Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... 19:21 - Feb 25 with 32696 viewsqpr_1968

1-0 rangers

and a home defeat at bournemouth by stoke will see us go second.

not going tomorrow, got a retirement do in the acton vale club.
but will be there in spirit.....and if we win, will be spirit in me....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:37 - Feb 26 with 1939 viewsdavman

We never ever win there.
This is what happens when you have three strikers either not good enough, off form or constantly unavailable.
Adomah, Hendrick, Barbet, Chair, Willock, Johansen and most definitely Marshall not good enough today.
With a decent striker they would have been out of sight by half time.
Ref books Field in the 8th minute, then has an amnesty on cards for Blackburn players for the next 60 minutes.
Ignores a blatant red card for Travis after ignoring all his fouls as part of the amnesty. (in the interests of balance, Field got away with a certain yellow on half time).
That freekick that led to the goal was never ever a freekick.
6 minutes additional time when the delay for the injury to the Blackburn RWB was 6 minutes.

Oh, and just for a change it was all on Sky for everyone to see.

ARSE.

Can my weekend start now please?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:38 - Feb 26 with 1924 viewsQPR_John

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:30 - Feb 26 by R_from_afar

Didn't the no strikers thing work quite well on Wednesday?

Actually it did not. We won of course but it was in spite of the lack of a striker than because of.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:38 - Feb 26 with 1909 viewsDTIG

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:34 - Feb 26 by Discodroids

Bit wound up to be honest after that, so off to the sarah Moore in leigh on sea to watch England get laced up BY Wales, then back with a House special chow mein with sea spice Squid and a kicking from 'er indoors for pissing the housekeeping up the wall on a couple of grams of coffee mate mixed with Eucryl Toothpowder.

Fackin' QPR.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 14:36]

sounds like a plan to me
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:38 - Feb 26 with 1903 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:30 - Feb 26 by Paddyhoops

Sat watch that rubbish with the old man on a visit to Ireland.
Abysmal!!

Best place to be Paddyhoops enjoy the rest of the trip I know how hard covid was forget this sh*t game we deserved nothing it sounds like. Except a fair ref of course
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:39 - Feb 26 with 1887 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:34 - Feb 26 by Benny_the_Ball

The complete opposite of the home fixture. This time QPR looked the team lacking ambition and content to sneak out of Ewood Park with a 0-0. Bar a 10 minute spell in the first half, QPR just weren't at the races. It felt inevitable that Rovers would strike first and so it proved. Marshall at fault for the goal but one can't deny that Rovers were worthy winners. With more tough away matches to come, MW and QPR need to show more intent if they're to accrue the points required to cement a play-off spot.

We're done. The last three away games show that.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:39 - Feb 26 with 1879 viewsNoelmc

Poor performance to finish off a very disappointing February for us. One win, 4 defeats (including FA Cup). It needs to be a much better March as April's fixtures look really tough.

Out best technical players, Willock, Chair & Stef have been below par recently and it has cost us. However, I think we have a good bunch of players and good team spirit. I have confidence in Warburton to turn it around.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:40 - Feb 26 with 1845 viewsJAPRANGERS

You really wouldn’t think they were going for promotion FFS.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:41 - Feb 26 with 1813 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:37 - Feb 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

Did it? We scraped a win. Let's face it, he's blown the best chance we've had of going up since we came back down. Shocking to be going into six-pointers like today without a striker on the pitch; literally raising the white flag and waiting for the inevitable to happen.

tbf we were completely in control on wed until the sending off, so it was working to an extent.
bit harsh to say MW has blown it. Firstly, he hasn't yet, and secondly he's the one who's got us to that position! Not like someone else did. Doesn't really make sense.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:41 - Feb 26 with 1808 viewsJigsore

with the horde snapping at our heels I think it's probably time to admit we might not be getting playoffs, not with Dykes injured then out of form and Gray and Austin... well.

too easy to nullify our creators when there's no striker occupying defenders minds

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:42 - Feb 26 with 1760 viewsHantsR

Lousy passing, nothing in attack, some poor decisions by ref, but I really feel for the fans who made the cold dawn run this morning. (F Sky!) I can accept a loss, but expect more skill, spirit and threat. We never really got going against what we were told was almost a reserve side.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:44 - Feb 26 with 1726 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:41 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

tbf we were completely in control on wed until the sending off, so it was working to an extent.
bit harsh to say MW has blown it. Firstly, he hasn't yet, and secondly he's the one who's got us to that position! Not like someone else did. Doesn't really make sense.

It's a very average league this season and we had a decent chance of going up which has now gone. Turning down signing a striker in the window was a shocking decision. With our remaining fixtures, we will be dropping like a stone.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:44 - Feb 26 with 1726 viewsBrazilNutR

even Luton and Coventry go above us if they win 2 games in hand... we have really thrown our cushion away and need to get back to winning ways or we will drop like WBA
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:45 - Feb 26 with 1699 viewsRangersDave

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:41 - Feb 26 by Jigsore

with the horde snapping at our heels I think it's probably time to admit we might not be getting playoffs, not with Dykes injured then out of form and Gray and Austin... well.

too easy to nullify our creators when there's no striker occupying defenders minds

Hate to say it but ive been feeling this is what will happen for the last 5/6 games.

Instead of pushing on, we've screwed ourselves even more than if we'd have stuck a large nail encrusted cucumber up our asses.

Too close to the end now, and nothing looks like improving...even the toblerone football is looking dire!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:47 - Feb 26 with 1653 viewsstainrods_elbow

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:40 - Feb 26 by JAPRANGERS

You really wouldn’t think they were going for promotion FFS.

