Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Box Office & Online Ticketing 10:41 - Aug 23 with 4012 viewsToast_R

I'm having major problems with it this season.

I just cannot buy tickets online, their online website will not authenticate any of my payment cards for no reason.

I note the website says this...

"Due to the new PSD2 security regulations and to avoid payment failure, please ensure your account information is correct and your address and contact details match those registered to your card"

I have made sure all my QPR Ticketing account details are up to date (Nothing has changed for 9 years) and yet the problem still persist. This happened when I tried to buy my membership, when I bought Man Utd tickets and today when I'm trying to buy Oxford Utd tickets. I end up calling the box office who take my payment card details over the phone and the transaction goes through no problem.

Today however there is a queue on the box-office line, 11 in the queue, get down to 8 and then its starts ringing before telling me they're busy and to call back later before the line hangs up on me. Really p*ssing me off as I'm trying to do this at work. Thats three of us that won't be going tomorrow not for the want of trying.

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 11:06 - Aug 23 with 3951 viewsDavieQPR

My online payment for tickets went through but wasn't confirmed and then just disappeared. Had to re booked by phone and have to wait for bank statement to see if I have paid twice. It seems it is not just us having problems so it must be Ticketmaster. It's like charging you £3.50 for a headache.
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 11:30 - Aug 23 with 3916 viewsLythamR

lots of organisations are having issues getting ready for the PSD2 compliance date, its been pushed back a couple of times but the final looming date is mid september. in many instances its out of the primary organisations hands to resolve so frustrating as it is we have to try and be as patient as we can be with the box office staff in particular as they will be having a complete "Mare" at the moment and will be even more frustrated than we are.
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 12:37 - Aug 23 with 3842 viewsStanisgod

Be interesting v Oxford as my son booked tickets on line for us. Hes got a digital ticket but mine should be on my season ticket card.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 16:22 - Aug 23 with 3694 viewsToast_R

Been trying all day to buy 3 tickets for Oxford tomorrow night. All I get is this message when I put my card details in.

Please complete all required fields and ensure method(s) of payment covers Total amount
There has been a problem with authenticating your details with your bank, please check your card details and your account information and try again.

Phone the box office, get 12 waiting - get to about No8 in the queue, then it hangs up. An utter shambles. WTF?
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 12:43 - Aug 24 with 3511 viewsToast_R

Bit of feedback on this issue.

I sent an email to the Box-office yesterday about my problem buying tickets online and couldn't get through on the phone etc.

They unexpectedly called me back this lunchtime, apologised about what he called an IT glitch with the system and asked me to send a screenshot of the error message I keep getting when my payment fails, so they can look into it. He then asked if I still wanted tickets for tonight to which I said yes (had resigned my self to f*cking it off in all honesty) and we booked the three tickets I wanted and he waved the booking fee.

Very happy with that. The Box Office came good for me.
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 09:18 - Sep 15 with 2817 viewsToast_R

Another slight discrepancy this week. Phoned them up Monday to see if I could exchange tickets for the postponed Hudders match to this Saturdays Stoke match. (Hudders now likely to be a mid week match and that's no good for my 7 year old son).

"No, we have to refund you and then you can buy new tickets..." Fair enough.

Anyway, checked my bank statement today, refunded £28 and charged £33.50 for the Stoke tickets - exact same seats. An extra £5.50... how's that working out then?

Does anyone know, if you buy tickets for multiple games, do you pay the booking fee for each fixture or just one booking fee considering they're doing the lot in one transaction?
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 10:36 - Sep 15 with 2732 viewstoboboly

I may be wrong but believe it is per transaction

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 10:49 - Sep 15 with 2703 viewsQPR_Hibs

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 09:18 - Sep 15 by Toast_R

Another slight discrepancy this week. Phoned them up Monday to see if I could exchange tickets for the postponed Hudders match to this Saturdays Stoke match. (Hudders now likely to be a mid week match and that's no good for my 7 year old son).

"No, we have to refund you and then you can buy new tickets..." Fair enough.

Anyway, checked my bank statement today, refunded £28 and charged £33.50 for the Stoke tickets - exact same seats. An extra £5.50... how's that working out then?

Does anyone know, if you buy tickets for multiple games, do you pay the booking fee for each fixture or just one booking fee considering they're doing the lot in one transaction?

I would guess that they have refunded you £28 as a Silver seat member's price and have charged you £30 as a Silver seat non-members price (in error) and added the dreaded £3.50

The £3.50 that you would have already paid for the Hudds game is also not refunded so, in effect, you have paid £37 for this game. It better be a good one.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Login to get fewer ads

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 11:50 - Sep 15 with 2603 viewsToast_R

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 10:49 - Sep 15 by QPR_Hibs

I would guess that they have refunded you £28 as a Silver seat member's price and have charged you £30 as a Silver seat non-members price (in error) and added the dreaded £3.50

The £3.50 that you would have already paid for the Hudds game is also not refunded so, in effect, you have paid £37 for this game. It better be a good one.

Good response and I make you right.

Now, I purchased the Huddersfiedl tickets with Reading tickets and paid £71.50 which included £28 members ticket, £30 full price adult for Reading and a £10 ticket for Reading (special offer) with booking fee.

