Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report 17:10 - Oct 24 with 2976 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56077
Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 18:09 - Oct 24 with 2773 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"...this was a result born out of far more pressing matters than simply ‘typical QPR’."

Nailed it.
The 'typical us' poor-mouth martyrdom does nothing for me.
We lost because they were better than us yesterday.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 18:54 - Oct 24 with 2632 viewscolinallcars

I'm ancient now and haven't been to an away game for years. But even in the “ good ol' days”, I found some of the behaviour hard to accept. In those days only jazz musicians and beatniks ( look it up kids ), used drugs so it was just a surfeit of booze that caused some to go over the top.
Still, it's not a shrinking violet's game so we'd just grin and bear it.
Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 21:12 - Oct 24 with 2253 viewsShotKneesHoop

Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 18:54 - Oct 24 by colinallcars

I'm ancient now and haven't been to an away game for years. But even in the “ good ol' days”, I found some of the behaviour hard to accept. In those days only jazz musicians and beatniks ( look it up kids ), used drugs so it was just a surfeit of booze that caused some to go over the top.
Still, it's not a shrinking violet's game so we'd just grin and bear it.

Firstly, we lost because they wanted it more.

Secondly, I reckon that there were quite a few old gits, like you and me, who hadn't travelled to an away game for yonks, who thought they'd give an away game a try; but afterwards just felt that away trips like this were no longer for them anymore.

Too many "fans" were turning up late, wanting to leave their seats every ten minutes for a snort downstairs, especially the total Harris in the Upper Tier of the West Stand with a Compaq sponsored QPR shirt on, who was so blitzed every time he came back that he forgot where he was sitting / standing / sky diving. Phoooknose why he turned up in the first place.

Plus the tosser who invaded the pitch and fought with the stewards. Another Harris that should be banned.

Why do we bother, Fawlty?

An embarrassing and depressing day out, the best way to support QPR away is to follow Clive's reports on this site, at least he takes most of the pain away,
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 21:19]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 23:36 - Oct 24 with 2001 viewsdaveB

both goals were so avoidable, the first is poor from Adomah but is just another case of us not sensing danger and being lazy when defending. the second is a dreadful cross from barbet and with everyone forward and pushed high up we were wide open for that break, They had a similar one earlier they should have scored from. I thought Deing should have done better with it as well.

Overall a game where if we learn from it we should improve but we are making the same mistakes too often. Blackpool will be similar in 2 weeks where many will expect us to win comfortably but we won't.

The balance in midfield feels all wrong to me, Amos on for Austin seemed an obvious change, Johansen needs legs around him but we seem to have moved away from that. I do feel for our 3 strikers, the crossing was so poor yesterday none of them had much to work with although Austins miss was diabolical. Not sure how we solve his loss of form, always seemed like someone who needs to play to get a rhythm but not really doing enough to justify getting that chance at the moment. He ended up coming deep to try and get in the game which is not really his game.

A real wasted opportunity yesterday and at 1-0 our game management was dreadful.
Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 08:38 - Oct 25 with 1695 viewsTheChef

Anyone know what our win stats are for when we play two up front vs. one up front? We really do need that midfield three at the moment.

As mentioned with the big away following etc. the poor defeat was kind of expected, but as mentioned we are still in touching distance of the top six and still missing key personnel like Field so of course we can still improve.

Looking forward to a big cup game under the lights tomorrow night.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 10:40 - Oct 25 with 1540 viewsQPROslo

Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 08:38 - Oct 25 by TheChef

Anyone know what our win stats are for when we play two up front vs. one up front? We really do need that midfield three at the moment.

As mentioned with the big away following etc. the poor defeat was kind of expected, but as mentioned we are still in touching distance of the top six and still missing key personnel like Field so of course we can still improve.

Looking forward to a big cup game under the lights tomorrow night.

When (if) Field is back match fit, surely we will revert to the midfield 3 we used mostly with success the last half of last season- Field holding, Johansen central playmaker, and Chair attacking mid., leaving Willock linking/roaming with Chair and the WB's just behind 1 striker.
Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 11:44 - Oct 25 with 1431 viewsgazza1

Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 10:40 - Oct 25 by QPROslo

When (if) Field is back match fit, surely we will revert to the midfield 3 we used mostly with success the last half of last season- Field holding, Johansen central playmaker, and Chair attacking mid., leaving Willock linking/roaming with Chair and the WB's just behind 1 striker.

So the only 'real change', as I read it, is Ball out & Field in.....I look forward to seeing Field playing and changing a lot of what is wrong with the current team in you post!!!!
Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 11:48 - Oct 25 with 1420 viewsTheChef

Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 11:44 - Oct 25 by gazza1

So the only 'real change', as I read it, is Ball out & Field in.....I look forward to seeing Field playing and changing a lot of what is wrong with the current team in you post!!!!

Well that and sticking with the one striker, seeing as playing with two up front doesn't seem to work currently.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 11:57 - Oct 25 with 1411 viewsdaveB

Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 11:44 - Oct 25 by gazza1

and Chair dropping a little deeper when we don't have the ball
Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 12:38 - Oct 25 with 1331 viewsMrSheen

Something that bugged me was that the subs coming on made an initial impact then faded from view. Gray was aggressive and looking to break through, but ended up clogging up the middle rather than going wide, disappearing completely when the whole team came forward and Boro waited to rope-a-dope us. Similarly Amos initially seemed to break up play at half way to drive forward, but ended up closer to the box in the same crowd scene. There was no intelligence on the field or off it to adapt and freshen the approach.

Also, was the referee really an upgrade on the usual? Like so many, he seemed determined to enforce a couple of principles - in his case, no cards and kicks-from-exactly-the-right-place-or-else, with everything else a secondary consideration. The one where he stopped the game to move the ball five yards back into the penalty area, giving a Boro player a chance to roll over on his back and stop the game for another two minutes, was the last straw for me.
Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 15:16 - Oct 25 with 1125 viewsBeckenhamhoop

As I was reading your comments about the teams lack of pace I did wonder if, and it’s a huge, speculatory, ‘if’, if he does well in the next 10 weeks on loan if Sinclair Armstrong might be bought back in and Andre Gray’s loan terminated. He’s got pace and might bring impact to the impact sub role?
The club have certainly left this as an option because Armstrong is not allowed to play in the FACup for Torquay. 🤔
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 15:40]
Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 15:27 - Oct 25 with 1098 viewsMrSheen

Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 15:16 - Oct 25 by Beckenhamhoop

As I was reading your comments about the teams lack of pace I did wonder if, and it’s a huge, speculatory, ‘if’, if he does well in the next 10 weeks on loan if Sinclair Armstrong might be bought back in and Andre Gray’s loan terminated. He’s got pace and might bring impact to the impact sub role?
The club have certainly left this as an option because Armstrong is not allowed to play in the FACup for Torquay. 🤔
[Post edited 25 Oct 2021 15:40]

Duke McKenna was startlingly quick against Everton. Not seen since.
Oh, Siriki Dembele - Report on 22:17 - Oct 25 with 720 viewsWatfordR

A little bit amazed that, given the title of the thread, no one has mentioned Dembele.

Thought he was excellent throughout, and wouldn't mind seeing him in the Hoops. A midget but he never gave our back three a moment's peace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024