Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row 16:11 - Jan 28 with 9326 viewsStainrod

What is going on there? I Lost to the mighty Charlton today.

What does this say about our puppy farm? Lack of pedigree?

De Wijs was captaining the team - but I saw the second goal and there was no one within ten yards of the Charlton player to head home.

Appreciate at that level its not all about results, etc etc but is it enough to be constantly told "it was a good run-out"? Should this make us question just how good we are at developing good young talent, or is it that such talent is just not often selected in these fixtures?

I can't say I follow them closely to have an informed opinion but would be interested to hear from someone who follows them more closely.
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 14:21 - Jan 29 with 3184 viewsderbyhoop

When you have a defence containing De Wijs, Gubbins qnd Hammelainnen and then start offering an opposition attacker 10 yards of space to score, then I'm not sure what they are learning from these games.
Sure, we have Kelman, Drewe and, now, Masterson out on loan. Bettache's loan spell at Oldham seems to have sent him backwards in terms of development. But are any of the others seriously pushing to step up to 1st team level. The results would indicate a large NO.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 14:24]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 14:41 - Jan 29 with 3134 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 04:22 - Jan 29 by Match82

"And during that time we have produced no first team talent. As a regular watcher, that doesn’t look like changing any time soon."

Wait, really?

They may not have all come through from the under 12s, but Eze, Dieng, Kakay, Chair have all come through in the last 2-3 years.

Which is more than we have produced in the 10 years before that combined

Eze joined QPR at 18. Chair joined when he was 19. Dieng arrived at QPR at 21. Of those 4 players you mention, only Kakay came through the academy before signing his first professional contract at 18.

QPR have undoubtedly improved at scouting and nurturing players who haven't quite made the grade at other clubs. However, there is definite room for improvement with regards to developing young players through the QPR academy. That being said, it can't be easy with the likes of Chelsea and Man City hoovering up and stockpiling young talent. Hopefully this will change when the rules kick in.
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 17:08 - Jan 29 with 3112 viewsed_83

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 08:17 - Jan 29 by 1JD

Chair is 24 and made his debut aged 19 - 5 years ago. He’s been regularly playing in our first team for nearly 3 seasons. Since he, Eze and Dieng broke through - all part of the same 23 team - the rest of the crop have not been good enough - as has been proven- nothing has come through since.

Bettache and Duke-McKenna were on the fringes of the first team at the end of last season, Sinclair Armstrong came off the bench this season, latter two are out on loan so should hopefully come back more equipped to push for a first-team place. Bit early to write them off!
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 17:55 - Jan 29 with 3085 views1JD

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 17:08 - Jan 29 by ed_83

Bettache and Duke-McKenna were on the fringes of the first team at the end of last season, Sinclair Armstrong came off the bench this season, latter two are out on loan so should hopefully come back more equipped to push for a first-team place. Bit early to write them off!

Nobody is writing off any of Bettache, SDM or Armstrong.
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 00:02 - Jan 30 with 2963 viewsSheffieldHoop

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 14:11 - Jan 29 by 1JD

None of the u18s have played for the 23s this year. The line up mostly consists of 21 and 20 year olds and often includes fringe players from the 1sts. Take for example our most recent game on Friday - we lost 3-1 to Charlton u23s but Hamalainen, Gubbins, DeWjis, Bettache, Alfa all played.

Meanwhile our u18s are currently bottom of the league and just got beat by second bottom Swansea by 5-0. For additional context, our u18s have finished bottom of the league for the last 2 seasons.

Yeah yeah yeah, but let's not let the facts cloud our judgment here

The club knows what's best

Long live the club.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 00:05 - Jan 30 with 2951 viewsSheffieldHoop

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 23:50 - Jan 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

We must be doing well when people need to go through 3 months of U23 fixtures to find faults with the club.

[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 23:54]

lmao
"7 defeats in a row"
"need to go through 3 months of U23 fixtures to find faults with the club"

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 14:24 - Feb 3 with 2884 viewsderbyhoop

If anybody reads the report on the B Team draw at Reading (1-1), it struck me that it was basically an U23 side, apart from Nico Hamalainnen and Dillon Barnes.
Given the lack of games, I would have thought the likes of Kakay, Ball, Dozzell and, possibly Hendrick would have featured.

But what do I know

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 15:04 - Feb 3 with 2814 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 14:41 - Jan 29 by Benny_the_Ball

Eze joined QPR at 18. Chair joined when he was 19. Dieng arrived at QPR at 21. Of those 4 players you mention, only Kakay came through the academy before signing his first professional contract at 18.

