Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Gray inbound 11:18 - Aug 30 with 42332 viewsJames_Paddocks

Having a medical this morning, according to the wonderful world of QPR Twitter...

Watford fans seem delighted to see the back of him.

I'll trust Warbs, Les and Lee though.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 11:54]
Andre Gray inbound on 13:05 - Aug 31 with 6097 viewsGloryHunter

Andre Gray inbound on 11:29 - Aug 31 by rsonist

https://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/andre-gray.58511/page-13#post-3044455
This has to be the worst signing not only the Pozzo's have ever made, but the club have ever made in it's entire history. Of course Success runs him close, and as a contributor, Success has been a lot worse than Gray, but what mitigates him is that the £13m we wasted stayed within the Pozzo empire. With Gray, it was £18.5 and a weekly haemorrhaging of £70k per week. That's £14.5m in wages, plus whatever sign-on and agent fee we paid. The entire package probably cost the club around £35m. Mind boggling.

[...]

Don't clubs bother scouting players anymore. His highlight reel with him in Watford colours must last all of 10 secs. Being a cr@p footballer is not a crime but his arrogant attitude and dreadful behaviour, especially during the pandemic, deserve him to be tossed into the nearest skip like a busted mattress. Good riddance.

[...]

https://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/watford-fc-1-2-qpr-01-02-2021.58029/page
Because for the entire time in the Prem we relied on:
Ighalo having a crazy purple patch or
Pereyra doing something amazing occasionally which meant even in games he didn't teams were so pre-occupied with him others managed to score or
GD doing something amazing on a regular basis resulting in goals and the pre-occupation alluded to above or
Richarlison starting off like a house on fire so even when he'd tailed off he was given excessive respect by other teams

At no time was there any evidence of a structured method of transition from defence into attack that could occur without flashes of mercurial genius. Once that mercurial tendency tails off, we had nothing else, really. It looks like most of the squad have forgotten HOW to attack.

If you read a few pages of this thread, there are quite a few Hornets fans who have come on to bid him good riddance, but also a smattering saying they're sorry to see him leave. A bit like us with Hugill, maybe. Posters on message boards are the more extreme ends of the general supporter base.
Andre Gray inbound on 13:24 - Aug 31 with 5913 viewsdanehoop

Speaking with hornets fan earlier today who reckons he is nippy and skilful, but not particularly consistent. Not great as a lone striker, but plays much better with big or creative players to work off of. Certainly didn't paint him as the worst player in the world, but reckons he needs a fresh start to get going again and would probably benefit from club like ours where there is a bit more consistency in style of management/style of play (our progress under Warballs hasn't gone unnoticed it seems).

Never knowingly understood

Andre Gray inbound on 13:27 - Aug 31 with 5887 viewsingeminate

Andre Gray inbound on 13:24 - Aug 31 by danehoop

Speaking with hornets fan earlier today who reckons he is nippy and skilful, but not particularly consistent. Not great as a lone striker, but plays much better with big or creative players to work off of. Certainly didn't paint him as the worst player in the world, but reckons he needs a fresh start to get going again and would probably benefit from club like ours where there is a bit more consistency in style of management/style of play (our progress under Warballs hasn't gone unnoticed it seems).

Live up North and sit next to a Burnely fan who has seen him play loads.

Says he needs two decent chances to score and his first touch isn't amazing, but is hard working, got an eye for a goal and is fast. Overall he thinks he's a great signing for us.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Andre Gray inbound on 13:28 - Aug 31 with 5883 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Andre Gray inbound on 11:43 - Aug 30 by kensalriser

He seems like a real bellend with some very unpleasant attitudes.

Although perhaps he's a reformed character now. Has two-week old twins.

Ned Kennedy not a fan of Twins it seems!

