Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... 13:16 - Aug 2 with 14399 viewsthehat

Still loads and loads of tickets for the Millwall game which is a real shame.

I was disappointed with the crowd on Saturday too, playing a Champions League Team at home with the best squad we have had in years and tickets at very sensible prices and thousands and thousands of empty seats.

It's got me thinking as to why......

Our support base is ageing just look around you at matches when I was a lad watching in the eighties and nineties from the terraces in the Loft or Paddock there used to be loads of groups of young lads (17 - 25 year olds) from all the local areas Hayes, Greenford, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Uxbridge etc all there for day out. You just don't see that anymore maybe there are better things to do nowadays better cinemas, better bowling alleys, better shopping centres, better gyms etc that give this age group more options but what I do know is that as more of us oldies head of to that "great gig in the sky" we are not being replaced as quickly by the younger generation.

The floating football supporter who is probably not a big QPR fan but likes to watch a game every so often: are they being tempted away by better offers at Brentford, Fulham or Watford.

Habit - I know loads and loads of QPR fans who don't go anymore and have just lost the habit and do other stuff now.

Location - Has our traditional West London fanbase moved much further out and travel has become much more of a challenge. Our ground is in one of the most diverse parts of the country and I don't think our fanbase represents that as much as it should. Does the club need to be doing more here??

And last but not least of course the Pandemic we don't yet know what effect that will have on our crowds but I'm sure it won't be a positive one.

We took the best part of 45k to Wembley so we know they are out there maybe its time for the hardcore of around 8k to re-engage with the dormant fans and encourage them back W12.

This season could be special and we want the place rocking -The Board have done their bit now lets do ours - Nothing like a packed Loftus Road!!

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 19:15 - Aug 3 with 2085 views80s_Boy

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 18:33 - Aug 3 by Rog

Just being devil's advocate but which other companies are running call centres and ticketing systems free of charge?

I'm not sure who they're using but when I buy theatre tickets I don't always have to pay a ticket fee.

You certainly don't with The National Theatre and their turnover is a lot less than ours including their subsidies.

It's a choice QPR have made.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 19:34 - Aug 3 with 2021 viewsRog

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 19:15 - Aug 3 by 80s_Boy

I'm not sure who they're using but when I buy theatre tickets I don't always have to pay a ticket fee.

You certainly don't with The National Theatre and their turnover is a lot less than ours including their subsidies.

That's because some of them are funding the ticket systems and people in the price of the ticket. The cost is always there it's just not always shown. QPR could hide it just the same by raising ticket prices to cover it.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 19:41 - Aug 3 with 1997 viewsMick_S

I’ve just had a look at the seat map availability, and there do not seem to be that many left.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 20:13 - Aug 3 with 1954 viewsDWQPR

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 19:41 - Aug 3 by Mick_S

I’ve just had a look at the seat map availability, and there do not seem to be that many left.

Unless they haven’t released the restricted view tickets and they don’t show on the online ticket thing then to me it looks like there is less than a couple of thousand tickets left. Ellerslie Road looks all but sold out apart from a small pocket of tickets, paddock close to a sell out and even the upper SAR looks well sold.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 20:58 - Aug 3 with 1900 viewsBuzsakyIsGod

So I originally lived in hemel Hempstead and milton keynes so it was easy to get to games with a direct train to the bush. I now live in ipswich and trains are so expensive especially since the pandemic and it's not just that cost it costs around 150 quid for a day out to the football.

Now also due to covid I have to travel to liverpool street and then tube it to the bush. It's just too risky still at the moment especially with my asthma
I am a qualified nurse in the nhs so trying to stay well to do my job.

Football has really gone down in my priorities since the pandemic.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 21:34 - Aug 3 with 1835 viewsLythamR

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 17:20 - Aug 3 by 80s_Boy

The fans have been moaning about it for years which means there have been times where the club has signed new contracts with Ticketmaster rather than opt for companies who don't use such a system....

The club are far from innocent in all this.

Nobody provides these systems like ticketmaster free of charge, the alternative would be choose another service provider or have a bespoke system developed which would incur a significant cost and ongoing maintenance.

Its quite possible that the club has a competitive deal with Ticketmaster through the historic Nick Blackburn connection so I am not surpised that we are still with then. Ticketmasters infrastructure is significant and even then it sometimes struggles with big demand such as play offs etc. imagine the carnage if the club developed its own system or gave the contract to someone "exciting and innovative" like recast!

In terms of the booking fee, it has to stay regardless of the provider or the club has to swallow it either by reducing their profitability or building it into the next price increases.

it does stick in my craw though that i cant buy away tickets for three or 4 matches for one booking fee rather than individually or in rare instances 2 together
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 21:43 - Aug 3 with 1814 viewsGloryHunter

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 20:58 - Aug 3 by BuzsakyIsGod

So I originally lived in hemel Hempstead and milton keynes so it was easy to get to games with a direct train to the bush. I now live in ipswich and trains are so expensive especially since the pandemic and it's not just that cost it costs around 150 quid for a day out to the football.