QPR have undoubtedly improved at scouting and nurturing players who haven't quite made the grade at other clubs. However, there is definite room for improvement with regards to developing young players through the QPR academy. That being said, it can't be easy with the likes of Chelsea and Man City hoovering up and stockpiling young talent. Hopefully this will change when the rules kick in.

"Hopefully this will change when the rules kick in."

Benny,

Are there rule changes due to come in?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 16:07 - Feb 3 with 2720 viewsSharpy36

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 15:04 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

"Hopefully this will change when the rules kick in."

Benny,

Are there rule changes due to come in?

I thought there was a rule in place that you could only take youngsters from within a certain mileage catchment area. Or am i being naive

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 22:47 - Feb 3 with 2570 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 16:07 - Feb 3 by Sharpy36

I thought there was a rule in place that you could only take youngsters from within a certain mileage catchment area. Or am i being naive

There was, Sharpy, but I think the big clubs got that scrapped.

No idea what the rules are now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 15:59 - Feb 14 with 2338 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 16:02 - Feb 14 with 2304 viewsMrSheen

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 15:59 - Feb 14 by aston_hoop

Under 23s? That lad looks like a Motorhead roadie.
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 16:17 - Feb 14 with 2218 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 16:02 - Feb 14 by MrSheen

Under 23s? That lad looks like a Motorhead roadie.

Bradley Dack isn't it?
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 16:30 - Feb 14 with 2180 viewsDannyPaddox

What an amazing result with a three goal swing needed. Fantastic achievement 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 16:42 - Feb 14 with 2130 viewsmikeygunn

5-2 up, Blackburn scored in the 96th minute then Kargbo got the winner in the 97th minute. Bet the lads went mental!! Well chuffed for them and into the next round now against much higher quality opposition
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 16:50 - Feb 14 with 2091 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 15:59 - Feb 14 by aston_hoop

Did either side play with keepers?
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 16:52 - Feb 14 with 2084 viewsderbyhoop

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 16:17 - Feb 14 by CroydonCaptJack

Bradley Dack isn't it?

Looks like somebody swallowed the real Bradley Dack😉

The last minute winner put them through to the next round, on goal difference, with all 4 teams finishing on 9 points.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 17:35]

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 17:27 - Feb 14 with 1955 viewsPinnerPaul

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 16:42 - Feb 14 by mikeygunn

5-2 up, Blackburn scored in the 96th minute then Kargbo got the winner in the 97th minute. Bet the lads went mental!! Well chuffed for them and into the next round now against much higher quality opposition

We did have a fair sprinkling of '1st teamers' playing in this one though

QPR XI: Halwax, Willimas-Lowe (Bettache 45’), Carlyle, Gubbins, McCallum (Domi 75’), Dozzell, Ball, Mema, Thomas, Ajose (Remy 80’), Kargbo
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 17:53 - Feb 14 with 1863 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Bettache is here? Thought he was on loan.

Man, our midfield is crowded.
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 18:05 - Feb 14 with 1835 viewsMrSheen

Is Remy eligible for the play-offs?
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 18:12 - Feb 14 with 1793 viewsdublinr

Enough of this joke now, please, please, please

First time back on here since the final whistle on Saturday, still too fragile for fekking Remy and the play offs
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 18:14]

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 19:01 - Feb 14 with 1693 viewsDannytheR

I preferred it when the U-23s lost every week and the actual first team won.
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 20:45 - Feb 14 with 1508 viewsMatch82

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 17:27 - Feb 14 by PinnerPaul

We did have a fair sprinkling of '1st teamers' playing in this one though

QPR XI: Halwax, Willimas-Lowe (Bettache 45’), Carlyle, Gubbins, McCallum (Domi 75’), Dozzell, Ball, Mema, Thomas, Ajose (Remy 80’), Kargbo

I mean they had Bradley Dack playing, not like they were running out just a bunch of 17 year Olds...
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 00:49 - Feb 15 with 1283 viewsjoolsyp

There must be a video somewhere - I want to see the winning goal and the celebrations that followed! Can we not promote Kargbo to the first team?
Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 04:34 - Feb 15 with 1242 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Under 23s - 7 defeats in a row on 16:50 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Did either side play with keepers?

Sounds like they were playing three-and-in and as per usual, the fat kids get put in goal first.

Clearly our tubby was better then their two tubbiest.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024