any particular influence over. It’s going to be on all clubs to assess the impact of Covid, the game has changed and they can only see what happens and try and plan from there.

After what we’ve all seen and been accustomed too, there’s every chance rules could change again in the future. It’s impossible to predict, so have every sympathy for clubs.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 18:48 - Jul 16 with 6980 viewsEllDale

Rightly or wrongly there may be more factors in a reluctance to watch a friendly tomorrow.
Despite the pricing who wants to watch ten or so senior professionals bolstered by Academy players?
There is the fallout from relegation.
People also remember the turgid football of the last three seasons and an appalling home record
People have simply got out of the habit of going to football.
The weather forecast makes people with families think more of the beach.
People are still unsure of how stable the club is following events of the last couple of months.
Mix all those together and perhaps it’s not surprising that fans are voting with their feet.
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 19:11 - Jul 16 with 6909 views442Dale

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 18:48 - Jul 16 by EllDale

Rightly or wrongly there may be more factors in a reluctance to watch a friendly tomorrow.
Despite the pricing who wants to watch ten or so senior professionals bolstered by Academy players?
There is the fallout from relegation.
People also remember the turgid football of the last three seasons and an appalling home record
People have simply got out of the habit of going to football.
The weather forecast makes people with families think more of the beach.
People are still unsure of how stable the club is following events of the last couple of months.
Mix all those together and perhaps it’s not surprising that fans are voting with their feet.

Yep. It’s the perfect storm and we will have to accept and adapt. Won’t be the only ones albeit the storm over Spotland may have been worse than some places since the country last went to club games.

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 19:29 - Jul 16 with 6845 views49thseason

Im going, the chance of getting the lurgy in the open air on a sunny afternoon is about as low as it gets, the new scarient is perhaps more transmissible but hospitalisations and deaths have fallen like a stone. If you do millions of tests you will find loads of positives are they real or false? Who knows? We uave to get on with our lives and I cant spend the rest of my days hiding behind the sofa at the behest of the BBC. If we are playing at the COA I will be there or on my holidays, life is too short to spend it fretting about made up percentages. No one gave a toss at Wembley, or Wimbledon, especially those who maybe should have been setting an example. If they dont care, why should anyone else?
Come on chaps, up and at 'em!
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 20:20 - Jul 16 with 6759 views442Dale

Everyone thinks differently. Again, you’d have thought that would have been learnt over the last year.

There’s a lot of unnecessary pressure across the spectrum.

Login to get fewer ads

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 08:06 - Jul 17 with 6390 viewsboromat

I don't think the club see friendlies as money makers. In fact today more than ever is a marketing exercise and a chance to show how safe it is. On the pitch it's also an opportunity for the manager to show his intentions with style of play, accepting he's only been here a week 😂. Free on YouTube is a good call I think. Helps me out anyway as I've been ill with Covid not free from isolation until tomorrow and probably wouldn't be fit enough anyway.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 08:38 - Jul 17 with 6348 viewsboromat

On another point last time we had a match live streamed on YouTube it wasn't great so manage expectations 😂

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 09:06 - Jul 17 with 6292 viewsSandyman

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 08:06 - Jul 17 by boromat

I don't think the club see friendlies as money makers. In fact today more than ever is a marketing exercise and a chance to show how safe it is. On the pitch it's also an opportunity for the manager to show his intentions with style of play, accepting he's only been here a week 😂. Free on YouTube is a good call I think. Helps me out anyway as I've been ill with Covid not free from isolation until tomorrow and probably wouldn't be fit enough anyway.

Get well soon
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 09:15 - Jul 17 with 6263 viewsDaleiLama

I know your comments on judging the manager were massively tongue in cheek (smiley used) but it raises an interesting point of when is it fair to do so. He has a small decimated squad, a lot of young uns, needs to recruit, has an unknown budget (to us) which will no doubt be relatively small and is going to try to play a certain way without knowing if the players he has/recruits can do it. It will be fascinating watching this process evolve but I hope thd 'Stockdale out' banners aren't seen during 2021.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 10:01 - Jul 17 with 6190 viewsboromat

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 09:15 - Jul 17 by DaleiLama

I know your comments on judging the manager were massively tongue in cheek (smiley used) but it raises an interesting point of when is it fair to do so. He has a small decimated squad, a lot of young uns, needs to recruit, has an unknown budget (to us) which will no doubt be relatively small and is going to try to play a certain way without knowing if the players he has/recruits can do it. It will be fascinating watching this process evolve but I hope thd 'Stockdale out' banners aren't seen during 2021.

Agree he's got a lot to do in a very short period of time. First game is now 3 weeks away transfer window closing is 6/7 weeks away. I can't see us having the squad complete until 2 September. Let's see how we're looking through November and December.

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 11:11 - Jul 17 with 6094 viewsDalenet

It will be very safe today - they've only sold about 400 tickets. Almost a block each haha

Hope you recover soon.
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 12:15 - Jul 17 with 5943 views_Windydale

Hoping to see :

An understanding patient crowd.

The Players to have a few smiles and show eagerness to get on with the coming season.

An insight into a new/change in playing style. (Until we get new players, he's a bit hamstrung choosing ideal formations that suit our player's skillset )

A home goal in open play.

New football score screen?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 15:01]
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 14:09 - Jul 17 with 5704 viewsfitzochris

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 09:15 - Jul 17 by DaleiLama

I don’t think it’s fair to judge Stockdale until he’s had chance to get his own team together and enough time to get them doing what he wants.

Given the turbulence of this pre-season, that isn’t going to happen quickly.

He asks for patience and he deserves it.

That’s not to say we can’t make the usual observations game by game, but I definitely think we need to appreciate the current situation.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 14:48 - Jul 17 with 5547 viewselectricblue

I dont see no link on the youtube channel....

Sussed it.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 14:51]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 14:51 - Jul 17 with 5516 views_Windydale

[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 14:52]
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 14:59 - Jul 17 with 5459 viewsNigeriamark

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 14:48 - Jul 17 by electricblue

I dont see no link on the youtube channel....

Sussed it.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 14:51]

How did you suss it?, I haven't yet even though I am in the You Tube site
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 15:02 - Jul 17 with 5431 viewsseasidedale

It’s not the first picture on the official Rochdale site it’s 4th along between to two stockdale interviews
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 15:19 - Jul 17 with 5306 viewselectricblue

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 14:59 - Jul 17 by Nigeriamark

How did you suss it?, I haven't yet even though I am in the You Tube site

Top right view channel......

They should do more live youtube games for those who cant get to a game.
I dont mind paying a tenner

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 15:22 - Jul 17 with 5280 viewsRotherhamDale

Superb goal early doors. The 4 3 3 looks really good 20 minutes in. Not sure who the trialist is at left back.

Possession with progression.

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 15:30 - Jul 17 with 5179 viewsDaleiLama

1/4 of the game gone, too 🔥 to press but Brian Barry Who?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 15:31 - Jul 17 with 5164 viewsncfc_chalky

794 watching

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 15:32 - Jul 17 with 5141 views_Windydale

The first 25 mins and the Dale players are really enjoying their football. There's lots of effort and endeavour on display. I think the new gaffer will be pleased so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024