Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes' disallowed goal 18:31 - Oct 2 with 8418 viewsstainrods_elbow

Didn't look offside to me, but haven't seen it back, as the club video didn't seem to deal with it properly. Can anyone corroborate or critique the official decision?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Dykes' disallowed goal on 19:23 - Oct 3 with 2051 viewskensalriser

Dykes' disallowed goal on 18:26 - Oct 3 by LeedsR

That was exactly my thought too, when I saw that. I hate it. So easy to stamp out. Immediate booking for intentionally delaying the game - that would soon put a stop to it.

Almost never see a player even given a talking to for kicking the ball away unless it's particularly late and blatant. Another example of unsporting behaviour that's become ingrained because refs choose to ignore it - under guidance?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dykes' disallowed goal on 19:28 - Oct 3 with 2015 viewssevenhoop

don't forget the blatant penalty we should have had in the first half when their player had half an opposing shirt in his hand
Dykes' disallowed goal on 20:55 - Oct 3 with 1921 viewsdannyblue

Dykes' disallowed goal on 11:50 - Oct 3 by simmo

Sints on comms suggested offside but the replays show otherwise, a shame because as above it was a beauty.

On the other hand I think the Dickie clearance for our 3rd went out of play and there was a slight push in the back by Ball for our 2nd, so all is well in the end.

I also thought ball was offside when the free kick came in, but touched the ball on for dunne to finish. I was expecting this one to be flagged and didn’t celebrate.
Dykes' disallowed goal on 20:58 - Oct 3 with 1912 viewscaliforniahoop

Dykes' disallowed goal on 22:25 - Oct 2 by thehat

Never offside - I was in line and when the ball was played Dykes was onside a really poor decision from the official

This is good enough for you
Dykes' disallowed goal on 21:15 - Oct 3 with 1867 viewsLythamR

if it was onside then I am a bit gutted for Dykes because he wont score many better than that one

in the great scheme of things, we won and hopefully the injustice will be balanced out just when we really need it
Dykes' disallowed goal on 23:14 - Oct 3 with 1686 viewsLongsufferingR

Dykes' disallowed goal on 18:50 - Oct 3 by gazza1

What I can say is that the linesmen was in line with play and flagged immediately for offside. If it was am massively important goal or no goal, that is why VAR is a must - not that I particularly like VAR.

Eh? We're hearing from doogi that he was in line with it and linesman was right, so how is that an argument for VAR?
Dykes' disallowed goal on 23:41 - Oct 3 with 1636 viewsDavieQPR

If the ref can't see all the shirt pulls from 6ft away how can we expect him to see anything else.
Dykes' disallowed goal on 23:57 - Oct 3 with 1632 viewsjeffranger

Dykes definitely onside when the cross came in after watching highlights, officials was crap
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes' disallowed goal on 00:07 - Oct 4 with 1622 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dykes' disallowed goal on 18:50 - Oct 3 by gazza1

What I can say is that the linesmen was in line with play and flagged immediately for offside. If it was am massively important goal or no goal, that is why VAR is a must - not that I particularly like VAR.

So what? Lino was in line (i.e. just doing his job), check, flagged straightaway, check, and still managed to get it wrong, as the helpful still shot clearly shows. It's bloody annoying that, by contrast with Gray who appears to have Bonne-like capacities for straying offside, when Dykes is presumably skillfully looking across the line to stay on, he's penalised anyway for a brilliant goal. It further degrades the Championship's product and treats fans like mugs.

Great win, of course, but I wonder how we'd all be feeling if we'd lost the game as a result.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 0:08]

Dykes' disallowed goal on 07:10 - Oct 4 with 1466 viewsdistortR

I must say, on the video, I like the way the mascot's flag-waving peters out as they realise it's not been given........................
Dykes' disallowed goal on 14:55 - Oct 4 with 1225 viewsPinnerPaul

Dykes' disallowed goal on 20:15 - Oct 2 by saxbend

I was sure he was onside. Never mind. We managed to win in spite of everything. Although I couldn't help thinking that 4 mins of injury time was nowhere near enough and had we not already been ahead I would have been fuming. Should have been 6 minimum.

Yeah, not being big headed, but I normally get that right and I thought 5 minimum, maybe 6.
Dykes' disallowed goal on 15:01 - Oct 4 with 1213 viewskensalriser

Dykes' disallowed goal on 14:55 - Oct 4 by PinnerPaul

Yeah, not being big headed, but I normally get that right and I thought 5 minimum, maybe 6.

Ah but you forgot to deduct two minutes for the ref's desire to get into the dry asap.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dykes' disallowed goal on 15:02 - Oct 4 with 1208 viewsPinnerPaul

That offside is TIGHT.

Its clearly not 'clearly' as SE claims, backed up by the opposing opinions on here.

Even VAR can't get the exact moment our player last played the ball, neither does that still and its an impossibility for the poor old AR.

Its just one of those that if it was PNE and it was given, we'd be screaming offside.
Dykes' disallowed goal on 18:07 - Oct 4 with 1128 viewsnumptydumpty

Was a fabulous header and finish - absolute nailed on goal.

Heading of that ability not seen since the days of a certain Leslie Ferdinand - I suggest ...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Dykes' disallowed goal on 16:48 - Oct 5 with 931 viewstimcocking

An absolute bloody travesty. Never offside, what a brilliant header.
Dykes' disallowed goal on 19:01 - Oct 5 with 851 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dykes' disallowed goal on 15:02 - Oct 4 by PinnerPaul

That offside is TIGHT.

Its clearly not 'clearly' as SE claims, backed up by the opposing opinions on here.

Even VAR can't get the exact moment our player last played the ball, neither does that still and its an impossibility for the poor old AR.

Its just one of those that if it was PNE and it was given, we'd be screaming offside.

Dykes was in line (at worst) when the ball was played, so it IS clear. How difficult it was for the AR to call correctly is another issue, but the goal should have stood regardless. At any rate, the officials are paid to get these calls right, and they have a lot more hooked-up help these days to help them do so, and he didn't.

As I say, if we'd drawn or, worse, lost, I imagine there'd have been a lot more splenetic analysis/vitriol both on this board and from our bench.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024