Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report 22:31 - Feb 13 with 3773 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57048
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 23:06 - Feb 13 with 3599 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive for the report. I'm sure no-one would have blamed you if you "phoned in sick" on this one.

The title alone tells the story. I really must learn to place a very hefty bet on the opposition to win in similar scenarios. At least then I'd be able to drown my sorrows in style and have plenty of change left to fund an even bigger bet for our next Lloyd Doyley match.
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 06:04 - Feb 14 with 3268 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I thought Dickie kept us in the game at times, even if his rampaging didn’t happen. Selective memory from me maybe.

The geezer with the dog, what was going on there? We saw him on the concourse but wondered if it was a working dog or not.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 6:06]
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 07:22 - Feb 14 with 3192 viewsPaddyhoops

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 06:04 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought Dickie kept us in the game at times, even if his rampaging didn’t happen. Selective memory from me maybe.

The geezer with the dog, what was going on there? We saw him on the concourse but wondered if it was a working dog or not.

It was grim up North. I'd still back us to get a result against Millwall. Warburton doesn't do six match losing streaks.
Mind you I predicted a 2.0 win at Barnsley so what do I know!!
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 09:19 - Feb 14 with 2942 viewsngbqpr

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 06:04 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agreed, I thought Dickie was ok.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 09:44 - Feb 14 with 2886 viewsQPROslo

I thought Moses was one of our best on the day. He was usually our only outlet and seemed to have some confidence back, had the beating of their back and got some ok crosses in. Defended well too, and made just 2 mistakes I remember one of which lead to the goal, though a few others were at fault for that both before and after his involvement. He has the speed we need, can play both sides, and combined well with Uncle the last minutes when he went RB and Albert RW, and which lead to that last minute chance Barbet set up for Dykes.

The other positive for me was Field again who seemed to be tackling all over the pitch.
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 10:03 - Feb 14 with 2833 viewsdaveB

The whole performance was really lacklustre, no urgency all game.

None of Dykes/Austin or Gray are playing well and their movement isn't great but we really don't create any chances for them. I don't know if it's the forwards movement thats the problem or the final ball, feels like a combination of both. Gray had one chance at the weekend and though it was a poor pass to him anyway, Dykes had 2 one of which he should have scored. It's been this way for a while now and is an area we really need to improve on.

To be honest the highlight of the day was watching Naked Gun with my son on the train home
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 10:04]
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 10:11 - Feb 14 with 2799 viewsBazzeR

Moses also did ok for me,could have been braver to take his man on more often instead of passing backwards but the same comment could be levelled at other players on the day.
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 10:16 - Feb 14 with 2773 viewsdaveB

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 09:44 - Feb 14 by QPROslo

I thought Moses was one of our best on the day. He was usually our only outlet and seemed to have some confidence back, had the beating of their back and got some ok crosses in. Defended well too, and made just 2 mistakes I remember one of which lead to the goal, though a few others were at fault for that both before and after his involvement. He has the speed we need, can play both sides, and combined well with Uncle the last minutes when he went RB and Albert RW, and which lead to that last minute chance Barbet set up for Dykes.

The other positive for me was Field again who seemed to be tackling all over the pitch.

I thought he was awful to be honest, error prone all day and his crossing was diabolical
Login to get fewer ads

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 10:33 - Feb 14 with 2703 viewsBurnleyhoop

Whilst he may have some pace and physicality, his decision making, positional awareness and passing accuracy is no where near what is required. Kakay has similar weaknesses. Why do you think we are using a 34 year old winger as first choice more often than not in that position?
To accommodate the introduction of Adomah in the second half we moved Odubajo across to the left hand side of the pitch to facilitate the removal of our other 34 year old wing back who is now also struggling.

With seventeen games to go, the effectiveness of our wing backs is likely to be crucial, along with the inclusion of Willock.

A tough run in awaits.
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 11:36 - Feb 14 with 2584 viewsTheChef

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 10:03 - Feb 14 by daveB

The whole performance was really lacklustre, no urgency all game.

None of Dykes/Austin or Gray are playing well and their movement isn't great but we really don't create any chances for them. I don't know if it's the forwards movement thats the problem or the final ball, feels like a combination of both. Gray had one chance at the weekend and though it was a poor pass to him anyway, Dykes had 2 one of which he should have scored. It's been this way for a while now and is an area we really need to improve on.

To be honest the highlight of the day was watching Naked Gun with my son on the train home
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 10:04]

We all know that playing with two strikers doesn't seem to work for us, yet Warburton will still try it out.

I'd rather keep faith in Dykes (fitness permitting) as the lone striker - actually I thought his hold up play against Boro was some of the best I've seen from him, added to his goals against Reading. And as mentioned elsewhere, if Illy or Willy are unavailable then select an additional midfielder a) to give us more solidity and b) who can still get forward with some pace to support Dykes (e.g. Amos).

Dozzell has been absent too, not sure why, I think his win ratio per games played is pretty good?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 12:06 - Feb 14 with 2523 viewsdaveB

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 11:36 - Feb 14 by TheChef

We all know that playing with two strikers doesn't seem to work for us, yet Warburton will still try it out.

I'd rather keep faith in Dykes (fitness permitting) as the lone striker - actually I thought his hold up play against Boro was some of the best I've seen from him, added to his goals against Reading. And as mentioned elsewhere, if Illy or Willy are unavailable then select an additional midfielder a) to give us more solidity and b) who can still get forward with some pace to support Dykes (e.g. Amos).

