Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row 16:11 - Jan 28 with 9325 viewsStainrod

What is going on there? I Lost to the mighty Charlton today.

What does this say about our puppy farm? Lack of pedigree?

De Wijs was captaining the team - but I saw the second goal and there was no one within ten yards of the Charlton player to head home.

Appreciate at that level its not all about results, etc etc but is it enough to be constantly told "it was a good run-out"? Should this make us question just how good we are at developing good young talent, or is it that such talent is just not often selected in these fixtures?

I can't say I follow them closely to have an informed opinion but would be interested to hear from someone who follows them more closely.
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 08:38 - Feb 15 with 1270 viewswortonranger

Interesting selection yesterday. Dozzell, Thomas,Ball all played full game. Suggests no radical change for Millwall. Also 75 mins for McCallum. Expect to see him on Saturday.
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 09:38 - Feb 15 with 1105 viewsfrancisbowles

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 08:38 - Feb 15 by wortonranger

Interesting selection yesterday. Dozzell, Thomas,Ball all played full game. Suggests no radical change for Millwall. Also 75 mins for McCallum. Expect to see him on Saturday.

Also suggests that none of them will be needed on the bench and that we have 18 fit players without them, which should include Willock, PLEASE!
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 09:57 - Feb 15 with 1057 viewsBlue_Castello

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 00:49 - Feb 15 by joolsyp

There must be a video somewhere - I want to see the winning goal and the celebrations that followed! Can we not promote Kargbo to the first team?

On that subject where's Sinclair Armstrong at the moment, I know Torquay wanted his loan extended and we turned them down, so is he injured or have I missed him being loaned out again.
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 10:14 - Feb 15 with 1040 viewsdmm

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 09:57 - Feb 15 by Blue_Castello

On that subject where's Sinclair Armstrong at the moment, I know Torquay wanted his loan extended and we turned them down, so is he injured or have I missed him being loaned out again.

Sadly, Armstrong didn't get another loan this January. I doubt we'll see him in the first team this season. He played 8 games for National League Torquay scoring twice which is great, but he's not going to be ahead of Dykes, Austin or Gray.
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 11:35 - Feb 15 with 966 viewsMrSheen

Is Kargbo the 4-hooper who scored a couple pre-season?
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 11:46 - Feb 15 with 939 viewsCheshireR

Here are my observations from yesterday's somewhat hectic game (written initially for the Independent R's)

There were about 200 fans in attendance for this final group match in the U23 Premier League Cup game. A significant number of the Blackburn fans braving the cold to watch Rovers captain for the day, Bradley Dack, on his return from a longstanding injury. The scenario was that a win, draw or even a two goal defeat would be sufficient to see Blackburn progress. "All" QPR needed was a three goal winning margin.

The team-sheets revealed a strong QPR line including five players with first team experience, Dom Ball, Andre Dozzell, Sam Macallum, George Thomas and Joe Gubbins along with Faysal Bettache on the bench.

Not surprisingly QPR dominated the early possession and took the lead on 15 minutes when Kargbo headed a corner onto the unmarked Ajose, who nodded past a stranded keeper.

Rovers had offered no real threat at this point — so it was disappointing to see Bradley Dack score a simple equaliser, a few minutes later, from what was really their first attack of the match.

Rangers continued to have the majority of possession and Dom Ball forced a great save from the Rovers keeper following a neat passing move and centre forward Hamzad Kargbo was thwarted by the keepers legs just before half time.

We had certainly created some good chances during the first 45 minutes and probably deserved to be in front at the break, however the warning signs were evident that Blackburn were dangerous on the counter attack.

QPR started the 2nd Half with Faysal Bettache replacing right back Kayden Williams — Lowe. Rangers now playing with a back three and recent recruit Joseph Ajose taking up the Uncle Albert role of right wing back.

The midfield of Ball, Dozzell and Bettache then totally took over the game with Thomas and Mema providing some great movement to support Kargbo and creating plenty of problems for the home team.

The Rovers defence did really well to withstand this pressure with great blocks on goal-bound efforts from both Bettache and Thomas. Kargbo then had another shot blocked but the ball fell to Dozzell who calmly passed the ball into the net from about 15 yards out.

Rovers continued to look dangerous on the break with one shot hitting the crossbar and another breakaway resulting in a good save by Halwax who was ably assisted by wing back Ajose who had forced the Rovers man wide. This was now like a schoolboy game of attack and defence — absolutely great to watch and amazing that we got to 70 minutes with the scoreline at only 1.2

QPR increased their lead on 70 minutes when Kargbo latched onto a rebound from yet another blocked shot to make it 1.3

Any hopes of Rangers securing the required 3 goal advantage were almost immediately quashed when, two minutes later, Rovers headed home a second. 2.3

Armelindo Mema was now finding more space on the left hand side and scored a great goal on 81 minutes to make it 2.4 and then an even better strike on 89 minutes to put us 2.5 in front. (with the desired 3 goal advantage)

Brilliant — what could possibly go wrong from here? Four minutes of injury time were signalled and the match continued in the open style of the previous 90. Time was pretty much up on my watch when Rovers headed home their 3rd and surely now decisive goal. 3.5. The locals were understandably delighted as indeed were the Rovers players.

