Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... 13:16 - Aug 2 with 14400 viewsthehat

Still loads and loads of tickets for the Millwall game which is a real shame.

I was disappointed with the crowd on Saturday too, playing a Champions League Team at home with the best squad we have had in years and tickets at very sensible prices and thousands and thousands of empty seats.

It's got me thinking as to why......

Our support base is ageing just look around you at matches when I was a lad watching in the eighties and nineties from the terraces in the Loft or Paddock there used to be loads of groups of young lads (17 - 25 year olds) from all the local areas Hayes, Greenford, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Uxbridge etc all there for day out. You just don't see that anymore maybe there are better things to do nowadays better cinemas, better bowling alleys, better shopping centres, better gyms etc that give this age group more options but what I do know is that as more of us oldies head of to that "great gig in the sky" we are not being replaced as quickly by the younger generation.

The floating football supporter who is probably not a big QPR fan but likes to watch a game every so often: are they being tempted away by better offers at Brentford, Fulham or Watford.

Habit - I know loads and loads of QPR fans who don't go anymore and have just lost the habit and do other stuff now.

Location - Has our traditional West London fanbase moved much further out and travel has become much more of a challenge. Our ground is in one of the most diverse parts of the country and I don't think our fanbase represents that as much as it should. Does the club need to be doing more here??

And last but not least of course the Pandemic we don't yet know what effect that will have on our crowds but I'm sure it won't be a positive one.

We took the best part of 45k to Wembley so we know they are out there maybe its time for the hardcore of around 8k to re-engage with the dormant fans and encourage them back W12.

This season could be special and we want the place rocking -The Board have done their bit now lets do ours - Nothing like a packed Loftus Road!!

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:08 - Aug 5 with 1168 viewsfrancisbowles

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 09:56 - Aug 5 by SheffieldHoop

I'm aware of 2 not-for-profit ticket agencies in the UK, but granted they're probably not appropriate for QPR.

Still, it shows that it's not impossible, and actually rather than asking us for an additional donation to the QPR trust, why not take a % of the booking fee? Would at least make the 3.50 more palatable.

On your second point, because the booking fee goes to (apparently) Ticketmaster this would mean the company taking a portion of the ticket price and donating it to the Qpr trust.

This would mean this loss making club taking a further hit to it's revenues.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:14 - Aug 5 with 1113 viewsSheffieldHoop

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:08 - Aug 5 by francisbowles

On your second point, because the booking fee goes to (apparently) Ticketmaster this would mean the company taking a portion of the ticket price and donating it to the Qpr trust.

This would mean this loss making club taking a further hit to it's revenues.

Yeh, or, we dump Ticketmaster and partner up with a better solution

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:15 - Aug 5 with 1110 views80s_Boy

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 09:56 - Aug 5 by SheffieldHoop

I'm aware of 2 not-for-profit ticket agencies in the UK, but granted they're probably not appropriate for QPR.

Still, it shows that it's not impossible, and actually rather than asking us for an additional donation to the QPR trust, why not take a % of the booking fee? Would at least make the 3.50 more palatable.

"asking us for an additional donation to the QPR trust"

That really does piss me off...

Not just at QPR, by the way, but things like The National Theatre and Tate too. I spend £80 a year on memberships at both and, with the former, at least an additional £150-200 on tickets and £80-100 on programmes/texts too and yet every time I check out it asks for a donation and Tate even write to ask for one....

QPR are a company who make millions per year via TV revenue alone, they don't need to be begging fans for donations at check out point of transactions.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:25 - Aug 5 with 1080 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just checked ticket sales for Millwall and South Africa Road and Ellerslie Road now 90-95% sold. The only Area with plenty of seats left is the Loftus Road End. Obviously restricted access here being the Members/Family Stand.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:50 - Aug 5 with 1025 viewstoboboly

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:25 - Aug 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

Just checked ticket sales for Millwall and South Africa Road and Ellerslie Road now 90-95% sold. The only Area with plenty of seats left is the Loftus Road End. Obviously restricted access here being the Members/Family Stand.

That's where I sit. Bugger off you plebs.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:58 - Aug 5 with 983 viewsAntti_Heinola

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:15 - Aug 5 by 80s_Boy

"asking us for an additional donation to the QPR trust"

That really does piss me off...

Not just at QPR, by the way, but things like The National Theatre and Tate too. I spend £80 a year on memberships at both and, with the former, at least an additional £150-200 on tickets and £80-100 on programmes/texts too and yet every time I check out it asks for a donation and Tate even write to ask for one....

QPR are a company who make millions per year via TV revenue alone, they don't need to be begging fans for donations at check out point of transactions.

doesn't bother me. it's optional. Sometimes I do it, sometimes not, depending on how flush I am. There's a lot of government funding cuts to the arts, so can't blame them and if I can afford it, happy to chuck an extra few quid to the QPR Trust.

'QPR are a company who make millions per year via TV revenue alone, they don't need to be begging fans for donations at check out point of transactions.'

You're probably aware they also have outgoings as well, which exceed these 'millions a year'.
if they don't ask for donations to the Trust then - then when?

Bare bones.

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:04 - Aug 5 with 955 viewsToast_R

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:58 - Aug 5 by Antti_Heinola

doesn't bother me. it's optional. Sometimes I do it, sometimes not, depending on how flush I am. There's a lot of government funding cuts to the arts, so can't blame them and if I can afford it, happy to chuck an extra few quid to the QPR Trust.

'QPR are a company who make millions per year via TV revenue alone, they don't need to be begging fans for donations at check out point of transactions.'

You're probably aware they also have outgoings as well, which exceed these 'millions a year'.

I'm a firm believer in the old adage, if you don't ask you don't get.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:20 - Aug 5 with 913 viewstoboboly

Makes you wonder why they did away with the 50/50.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:39 - Aug 5 with 880 views80s_Boy

"You're probably aware they also have outgoings as well, which exceed these 'millions a year'.
if they don't ask for donations to the Trust then - then when?"

I don't mind them asking/advertising but wish they chose their moments.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:54 - Aug 5 with 850 viewsAntti_Heinola

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:39 - Aug 5 by 80s_Boy

"You're probably aware they also have outgoings as well, which exceed these 'millions a year'.
if they don't ask for donations to the Trust then - then when?"

I don't mind them asking/advertising but wish they chose their moments.

seems self-evident the best time to ask is when you're already in the act of paying for something - that's the most likely time to get a donation.
Each to their own, but seems an odd thing for you and Sheff to get annoyed about! (on board with the Ticketmaster fees though!)

Bare bones.

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:58 - Aug 5 with 847 viewsthehat

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:25 - Aug 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

Just had another look and with the 2,500 Millwall fans I reckon we should get over 16,000 so perhaps not to bad considering........

A cracking London derby to whet the appetite and as we know 16k plus in Loftus Road can really generate a cracking atmosphere so lets get the place rocking!!
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 12:15 - Aug 5 with 809 viewsSheffieldHoop

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:54 - Aug 5 by Antti_Heinola

seems self-evident the best time to ask is when you're already in the act of paying for something - that's the most likely time to get a donation.
Each to their own, but seems an odd thing for you and Sheff to get annoyed about! (on board with the Ticketmaster fees though!)

Have already said I'd be much happier paying the BF if the BF included a trust donation. It's not about being annoyed at being asked, or even forced, to donate to QPR in the Community. Happy to.

It's about being annoyed with the booking fees. Sometimes it is a £3.50 booking fee on a £15 ticket, knocking on for a 25% increase on the cost. It's just unacceptable. Then your transaction errors because you forgot to specify if you want to donate.

Make it less shit, that's all we ask

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024