Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Merry Christmas everybody 09:59 - Dec 25 with 4534 viewsNorthernr

Merry Christmas guys.

If you're able to spend it with loved ones, I hope you have a great day, and Santa brings you everything you asked for.

If you're not, if you're isolating, if you're just about holding it together for the kids, or if it's just generally a sht time, then know you are not alone. You'll always be welcome here with your QPR family. You are always welcome here.

Tough time, tough year, on here at times, and in the world, but we have a team to be proud of (remember when our strikers were Sylla/Washington/Polter and our centre backs were Hall, Lynch and Leistner), a club to be proud of (check out some of the footage of the players' wives and Rangers clubbing together to take disadvantaged kids to Hamley's for Christmas), and brighter and better times ahead together.

Please know that your support of me and this website means the world to me, if you've stuck some cash into the Patreon you have no idea what a life/mortgage saver that has been for me and I'll be forever grateful to you.

Merry Christmas my R's.
Merry Christmas everybody on 10:12 - Dec 25 with 3093 viewsloftboy

Merry Christmas Clive, site is still the best QPR one by a country mile.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Merry Christmas everybody on 10:16 - Dec 25 with 3084 viewsSuperhoop83

Merry Christmas Clive and to everyone on here.

🍻🍻

Suffering since 1978.

Merry Christmas everybody on 10:21 - Dec 25 with 3070 viewsLythamR

Merry Christmas Clive and all who reside here seen and unseen
Merry Christmas everybody on 10:24 - Dec 25 with 3058 viewsnix

Oh Clive, I think I've got something in my eye....

Somehow or other you've put together a home for people whose only thing in common is supporting a little club in West London. And yet it feels like a family. We have our little spats but they're a great bunch of people and I've learnt a lot from them and had a lot of laughs too. So thanks for all you do and the terrific reports, interviews and previews.

I'm so pleased the Patreon has made a difference and I'm proud to support it as tbh I get a lot more out of it than my other subscriptions.

I'd also like to send love to anyone who's on their own this year, who's lost someone recently or who's just feeling a bit sad. ❤️

Have a great one, Clive, even if it's a bit quiet this year and Happy Christmas again to the LFW family 🌲 🎉🍻xxx
[Post edited 25 Dec 2021 10:25]
Merry Christmas everybody on 10:25 - Dec 25 with 3057 viewsquickpassrotter

Best wishes Clive for Christmas and the New Year. It just can not be underestimated the absolute joy and togetherness you bring by running this brilliant site for us all. Thanks so much. COYR's !
Merry Christmas everybody on 10:36 - Dec 25 with 3029 viewshantssi

Merry Christmas everybody on 10:24 - Dec 25 by nix

Somehow or other you've put together a home for people whose only thing in common is supporting a little club in West London. And yet it feels like a family. We have our little spats but they're a great bunch of people and I've learnt a lot from them and had a lot of laughs too. So thanks for all you do and the terrific reports, interviews and previews.

I'm so pleased the Patreon has made a difference and I'm proud to support it as tbh I get a lot more out of it than my other subscriptions.

I'd also like to send love to anyone who's on their own this year, who's lost someone recently or who's just feeling a bit sad. ❤️

Have a great one, Clive, even if it's a bit quiet this year and Happy Christmas again to the LFW family 🌲 🎉🍻xxx

Nix, couldn’t have expressed it better if I’d tried for a 100 years!
Anyway, happy Christmas to you all, hope you all enjoy it as much as it’s possible and that 2022 is a much better year for all of us.
Stay safe and well,
Simon
[Post edited 25 Dec 2021 10:45]
Merry Christmas everybody on 10:40 - Dec 25 with 3020 viewsNelson_Rs

Merry Christmas to all on LFW. To my shame I don't log in and post nearly enough but as an expat Clive's brilliant articles and checking in with the posts on here have become an absolute highlight. I managed to get home for the first time in a few years in September (Reading away starting off in the home end and Everton plus beating the Preston shithouses at home felt like I squeezed a seasons worth of memories into a few weeks) and we've a team, a forum, and in Clive a writer which are the envy of other fan bases. Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and thank you Clive for slogging on - it means so much to so many!
Merry Christmas everybody on 10:48 - Dec 25 with 2990 viewsnix

Merry Christmas everybody on 10:36 - Dec 25 by hantssi

Nix, couldn’t have expressed it better if I’d tried for a 100 years!
Anyway, happy Christmas to you all, hope you all enjoy it as much as it’s possible and that 2022 is a much better year for all of us.
Stay safe and well,
Simon
[Post edited 25 Dec 2021 10:45]

Thanks Simon.

Have a lovely day x
Login to get fewer ads

Merry Christmas everybody on 10:51 - Dec 25 with 2987 viewsHayesender

Merry Christmas to you all. On a personal level the last few months have been the toughest I've ever had to deal with, but life goes on.

Give your families and loved ones a hug if you can, and if you can't for whatever reason let them know you're there for them.

Much love, and here's to three points on Monday

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Merry Christmas everybody on 10:58 - Dec 25 with 2967 viewsAddinall

Thanks Clive and the same to you. Happy and healthy new year too. Best wishes from north Norfolk.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2021 10:58]
Merry Christmas everybody on 11:28 - Dec 25 with 2894 viewsNorthantsHoop

Merry Xmas Clive and to everyone in the QPR family.
Merry Christmas everybody on 11:32 - Dec 25 with 2876 viewsJuzzie

Merry Christmas everyone!

Maybe a New Years Resolution can be to be to help Clive/this site by keeping things a bit vanilla. boring? maybe, but it might help things be a little less stressful for everyone.
I know people are sometimes determined to get their point across (me too sometimes) but once things start getting extreme, in whatever form that may be, then it’s not good.

