Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair’s goal 00:30 - Aug 22 with 5700 viewsLeedsR

Cracking finish from a tight angle. Thought he did really well in the build up - but - was he offside? I was happy that the lino didn’t call this one, from where I was in RBlock and I don’t recall them even mentioning the possibility on the Quest highlights. My Barnsley supporting mate says he was off. Can anyone confirm? (Not that I’m bothered too much, as it counted, but you know!)
Chair’s goal on 03:22 - Aug 23 with 1345 viewsbob566

Chair’s goal on 12:59 - Aug 22 by Antti_Heinola

Both Chair's and Barnsley's first were very marginal - but I have no complaints about either. Couldn't give a fk about marginal offsides. Neither player got an advantage from it, so play on.
People saying one was def off, the other wasn't, I mean, there's no way on earth you can tell from the footage, nothing is in line. It's guesswork. Happy both stood. Chair's was an absolute beauty, perplexed by people saying he was quiet yesterday, thought he was our bright spark first half and very good overall.

Sorry antti. Youre a great poster but i cant agree. Nobody in a qpr shirt was a bright spark that first half. The only spark was warbs having the cahunes on 35 mins to admit he got it wrong.
Chair’s goal on 07:30 - Aug 23 with 1255 viewstraininvain

Chair’s goal on 19:57 - Aug 22 by T_Block

Just looked on highlights Barnsley first goal is very very offside.Please look and Kakay is 3m further up the pitch there is no way Kakay can play him on.The Barnsley forward is a good 3m offside,
Check on highlights

Watched on Sky with the benefit of multiple replays and Kakay clearly played the Barnsley forward onside. He tried to push up but was far too late.
Chair’s goal on 19:52 - Aug 23 with 1145 viewsqprphil

Chair’s goal on 07:30 - Aug 23 by traininvain

Watched on Sky with the benefit of multiple replays and Kakay clearly played the Barnsley forward onside. He tried to push up but was far too late.

Kakay was clearly ball watching. I'm impressed with Chair, makes so much difference to the side. Just love the way he takes on defenders.
Chair’s goal on 08:45 - Aug 24 with 1025 viewstkqpr

Obviously very pleased with Chairs goal, got us back into the match with that, nailed it from an acute angle up high as well.

My point is, there was such an easier square pass for Dom Ball to tap in which was much more the safer bet. Luckily it came off but chances are it wont more times than it will and that could be a critcism of Chair, great player yes, but sometimes does too much on his own when a quicker easier ball is an option. Reminded me a BOS who would always take it to the byline and shoot from such an acute angle rather than square pass or a pull back to a team mate.

i dont want to be critical, but if that didnt go in then we would all be slating him for not squaring it for a Ball tap in and i doubt we would of resuced a point then.
Chair’s goal on 09:20 - Aug 24 with 970 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair’s goal on 08:45 - Aug 24 by tkqpr

Obviously very pleased with Chairs goal, got us back into the match with that, nailed it from an acute angle up high as well.

My point is, there was such an easier square pass for Dom Ball to tap in which was much more the safer bet. Luckily it came off but chances are it wont more times than it will and that could be a critcism of Chair, great player yes, but sometimes does too much on his own when a quicker easier ball is an option. Reminded me a BOS who would always take it to the byline and shoot from such an acute angle rather than square pass or a pull back to a team mate.

i dont want to be critical, but if that didnt go in then we would all be slating him for not squaring it for a Ball tap in and i doubt we would of resuced a point then.

It's a very good point, might'nt be popular amongst a lot of our fans but why I think Chair's ceiling will always be a Luke Freeman type £5m as opposed to say a Willock who I could see being £10m+ or Eze's £20m level - plays with his head down so didn't see Ball - but it does mean he'll be our player for longer which is great as works very hard, superb control + ball retention in and around the area - just this season needs to contribute more goals + assists - and regardless of Barney's defenders making his mind up for him - was a great finish.
Chair’s goal on 09:34 - Aug 24 with 961 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

He’s not a selfish player by a long stretch. I reckon he was just very kean to get off the mark for the season. If he’d missed and we’d lost, he could and should have been criticised. He didn’t and we didn’t.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Chair’s goal on 10:10 - Aug 24 with 917 viewsTacticalR

Chair’s goal on 08:45 - Aug 24 by tkqpr

As a general rule I agree with what you're saying. In fact I made a similar point back in April after we beat Coventry 3-0:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/270686/chair/#pos

However in this case you have to look at the context. We had been coshed by Barnsley and needed something special to score a goal and get us back in the game. In those situations you sometimes need someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck and do something different.

Air hostess clique

Chair’s goal on 11:34 - Aug 24 with 856 viewsdmm

If it had been Austin who scored the goal I don't think it would have been questioned in the way Chair has been. 'Strikers are naturally selfish' is the common view. Well, I think a player like Chair has to be too sometimes.
Login to get fewer ads

Chair’s goal on 12:55 - Aug 24 with 808 viewsderbyhoop

It wasn't. Kakay played him onside.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Chair’s goal on 14:15 - Aug 24 with 749 viewsPinnerPaul

Chair’s goal on 20:16 - Aug 22 by distortR

I wouldn't be at all embarrassed, the great Andy Sinton said on comms - "There was a suspicion of offside on that one"
Chair’s goal on 14:35 - Aug 24 with 729 viewsLancashirehoop

Similar to Stan back in the day, but Stan went low near post

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024