Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Dunne 23:41 - Sep 21 with 2400 viewsAntti_Heinola

Well, well, well. What have we here?

Enormously impressed with the mountain every time I see him. Massive, dominant, not slow, comfortable on the ball, clean in the tackle. I have no idea what Burnley were doing letting us nick him, but they're idiots, and whoever at the club scouted him deserves a jolly good pat on the back.

And then, as he realises he's going to have to take a pen, he starts loosening up, stretching. Then, as he walks up, every single person in the ground knew he was going to bastard that ball as hard as he could. And he did.

Well Dunne. Well Dunne.

Bare bones.

Well Dunne on 04:13 - Sep 22 with 2187 viewsnix

I was really impressed with him from his very first match. Got such good feet for a centre back, reads the game, has that extra bit of time on the ball that really good players have.

Plus backs himself enough to go down a league to get the experience from one club rather than being loaned out to all and sundry to really develop his game.

Excellent scouting but also further evidence that ball-playing players see a future with us in terms of exposure to the first team, coaching and style of play.
Well Dunne on 07:44 - Sep 22 with 1926 viewsWokingR

Well Dunne on 08:00 - Sep 22 with 1853 viewsdaveB

He was fantastic last night, looks a really good player
Well Dunne on 08:17 - Sep 22 with 1804 viewsdmm

We were wondering last night how long it will be before Dunne displaces de Wijs? Not that de Wijs is doing a bad job of it but Dunne looks like he's got a bit more to his game, and he will only get better.
Well Dunne on 08:17 - Sep 22 with 1803 viewslondonscottish

Well Dunne on 08:00 - Sep 22 by daveB

He was fantastic last night, looks a really good player

Looks like a slightly younger Dickie to me but faster. Great player already.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Well Dunne on 08:25 - Sep 22 with 1770 viewsstevec

I do like Dunne. There was no way he was going to miss that penalty.

We do lack a bit of steel at times, think he’ll soon be a starter.

Big up to Dom Ball too, looked quite comfortable in his surroundings last night.
Well Dunne on 09:18 - Sep 22 with 1581 viewsdannyblue

I was interested he took his pen with his right foot. I’d thought he was left footed. Teo footed centre back is a plus.
Well Dunne on 09:27 - Sep 22 with 1547 viewsdmm

Well Dunne on 09:18 - Sep 22 by dannyblue

I was interested he took his pen with his right foot. I’d thought he was left footed. Teo footed centre back is a plus.

Yep, good spot. I had been sure he was left-footed as in the past he's played a fair few games on the left and I've seen him stroking passes around with his left foot. It's a bonus he's comfortable in using both feet.
Login to get fewer ads

Well Dunne on 09:45 - Sep 22 with 1472 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dunne does complement Dickie so well, with that extra bit of mobility he has. I feel our defensive shape does still need tweaking, and if MW can get that right, along with the role of the wing backs, this season could be memorable.

As for Friday's team, it'll be interesting to see how Warbs responds. But, depending on the coaches' assessment of West Brom's shape, and though he might well draft in either Gray or Dykes, I wouldn't have a problem with going with yesterday's line-up, just slotting JoJo in for either Ball or Dozzell. For me, Dunne has done enough to earn a start, Uncle certainly has, and Charlie seems to be back in his sweet spot. 3-4-1-2 (according to the Beeb), with Willock playing off a cetnre forward, is what works for us, with Chair in the hole, and the wing backs using their nous to attack and/or tuck in as needed - the biggest part of the formation's challenge, as we've seen.

Well done the manager on treating the game seriously and playing a big part in the rewards we reaped. How refreshing is that after so many years of just rolling over and out of the cups!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Well Dunne on 09:57 - Sep 22 with 1404 viewsMrSheen

Well Dunne on 09:45 - Sep 22 by stainrods_elbow

Dunne does complement Dickie so well, with that extra bit of mobility he has. I feel our defensive shape does still need tweaking, and if MW can get that right, along with the role of the wing backs, this season could be memorable.

