Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... 19:21 - Feb 25 with 32660 viewsqpr_1968

1-0 rangers

and a home defeat at bournemouth by stoke will see us go second.

not going tomorrow, got a retirement do in the acton vale club.
but will be there in spirit.....and if we win, will be spirit in me....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:22 - Feb 26 with 1708 viewsR_from_afar

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:47 - Feb 26 by stainrods_elbow

I seriously wonder what's going on behind the scenes after Barnsley, Peterborough, Millwall and what we saw today - I just can't work it out. Notwithstanding the Blackpool game, It's as if we're doing all we can to piss away the playoffs. The whisper that Warburton deliberately subverted the acquisition of a striker is also really worrying to me, and a big black mark against his judgment. I suspect, hand on heart, the movers and shakers at the club don't really want or believe promotion is possible. On the evidence of what I'm seeing, I'm expecting us to be 9th or 10th a month from now.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 14:49]

Look, we're all frustrated, disappointed and down about that result but it's ludicrous to suggest our movers and shakers don't really want promotion. As we all know, they are having to put in over £1m a month to keep us afloat.

Why on earth would they not want to go up and vastly improve our financial position in the process?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:24 - Feb 26 with 1674 viewsManinBlack

It's as if we suddenly realised we might get promoted and suddenly got cold feet. When you see Leeds concede 14 goals in 3 games you wonder how we would fare.

We have gone from scoring in every away game to suddenly losing four away in a row without scoring or even really threatening to do so. Looking at the way the teams below us are on winning runs we seem to be heading for mid table. However I note Barnsley already two up against Boro and Bournemouth losing.

Anyway today was normal in that we always lose in Blackburn year after year and when live on Sky we put on a typical dull away performance for the cameras which has people scratching their heads how we were third.

Blackburn get their first goal in 6 games or third in 10 if you prefer. We just keep on giving to those in need of a pick me up.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:29 - Feb 26 with 1652 viewsDamo1962

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:28 - Feb 26 by Superhoop83

Just abject.

Honestly think we will drift down to 8th or 9th.

Agree. Our away performances especially, have nose-dived alarmingly. Got what we deserved by what I saw. Johansen needs to be dropped, as he is offering nothing. Barbet MOTM for me.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 17:18]
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:29 - Feb 26 with 1633 viewsstainrods_elbow

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:15 - Feb 26 by nix

Wow some of you take negativity to new lows. Almost revelling in losses. Never hear more from you than when we lose. A load of moaning Malcolms.

Throwing in the towel already when we're still in the play offs. Never happier than when they're coating out someone who's having a bad run of games or the manager when his strategy doesn't produce a win.

We've only had one striker available for the match and he's not the running around type so I can see why we went for this formation. It was the team as a whole that wasn't firing. Losing the ball in defence and midfield, Field unfairly booked early on so he had to rein himself in. Marshall with an uncharacteristic mistake for their goal.

Warbs made a decision not to get a striker. We don't know who was available. We have looked leggy in midfield so I can understand why he wanted Hendrick.

Yes it's disappointing, but given that a large percentage of our managers have never won at Blackburn, not a massive shock, especially as we only had basically half a day to prepare and probably no training sessions at all. Some of you meed a whole box of grips.

I'd say it's you who's the defeatist after a stupid post like that. We've never won at Blackburn, so why is anyone surprised we lost today!? Seriously? Get a grip yourself!

Just to provide context, we were playing for 2nd, they hadn't scored in 9 hours of football, and we have as much time to train, taking the season as a whole, as any other club. You need to stop making excuses, Warburton-style, and, like he needs to, look at why the team is not delivering.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:34 - Feb 26 with 1586 viewsParkRoyalR

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:15 - Feb 26 by Burnleyhoop

Just back. Amazing away support. Absolute abject performance. Dickie, Adomah, Field, Johansen , Chair and Willock had shockers. Others not much better.

McCallum looked the best of the bunch on his 10 minutes on the pitch.

Gray had two decent shooting opportunities but failed to pull the trigger on both.

Neither side looked promotion material.

