Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! 14:34 - Dec 12 with 6426 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ridiculous!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 16:02 - Dec 12 with 4377 viewsWren67

Yeah real sh*t
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 16:15 - Dec 12 with 4307 viewsquickpassrotter

The only sport in the world where you can make up the rules as the game (race) is played out live in front of you. Michael Massi the race director is, as he demonstrated throughout the F1 season, totally out of his depth. Amazing and ridiculous decision. Embarrassing for the sport.
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 16:17 - Dec 12 with 4290 viewspeejaybee

Last LAP Safety Car = Stitch Up.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 16:31 - Dec 12 with 4179 viewsOakR

Be interesting to see what happens with the Mercedes appeal.

Can't see the overtaking one working.

An interesting first decision not to make Hamilton give the place back, which would have made for a more interesting race.

I didn't even understand what was happening at the end it changed so quickly - did Massi make a mistake under pressure, try to keep the race going or something else- we will never know but it will feel very odd if it gets overturned now.

Guess they will view things slightly differently in Holland than here - amazed Hamilton is not publicly fuming, showing some real class at the moment.

Poll: Will we stay up?

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 16:53 - Dec 12 with 4055 viewsEsox_Lucius

It all began with the change in rules handicapping the Mercedes & Aston Martin cars and give the Red Bull an advantage. Somewhere along the line there were people who didn't want to see Lewis Hamilton win another WDC. Martin Brundle didn't actually inspire any notion that he was an impartial observer either. He and Anthony Davidson seem to really have it in for Lewis.

The grass is always greener.

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 16:56 - Dec 12 with 4036 viewsdaveB

i don't usually watch F1 but watched today, was a baffling end, how can someone with a 12 second lead be allowed to start neck and neck for the last lap. made no sense to me
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 16:57 - Dec 12 with 4028 viewsquickpassrotter

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 16:53 - Dec 12 by Esox_Lucius

It all began with the change in rules handicapping the Mercedes & Aston Martin cars and give the Red Bull an advantage. Somewhere along the line there were people who didn't want to see Lewis Hamilton win another WDC. Martin Brundle didn't actually inspire any notion that he was an impartial observer either. He and Anthony Davidson seem to really have it in for Lewis.

Yes....strange attitude from those two ....clearly LH has annoyed and upset them along the way.
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 17:40 - Dec 12 with 3875 viewsOldPedro

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 16:56 - Dec 12 by daveB

i don't usually watch F1 but watched today, was a baffling end, how can someone with a 12 second lead be allowed to start neck and neck for the last lap. made no sense to me

Safety cars rules have been that way for many years - field always closes up and it's always the car in front that has the most to lose

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Login to get fewer ads

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 17:47 - Dec 12 with 3827 viewsstevec

It’s a bit like being one goal up and being told you’re only allowed to play walking football until the other side equalises.
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 17:49 - Dec 12 with 3813 viewsDWQPR

From what I understand with the lapped cars being allowed to unlap this should have been the rule for all lapped cars and not just those between LH and the Dutch bloke. Yet what was allowed to happen was just those five cars between them. This was was a decision made shortly after another decision was made whereby they decided not to let the lap cars unlap themselves thus meaning that the Dutch bloke would have had to pass them in the last lap to get to LH. Rules in sport are there for a reason. They will get changed at the end of a season if the demand for the rule change is there and makes sense. And why should a leader be punished by a safety car deployment in such a way? Bad enough that it lets the field bunch up thus losing a decent lead but to also allow drivers to change tyres to then give an unfair advantage is just a joke. Verstrapon may be the WDC now but it’s a tarnished one as far as I’m concerned.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 19:28 - Dec 12 with 3564 viewsslmrstid

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 17:49 - Dec 12 by DWQPR

From what I understand with the lapped cars being allowed to unlap this should have been the rule for all lapped cars and not just those between LH and the Dutch bloke. Yet what was allowed to happen was just those five cars between them. This was was a decision made shortly after another decision was made whereby they decided not to let the lap cars unlap themselves thus meaning that the Dutch bloke would have had to pass them in the last lap to get to LH. Rules in sport are there for a reason. They will get changed at the end of a season if the demand for the rule change is there and makes sense. And why should a leader be punished by a safety car deployment in such a way? Bad enough that it lets the field bunch up thus losing a decent lead but to also allow drivers to change tyres to then give an unfair advantage is just a joke. Verstrapon may be the WDC now but it’s a tarnished one as far as I’m concerned.

"From what I understand with the lapped cars being allowed to unlap this should have been the rule for all lapped cars and not just those between LH and the Dutch bloke"

Not just that, but after letting all the lapped cars go there should have been ANOTHER lap under the safety car before restarting - in which case the race would have finished under the SC and Lewis would have been champion again.

The RD has basically rewritten a rule to get a Hollywood style finish.

I've seen the breaking news story now where they've said the results stand - hardly surprising as they were never going to change it but it leaves a sour taste in the mouth that its been manipulated against their own rules so they could get the "dramatic" finish.
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 19:38 - Dec 12 with 3528 viewsRangersDave

all appeals dismissed, what a cluster fcuk!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 19:43 - Dec 12 with 3501 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 17:40 - Dec 12 by OldPedro

Safety cars rules have been that way for many years - field always closes up and it's always the car in front that has the most to lose

True but when the safety car was deployed Max had 5 cars between him and Lewis (albeit backmarkers). It would have taken him a while to negotiate that traffic. When the race resumed he was right behind Lewis and on fresh tyres having taken a free pit stop.

Whichever way this saga pans out the rules need revision. It doesn't make sense that under a virtual safety car the gaps between cars are maintained (by reducing car speed by 40%) whilst under an actual safety car the field bunches up. The gap should always be maintained to ensure any advantage earned through the race is not immediately lost.