As for Friday's team, it'll be interesting to see how Warbs responds. But, depending on the coaches' assessment of West Brom's shape, and though he might well draft in either Gray or Dykes, I wouldn't have a problem with going with yesterday's line-up, just slotting JoJo in for either Ball or Dozzell. For me, Dunne has done enough to earn a start, Uncle certainly has, and Charlie seems to be back in his sweet spot. 3-4-1-2 (according to the Beeb), with Willock playing off a cetnre forward, is what works for us, with Chair in the hole, and the wing backs using their nous to attack and/or tuck in as needed - the biggest part of the formation's challenge, as we've seen.

Well done the manager on treating the game seriously and playing a big part in the rewards we reaped. How refreshing is that after so many years of just rolling over and out of the cups!

It was a good decision to put Kakay on and relieve Albert of wing-back duties. He looked completely gone on 70 minutes and we were in trouble on his side. Not sure he's up to another full 90 on Friday (though he put some terrific crosses in late even when he was gasping).
Well Dunne on 10:06 - Sep 22 with 1381 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The boy Dunne good.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Well Dunne on 12:57 - Sep 22 with 1086 viewsMyke

Well Dunne on 09:18 - Sep 22 by dannyblue

This discussion has being going on since he joined. His 'preferred' foot is his right, but he is obviously comfortable with both. With Dickie so comfortable on the ball, but often targeted for his pace, I wonder could he (Dickie) slot in behind Jo jo and let Dunne play right side of the three with a bit more pace?
Well Dunne on 13:19 - Sep 22 with 1026 viewsParkRoyalR

Well Dunne on 12:57 - Sep 22 by Myke

This discussion has being going on since he joined. His 'preferred' foot is his right, but he is obviously comfortable with both. With Dickie so comfortable on the ball, but often targeted for his pace, I wonder could he (Dickie) slot in behind Jo jo and let Dunne play right side of the three with a bit more pace?

Mentioned this before, others mentioned Dickie has more passing options when playing right side of 3, but with our RWB pushing on and not having a Willock or Chair (or Adomah outlet) outlet, when we do lose possession, Dickie is opened up to pace and it is a weak link (as at Bournemouth)

Dickie tends to be the go to man of the 3 to bring the ball up and I think Amos (or Field) in front could provide that pace we need in front of Dickie / and the CB's and lets SJ push further up and closer to Willock, Chair & Dykes.

Might not work but would be good to see Dickie in the middle of the 3 with Dunne on the right.
Well Dunne on 13:25 - Sep 22 with 1007 viewsLogman

Dunne was outstanding last night and you have to say that he is already as good as Dickie, de Wijs and Barbet. I have seen above that he is being touted to start ahead of de Wijs. However, although he is our favourite I would say Dickie could be the more susceptible due to his lack of pace. For me de Wijs looks better all round.
Well Dunne on 13:45 - Sep 22 with 951 viewsterryb

Hopefully McCallum will be OK for Friday, but if he isn't Dunne could replace Barbet on the left of the three & Barbet plays at left wing back.

The ability of our four central defenders appears incredible to me for a championship club.
Well Dunne on 13:46 - Sep 22 with 948 viewsnix

Well Dunne on 13:25 - Sep 22 by Logman

Dunne was outstanding last night and you have to say that he is already as good as Dickie, de Wijs and Barbet. I have seen above that he is being touted to start ahead of de Wijs. However, although he is our favourite I would say Dickie could be the more susceptible due to his lack of pace. For me de Wijs looks better all round.

Whatever Warbs decides it gives him options in terms of team formation, selection and rotation. This is great news.

I doubt if he'll be dropping anyone, just horses for courses, so selection for particular games whether we're playing teams with lots of pace up front and who are dangerous on the counter, or teams that sit back and where it's good to have the option of Dickie coming into midfield as an extra player.

I like the fact it makes us less predictable and gives us more options to change things off the bench.
Well Dunne on 13:49 - Sep 22 with 932 viewsstainrods_elbow

Well Dunne on 09:57 - Sep 22 by MrSheen

It was a good decision to put Kakay on and relieve Albert of wing-back duties. He looked completely gone on 70 minutes and we were in trouble on his side. Not sure he's up to another full 90 on Friday (though he put some terrific crosses in late even when he was gasping).

Kakay came on for McCallum, did he not? Otherwise, I think Unc would have been hard-pressed to score his (superb, indeed pick of the bunch) pen from the bench.

Edit - sorry, I think I misread your post, and you were just talking about Albert moving up.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 13:51]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024