Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting 10:37 - Nov 4 with 5164 viewsbermudabob

Did anyone raise an eyebrow at Alan Parry's commentary last night on the red button.
Probably not verbatim but very close, "I don't understand why fans always seem to get so wound up about time wasting, the ref will just add time on at the end and if it is really bad produce a card."

Obviously not been watching/commentating much over the last few years!
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 10:41 - Nov 4 with 4266 viewswhiffer

Yeah. I was imagining steam coming out of Clive's ears if he could have heard it!
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 10:41 - Nov 4 with 4260 viewsdaveB

I had it on QPR+ so had the brilliant Nick London and Andy Sinton as company
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:09 - Nov 4 with 4146 viewsNoelmc

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 10:41 - Nov 4 by daveB

I had it on QPR+ so had the brilliant Nick London and Andy Sinton as company

Agree Dave. I've got Sky, but prefer to pay £10 to the Club to get the excellent London/Sinton commentary and better coverage (replays etc) than watch it on the red button.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:21 - Nov 4 with 4079 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

He obviously hasn't done much Championship commentating lately.
The idea that the time is added on or there's a yellow card is laughable.
Often the refs don't add enough time to cover just the real injuries and substitutions. 8-10 minutes would have been about right last night.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:37 - Nov 4 with 4007 viewsstowmarketrange

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:21 - Nov 4 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Often the refs don't add enough time to cover just the real injuries and substitutions. 8-10 minutes would have been about right last night.

I thought only 4 mins last night was pretty lenient too.Although I only watched bits of the game,we did seem to waste a lot more time than that,but it wasn’t as bad as Blackburn last Tuesday.Or any Preston game that they’re winning.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:42 - Nov 4 with 3974 viewsAntti_Heinola

Loved Parry's commentary, seemed to be very biased towards us, and was nice having the old school one-person comms.

Bare bones.

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:43 - Nov 4 with 3972 viewsDieByYourSide

Did I hear us singing that f*cking Preston take your time/playing football the shithouse way song as well?

Enormous credit to the fans for travelling in numbers to Cardiff midweek but would rather we knocked that on the head myself.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:46 - Nov 4 with 3951 viewsPinnerPaul

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:09 - Nov 4 by Noelmc

Agree Dave. I've got Sky, but prefer to pay £10 to the Club to get the excellent London/Sinton commentary and better coverage (replays etc) than watch it on the red button.

Yes indeed. as I said on the latest Sky bashing thread, see how many criticise Sky's commentary/coverage on the match thread.

Lo and behold there are loads, plus requests for a free stream.

Any new model isn't going to work if people refuse to pay their own club money and listen to their own commentary!

On last night's added time, I was expecting 5.
Login to get fewer ads

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:47 - Nov 4 with 3931 viewsPinnerPaul

I thought 5.

10 minutes is a bit ott.

No one really looks at their watch for the injuries/subs - they often take less time than you think.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:49 - Nov 4 with 3909 viewsozranger

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:43 - Nov 4 by DieByYourSide

Did I hear us singing that f*cking Preston take your time/playing football the shithouse way song as well?

Enormous credit to the fans for travelling in numbers to Cardiff midweek but would rather we knocked that on the head myself.

On train back now. Yes, that take your time was sung a lot. So was the f*ck off sky or similar at least once.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 12:00 - Nov 4 with 3856 viewsdaveB

On the ref and time added on etc, overall I thought he had a really good game last night and I didn't expect to say that about old Niles Craine
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 13:19 - Nov 4 with 3637 viewsnix

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:42 - Nov 4 by Antti_Heinola

Loved Parry's commentary, seemed to be very biased towards us, and was nice having the old school one-person comms.

I thought he was very generous about us. Seems to absolutely love Chair.

Didn't think there was anything like enough additional time. Six or even seven minutes wouldn't have surprised me.

I think he missed the point that it breaks up the game, it's not just the time added on it's the momentum. However, if refs allow it then we're daft to be the only team that doesn't do it so I'm not going to criticise our players for joining in.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 13:34 - Nov 4 with 3577 viewscollegeranger

I watched it on a Cardiff feed - with some Welsh fella as the anchor and a certain Matthew Connolly as the guest co-commentator. They didn't seem to make much of the time wasting as I am guessing the points that Cardiff have scrapped for lately will have had time wasting from the 80th minute a feature of their performance.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 13:46 - Nov 4 with 3513 viewsmakaveli1882

I thought he was brilliant and very pro Rangers or pro football and spot on about the Cardiff fans moaning.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 13:49 - Nov 4 with 3485 viewsNorthernr

Agreed. It worked to our advantage last night but four minutes was an absolute joke.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 14:01 - Nov 4 with 3426 viewsdaveB

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 13:19 - Nov 4 by nix

I thought he was very generous about us. Seems to absolutely love Chair.