Undeterred Rangers got the ball from the restart and substitute Shiloh Remy took on two defenders and pulled a cross back from the by-line. He had done really well to get the cross away, but it looked as though he had over hit it. Thankfully Hamzad Kargbo didn’t think so. Under challenge from a defender, he met the ball beyond the far post and his thunderous header rocketed into the back of the net. Celebration time both on and off the pitch. The referee calling an end to a wonderful game as soon as the goal was scored.

A special mention to fellow QPR fan Bernard Lambert who had taken a series of buses to get to the game followed by a 3 mile walk in the Lancashire countryside. The very least I could do was drop him back home after the final whistle!
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 12:14 - Feb 15 with 885 viewsdmm

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 11:46 - Feb 15 by CheshireR

Here are my observations from yesterday's somewhat hectic game (written initially for the Independent R's)

There were about 200 fans in attendance for this final group match in the U23 Premier League Cup game. A significant number of the Blackburn fans braving the cold to watch Rovers captain for the day, Bradley Dack, on his return from a longstanding injury. The scenario was that a win, draw or even a two goal defeat would be sufficient to see Blackburn progress. "All" QPR needed was a three goal winning margin.

The team-sheets revealed a strong QPR line including five players with first team experience, Dom Ball, Andre Dozzell, Sam Macallum, George Thomas and Joe Gubbins along with Faysal Bettache on the bench.

Not surprisingly QPR dominated the early possession and took the lead on 15 minutes when Kargbo headed a corner onto the unmarked Ajose, who nodded past a stranded keeper.

Rovers had offered no real threat at this point — so it was disappointing to see Bradley Dack score a simple equaliser, a few minutes later, from what was really their first attack of the match.

Rangers continued to have the majority of possession and Dom Ball forced a great save from the Rovers keeper following a neat passing move and centre forward Hamzad Kargbo was thwarted by the keepers legs just before half time.

We had certainly created some good chances during the first 45 minutes and probably deserved to be in front at the break, however the warning signs were evident that Blackburn were dangerous on the counter attack.

QPR started the 2nd Half with Faysal Bettache replacing right back Kayden Williams — Lowe. Rangers now playing with a back three and recent recruit Joseph Ajose taking up the Uncle Albert role of right wing back.

The midfield of Ball, Dozzell and Bettache then totally took over the game with Thomas and Mema providing some great movement to support Kargbo and creating plenty of problems for the home team.

The Rovers defence did really well to withstand this pressure with great blocks on goal-bound efforts from both Bettache and Thomas. Kargbo then had another shot blocked but the ball fell to Dozzell who calmly passed the ball into the net from about 15 yards out.

Rovers continued to look dangerous on the break with one shot hitting the crossbar and another breakaway resulting in a good save by Halwax who was ably assisted by wing back Ajose who had forced the Rovers man wide. This was now like a schoolboy game of attack and defence — absolutely great to watch and amazing that we got to 70 minutes with the scoreline at only 1.2

QPR increased their lead on 70 minutes when Kargbo latched onto a rebound from yet another blocked shot to make it 1.3

Any hopes of Rangers securing the required 3 goal advantage were almost immediately quashed when, two minutes later, Rovers headed home a second. 2.3

Armelindo Mema was now finding more space on the left hand side and scored a great goal on 81 minutes to make it 2.4 and then an even better strike on 89 minutes to put us 2.5 in front. (with the desired 3 goal advantage)

Brilliant — what could possibly go wrong from here? Four minutes of injury time were signalled and the match continued in the open style of the previous 90. Time was pretty much up on my watch when Rovers headed home their 3rd and surely now decisive goal. 3.5. The locals were understandably delighted as indeed were the Rovers players.

Undeterred Rangers got the ball from the restart and substitute Shiloh Remy took on two defenders and pulled a cross back from the by-line. He had done really well to get the cross away, but it looked as though he had over hit it. Thankfully Hamzad Kargbo didn’t think so. Under challenge from a defender, he met the ball beyond the far post and his thunderous header rocketed into the back of the net. Celebration time both on and off the pitch. The referee calling an end to a wonderful game as soon as the goal was scored.

A special mention to fellow QPR fan Bernard Lambert who had taken a series of buses to get to the game followed by a 3 mile walk in the Lancashire countryside. The very least I could do was drop him back home after the final whistle!

Many thanks for your report. So much better than the offish. Good to hear Mema played well. The bits I've seen of him showed good promise.
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 12:22 - Feb 15 with 871 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 11:46 - Feb 15 by CheshireR

Thanks for the report, Cheshire.

MOTM Bernard Lambert!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 12:33 - Feb 15 with 844 viewsnix

Thanks Cheshire.

Absolutely love any news/reports on the U23s as we don't get an awful lot.

Sounded like a very entertaining game.
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 12:39 - Feb 15 with 829 viewsFrankRightguard

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 10:14 - Feb 15 by dmm

Sadly, Armstrong didn't get another loan this January. I doubt we'll see him in the first team this season. He played 8 games for National League Torquay scoring twice which is great, but he's not going to be ahead of Dykes, Austin or Gray.

I believe he is injured hence no loan
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024