As has been said, there are plenty of places to go to for that stuff, a football forum is not one of them.
I go on a motorcycle forum and people talk about motorbikes, that’s it. That’s partly because it’s moderated very heavily.
I love the way this forum is moderated in the sense of not clamping down on every single thing but that then allows people to get a bit out of control and we have seen how that can pan out.

Every one of us need to self-moderate to help.

Happy New Year too.
Merry Christmas everybody on 12:11 - Dec 25 with 2799 viewsDWQPR

Merry Christmas everyone. It’s been a tough year for me as I decided to end a miserable marriage and was only staying for my lad, Joshua. But in the end I realised that staying wasn’t good for him in terms of the atmosphere within the home. Divorce is going through but it’s pretty unpleasant but I’ll get through thanks to some great friends, great family and QPR and the LFW community. On the good news front Joshua at the age of 12 has suddenly become a fully fledged R and been attending games and loving the atmosphere (and the choice language from behind him, Merry Xmas, Gary, Graham, Austin, Charlie and Karl😂) and our Dad/son relationship is growing stronger by the day.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Merry Christmas everybody on 12:33 - Dec 25 with 2762 viewsthehat

Thanks Clive - Great words as always.

And massive thanks for all your dedication to this site it really is magnificent and win, lose or draw we always have your amazing reports to look forward to.

The Patreon contribution is without doubt the best £12 that leaves my bank account every month....

Then, Now, Always

You R'rrrs
Merry Christmas everybody on 12:41 - Dec 25 with 2727 viewsManinBlack

Thanks Northern your write ups are superb head and shoulders above anything other fans sites provide.

Have a great Christmas.
Merry Christmas everybody on 12:49 - Dec 25 with 2733 viewsPerthRs

Thank you Clive for keeping us sane at times, your match reports are a joy to read and you take pi55 taking to new level long May it continue.
Enjoy your Christmas albeit while quarantining, when this sh1t storm is over we would like to invite you to stay with us in the land downunder and maybe take in a few League games. Take care and thanks
Merry Christmas everybody on 12:50 - Dec 25 with 2731 viewsaston_hoop

Merry Christmas All. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this site, as well as the QPR Pod and the couple of great new QPR content creators around are an absolute lifeline for expats like me to feel closer to the club and fanbase from afar. Heres to a better 2022 for everyone and for the club to just keep doing what its doing.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Merry Christmas everybody on 13:08 - Dec 25 with 2698 viewsLoftgirl

Merry Christmas everybody on 12:50 - Dec 25 by aston_hoop

Merry Christmas All. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this site, as well as the QPR Pod and the couple of great new QPR content creators around are an absolute lifeline for expats like me to feel closer to the club and fanbase from afar. Heres to a better 2022 for everyone and for the club to just keep doing what its doing.

Amen to all that, from Brisbane.
Merry Christmas everybody on 13:09 - Dec 25 with 2697 viewsOldPedro

Merry Christmas everybody on 10:24 - Dec 25 by nix

Totally agree with this!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Merry Christmas everybody on 14:40 - Dec 25 with 2574 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Powerful post there Clive but you forgot to mention you give way more to our existence than we could ever dream of so thank you and keep it up we need your brilliance.
Shocking finish to the year with this curse called covid but we will stick together and defeat it
Merry Christmas to all and hopefully in 12 months getting ready to face Man City at our home stadium
Merry Christmas everybody on 15:41 - Dec 25 with 2512 viewscollegeranger

Merry Christmas - especially those isolating - my youngest is 13 and is in her bedroom - she did a LFT this morning as its Day 6 and it was still positive so she will have to waiting another day to see if she gets a first negative. She is so miserable and desperate to get out!
Merry Christmas everybody on 16:34 - Dec 25 with 2461 viewsWirralHoop

Merry Christmas Clive (thank you for all your hard work) and everyone else.

I’m not alone this year I’m in Rickmansworth with my parents. I know how it feels though last year I was stuck on The Wirral alone. Year before fractured ankle in NZ and finally admitted depression Christmas Eve 2018.

As a club though fingers crossed we have seen off the disease that ate into our club, shame it’s been followed by a pandemic.

On the pitch we have a team to be proud of again, they care, give their all and play some bloody good football at times.

Off the pitch we’re being lead be good people and heading in the right direction. The Community side of the club has always amazed me. I’ve done a tiny bit to help that with Tiger Feet Walks but it’s a drop in the ocean to what others do. Who thought the player’s wife’s and girlfriends would now even be doing their bit. A few years ago the players didn’t even care.

Stay strong if today’s a tough one, sorry I’ve waffled (bit of self assurance in there), but guess what all the above is saying is life can be a bugger but stick together as people and a club, be proud and things do get better.
Merry Christmas everybody on 17:32 - Dec 25 with 2387 viewsdanehoop

Hi Everyone,

Must confess that this is a somewhat stressful time at home with my autistic sons, but fortunately all now quietened down and everyone seems to now be happy. Thank you Clive for your amazing work in keeping the site going as a little bastion of light and amusement (mostly!) in such tough times.

Hope its gone well for you and yours and wishing you all a Merry Christmas.

Never knowingly understood

Merry Christmas everybody on 19:20 - Dec 25 with 2267 viewsDorse

Merry Christmas to my QPR family. Love you all*

* Non-sexually

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Merry Christmas everybody on 19:22 - Dec 25 with 2262 viewsjtuck

Chiming in from Los Angeles to endorse heartily all the sentiments above. Proud Patreon subscriber and 'lifeline' is the right word for this site keeping all us far flung Rangers fans in touch. Get well soon Clive and stay classy. Shout out to my brother, the best Rangers fan I know who you may know as '18 Stone of Hoop'. Happy Christmas all.

LAranger

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024