Now also due to covid I have to travel to liverpool street and then tube it to the bush. It's just too risky still at the moment especially with my asthma

Mate, I used to do that journey, only starting from Darsham or Halesworth on the East Suffolk line, and changing at Ipswich. Shocking that you can be only 100 miles from London and it takes two to three hours each way on public transport. Never mind the billions spent on HS2 - why not upgrade the existing century-old railway system instead? (I gave up and moved back to London, btw).
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 21:48 - Aug 3 with 1806 viewsDubaiR

I live in Gloucester now and never bother with the train. Its very expensive, takes forever and rarely get a seat. I tend to drive for home games but it does spoil the day out with mates. They all enjoy the pub pre and post match, Also the streaming will have taken fans away. Last season I could spend day with family having worked all week. 14:50 set up laptop have a beer and be back with family 16:55, not the same but easier.
Login to get fewer ads

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 21:50 - Aug 3 with 1803 viewsDubaiR

I am going Saturday to meet mates and Dad over from France for the game. Will leave home 9.30 and get back 19.30 is. Long day having travelled all week and the Mrs isn't very pleased
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:23 - Aug 4 with 1539 viewsterryb

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 20:58 - Aug 3 by BuzsakyIsGod

Welcome to our band of Rangers living in or close to Ipswich. There are more of us than most people would imagine. I even started close to you in Chesham!

The cost of the trains is excessive, but thankfully for me I have a Senior Railcard that reduces it by a third. At present I will be arriving in London earlier than in the past as the 11.00am train has not been restored to the timetable yet & the return train at 18.02 will be fullish as the 18.00 inter city is not there. This train will have many R's on it getting off at Chelmsford, Colchester & Ipswich.

I've not checked it yet, but pre Covid the cheapest tickets were day return from Ipswich to Colchester & then a one day London travel card from Colchester.

Hope to see you when you feel able to travel to the Bush again.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:31 - Aug 4 with 1517 views80s_Boy

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:23 - Aug 4 by terryb

Welcome to our band of Rangers living in or close to Ipswich. There are more of us than most people would imagine. I even started close to you in Chesham!

The cost of the trains is excessive, but thankfully for me I have a Senior Railcard that reduces it by a third. At present I will be arriving in London earlier than in the past as the 11.00am train has not been restored to the timetable yet & the return train at 18.02 will be fullish as the 18.00 inter city is not there. This train will have many R's on it getting off at Chelmsford, Colchester & Ipswich.

I've not checked it yet, but pre Covid the cheapest tickets were day return from Ipswich to Colchester & then a one day London travel card from Colchester.

"There are more of us than most people would imagine.'

My memory is playing up and I can't remember his name, but one of the old LSA fellahs used to own a pub in Manningtree. Sure a few used to drop in on the way home from matches at Portman Road.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:42 - Aug 4 with 1494 viewsstowmarketrange

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:23 - Aug 4 by terryb

Hello mate.I’m on the slightly later train from stowmarket on Saturday,which gets in just before 1pm.If the weather is nice I’ll be getting to tube to Oxford Circus and walk in from there.Obviously I might want to get there a bit earlier,so the walk might be from a couple of stops nearer.
I’m on a later home than normal as I might hang around and have a swift couple in the away dressing room,aka as the blue and white club.
You’re right about the train fares,as when I moved up here it used to be about £11 return from manningtree.God knows how much it is now,but the oap card comes in handy,as does taking a chance and booking early.

You’re also right about the number of R’s up here.It’s just a shame that we seem to be spread over a big area,or we could all get together for Sky games.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:51 - Aug 4 with 1478 viewsterryb

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:42 - Aug 4 by stowmarketrange

Hello mate.I’m on the slightly later train from stowmarket on Saturday,which gets in just before 1pm.If the weather is nice I’ll be getting to tube to Oxford Circus and walk in from there.Obviously I might want to get there a bit earlier,so the walk might be from a couple of stops nearer.
I’m on a later home than normal as I might hang around and have a swift couple in the away dressing room,aka as the blue and white club.
You’re right about the train fares,as when I moved up here it used to be about £11 return from manningtree.God knows how much it is now,but the oap card comes in handy,as does taking a chance and booking early.

You’re also right about the number of R’s up here.It’s just a shame that we seem to be spread over a big area,or we could all get together for Sky games.

Enjoy the day stowmarket.

I will be in the Bush by 1.00pm to meet up with friends I've not see since the end of February last year. We might have to leave the pub a bit earlier than normal to avoid putting the digital ticket system to the test. The others will be OK, it's just me I'm concerned will have problems!

It will also be quite moving honouring our supporters who have died since the start of March last year.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:04 - Aug 4 with 1450 viewsstowmarketrange

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 10:51 - Aug 4 by terryb

Enjoy the day stowmarket.

I will be in the Bush by 1.00pm to meet up with friends I've not see since the end of February last year. We might have to leave the pub a bit earlier than normal to avoid putting the digital ticket system to the test. The others will be OK, it's just me I'm concerned will have problems!

It will also be quite moving honouring our supporters who have died since the start of March last year.