Moreover, the leader is further disadvantaged by a safety car in that if he pits he loses track position. If the opponent pits, they tuck in right behind the leader on fresh tyres. Pit stops shouldn't be allowed under the safety car.
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 19:47 - Dec 12 with 3474 viewsDWQPR

I suspect that this will go to the Court of arbitration for Sport. Governing bodies create rules to maintain the integrity of a sport that they oversee. What the FIA has done is engineered a result and destroyed the integrity. So this is what you get by selling a sport to the Yanks. Cash before integrity. Will do major damage to what in reality is a minority sport.

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 19:55 - Dec 12 with 3439 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 19:47 - Dec 12 by DWQPR

I suspect that this will go to the Court of arbitration for Sport. Governing bodies create rules to maintain the integrity of a sport that they oversee. What the FIA has done is engineered a result and destroyed the integrity. So this is what you get by selling a sport to the Yanks. Cash before integrity. Will do major damage to what in reality is a minority sport.

Yes, a minority sport that has an EV alternative breathing down its neck. Today was a real Bobby Ewing comes back to life in the shower moment for F1.
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 20:36 - Dec 12 with 3310 viewsTGRRRSSS

Never been into F1 as such but as said elsewhere selling it to the Yanks - who pr3fer INdy car anyway don't they?

Ecclestone really built it into the success it was.

With all thats going on I wonder if F1 will even be a thing in 2031?
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 21:13 - Dec 12 with 3213 viewsBlackCrowe

I like F1 a lot, but the past 3 or 4 races have been farcical. Michael Masi (F1 race director who make the calls) is a rabbit in headlights.

F1 today had presumably millions of new/very occasional viewers who will ditch the farce.

Great for the next season of Netflix 'Drive To Survive' though, which makes me wonder....

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 21:27 - Dec 12 with 3154 viewsRangersDave

Mercedes just lodged their intention to appeal!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 21:59 - Dec 12 with 3101 viewsLythamR

Swings and roundabouts

Red bull rolled the dice twice and it paid off, mercedes made calls that turned out to be the wrong ones

the unlapping decision was abnormal but with only a lap left and lapped cars already behind verstappen were inconsequential.

I dont doubt that a commercial decision was made so the race could finish in competitive mode rather than under a safety card but I think history will show that the race director made the right decision for the well being of the sport commercially which really is all that seems to matter with F1

My estimation of Hamilton has definitely gone up with the way he handled the situation, would love to be a fly on the wall when he sits down with Mr Wolf!

Overall Verstappen just shaded it this year on racing skill and with slightly better luck would have one it before today, maybe today his luck evened out a bit.
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 07:54 - Dec 13 with 2858 viewscpgerber

Yeah can give you some of how we see it over here in NL: most people pretty much agree that Max got a lucky break yesterday, but everyone is quick to point out its his turn, given how many decisions this season has gone _against_ him. Like the Hamilton overtaking at the start of the race from outside the track. As we all know, these things even out, right?

General consensus is that the best driver became champion. (for now).

And our studio panel of course pretty baffled by the Mercedes tactics to keep Lewis out that long on one set of tires.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 7:55]
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 08:10 - Dec 13 with 2818 viewsDWQPR

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 07:54 - Dec 13 by cpgerber

Yeah can give you some of how we see it over here in NL: most people pretty much agree that Max got a lucky break yesterday, but everyone is quick to point out its his turn, given how many decisions this season has gone _against_ him. Like the Hamilton overtaking at the start of the race from outside the track. As we all know, these things even out, right?

General consensus is that the best driver became champion. (for now).

And our studio panel of course pretty baffled by the Mercedes tactics to keep Lewis out that long on one set of tires.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 7:55]

LH was keeping comfortably ahead of Verstrapon on that set of tyres and would have won the race by a comfortable 10-12 seconds. Verstrapon has on numerous occasions tried to drive LH off the track this season and on one occasion had it not been for the halo probably would have killed him. He has shown over many years he will push safety beyond the limits.

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 08:26 - Dec 13 with 2759 viewsPhildo

Changing the rules with one lap to go to make for a TV finish hits the integrity as a sport. You could easily see a breakaway coming from this one decision . Very foolish IMO
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 08:39 - Dec 13 with 2710 viewsClive_Anderson

Haven't watched F1 in years before yesterday and now I remember why.

Hamilton isn't my cup of tea in general, but he was completely robbed. He'd already won the race and there was zero chance of him being caught and then suddenly his rival is right behind him from a restart and also allowed to change his tyres meaning he'll easily win. How the fck is F1 even a sport?

I especially enjoyed the F1 body investigating themselves and saying "yes we might have broke the rules, but there's another rule that allows the race director to make it up as he goes along and ignore the other rules, so he used that one".
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 09:00 - Dec 13 with 2662 viewsParkRoyalR

What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 08:10 - Dec 13 by DWQPR

LH was keeping comfortably ahead of Verstrapon on that set of tyres and would have won the race by a comfortable 10-12 seconds. Verstrapon has on numerous occasions tried to drive LH off the track this season and on one occasion had it not been for the halo probably would have killed him. He has shown over many years he will push safety beyond the limits.

Watched race yesterday as what they now call a cross-over sports viewer,

What I don't get, is why did Hamilton give him so much space on the inside going into that corner?
What a f.....g joke F1 is!! on 09:27 - Dec 13 with 2576 viewsRs_Holy

not a fan of F1 but got caught up in the 'excitement' of the last 2 races... Never again, that's me done unless they make some fundamental changes. How can anyone thinks that is a satisfactory ending to the season???
I love cycling ...but would go off it very quickly it there was a 'safety bike' every time a crash happened!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024