The picture on the front of “ a kick up the R’s” fanzine sums it up perfectly.

McCallum held back from a 50/50 tackle in move that led to goal and then got too close and gave Ref option of giving that free-kick.

Field no way deserves to be in list below, thought he was pick of bunch closely followed by Dunne + Hendrick.

For those who continually overload on Dykes and don't understand his role in Warburton's plan, maybe after today and Wednesday, the penny might be dropping!
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:40 - Feb 26 with 1514 viewsstainrods_elbow

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:22 - Feb 26 by R_from_afar

Look, we're all frustrated, disappointed and down about that result but it's ludicrous to suggest our movers and shakers don't really want promotion. As we all know, they are having to put in over £1m a month to keep us afloat.

Why on earth would they not want to go up and vastly improve our financial position in the process?

I possibly should have included, or substituted, the players and managment team for the directors. How else do you explain what seems to be a clear failure of nerve as we approach the business end of the season? 'Cold feet', as another poster astutely put it, seems very much the phrase to conjure with.

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:45 - Feb 26 with 1479 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:44 - Feb 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

It's a very average league this season and we had a decent chance of going up which has now gone. Turning down signing a striker in the window was a shocking decision. With our remaining fixtures, we will be dropping like a stone.

What's your info on turning down the striker? I hadn't heard that.

Bare bones.

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:51 - Feb 26 with 1439 viewsRangersw12

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:15 - Feb 26 by nix

Wow some of you take negativity to new lows. Almost revelling in losses. Never hear more from you than when we lose. A load of moaning Malcolms.

Throwing in the towel already when we're still in the play offs. Never happier than when they're coating out someone who's having a bad run of games or the manager when his strategy doesn't produce a win.

We've only had one striker available for the match and he's not the running around type so I can see why we went for this formation. It was the team as a whole that wasn't firing. Losing the ball in defence and midfield, Field unfairly booked early on so he had to rein himself in. Marshall with an uncharacteristic mistake for their goal.

Warbs made a decision not to get a striker. We don't know who was available. We have looked leggy in midfield so I can understand why he wanted Hendrick.

Yes it's disappointing, but given that a large percentage of our managers have never won at Blackburn, not a massive shock, especially as we only had basically half a day to prepare and probably no training sessions at all. Some of you meed a whole box of grips.

Agree 100%

I'm done on here for the day and getting stuck into the Gin
Login to get fewer ads

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:54 - Feb 26 with 1422 viewsnix

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:45 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

What's your info on turning down the striker? I hadn't heard that.

Les said Warbs had turned down the offer of a new striker as he was happy with what he had. BUT we don't know who was available. I can understand why he went for a midfielder to provide some experience if Stef isn't playing. He always says he'll only take someone if they're better than what we've got already.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:59 - Feb 26 with 1377 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:54 - Feb 26 by nix

Les said Warbs had turned down the offer of a new striker as he was happy with what he had. BUT we don't know who was available. I can understand why he went for a midfielder to provide some experience if Stef isn't playing. He always says he'll only take someone if they're better than what we've got already.

well that passed me by totally. Who did he turn down? When? Or did les say there was money if he wanted it that coule be spent on a forward? Because that is a completely different kettle of haddock.

Bare bones.

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:01 - Feb 26 with 1353 viewsflynnbo

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:59 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

well that passed me by totally. Who did he turn down? When? Or did les say there was money if he wanted it that coule be spent on a forward? Because that is a completely different kettle of haddock.

There's an interview with Les about it somewhere online.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ferdinand-explains-why-qpr-didnt-sign-a-stri
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 16:06]
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:03 - Feb 26 with 1339 viewsPinnerPaul

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:33 - Feb 26 by JAPRANGERS

Possibily down to 7th if Sheff and Huddersfield win.

Calm down.

Huddersfield winning 2-0 , Sheff Utd drawing and we're still 4th.

Oh that God awful team, Barnsley, worst in the league are beating the unbeatable Middlesbrough 2-0.

We're still in there fighting.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:04 - Feb 26 with 1327 viewsflynnbo

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:03 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

Calm down.

