Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
utility bill just arrived 11:20 - Feb 9 with 10759 viewsenfieldargh

£480 per month up from £180 per month

That's almost the cost of my 60+ season ticket in one month

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

utility bill just arrived on 11:43 - Feb 9 with 5028 viewsstowmarketrange

That’s disgusting.Is that gas and electric,or just electric?
utility bill just arrived on 11:50 - Feb 9 with 4987 viewsenfieldargh

both

captains fantastic

utility bill just arrived on 11:55 - Feb 9 with 4957 viewsBklynRanger

That is shocking. Are you living in a castle?!
utility bill just arrived on 12:10 - Feb 9 with 4846 viewsTacticalR

Enormous energy bill price rises were predicted, but not as enormous as enfieldargh's (over 250%):

Energy bills could rise by 50% amid ‘national crisis’ of soaring UK prices
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/23/energy-bills-could-rise-by-50-a

British households face record 54% energy bill rise as price cap is raised
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/feb/03/uk-households-face-record-54-energ

enfieldargh, is your bill estimated or based on actual use?

Air hostess clique

utility bill just arrived on 12:16 - Feb 9 with 4813 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought the price rises weren’t until April? Have you checked your readings? See how they compare to last months.

I’ve had mine through from British Gas and it’s actually £16 less than the same bill in 2021. Probably because I’ve been using the heating less this year, mostly just in the mornings.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

utility bill just arrived on 12:25 - Feb 9 with 4763 viewsstowmarketrange

utility bill just arrived on 12:10 - Feb 9 by TacticalR

Enormous energy bill price rises were predicted, but not as enormous as enfieldargh's (over 250%):

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/23/energy-bills-could-rise-by-50-a

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/feb/03/uk-households-face-record-54-energ

Is it true that French energy bills are only set to rise by 4% rather than the 54% in the UK?
Or is it just another rumour going around?If it’s true,why are they not being clobbered by their energy companies?
utility bill just arrived on 12:32 - Feb 9 with 4719 viewsMaggsinho

utility bill just arrived on 12:25 - Feb 9 by stowmarketrange

Is it true that French energy bills are only set to rise by 4% rather than the 54% in the UK?
Or is it just another rumour going around?If it’s true,why are they not being clobbered by their energy companies?

It's true, the French government have forced them to keep the price down.
utility bill just arrived on 12:33 - Feb 9 with 4709 viewsenfieldargh

utility bill just arrived on 12:10 - Feb 9 by TacticalR

Estimated.

I got moved from Green to Shell Energy who just posted $14 billion profits for last year.

I will supply metre readings for them.

Just a regular 3 bed semi, all kids moved out and I'm like scrooge when turning lights on etc.

I've just read on the bill that this bill will be higher as they have based the charge from usage by previous supplier.

18 months or so ago I was erroneously switched from one supplier to another(had no idea). Had to fight like crazy for compensation which was hardly worth while but it did mean that no payments were made to anyone for 4 months giving me a whopping bill to pay just before Christmas 2020

captains fantastic

Login to get fewer ads

utility bill just arrived on 12:37 - Feb 9 with 4692 viewsstowmarketrange

utility bill just arrived on 12:32 - Feb 9 by Maggsinho

It's true, the French government have forced them to keep the price down.

So not so many greedy b@stards in the French government as we have then?Or maybe ours have to look after their friends in the city or they won’t be offered a consultancy job in the future?
utility bill just arrived on 12:47 - Feb 9 with 4626 viewsted_hendrix

I'm with Scottish Power, my contract for gas and electric was due to end at the end of November 2021 my SO was £85.00 per Month. (I was always in credit).
I've signed up for 2 Years *fixed rate* from December 2021 at a Monthly cost of £151.90 (SO).
Word of warning when using the internet back in November to get the best prices each and every site said do not change supplier at this time, I can only gather that was due to energy Companies going pop at the time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

utility bill just arrived on 12:47 - Feb 9 with 4627 viewstimeforheroes

utility bill just arrived on 12:37 - Feb 9 by stowmarketrange

So not so many greedy b@stards in the French government as we have then?Or maybe ours have to look after their friends in the city or they won’t be offered a consultancy job in the future?

EDF are nationalised so the government have that power. They also made £106m in profit in 2020 in the UK. RATP, another state owned company also make money operating London buses for us.

Nationalisation for UK now!
utility bill just arrived on 12:52 - Feb 9 with 4584 viewsplasmahoop

The other thing with France is that they get a large portion of their energy from nuclear power. We have allowed our nuclear power to decline, and we rely on imports for our gas. Its a problem that's been building up for years as governments have just stuck their head in the sand. I really think we should have done fracking, as we would have had our own supplies of natural gas rather than relying on the international market. But at the first sign of protests the government backed off. So this is the result
utility bill just arrived on 12:59 - Feb 9 with 4540 viewsstowmarketrange

utility bill just arrived on 12:47 - Feb 9 by timeforheroes

EDF are nationalised so the government have that power. They also made £106m in profit in 2020 in the UK. RATP, another state owned company also make money operating London buses for us.

Nationalisation for UK now!

Why should energy cost more in different countries?Surely it should cost more to supply a country the size of France compared to the UK? And why should it all be linked to our ability to pay?Or not in the case of millions of our citizens?