Me too mate.I asked for non digital season tickets,but when I phoned them on Monday they said I couldn’t use last years card because I’m now classed as an adult again rather than an oap,so I get paper tickets for Saturday and a new card in time for barnsley.Which means a trip to the box office before the game.
That Birmingham game on Feb 29th seems so long ago now.
And it will be good to pay our respects to those we’ve lost over the last 17 months.I would prefer a minute’s silence,but I suspect it might be ruined,so applause might be best.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:07 - Aug 4 with 1449 viewsBoston

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 21:43 - Aug 3 by GloryHunter

Mate, I used to do that journey, only starting from Darsham or Halesworth on the East Suffolk line, and changing at Ipswich. Shocking that you can be only 100 miles from London and it takes two to three hours each way on public transport. Never mind the billions spent on HS2 - why not upgrade the existing century-old railway system instead? (I gave up and moved back to London, btw).

Think that he, may well be a she.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:09 - Aug 4 with 1442 viewsrobith

The fans have been moaning about it for years which means there have been times where the club has signed new contracts with Ticketmaster rather than opt for companies who don't use such a system....

Companies famously work for free
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:10 - Aug 4 with 1436 viewsrobith

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 19:15 - Aug 3 by 80s_Boy

Theatres are literally the only places that don't charge booking fees and that's because of the huge volume the companies need them (and have a nice sideline in secondary tickets)
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:15 - Aug 4 with 1426 viewsBoston

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 08:35 - Aug 3 by knocker

And some of their little arseholes are spouting on their forum about taking over the White Horse on Saturday.

Going on their ‘form’, that would indicate the target is not the White Horse, if they have intention of serious trouble that is. Their real problem followers don’t tend to advertise.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 12:12 - Aug 4 with 1366 views80s_Boy

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:10 - Aug 4 by robith

Theatres are literally the only places that don't charge booking fees and that's because of the huge volume the companies need them (and have a nice sideline in secondary tickets)

There is no authorised secondary ticket sales at The National or most theatres.

Fulham don't charge booking fees and Brentford are cheaper than ours (though still £2.50)...The decision to stay with Ticketmaster despite concerns raised by fans for a number of years is appalling to be honest.

Fulham may, it is possible, be absorbing costs into ticket prices or as a club, though it isn't clear. However, it is obvious that there are cheaper companies out there and we should have switched to one a long, long time ago.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 12:15]
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 12:34 - Aug 4 with 1311 viewsSheffieldHoop

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 12:12 - Aug 4 by 80s_Boy

There is no authorised secondary ticket sales at The National or most theatres.

Fulham don't charge booking fees and Brentford are cheaper than ours (though still £2.50)...The decision to stay with Ticketmaster despite concerns raised by fans for a number of years is appalling to be honest.

Fulham may, it is possible, be absorbing costs into ticket prices or as a club, though it isn't clear. However, it is obvious that there are cheaper companies out there and we should have switched to one a long, long time ago.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 12:15]

Hardly anywhere charges booking fees as high as QPR. Particularly annoying when you only need 1 ticket.

EDIT - I've spent 10.50 on QPR booking fees alone in the last 3 weeks, and that doesn't include my ST renewal
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 18:08]

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 13:25 - Aug 4 with 1204 viewsStanisgod

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 11:04 - Aug 4 by stowmarketrange

Me too mate.I asked for non digital season tickets,but when I phoned them on Monday they said I couldn’t use last years card because I’m now classed as an adult again rather than an oap,so I get paper tickets for Saturday and a new card in time for barnsley.Which means a trip to the box office before the game.
That Birmingham game on Feb 29th seems so long ago now.
And it will be good to pay our respects to those we’ve lost over the last 17 months.I would prefer a minute’s silence,but I suspect it might be ruined,so applause might be best.

Can i ask why you are classed as an adult rather than an oap?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 14:04 - Aug 4 with 1120 viewsstowmarketrange

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 13:25 - Aug 4 by Stanisgod

Can i ask why you are classed as an adult rather than an oap?

I am 60 and the age for oap tickets has risen to 61 in August,and I’m not 61 until September.Therefore it’s back to full price until next season.My brother is 14 months older than me and pays the oap rate,but he only reminds me about it once a day that he’s paying £190 less than me.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 09:40 - Aug 5 with 874 viewsfrancisbowles

So which company is going to do it for nothing?
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 09:47 - Aug 5 with 854 viewsToast_R

Anyone know, can you book tickets for Lower Loft family stand for two (1 adult & 1 child) and if say my son decides he doesn't want to go on the day (he's only 6 so sometimes he wants to come and other times not) can I still get in alone?
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 09:56 - Aug 5 with 820 viewsSheffieldHoop

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 09:40 - Aug 5 by francisbowles

So which company is going to do it for nothing?

I'm aware of 2 not-for-profit ticket agencies in the UK, but granted they're probably not appropriate for QPR.

Still, it shows that it's not impossible, and actually rather than asking us for an additional donation to the QPR trust, why not take a % of the booking fee? Would at least make the 3.50 more palatable.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024