This is a concern for me too, not just as a wokey arsehole, but for the position it puts these guys in:

https://twitter.com/qprainbowranger

Here's hoping it was a embarrassing phase that is well in the past.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 13:29]
Andre Gray inbound on 14:33 - Aug 31 with 5442 viewsPinnerPaul

Andre Gray inbound on 19:15 - Aug 30 by Kensal_Ranger

Why would anyone, knowingly, buy an apple that's been labelled as 'Bad'?

Would take some doing to end a joyous run of games that we've just enjoyed but I think we might be about to achieve that.

Blimey - that is OTT.

Do the EFL deduct points if we sign a 'wrong un' now?
Andre Gray inbound on 14:53 - Aug 31 with 5277 viewsToast_R

Andre Gray inbound on 09:40 - Aug 31 by Maggsinho

Lots of what Watford fans think on here but how much do we trust what they think?

Odubajo was universally derided at Wednesday, Stoke were more than happy to see Cameron leave, massive shrug from Hull fans when De Wijs left, etc, etc...

Lots of Man United fans were saying how good Sean Goss was.
Andre Gray inbound on 15:06 - Aug 31 with 5200 viewsKensal_Ranger

Andre Gray inbound on 14:33 - Aug 31 by PinnerPaul

Blimey - that is OTT.

Ok, 2nd para poorly phrased, apols.
But from being absolutely chuffingly delighted with what's happened so far I'm now concerned we're about to hitch ourselves up with the wrong sort - hope I'm wrong and the club has this thing absolutely nailed.
Got everything crossed.
Andre Gray inbound on 15:12 - Aug 31 with 5146 viewsHAYESBOY

Andre Gray inbound on 14:33 - Aug 31 by PinnerPaul

Blimey - that is OTT.

As its QPR.......Yes.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Gray inbound on 16:04 - Aug 31 with 4815 viewsenfieldargh

Has he actually signed?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Andre Gray inbound on 16:06 - Aug 31 with 4782 viewsDavieQPR

Andre Gray inbound on 16:04 - Aug 31 by enfieldargh

Has he actually signed?

No.
Andre Gray inbound on 16:24 - Aug 31 with 4606 viewsterryb

For someone who was meant to have had their medical yesterday, this is taking a long time to be completed.
Andre Gray inbound on 16:27 - Aug 31 with 4565 viewsrsonist

Guy off the W12 podcast claims to have the inside line on this.

Andre Gray inbound on 16:50 - Aug 31 with 4351 viewsjoe90

I'm not enthusiastic about potentially signing Gray. If he does the business for us great, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of character we want at the club.
Andre Gray inbound on 17:36 - Aug 31 with 3992 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Andre Gray inbound on 16:24 - Aug 31 by terryb

For someone who was meant to have had their medical yesterday, this is taking a long time to be completed.

Covid test, probably won’t even get the results either.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Andre Gray inbound on 17:56 - Aug 31 with 3766 viewsnumptydumpty

Andre Gray inbound on 16:50 - Aug 31 by joe90

I'm not enthusiastic about potentially signing Gray. If he does the business for us great, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of character we want at the club.

He not even got here yet and you already against him and saying by your comment that you know more than Les and Warburton.

Warburton did well with him previously and some time ago Les whose position was centre forward wanted him. I think I will go with their judgement above yours Joe90 if that's ok. Think they may have bit more football knowledge than yourself.

It was not great for him at Watford but sometimes clubs and players just not work out.

Austins career was nosediving and took off from day one here.

Let's not be so negative before the event.

You weren't captain of the titanic in a previous life were you monsieur !!!

KEEP THE FAITH !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Andre Gray inbound on 18:24 - Aug 31 with 3491 viewsDorse

I am delighted or outraged about this signing or loan. He is going to destroy or enhance our team and will definitely may or may not be be the reason we go up or don't. I, for one, blame or applaud Warburton, Ferdinand, Belkin, Ramsay, Eustace or Connor in the box office.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 18:25]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Andre Gray inbound on 18:41 - Aug 31 with 3303 viewsgazza1

I think we need another striker for the squad, for sure - 100%.

