Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fleetwood live & free on youtube 17:07 - Jul 16 with 17277 viewsblackdogblue

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/july/fleetwoodtownstreaming/

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 18:28 - Jul 17 with 4704 views49thseason

What an excellent afternoon! Old pals well met, shared coffee and biscuits, months of old news to catch up on and lots of jokes at the expense of the CEO now departed!
Pitch looked as though it hadn't been played on for months....new players to watch, old players to compare them with. And a brand of football that seemed to indicate it is OK to pass the ball to a blue shirt in an attacking manner. Even Big Jim managed 45 minutes without a major issue. Morley looks as if he has done lots in the gym, even Rathbone looks like a cloud has been lifted. Beesleys goal was a thing of beauty and Dooley scored!
Yipee! footy is back!
Just need to fix the loud (actually silent) speakers in the Sandy now! No doubt Bottomley has been fiddling with the knobs!

Roll on Tuesday.
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 18:39 - Jul 17 with 4623 views_Windydale

Aye,he probably did mess with the volume settings just before kitbag jack marched him out. Also putting half a roll of bog roll down the mens sandylane toilets in a petty fit.
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 19:40 - Jul 17 with 4320 viewsR17ALE

Bizarrely, during half time big Jim came out and started chatting to fans in the Sandy, saying how pleased he was to see us back.

He gave us the name of the triallist left back who impressed me.

He's here....

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reece-hutchinson-b
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 19:41]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 19:47 - Jul 17 with 4275 views100notout

Top man is Jimmy Mc

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 20:02 - Jul 17 with 4194 viewsEllDale

As an aside I thought the new kit looked great today, smashing to see blue shirts with white shorts and socks.
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 20:23 - Jul 17 with 4088 views442Dale

There’s a definite change in approach. If we can pass in our own half, we will. If not, then a ball into a striker or behind their defence was an option that was taken regularly. This immediately forced Fleetwood to defend and from there we could pick up a clearance or from a challenge and start playing again, this time in their half.

Players obviously encouraged to get themselves and the ball into the box as well, as highlight by the first two goals. It certainly suits someone like Newby and Beesley will welcome regular deliveries into the penalty area.

It was only one game of course, but the difference was noticeable.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 22:50 - Jul 17 with 3626 viewsDale92

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 19:40 - Jul 17 by R17ALE

Bizarrely, during half time big Jim came out and started chatting to fans in the Sandy, saying how pleased he was to see us back.

He's here....

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reece-hutchinson-b

Could be a punt but could the cb be Cyriaque Mayounga, released from wolves left footed cb. I only watched the live stream but seem similar in stature and position.

Edit- Stockdale and Shann did state there Midlands connections
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 22:51]

This is the One, I've waited for

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 23:03 - Jul 17 with 3572 viewsmikehunt

Despite the sparse crowd, it was great to be back. Feel a bit of excitement when the goals went in.
The team that played the first half (if we can keep them) will not let us down. They will do a good job in this division. So, although strictly speaking this was a loss (in my mind anyway - their own goal was such a freak) the heat and substitutions skewed the game somewhat.
Our first two goals were very well crafted: the lovely chipped pass to Dooley to control and score and the second goal stemmed from Dooley bringing, what I thought was an over hit pass, under control mid-run, without a pause and just ran at their defence. A bit more interplay and a very decent cross from Newby (I think) onto Beesley's head. Really good goal.
As others have stated we do need some back up for those eleven. Perhaps we will be raiding West Brom's Under-23's. But I would prefer to see slightly older players on loan than the raw kids we had last season.
As the good ship Dale steadies itself we might just have an interesting season ahead of us.
UTD

PS Just a thought but wouldn't it be a good idea to have penalties at the end of a friendly draw? Just to give players a bit of experience in taking them in a live situation.

