Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quatar and F1 13:15 - Sep 30 with 1847 viewsRangersDave

So lets see if Lewis et al will protest, stay away etc huh?

My monies on them doing nothing!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Quatar and F1 on 13:50 - Sep 30 with 1760 viewsTheChef

"Money talks, and bullsh1t walks"

Bobbi Flekman

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Quatar and F1 on 14:01 - Sep 30 with 1741 viewsEsox_Lucius

Liberty would crucify any team or driver who breached a contract. Liberty are the ones the opprobrium should be directed at, along with FIFA.

The grass is always greener.

Quatar and F1 on 07:44 - Oct 1 with 1560 viewsPlanetHonneywood

When it eventually goes to a street race, it will be the safest and probably slowest driving on Qatari roads in years!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Quatar and F1 on 08:00 - Oct 1 with 1527 viewsstowmarketrange

Maybe we could fly in some climate change protesters to sit down on the track for a few hours?It would make a change of scenery from the M25.
Or is F1 exempt from protesting against despite the natural resources wasted flying cars and teams around the world every year?
Quatar and F1 on 10:06 - Oct 1 with 1427 viewsLazyFan

Interesting isn't it, despite Lewis being mega-rich and the worlds best driver probably ever at the end of the day he's just an employee.

Shows you how much power Big Business has, that even if you are the greatest ever and forever, you still get told what to do. They also know Lewis will want to win even more driver championships so, they use the intrinsic motivation to work against you.

Yes, bosses using your motivation to do hard work to then tell you how it should be done, even when you are the worlds number 1 expert of all time.

That's Big Business Stalinism for you!

zzzzzzzzzz

Quatar and F1 on 10:39 - Oct 1 with 1370 viewsBoston

Quatar and F1 on 10:06 - Oct 1 by LazyFan

Interesting isn't it, despite Lewis being mega-rich and the worlds best driver probably ever at the end of the day he's just an employee.

Shows you how much power Big Business has, that even if you are the greatest ever and forever, you still get told what to do. They also know Lewis will want to win even more driver championships so, they use the intrinsic motivation to work against you.

Yes, bosses using your motivation to do hard work to then tell you how it should be done, even when you are the worlds number 1 expert of all time.

That's Big Business Stalinism for you!

He willingly signed a contract.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Quatar and F1 on 10:50 - Oct 1 with 1356 viewskensalriser

Why should Hamilton in particular protest against F1 in Qatar?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Quatar and F1 on 10:55 - Oct 1 with 1346 viewswillis1980

Quatar and F1 on 10:50 - Oct 1 by kensalriser

Why should Hamilton in particular protest against F1 in Qatar?

my guess is were wading into "Gary Linkeker should take in some asylum seekers or hes a hypocrite" type territory
Login to get fewer ads

Quatar and F1 on 11:26 - Oct 1 with 1291 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Quatar and F1 on 10:55 - Oct 1 by willis1980

my guess is were wading into "Gary Linkeker should take in some asylum seekers or hes a hypocrite" type territory

Damned if you do; damned if you don't!

You can't always be making-a-point because if you did: You'd be pilloried for doing so; and people would just ignore you for bleating on-and-on again (see further Bono, the Coldplay bloke).

The second point is personal, if there is an issue you are passionate about, then it's ok if that is what you focus your energies on. Hamilton is focused on the issue of race and has waded in and done his bit on the issue.

Given the outstanding work Marcus Rashford has and is doing, he'll no doubt be ridiculed should if/when he lands at Hamad International Airport in November 2022, if he does not take a stand on: workers' rights; gay rights; womens' rights; the environmental concerns of the next WC; and frankly, animal rights for the many cats and dogs abandoned on the streets of Doha. Of course if he does, he'll be berated for doing so.

People who ridicule in such circumstances, should look at themselves and what they do to help others. Oftentimes, they probably don't do feck all and should probably shut the f..k up.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Quatar and F1 on 11:31 - Oct 1 with 1282 viewswillis1980

Quatar and F1 on 11:26 - Oct 1 by PlanetHonneywood

Damned if you do; damned if you don't!

You can't always be making-a-point because if you did: You'd be pilloried for doing so; and people would just ignore you for bleating on-and-on again (see further Bono, the Coldplay bloke).

The second point is personal, if there is an issue you are passionate about, then it's ok if that is what you focus your energies on. Hamilton is focused on the issue of race and has waded in and done his bit on the issue.

Given the outstanding work Marcus Rashford has and is doing, he'll no doubt be ridiculed should if/when he lands at Hamad International Airport in November 2022, if he does not take a stand on: workers' rights; gay rights; womens' rights; the environmental concerns of the next WC; and frankly, animal rights for the many cats and dogs abandoned on the streets of Doha. Of course if he does, he'll be berated for doing so.

People who ridicule in such circumstances, should look at themselves and what they do to help others. Oftentimes, they probably don't do feck all and should probably shut the f..k up.

of course its a great tactic to silence people. Rashford was frequently told to "stay out of politics and stick to football etc"
Quatar and F1 on 11:36 - Oct 1 with 1276 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Quatar and F1 on 11:31 - Oct 1 by willis1980

of course its a great tactic to silence people. Rashford was frequently told to "stay out of politics and stick to football etc"

And thankfully he did not. Utter legend in my book, and a credit to his mum, family, locality and frankly himself.

Shame we have a media that is probably itching in their britches for some bit of dirt.

Given the new Warb Order, he'd struggle to make the bench at QPR, but definitely worth a squad place in my humble...

Quatar and F1 on 14:02 - Oct 1 with 1124 viewsRangers67

My stance on this has always been that the English FA should boycott this world cup and the previous one in Russia on human rights issues alone. But thinking about it more, whilst we still have morons who abuse people because of the colour of their skin, we still have a situation where women cannot walk the streets at night in safety , and we still have people being trafficked into this country for slave labour etc etc and do nothing about it then we are on slightly dodgy ground. I accept we are not as bad as some countries and I still think we should boycott the next world cup. However whilst there is a trough full of money for those at the top of the FA and media companies they will have their snouts in it.
Quatar and F1 on 14:13 - Oct 1 with 1091 viewsstowmarketrange

Quatar and F1 on 14:02 - Oct 1 by Rangers67

My stance on this has always been that the English FA should boycott this world cup and the previous one in Russia on human rights issues alone. But thinking about it more, whilst we still have morons who abuse people because of the colour of their skin, we still have a situation where women cannot walk the streets at night in safety , and we still have people being trafficked into this country for slave labour etc etc and do nothing about it then we are on slightly dodgy ground. I accept we are not as bad as some countries and I still think we should boycott the next world cup. However whilst there is a trough full of money for those at the top of the FA and media companies they will have their snouts in it.

There is too much money involved for our greedy FA to boycott anything.
Quatar and F1 on 14:50 - Oct 1 with 1036 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Quatar and F1 on 14:02 - Oct 1 by Rangers67

Well now that I’m no longer working there on such issues, I can only say that there has and is palpably positive changes; which have been supported by the global trades unions.

It’s not perfect, but given Qatar will celebrate its 50th anniversary on December 18, it’s probably better to engage and encourage those changes, then it is to solely berate. Fact is: No country is perfect, but dismantling the kefala system is a huge step.

Change is best when it’s evolution not revolution and the real time to judge will be if Qatar falls back on the progress made. Seeing as they are eyeing up the 2036 Olympics plus there other plans, it wouldn’t be in their interest.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024