Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... 19:21 - Feb 25 with 32085 viewsqpr_1968

1-0 rangers

and a home defeat at bournemouth by stoke will see us go second.

not going tomorrow, got a retirement do in the acton vale club.
but will be there in spirit.....and if we win, will be spirit in me....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 23:16 - Feb 26 with 1536 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 22:41 - Feb 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

"We spoke about that but the manager was happy with what he had.....that wasn't a position he felt he wanted to add to in terms of his squad."

Happy with what he had yet doesn't play a striker in a crunch game like today, then we sit back and wait for the inevitable to happen. Feel for those who went today - I've only been to one of the poor recent away 'performances' and I didn't have too far to get back; must be particularly galling to go all the way up there for a 12.30 kick-off and watch that dross. Fair play to them all.

As I said, Warburton is not a sacred cow. Plenty of other clubs 'punching above their weight' this season - look at Huddersfield and Luton, for instance. My feeling is he's doing exactly what he did at Brentford - his intransigence regarding transfers is costing us a shot at the play-offs.

As i said, i don’t disagree with your assessment of today necessarily, in fact, neither does MW judging by his comments. But stop saying he refused to sign a player. Its not true, Chemical Wegerle.

Bare bones.

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 11:28 - Feb 27 with 1271 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Just a few observations from watching the game last night

Referee was appalling and gave every decision to Blackburn and allowed them to get away with fouls without any punishment.

We started very slowly and probably deserved to be losing before taking control for around 10 minutes around the half hour mark
Not easy but missed chances by Albert and Chair

I thought the defence stood up well

Changing keeper at half time was not helpful although Marshall did make a few decent saves.

Should he have saved the goal though? (that was never a foul by McCallum - referee was a shocker)

Johansen misplaced the ball a lot which was disappointing

I though Hendrick played well as did Dunne
Dieng did well until he went off - I was surprised he went off as he didn't look injured?

Anyway having more time between games over the next month or so will help - but we need to start going for it again - we (manager and or players) seem to have lost our nerve or teams have found us out.

Let's hope we can bounce back starting this week.

Edit also worried about Willock recently he has not been playing well and his body language is less positive. Not sure what's going on? Maybe he does not like the change in formation - it certainly did not suit him against Blackburn.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 11:39]
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 17:14 - Feb 27 with 1175 viewsPinnerPaul

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:17 - Feb 26 by stainrods_elbow

It's not just about today, obviously - it's a pattern or poverty we saw against Peterborough, Barnsley, Millwall, the first half v Hull, and for most of today's game. Evidently, sometimes we will lose, deservedly or otherwise. I think you're burying your head in the sand.

Not really, we've been poor.

But conspiracy theories because we lose to teams below us - it happens every week, in every league?

Don't know about my head, but you need to lift yours up and look around you.

Defeat is part of sport, its not exclusive to us!
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 18:10 - Mar 1 with 985 viewsstainrods_elbow

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 17:14 - Feb 27 by PinnerPaul

Not really, we've been poor.

But conspiracy theories because we lose to teams below us - it happens every week, in every league?

Don't know about my head, but you need to lift yours up and look around you.

Defeat is part of sport, its not exclusive to us!

You obviously didn/'t/don't read what I actually write, so maybe just go away and have a word with yourself, eh?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 09:06 - Mar 2 with 836 viewsPinnerPaul

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 18:10 - Mar 1 by stainrods_elbow

You obviously didn/'t/don't read what I actually write, so maybe just go away and have a word with yourself, eh?

Wasn't you who said that the club 'didn't want to go up' and that the players had 'lost their bottle' then?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 9:11]
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 19:41 - Mar 2 with 736 viewsstainrods_elbow

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 09:06 - Mar 2 by PinnerPaul

Wasn't you who said that the club 'didn't want to go up' and that the players had 'lost their bottle' then?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 9:11]

The first part - yes, that was me, engaging in a bit of rhetorical provication if you will. I was talking about your accusation that I somehow feel QPR shouldn't 'do' defeats (which I don't, obviously). Even if I still think the performance at Barnsley and Millwall were unprofessional, shoddy and 'beneath us'.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024