PPS I might be completely wrong but I thought I heard someone behind me say one of our trialists had been at Reading last season. Might give someone a clue.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 23:07]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Login to get fewer ads

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 23:41 - Jul 17 with 3427 viewsNIGELdale

Great to be back today in such hot conditions decent game for a preseason game going forward we looked ok . First bit of recruitment will have too be defensively minded players. The left back trialist was all over the place got skinned a few times. Great to be back though one thing I did notice was no scoreboard gone quite on that front.
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 00:50 - Jul 18 with 3309 viewsSandyman

Lovely to be back, without Bottomley and BBM, and with a proper board of directors leading the recovery. The first half, the first half-proper game under the influence of our new gaffer was better to watch than a lot of the mind numbing rubbish served up by Brian Bloody Awful.
Second half shaky, but had it's moments including the classic forward play by the team leading to a 2nd goal I can watch again and again.
Lots to fix on and off the meadow given the damage done by previous useless self-serving people. Patience please, everyone. You just get the feeling the right people are getting in place to rescue the club from David Bottomley's disgraceful, disgusting, despicable, thoroughly selfish and incompetent mismanagement of the club. Still claims he is CEO of Dale in his LinkedIn - lies obviously.
I've trodden in dog dirt that is better than David Bottomley will ever be.
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 05:27 - Jul 18 with 3184 viewsrichfoad32

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 19:40 - Jul 17 by R17ALE

He's here....

If McNulty can give you the name of the trialist is there a reason that the club can't name him beforehand to save all the guessing and speculation? Perhaps there is a good reason and I've missed it but hearing them referred to 'Trialist A' and 'Trialist B' in commentary sounded ridiculous. Why can't they just name them and a bit of background info?
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 5:33]
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 09:41 - Jul 18 with 2821 viewsDaleiLama

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 05:27 - Jul 18 by richfoad32

If McNulty can give you the name of the trialist is there a reason that the club can't name him beforehand to save all the guessing and speculation? Perhaps there is a good reason and I've missed it but hearing them referred to 'Trialist A' and 'Trialist B' in commentary sounded ridiculous. Why can't they just name them and a bit of background info?
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 5:33]

Just guessing - agents may not want their clients to have say a dozen run outs and no one takes them on, so they try to stay under a cloak of anonymity?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 11:46 - Jul 18 with 2567 viewsTVOS1907

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 23:41 - Jul 17 by NIGELdale

Great to be back today in such hot conditions decent game for a preseason game going forward we looked ok . First bit of recruitment will have too be defensively minded players. The left back trialist was all over the place got skinned a few times. Great to be back though one thing I did notice was no scoreboard gone quite on that front.

There has apparently been an issue with positioning it on the Willbutts Lane Stand, so it's going to be located in the corner between Willbutts Lane and Pearl Street.

Work will commence soon, as the actual scoreboard has already been purchased and is at the club.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 11:52 - Jul 18 with 2537 viewsNorthernDale

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 00:50 - Jul 18 by Sandyman

Lovely to be back, without Bottomley and BBM, and with a proper board of directors leading the recovery. The first half, the first half-proper game under the influence of our new gaffer was better to watch than a lot of the mind numbing rubbish served up by Brian Bloody Awful.
Second half shaky, but had it's moments including the classic forward play by the team leading to a 2nd goal I can watch again and again.
Lots to fix on and off the meadow given the damage done by previous useless self-serving people. Patience please, everyone. You just get the feeling the right people are getting in place to rescue the club from David Bottomley's disgraceful, disgusting, despicable, thoroughly selfish and incompetent mismanagement of the club. Still claims he is CEO of Dale in his LinkedIn - lies obviously.

Perhaps DB was hoping that the scam artists took over and he could come back to lord it over us misguided plebs.

The new manager is giving all the right signals, but we need to get bodies in asap, we are extremely weak at the back and new at least one good striker, Beesley I am sorry to say, he will not get the goals we will need to be in contention for promotion.
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 11:52 - Jul 18 with 2534 viewsD_Alien

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 11:46 - Jul 18 by TVOS1907

There has apparently been an issue with positioning it on the Willbutts Lane Stand, so it's going to be located in the corner between Willbutts Lane and Pearl Street.