I will certainly be boycotting shell and bp garages in the future,unless I have no choice.I know that they’re probably all in it together,but that doesn’t make it right for them to be manipulating the prices just to increase their profits.See how much they want to invest when their profits plummet.
utility bill just arrived on 13:00 - Feb 9 with 4533 viewsEsox_Lucius

You're just reaping one of the innumerable benefits of an oven ready Brexit deal.

The grass is always greener.

utility bill just arrived on 13:00 - Feb 9 with 4532 viewslosethedrum

utility bill just arrived on 12:37 - Feb 9 by stowmarketrange

This is all part of the forthcoming "leveling up " policy it works in much the same way as "trickle down " did .
So the rich get much richer & we are pretty much guaranteed that the rest of us will pretty soon also reap the benefits of the massive profits the energy companies are taking .
utility bill just arrived on 13:04 - Feb 9 with 4500 viewsCincyHoop

BP recorded their highest profit in 8 years yesterday, not to add fuel to the fire or anything.
utility bill just arrived on 13:06 - Feb 9 with 4489 viewsstowmarketrange

utility bill just arrived on 13:00 - Feb 9 by Esox_Lucius

You're just reaping one of the innumerable benefits of an oven ready Brexit deal.

We can’t even afford to switch the oven on any more.
utility bill just arrived on 13:11 - Feb 9 with 4446 viewsEsox_Lucius

utility bill just arrived on 13:06 - Feb 9 by stowmarketrange

We can’t even afford to switch the oven on any more.

"He's one of our own, he's one of our own. Rishi Sunak, he's one of our own".
I wish I could claim £3,800 on expenses for heating my stables too.
The country is bent in half, pants down and getting properly fücked by this shambles in power.

utility bill just arrived on 13:18 - Feb 9 with 4412 viewsflynnbo

utility bill just arrived on 12:33 - Feb 9 by enfieldargh

Estimated.

I got moved from Green to Shell Energy who just posted $14 billion profits for last year.

I will supply metre readings for them.

Just a regular 3 bed semi, all kids moved out and I'm like scrooge when turning lights on etc.

I've just read on the bill that this bill will be higher as they have based the charge from usage by previous supplier.

18 months or so ago I was erroneously switched from one supplier to another(had no idea). Had to fight like crazy for compensation which was hardly worth while but it did mean that no payments were made to anyone for 4 months giving me a whopping bill to pay just before Christmas 2020

I was with Pure Planet who went out of business and were taken over by Shell Energy. I've been suppying regular meter readings and haven't yet had my new bill.
utility bill just arrived on 13:33 - Feb 9 with 4326 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I wouldnt be fixing at these current high rates. I'm sure the utilities will en our age it but sit with the variable until this dies down a bit.
utility bill just arrived on 13:54 - Feb 9 with 4222 viewsSonofpugwash

Scandalous rises.They've shunted us onto British Gas because Together Energy seem to be going to the wall.
Switching to LPG gas for hot water and cooking and seriously exploring solar panels and a small(5kw) wind turbine to get us 90% off grid in two years.It's an expensive process.
Lend us a tenner.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

utility bill just arrived on 14:02 - Feb 9 with 4176 viewsEsox_Lucius

utility bill just arrived on 13:54 - Feb 9 by Sonofpugwash

Scandalous rises.They've shunted us onto British Gas because Together Energy seem to be going to the wall.
Switching to LPG gas for hot water and cooking and seriously exploring solar panels and a small(5kw) wind turbine to get us 90% off grid in two years.It's an expensive process.
Lend us a tenner.

With an inverter and controller you'd be looking at over £10k investment right now. With the smart export guarantee rate around 5p per kW you'd be looking at approx 18-20 year payback. Well worth doing if you are under 50 years old. There would be an extra cost for fitting a 5kW battery or two as storage for calm days. I don't have any costing for that.

utility bill just arrived on 14:12 - Feb 9 with 4129 viewsShotKneesHoop

I paid £320 for 1,000 litres of heating oil last summer, Ive just reordered another 1,000 litres and it was delivered this week at £650, that’s a 100 % increase in 7 months. FMOB. There’s no support from the government on oil, and my electricity has gone up from £48 a month to £75 monthly direct debit! And that’s before the sodding new protected rate kicks in after April. Grim times ahead, must go and kick the cat!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 14:24]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

utility bill just arrived on 14:24 - Feb 9 with 4080 viewsSonofpugwash

utility bill just arrived on 14:02 - Feb 9 by Esox_Lucius

With an inverter and controller you'd be looking at over £10k investment right now. With the smart export guarantee rate around 5p per kW you'd be looking at approx 18-20 year payback. Well worth doing if you are under 50 years old. There would be an extra cost for fitting a 5kW battery or two as storage for calm days. I don't have any costing for that.

Since we've got a bit of land we can do a ground based solar array,just scaffolding poles.We're not going for a grid tie system just for own consumption.Something like eight grand with the inverter and batteries,maybe up to ten grand.Creative use of the output should take care of big ticket items like washing machine,tumble dryer(essential).
Then I can tell Scottish Power they can stick their leccy pole - sideways.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

utility bill just arrived on 14:31 - Feb 9 with 4028 viewsthemodfather

if i had a home with an old fire place i would open it up and burn wood, paper the lot, it is a con to get our money back that they think people saved during lockdown ( no commuting etc) and they can sod the environment guilt trip . anyone else think it odd BOJO met british gas heads a week before smaller suppliers went bust? then talk of hikes began??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024