Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Gray inbound 11:18 - Aug 30 with 42497 viewsJames_Paddocks

Having a medical this morning, according to the wonderful world of QPR Twitter...

Watford fans seem delighted to see the back of him.

I'll trust Warbs, Les and Lee though.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 11:54]
Andre Gray inbound on 16:15 - Sep 3 with 1131 viewsDylanP

Two totally separate and unrelated points:

1. I also grew up surrounded by Jamaican culture (I grew up in NW London) and it didn’t turn me into a bigot. For that matter, none of my Jamaican friends are bigots either. It’s no excuse for being a twxt – don’t pretend it is.

2. It’s great business to bring in another striker. We are certainly thin at that position over a long and packed season. Gray is probably 4th in line, right. I can’t see him displacing Charlie or Lyndon, given how they just keep scoring. He also probably has to wait in line behind Kelman seeing how high people seem to be on him (although maybe he got loaned out and I’m forgetting). Having said that, the games come thick and fast and we definitely are going to need stand-ins and injury replacements, etc.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Andre Gray inbound on 16:18 - Sep 3 with 1118 viewsSharpy36

Kelman went to Gillingham and is miles behind the other three any way.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Andre Gray inbound on 16:44 - Sep 3 with 1035 viewsSheffieldHoop

Andre Gray inbound on 16:15 - Sep 3 by DylanP

Two totally separate and unrelated points:

1. I also grew up surrounded by Jamaican culture (I grew up in NW London) and it didn’t turn me into a bigot. For that matter, none of my Jamaican friends are bigots either. It’s no excuse for being a twxt – don’t pretend it is.

2. It’s great business to bring in another striker. We are certainly thin at that position over a long and packed season. Gray is probably 4th in line, right. I can’t see him displacing Charlie or Lyndon, given how they just keep scoring. He also probably has to wait in line behind Kelman seeing how high people seem to be on him (although maybe he got loaned out and I’m forgetting). Having said that, the games come thick and fast and we definitely are going to need stand-ins and injury replacements, etc.

Presumably, then, you're clued up about artists like Sizzla, Capleton, Vybz Kartel, etc. The kind of music released around the time Andre Gray was growing up. For example.

It's not even like these are underground tunes. These were, and still are, huge songs in Jamaican culture.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Andre Gray inbound on 17:46 - Sep 3 with 949 viewsdanehoop

Andre Gray inbound on 09:03 - Sep 3 by themodfather

another in a long line of players who have an impact, sign a huge deal and then drift about, nahki wells, hugill, ravel morrison, jordan rhodes come to mind jay bothroyd too....there;s no mney in staying at a club for a career, the agent gets more every time they move = cash. footballer for hire, have bentley and boots, willtravel.

I think that is a fair point and certainly we have been guilty of exactly that problem in the past. Think we have started to go beyond that now with the Warburton, Hoos and Ferdinand now working so much more closely together. We didn't chase Wells or or Hugill at any price and have clearly walked away from a number of deals that didn't fit our current circumstances.

As it is, every year over the past 3 years, the paybill has massively reduced and the quality of the playing squad has slowly improved. The loans last year genuinely changed the trajectory of the club and fit with what Warburton wanted. Given how well that has gone so far, I think it only fair to give Grey the benefit of the doubt and recognise that it gives the hi opportunity to show what he can do in a settled structure with a coach he knows and trusts. I think he will probably also really benefit from being in a smaller, but really good squad that will genuinely will want him to do well.

Never knowingly understood

Andre Gray inbound on 18:16 - Sep 3 with 898 viewsGroveR

Andre Gray inbound on 16:44 - Sep 3 by SheffieldHoop

Presumably, then, you're clued up about artists like Sizzla, Capleton, Vybz Kartel, etc. The kind of music released around the time Andre Gray was growing up. For example.

It's not even like these are underground tunes. These were, and still are, huge songs in Jamaican culture.

Not to mention Buju Banton, no relation to Pato Banton, who is actually Irish (Pat O'Banton).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024