Now I've ended up paying £79.00 and getting the same shit. I've been done up like a kipper and it's like being mugged by your own mother.
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 16:12 - Sep 6 with 1893 viewsToast_R

Apologies for being a dumbass but I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here...

I want to buy 4 tickets for Sunderland at home in the family stand for - 2 Adults and 2 Under 18s

I'm selecting - Adult Family 2 Adult plus 2 Junior £18.25 for 2 of the tickets
- Junior U18s £16.00 for the other 2

But the site won't let me buy it saying - Restrictions Apply
The Lower Loft area of the stadium is the Family Stand. The system will not let you purchase in this area unless you have a Junior U18, Young Adult 18-21 or Kids Under 8 ticket in your basket.,(Uncovered area)

I'm totally confused.
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 16:32 - Sep 6 with 1818 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 16:12 - Sep 6 by Toast_R

Apologies for being a dumbass but I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here...

I want to buy 4 tickets for Sunderland at home in the family stand for - 2 Adults and 2 Under 18s

The Lower Loft area of the stadium is the Family Stand. The system will not let you purchase in this area unless you have a Junior U18, Young Adult 18-21 or Kids Under 8 ticket in your basket.,(Uncovered area)

I'm totally confused.

Are those on general release yet?
Clutching at straws here but I can't think what else it could be.
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 16:44 - Sep 6 with 1800 viewsToast_R

They defo are. I've got the seats I want in the basket but just keeps giving me that message after I acknowledge the conditions.

I just give up.
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 17:06 - Sep 6 with 1747 viewsterryb

Probably a stupid question, but are you a member?

I don't think you can buy tickets for The Loft if you're not.
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 17:10 - Sep 6 with 1729 viewsStevenageRanger

I have had this before.

I added a single U8 (which is free) it went through. I then emailed club and told them to cancel the U8 due to the 'issue'. To be fair, they said they were thankful I emailed to let them know!!! The U8 can be anywhere (doesnt need to be near the seats you are buying)
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 18:02 - Sep 6 with 1672 viewsthame_hoops

Loved PSD2 in Star Wars

My Starbucks app won’t allow me to top up with a debit card because of this, same as the Esso petrol and chiltern railways app. Annoying
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 19:06 - Sep 6 with 1566 viewsToast_R

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 17:06 - Sep 6 by terryb

Probably a stupid question, but are you a member?

I don't think you can buy tickets for The Loft if you're not.

I haven't renewed my Membership this year but I always thought that only applied to the upper Loft section? Anyhow, if that's the case, it really should say that!
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 20:23 - Sep 6 with 1504 viewsterryb

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 19:06 - Sep 6 by Toast_R

I haven't renewed my Membership this year but I always thought that only applied to the upper Loft section? Anyhow, if that's the case, it really should say that!

I would agree with you that it should say that.

DaveB & other Lower Loft users would definitely know, but I'm fairly sure it applies to Upper & Lower Loft.
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 20:45 - Sep 6 with 1480 viewsStevenageRanger

Yes pretty certain you have to be a member.
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 21:44 - Sep 6 with 1418 viewswombat

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 20:45 - Sep 6 by StevenageRanger

Yes pretty certain you have to be a member.

Defo membership needed for lower loft and they was insisting that u had a junior as well in previous seasons , not sure if this is still the case though

Poll: which is your favouite foot

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 09:14 - Sep 7 with 1241 viewsdaveB

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 16:12 - Sep 6 by Toast_R

I'm totally confused.

not the answer you want but you have no hope buying tickets for the lower loft on the website, I can't renew my season ticket or buy cup tickets on there always says you need a junior ticket despite me trying to buy one. Only way you can get a ticket for the lower loft is ringing the box office or going down there.

the under 8 ticket above is a good idea though, that may well work i haven't tried that
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 9:15]
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 11:06 - Sep 7 with 1156 viewsToast_R

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 09:14 - Sep 7 by daveB

not the answer you want but you have no hope buying tickets for the lower loft on the website, I can't renew my season ticket or buy cup tickets on there always says you need a junior ticket despite me trying to buy one. Only way you can get a ticket for the lower loft is ringing the box office or going down there.

the under 8 ticket above is a good idea though, that may well work i haven't tried that
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 9:15]

Thanks Dave. What an absolute shower. It really is banging your head against a wall with this club, I absolutely despair.

What is your take on having to be a Member for family stand?
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 11:16 - Sep 7 with 1139 viewsLanhoop

My understanding is that you don't need to be a member to buy family stand tickets but you may need to show "proof of age" the first time you buy a child eligible ticket. I think buying the "family package" ticket online has trouble recognising who is the child and how old they are.

Phone the box office. As long as it's at a time that is not when tickets have just been released they usually answer quickly and are always super helpful.
The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 12:43 - Sep 7 with 1063 viewsdaveB

The Box Office & Online Ticketing on 11:06 - Sep 7 by Toast_R

Thanks Dave. What an absolute shower. It really is banging your head against a wall with this club, I absolutely despair.

What is your take on having to be a Member for family stand?

I think that's right you have to be a member as well, it's a coding problem I think they have set it up to stop you buying just adult tickets but I don't think they have put in all the age groups you can get one for so you just go round in circles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024