Didn't think there was anything like enough additional time. Six or even seven minutes wouldn't have surprised me.

I think he missed the point that it breaks up the game, it's not just the time added on it's the momentum. However, if refs allow it then we're daft to be the only team that doesn't do it so I'm not going to criticise our players for joining in.

4 mins seemed about right to me, I didn't think we did that much time wasting, was only really the injuries to Chair and Moore which took time out of the game. They took more time out of the game drying the ball for long throws than we did with restarts
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 14:05 - Nov 4 with 3404 viewsBoston

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 13:34 - Nov 4 by collegeranger

I watched it on a Cardiff feed - with some Welsh fella as the anchor and a certain Matthew Connolly as the guest co-commentator. They didn't seem to make much of the time wasting as I am guessing the points that Cardiff have scrapped for lately will have had time wasting from the 80th minute a feature of their performance.

I was watching on a feed with Nick and Andy…then, about 25/30 mins into the game, the screen shudders to a halt, resuming a minute or so later with the Cardiff comms. Strange, even stranger was the first broadcast was running real time, the Welsh variety was 90 secs behind, verified as I’d turned on the Rangers Audio because the Cardiff broadcast was blander than their teams performance.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 14:57 - Nov 4 with 3275 viewsnix

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 14:01 - Nov 4 by daveB

4 mins seemed about right to me, I didn't think we did that much time wasting, was only really the injuries to Chair and Moore which took time out of the game. They took more time out of the game drying the ball for long throws than we did with restarts

There were also five subs in the second half and a trademark Stefan Johansen 'cramp'. Gray's injury took a bit of time too. And we were faffing around with our throw ins and free kicks.

I'm not complaining but it didn't seem a lot compared to when we've had a lot of time added on for some matches.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 15:38 - Nov 4 with 3204 viewsstowmarketrange

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 14:57 - Nov 4 by nix

There were also five subs in the second half and a trademark Stefan Johansen 'cramp'. Gray's injury took a bit of time too. And we were faffing around with our throw ins and free kicks.

I'm not complaining but it didn't seem a lot compared to when we've had a lot of time added on for some matches.

I think they were wasting more time setting up their long throws than we were.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 16:18 - Nov 4 with 3095 viewsParkRoyalR

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 13:49 - Nov 4 by Northernr

Agreed. It worked to our advantage last night but four minutes was an absolute joke.

Agree, it took him that long to sort out the drop-throw / put the ball back into play after we put it out for Kieffer Moore's injury.

If we were chasing the game and we only got 4 minutes based on last night, I would go ape-shit.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 16:29 - Nov 4 with 3069 viewsStanisgod

How they can moan when every throw took an eternity due to ball wiping I dont know.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 17:03 - Nov 4 with 2984 viewsPinnerPaul

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 14:57 - Nov 4 by nix

SJ's 'cramp' was during added time and he did add another 30 seconds for that.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 17:25 - Nov 4 with 2926 viewsstevec

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 11:47 - Nov 4 by PinnerPaul

I thought 5.

10 minutes is a bit ott.

No one really looks at their watch for the injuries/subs - they often take less time than you think.

Must admit, I thought they added 30 seconds for every substitution made so, for most games, that should mean 3 mins added even without other stoppages/time wasting.

Be interested to know if that’s the case as could have been 6-7 mins added in total.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 17:42 - Nov 4 with 2866 viewsPinnerPaul

Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 17:25 - Nov 4 by stevec

Must admit, I thought they added 30 seconds for every substitution made so, for most games, that should mean 3 mins added even without other stoppages/time wasting.

Be interested to know if that’s the case as could have been 6-7 mins added in total.

That's just a general rule of thumb.

He made Chair go straight off the pitch so that one and the Cardiff ones didn't take 30 seconds, for example.
Alan Parry's comment on time wasting on 18:45 - Nov 4 with 2765 viewsWalnut

With reference to the OP, I've no real beef with Parry, one of the more OK comms.
What I think he misjudged was when his monologue about timewasting began, the Cardiff fans were getting annoyed that Seny wasn't releasing the ball (is the 6 second thing real?) Whilst he was holding it, Parry was talking about the ball being live which in effect, it wasnt until Seny dropped it to the floor. I was all for Seny / everyone taking their time until told off, it's up to the officials to add time and/or discipline
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024