Work will commence soon, as the actual scoreboard has already been purchased and is at the club.

But where will the BBC put its gantry for our cup ties now?

(Not sure Lineker's arse would be that accommodating)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 12:14 - Jul 18 with 2467 viewsTVOS1907

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 11:52 - Jul 18 by D_Alien

But where will the BBC put its gantry for our cup ties now?

(Not sure Lineker's arse would be that accommodating)

They would construct it on his ears out of empty crisp packets.

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 12:15 - Jul 18 with 2464 viewsTVOS1907

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 11:52 - Jul 18 by NorthernDale

Perhaps DB was hoping that the scam artists took over and he could come back to lord it over us misguided plebs.

The new manager is giving all the right signals, but we need to get bodies in asap, we are extremely weak at the back and new at least one good striker, Beesley I am sorry to say, he will not get the goals we will need to be in contention for promotion.

Stockdale has already mentioned in several interviews about the need to get new bodies in. I'm sure he and the club are onto it.

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 12:25 - Jul 18 with 2422 viewsMoonyDale

Best post on this thread, made me smile broadly did that....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 12:26 - Jul 18 with 2414 viewsEllDale

The more you warm to RS the more you resent the secret extension of BBM’s contract.
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 12:26 - Jul 18 with 2412 viewsMoonyDale

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 18:28 - Jul 17 by 49thseason

What an excellent afternoon! Old pals well met, shared coffee and biscuits, months of old news to catch up on and lots of jokes at the expense of the CEO now departed!
Pitch looked as though it hadn't been played on for months....new players to watch, old players to compare them with. And a brand of football that seemed to indicate it is OK to pass the ball to a blue shirt in an attacking manner. Even Big Jim managed 45 minutes without a major issue. Morley looks as if he has done lots in the gym, even Rathbone looks like a cloud has been lifted. Beesleys goal was a thing of beauty and Dooley scored!
Yipee! footy is back!
Just need to fix the loud (actually silent) speakers in the Sandy now! No doubt Bottomley has been fiddling with the knobs!

Roll on Tuesday.

"Bottomley been fiddling with the knobs"......Oooooer matron,

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 13:10 - Jul 18 with 2278 viewsNIGELdale

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 11:46 - Jul 18 by TVOS1907

Thanks TVOS
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 13:22 - Jul 18 with 2223 viewsNafelad

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 12:26 - Jul 18 by MoonyDale

"Bottomley been fiddling with the knobs"......Oooooer matron,

Does this refer to his activity with Jarvis, Curran and Rose?

Topcat

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 14:05 - Jul 18 with 2086 viewsBrierls

What an enjoyable afternoon! It was so good to be back, even for a friendly.

I thought the tempo we played at, in challenging temperatures, was a pleasant surprise. When we had the ball we looked to get bodies forward and there was a real focus on our shape defensively (I was sat near Stockdale and listening intently).

The players look in good shape to be honest. Steady performances from most. It’s important to note that it’s only pre-season but seeing Morley back in a central midfield role was a positive, until his lack of mobility stood out like a sore thumb. It’s my first real look at Odoh, I thought he was OK in the first half and better in the second. Newby often tries to many twists and turns but he’s got quality and will create chances. I thought Dooley was very good in the first half despite being a ginger burning alive.

I wasn’t impressed with the trialist left back, he was poor defensively getting skinned every time he was left one on one. He looks to have decent pace and was good going forward, but defensively wasn’t up to it. Maybe an off day against a good appointment. The trailist centre back is a bit of a unit! Looks calm and composed, maybe too much, but he’s certainly worth an extended look. He’s got a decent turn of pace.

All in all it was a good run out for players and fans alike.
Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 19:18 - Jul 18 with 1641 viewsJames1980

That second goal

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Fleetwood live & free on youtube on 19:47 - Jul 18 with 1563 viewsDalenet

Go on get it off your chest lad.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024