Huddersfield winning 2-0 , Sheff Utd drawing and we're still 4th.

Oh that God awful team, Barnsley, worst in the league are beating the unbeatable Middlesbrough 2-0.

We're still in there fighting.

Currently 5th but take your general point.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:08 - Feb 26 with 1295 viewsPinnerPaul

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:41 - Feb 26 by Jigsore

with the horde snapping at our heels I think it's probably time to admit we might not be getting playoffs, not with Dykes injured then out of form and Gray and Austin... well.

too easy to nullify our creators when there's no striker occupying defenders minds

Middlesbrough not snapping very hard today.

All teams have had bad results/bad runs this season (Fulham excepted)
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:09 - Feb 26 with 1291 viewsnix

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:59 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

He didn't say who, so maybe no one specific. I think it's more that there was a choice about what to spend money on.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:12 - Feb 26 with 1272 viewswortonranger

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:47 - Feb 26 by stainrods_elbow

I seriously wonder what's going on behind the scenes after Barnsley, Peterborough, Millwall and what we saw today - I just can't work it out. Notwithstanding the Blackpool game, It's as if we're doing all we can to piss away the playoffs. The whisper that Warburton deliberately subverted the acquisition of a striker is also really worrying to me, and a big black mark against his judgment. I suspect, hand on heart, the movers and shakers at the club don't really want or believe promotion is possible. On the evidence of what I'm seeing, I'm expecting us to be 9th or 10th a month from now.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 14:49]

I’m afraid that doesn’t stack up at all. They will have all made large investments in the Bond and the immediate %25 bonus on that would be a drop in the ocean compared with potential profit from just one Premier league season.
Of course they want to go up!
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:15 - Feb 26 with 1262 viewsflynnbo

Barnsley 3-0 up!
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:15 - Feb 26 with 1259 viewsPinnerPaul

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:40 - Feb 26 by stainrods_elbow

I possibly should have included, or substituted, the players and managment team for the directors. How else do you explain what seems to be a clear failure of nerve as we approach the business end of the season? 'Cold feet', as another poster astutely put it, seems very much the phrase to conjure with.

Its sport mate!

How do YOU 'explain' Middlesbrough losing to Barnsley today

Have they got 'cold 'feet', do they 'not want to go up'

We were poor, we lost it happens........a lot.........to everyone!
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:16 - Feb 26 with 1245 viewsPinnerPaul

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:04 - Feb 26 by flynnbo

Currently 5th but take your general point.

BBC says 4th as I type this.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:17 - Feb 26 with 1211 viewsstainrods_elbow

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:15 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

Its sport mate!

How do YOU 'explain' Middlesbrough losing to Barnsley today

Have they got 'cold 'feet', do they 'not want to go up'

We were poor, we lost it happens........a lot.........to everyone!

It's not just about today, obviously - it's a pattern or poverty we saw against Peterborough, Barnsley, Millwall, the first half v Hull, and for most of today's game. Evidently, sometimes we will lose, deservedly or otherwise. I think you're burying your head in the sand.

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:19 - Feb 26 with 1199 viewsManinBlack

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:15 - Feb 26 by flynnbo

Barnsley 3-0 up!

Amazing isn't it? Boro were all over us in the second half a couple of weeks ago. Looks like Barnsley beating us woke them up and gave them renewed belief as they beat Hull and will win today against sides we only drew with recently.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:20 - Feb 26 with 1191 viewsflynnbo

Millwall 1-0 up now.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:20 - Feb 26 with 1190 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Ok I walked the dog but only 1 mile is freezing here .Took a nice hot shower shaved and finally eating breakfast so its getting a bit better.
Wife is showering now will update later , QPR who ? haha
We picked up 4 points out of 9 this week lets up that to 5 next few games and we will be fine
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:21 - Feb 26 with 1189 viewsflynnbo

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:16 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

5th on mine Have you refreshed it?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 16:22]
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:21 - Feb 26 with 1188 viewsHarbour

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 16:16 - Feb 26 by PinnerPaul

And wall go 1 up v sheff Utd… that’s good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024