Dozzell has been absent too, not sure why, I think his win ratio per games played is pretty good?

Dozzell has been pretty poor since the turn of the year when he has played. It's a difficult one as we did win the 3 away games on the spin with 2 up front so it can work although completely agree we look better with the extra midfield player
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 12:07 - Feb 14 with 2515 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Moses seemed to suffer from the Barnsley press more than most. Kept losing possession high up the pitch and just couldn't get back to deal with the counter.

As others have said, lack of midfielders made this look worse.
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 15:12 - Feb 14 with 2138 viewsBklynRanger

A good, suitably cantankerous report. I felt bad about wasting a tenner and three decent ciders on it, so can only imagine the mood among people who spent a load of money and time to traipse up there.

It's begun to cross my mind that at times Warbs may still be asking players to do things that they're not quite in the bracket of being able to do. When he was struggling at the beginning with us that was the one clear criticism I had. Whether unfounded or not, to be honest I don't know. But is he, at this other end of the table, expecting players to step into roles and positions that they can only really do when they're playing at their best, and finding himself, and us, disappointed when that doesn't happen? No idea.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 15:17]
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 15:39 - Feb 14 with 2072 viewsE17hoop

Spot on about Gray. I checked on whoscored - https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1553922/Live/England-Championship-2021-2022-Ba - and Gray touched the ball 12 times. Dykes was twice that and Austin managed half a dozen in 20 minutes.

And yes, Dunne had over 120 touches of the ball - pretty much all sideways.

Gray was awful. Play one up top and put Amos behind. It's the only way.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 17:56 - Feb 14 with 1861 viewsParkRoyalR

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 15:39 - Feb 14 by E17hoop

Spot on about Gray. I checked on whoscored - https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1553922/Live/England-Championship-2021-2022-Ba - and Gray touched the ball 12 times. Dykes was twice that and Austin managed half a dozen in 20 minutes.

And yes, Dunne had over 120 touches of the ball - pretty much all sideways.

Gray was awful. Play one up top and put Amos behind. It's the only way.

Noticeable how less adventurous Dickie and Barbie are when receiving a pass from Dunne than earlier in the season.

Following soft goals against Peterboro and Derby due to turning over possession in this area, seems more cautious approach has resulted in less goals conceded and more points gained.

This approach works well when we take our chances (which we did'nt Saturday) or our best XI are fully fit (SJ) and on the pitch (Willock) and we can play our best formation (one up-top) which was'nt the case Saturday.

So was disappointed Barbet in particular and Dickie did'nt step into the space and travel forward and want and do more with the ball, just seemed too easy to play the ball to Moses (and Adomah when he came on) and leave all responsibility to them.

Still confident in our best starting XI and one up-top when Willock plays, so hopefully can get back to winning ways at Millwall.
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 20:15 - Feb 14 with 1672 viewsNorthernr

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 17:56 - Feb 14 by ParkRoyalR

Noticeable how less adventurous Dickie and Barbie are when receiving a pass from Dunne than earlier in the season.

Following soft goals against Peterboro and Derby due to turning over possession in this area, seems more cautious approach has resulted in less goals conceded and more points gained.

This approach works well when we take our chances (which we did'nt Saturday) or our best XI are fully fit (SJ) and on the pitch (Willock) and we can play our best formation (one up-top) which was'nt the case Saturday.

So was disappointed Barbet in particular and Dickie did'nt step into the space and travel forward and want and do more with the ball, just seemed too easy to play the ball to Moses (and Adomah when he came on) and leave all responsibility to them.

Still confident in our best starting XI and one up-top when Willock plays, so hopefully can get back to winning ways at Millwall.

Exactly the game I saw.
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 21:03 - Feb 14 with 1583 viewsJamesB1979

The only positive from recent rubbish is to have a Clive grumpy/annoyed match report. Looking forward to a similar veined Millwall match preview.
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 08:46 - Feb 15 with 1264 viewswestberksr

was stuck (well not really stuck, having a lovely weekend in Lisbon) without viewing access and when I finally got a signal and saw 1-0 with about 10 to go; the "oh ffs" I let out did get strange looks from several other tables of diners.

Merely a raised eyebrow from gf and a "I thought you said that lot were sh it?" - she clearly stopped listening as I had then further explained Swindon, Rotherham etc so then had to educate her once more in the ways of QPR! She regrets the comment now.

good report of a crap day; thanks Clive
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 10:04 - Feb 15 with 1181 viewsE17hoop

Orange is Barnsley, blue is QPR.

Why is there a gaping hole in touches in the centre of the attack for us?

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 10:27 - Feb 15 with 1153 viewsdaveB

I'm pretty sure he's brought his dog to a few home games this season as well, there was a dog in the row in front of us for the Blackburn game earlier this season. I think it's a working dog
That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 10:41 - Feb 15 with 1134 viewsTheChef

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 10:27 - Feb 15 by daveB

I'm pretty sure he's brought his dog to a few home games this season as well, there was a dog in the row in front of us for the Blackburn game earlier this season. I think it's a working dog

Has he got a CV?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 10:42 - Feb 15 with 1130 viewsE17hoop

That Lloyd Doyley match report again — Report on 10:27 - Feb 15 by daveB

It's a support dog - he was on the coach with it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024