Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Solo Rs fans joining forces? 12:40 - Jul 17 with 4087 viewsed_83

Slightly embarrassing question, but I was wondering if anyone else who doesn't have a regular crew of QPR-supporting friends fancied meeting up for matches at KPFS this season?

I've always gone with my Dad, but a combination of life getting in the way and him moving out of London has made things much tougher to coordinate. None of my other friends are Rs fans, and I've tried going to games on my own but it's just not the same without people to chat to or go for a pint with.

Between covid making me reevaluate the importance of being there in person and the general buzz of optimism around the team at the moment, I really want to get to more games this season, but I also don't want to do it on my own.

If anyone else is in a similar position and fancies joining forces, or if you're up for adopting an extra person into your existing group of match-going friends, let me know.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 12:41]
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 12:48 - Jul 17 with 4038 viewscaliforniahoop

I will keep an eye on this thread, I have a season ticket but life gets in the way, as my friends are always complaining about, more than welcomed too meet up with my mad lot, either Wetherspoon or, well, the Adelaide is closed, so not sure where else.
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 13:58 - Jul 17 with 3867 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Paul Finney has a WhatsApp group for this kind of thing. Not sure if he uses LfW but I’m sure someone can give you the link.

Otherwise feel free to DM me with your deets.
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 14:27 - Jul 17 with 3785 viewsPlanetHonneywood

TindeR

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 14:30 - Jul 17 with 3777 viewsstowmarketrange

I used to go to home games with my kids,but they’ve all grown out of the habit for various reasons,so I normally travel on my own to and from games.It’s good in a way because I can do exactly what I want to do rather than what others want to do.
It does get a bit boring on the train on my own now on the train,especially after a loss,but I do normally meet my brother for a beer or two before the game.And there seems to be a lot of us who travel up from Liverpool St after games.
It remains to be seen how many pubs will be still open to drink in for this season,but I’m sure we’ll find one.
I did walk from Oxford Circus to the ground for the last 5 or 6 games we were able to attend last January and February,so it would be good to start that again.

How many of our old mates will be going back this season,and how many won’t be able to be there,or aren’t here any more?Not long to wait now for the answers.
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 15:59 - Jul 17 with 3638 viewsTomS

I travel across (the Irish Sea) a couple of times a season. I suggest going to the Crown & Sceptre pre match and chatting to anyone there. I have found over the years that all fans on match day are like-minded and are happy to discuss any QPR related issues with any randomer. Some conversations will be more intellectually rewarding than others, but that's life!
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 16:18 - Jul 17 with 3595 viewsed_83

Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 13:58 - Jul 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Paul Finney has a WhatsApp group for this kind of thing. Not sure if he uses LfW but I’m sure someone can give you the link.

Ah perfect! I follow him on Twitter so I’ll drop him a message there.
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 16:19 - Jul 17 with 3591 viewsed_83

Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 14:27 - Jul 17 by PlanetHonneywood

TindeR

Definitely not what I had in mind, but I reckon there’s money to be made in it by the right person… :)
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 16:21 - Jul 17 with 3583 viewsenfieldargh

Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 13:58 - Jul 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought your avatar was Finney

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 20:43 - Jul 17 with 3338 viewsDubaiR

I am in Gloucester and up for that. Lots of QPR friends and family but all over the world. Always meet up when back but did a lot of games on my jack
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 22:24 - Jul 17 with 3210 viewsSeanvsg

I’d be very up for this. Been supporting the R’s most of my life but never had many friends who supported them due to living in Leicestershire. I’ll be moving down to London next month though for a new job so I’m very keen to meet some fellow fans and enjoy the games at the KPF this upcoming season.
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 22:50 - Jul 17 with 3170 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 16:21 - Jul 17 by enfieldargh

I thought your avatar was Finney

A few pies down the line maybe.
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 02:59 - Jul 18 with 2980 viewsSteveB

Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 20:43 - Jul 17 by DubaiR

I am in Gloucester and up for that. Lots of QPR friends and family but all over the world. Always meet up when back but did a lot of games on my jack

GH, deffo meet up this season. Ex Dubai R's & that. JBR Branch.
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 03:53 - Jul 18 with 2957 viewsDubaiR

Drop me a pm
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 16:40 - Jul 18 with 2595 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Will also be following this thread. Planning on leaving the States for London sometime in the winter and spring to catch a match or two and it’ll most likely be a solo journey. Would be great to commiserate with some Rs fans while in town.
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 17:11 - Jul 18 with 2549 viewsdanehoop

I am also interested in this as well. Having spent most of last 7 years focusing exclusively on needs my two disabled sons I am starting to find a few gaps in the schedule again available. Most recently tried filling these with golf, but it is clear that in the intervening years of not playing that I had lost what meagre level of ability I once held - and certainly no interest in playing in poor weather anymore, so few trips a year back to HQ look in order for the autumn.

Never knowingly understood

Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 18:08 - Jul 18 with 2455 viewsBlackCrowe

Tend to go to C&S pre-match with young Crowe and a couple of mates...very welcome to PM me before a match, swap mobile numbers and join us for a pint or two.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 21:31 - Jul 19 with 2009 viewsloneranger1

Great to see someone start this thread, Ed... you beat me to it in truth as I've often been in a similar position!

Will be keeping an eye out ahead of games I'm going to and will reach out to see who's up for a drink/meeting for Rangers chat at the games.
Solo Rs fans joining forces? on 22:19 - Jul 19 with 1968 viewsaston_hoop

I'll keep an eye on this thread too. Back when it used to be a thing, I could get over for 3 or 4 games a season but usually it was just me so it would be nice to join people in similar positions.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024