Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry Away on sale today 12:50 - Dec 20 with 2981 viewsNorthernr

1000 loyalty points from this afternoon, in the strange fantasy world where Coventry away will still be a thing for us in January.
Coventry Away on sale today on 13:01 - Dec 20 with 2906 viewsstowmarketrange

Almost 3,000 tickets too.Strange that they’re selling them in 4 hour batches.1500 points from 10am,and 1000 points from 2pm.
Coventry Away on sale today on 13:07 - Dec 20 with 2873 viewsCliff

I can't see fans at games in the new year, even if games go ahead.
Coventry Away on sale today on 13:16 - Dec 20 with 2829 viewsfrancisbowles

Coventry trying to generate a bit of cash flow?
Coventry Away on sale today on 13:25 - Dec 20 with 2785 viewsJames_Paddocks

Just purchased ours. Felt like the most pointless transaction ever.

Although I live in hope...
Coventry Away on sale today on 13:25 - Dec 20 with 2779 viewsdaveB

Coventry Away on sale today on 13:07 - Dec 20 by Cliff

I can't see fans at games in the new year, even if games go ahead.

If the new variant is not as deadly as the last one, which is quite possible, then I'm not sure why we'd be stopped from going to games but who know.
Coventry Away on sale today on 13:35 - Dec 20 with 2758 viewsfrancisbowles

Coventry Away on sale today on 13:25 - Dec 20 by daveB

If the new variant is not as deadly as the last one, which is quite possible, then I'm not sure why we'd be stopped from going to games but who know.

With the number of people getting this every day, there aren't going to be many left to infect by January 22nd. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not!
Coventry Away on sale today on 13:46 - Dec 20 with 2707 viewsCliff

Coventry Away on sale today on 13:25 - Dec 20 by daveB

I really don't want to go back to empty stadiums again and I know I'm being pessimistic but....

A smaller percentage of people getting very ill out of a greater number getting infected could still be a big number. For instance if Omicron is 3x as infectious as it seems to be, then it would need to be only a third as nasty just to "break even" on the number of hospitalisations.

PS can anyone remember if the football matches were being called off at this rate due to player infections earlier in the pandemic?
Coventry Away on sale today on 13:48 - Dec 20 with 2699 viewsNorthernr

who's going to steward and staff these games?
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry Away on sale today on 15:26 - Dec 21 with 2136 viewsdenhamhoop2

Coventry Away on sale today on 13:48 - Dec 20 by Northernr

who's going to steward and staff these games?

"Key workers" as from the start of the pandemic they have had to use public transport and mix indoors whilst at work so surely these Super Human powers can carry on from work to their social time
Coventry Away on sale today on 15:55 - Dec 21 with 2066 viewsdaveB

Coventry Away on sale today on 13:46 - Dec 20 by Cliff

I really don't want to go back to empty stadiums again and I know I'm being pessimistic but....

A smaller percentage of people getting very ill out of a greater number getting infected could still be a big number. For instance if Omicron is 3x as infectious as it seems to be, then it would need to be only a third as nasty just to "break even" on the number of hospitalisations.

PS can anyone remember if the football matches were being called off at this rate due to player infections earlier in the pandemic?

The games were called off pretty quickly in the 1st wave, don't think we had any games called off as we have recently it was just all cancelled in one swoop.

You may well be right about the number of people in hospital, i think if that number shows signs of increasing (that may already be happening to be honest) we'll see another lockdown although its hard to see as many complying when by then most people would have had 3 vaccines in less than a year
Coventry Away on sale today on 16:21 - Dec 21 with 2018 viewsWatford_Ranger

Doubt this will be a factor but if any stadium can handle social distancing it’s The Ricoh.
Coventry Away on sale today on 16:27 - Dec 21 with 1995 viewsstowmarketrange

Coventry Away on sale today on 16:21 - Dec 21 by Watford_Ranger

Doubt this will be a factor but if any stadium can handle social distancing it’s The Ricoh.

Well they have been socially distanced from it for a few years before august.
Coventry Away on sale today on 16:39 - Dec 21 with 1942 viewsCliff

Coventry Away on sale today on 15:26 - Dec 21 by denhamhoop2

"Key workers" as from the start of the pandemic they have had to use public transport and mix indoors whilst at work so surely these Super Human powers can carry on from work to their social time

At the start of the pandemic "key workers" did indeed use public transport, but during that initial lockdown the busses and tube very fairly empty. As for mixing at work, where I work there are very strict Covid rules covering maximum room occupancies, minimum working distances from colleagues, mask wearing just about everywhere etc.

So no not super human powers but adherence to the rules
Coventry Away on sale today on 16:47 - Dec 21 with 1916 viewspaulhoop2

Clive isn’t Coventry a favourite place of yours to visit lol

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024