Just not sure about Gray.........not adverse but unlike many posters I just don't know enough about him to make a sound judgement.
Andre Gray inbound on 18:48 - Aug 31 with 3233 viewsKensal_Ranger

Andre Gray inbound on 18:24 - Aug 31 by Dorse

I am delighted or outraged about this signing or loan. He is going to destroy or enhance our team and will definitely may or may not be be the reason we go up or don't. I, for one, blame or applaud Warburton, Ferdinand, Belkin, Ramsay, Eustace or Connor in the box office.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 18:25]

And I wish to associate myself with that sensible position.
Seconded!
Andre Gray inbound on 19:13 - Aug 31 with 2952 viewsPBLOCK

Mate of mine is a Luton fan and reckons he was dynamite for them

Yes he has made some ridiculously crass / offensive comments in his younger days. Yes he has a pop star girlfriend and Yes his scoring record at Watford is far from brilliant however ....

Watford paid nearly £20 mill for this guy 4 odd years ago. Up to that point his scoring record was good (take out Premier League very good)

Warburton has managed him before and to good effect. If it does come off let’s give the guy a chance he offers something that neither Lyndon or Austin do which is pace. It allows us to be flexible with formations when needed and if it all comes together then we probably have first refusal as we did with Charlie, Jordy , Stef and Field

Warburton has earned the right to ask for who he wants ( as long within budget) and if he thinks Gray will help us then I’m ok with that
Andre Gray inbound on 19:23 - Aug 31 with 2808 viewsMaggsinho

Andre Gray inbound on 19:28 - Aug 31 with 2726 viewsSheffieldHoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/features/gallery-andre-gray-is-a-ranger-310821/
Official
Good signing

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Andre Gray inbound on 19:36 - Aug 31 with 2621 viewsjoe90

Andre Gray inbound on 17:56 - Aug 31 by numptydumpty

He not even got here yet and you already against him and saying by your comment that you know more than Les and Warburton.

Warburton did well with him previously and some time ago Les whose position was centre forward wanted him. I think I will go with their judgement above yours Joe90 if that's ok. Think they may have bit more football knowledge than yourself.

It was not great for him at Watford but sometimes clubs and players just not work out.

Austins career was nosediving and took off from day one here.

Let's not be so negative before the event.

You weren't captain of the titanic in a previous life were you monsieur !!!

KEEP THE FAITH !!!!!

I stick by what I've said.
Andre Gray inbound on 19:44 - Aug 31 with 2492 viewsbakerloo8

I remember everyone coating off Stef Johansen when he signed for us based on a couple of dodgy youtube vids of him booting people up in the air.
Turns out hes prob our best midfielder since Wilkins.

Gray may or may not turn out to be a great signing, but we definitely need quality cover up top (Ishmael Miller) if we are going compete to go up.
I trust Warburton (knows Gray very well) and Ferdinands opinion in the case far more than a few money eggs on here.

Welcome Andre :)
Andre Gray inbound on 19:47 - Aug 31 with 2462 viewsdanehoop

well I dont like his beard. So its a no from me.

Never knowingly understood

Andre Gray inbound on 19:50 - Aug 31 with 2411 viewsQPR_Jim

Andre Gray inbound on 19:44 - Aug 31 by bakerloo8

I remember everyone coating off Stef Johansen when he signed for us based on a couple of dodgy youtube vids of him booting people up in the air.
Turns out hes prob our best midfielder since Wilkins.

Gray may or may not turn out to be a great signing, but we definitely need quality cover up top (Ishmael Miller) if we are going compete to go up.
I trust Warburton (knows Gray very well) and Ferdinands opinion in the case far more than a few money eggs on here.

Welcome Andre :)

I hope he does well for us and I'll take him at his word on apologising for his previous comments.

What I won't accept though, is people forgetting about Ale Faurlin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024