I seriously wonder what's going on behind the scenes after Barnsley, Peterborough, Millwall and what we saw today - I just can't work it out. Notwithstanding the Blackpool game, It's as if we're doing all we can to piss away the playoffs. The whisper that Warburton deliberately subverted the acquisition of a striker is also really worrying to me, and a big black mark against his judgment. I suspect, hand on heart, the movers and shakers at the club don't really want or believe promotion is possible. On the evidence of what I'm seeing, I'm expecting us to be 9th or 10th a month from now.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 14:49]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:47 - Feb 26 with 1670 viewseasthertsr

Deserved to lose no question, but losing Senny massive, he'd been great first half really commanding no way he would have conceded that goal. It also meant we lost a substitution and we're unable to send on another set of fresh legs into midfield, probably Amos. Fine margins!
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:52 - Feb 26 with 1592 viewsPaddyhoops

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:38 - Feb 26 by CLAREMAN1995

Best place to be Paddyhoops enjoy the rest of the trip I know how hard covid was forget this sh*t game we deserved nothing it sounds like. Except a fair ref of course

I was suffering as it was after copious amounts of porter last night. This hasn't helped.
Still there's always tonight!!
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:53 - Feb 26 with 1590 viewsDTIG

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:45 - Feb 26 by RangersDave

Hate to say it but ive been feeling this is what will happen for the last 5/6 games.

Instead of pushing on, we've screwed ourselves even more than if we'd have stuck a large nail encrusted cucumber up our asses.

Too close to the end now, and nothing looks like improving...even the toblerone football is looking dire!

A nail encrusted cucumber??.......You need help :-)
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:53 - Feb 26 with 1581 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT AND THAT WAR
Blackburn 1 QPR 0
Did we deserve a point? No.
Did we put in a big defensive team effort? Absolutely.
Tactically — playing without a recognised striker — and filling the midfield for most of the match — then why were we overrun in the middle?
Warbs can answer that one as he made the one enforced change Dickie for the suspended Sanderson.
To his credit he did say after the match - that we were too leggy following Blackpool on Wednesday - and perhaps he should have given others a chance.
How much possession did we have? Very little.
Was their goalkeeper tested? Never.
Did we have opportunities?
Two or three but all were half chances — Albert, Chair and late on Gray.
It was Khadra — having missed twice from close range — one clean through in the first half — who scored the winner.
It was direct from a free-kick 13 minutes from time — across the face of the goal it went and with power. It’s Blackburn’s first goal in 9 hours of play.
Marshall — having replaced the impressive but injured Seny at HT — got his positioning wrong. The angle of the shot beat him.
We were under siege for most the match.
It was like the battle of the Alamo.
Marshall kept the score down with some late saves.
But let’s face it — we were largely outplayed from start to finish.
We now drop to 5th - 3 points clear of 7th placed Sheffield United (on completion of today's games) having played one more game and same goal difference.
We are now firmly back within the pack playing for those play-off spots.
-
Can we make the play-offs? Certainly.
Have we the squad to do it? Definitely.
Next match - home to Cardiff next Saturday.
We probably need 24 points from 12 matches to make sure of the top 6.
That’s top class form — and we must get back to top class performances.
-
But I have to add - there is more than a touch of guilt watching a football match today.
It’s a heartbreaking time as we watch a horror war unfold before our eyes.
Our watching and sometimes enjoying football - especially when QPR win is trivial — compared with Ukrainians — defending their country - and also Russians troops - dying in their thousands in this ridiculous and unnecessary war.
Kiev is just 3 hours 30 minutes by plane — 1500 miles from London.
But what do we do? Well we try to lead normal lives — we enjoy ourselves when we can — indeed what else can we do?
The outcome in Ukraine appears inevitable.
Unless some miracle happens - Russia with its overwhelming military power will take over the Ukraine in some form.
Putin could have been an admired leader — which is what he craves.
With all those natural resources — gas and oil - he could have helped his own people.
They would have been more than grateful — with a massive rise in their standard of living - and he would have been revered for decades.
Now it’s going to be the opposite — from the outside world looking in - and from his own Russian people.
As for us — we just have to get on with our lives.
In some ways the brave Ukrainians are like the last man standing - the 10-man defence before they are heavily breached.
We may look away now — but one day an oppressor may be knocking on our door.
And our enjoyment of QPR will be worse than just trivial.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 17:01]
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:58 - Feb 26 with 1489 viewsdavman

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:44 - Feb 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

It's a very average league this season and we had a decent chance of going up which has now gone. Turning down signing a striker in the window was a shocking decision. With our remaining fixtures, we will be dropping like a stone.

I agree that our strikers, but not that turning one down in January was a "shocking decision". If we can't afford one, we don't get one. Pretty simple really.

Maybe sell Dickie, raise funds, buy striker, keep De Wijs loan in Sanderson might have been an option, but I have no idea whether that was even a possibility or not.

The fixtures do look daunting all of a sudden...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:01 - Feb 26 with 1440 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:58 - Feb 26 by davman

I agree that our strikers, but not that turning one down in January was a "shocking decision". If we can't afford one, we don't get one. Pretty simple really.

Maybe sell Dickie, raise funds, buy striker, keep De Wijs loan in Sanderson might have been an option, but I have no idea whether that was even a possibility or not.

The fixtures do look daunting all of a sudden...

Ferdinand said money was available for a striker but Warburton was satisfied with what he had.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:12 - Feb 26 with 1301 viewsMelakaRanger

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 14:30 - Feb 26 by ted_hendrix

Don't think it matters tbh, we'd still be playing and not looking like scoring, crap ref yes but C'mon we were bloody poor.

Poor? Thats being generous
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:14 - Feb 26 with 1273 viewsloftus77

QPR 2021/22:

All graft (well-managed, bags of effort from players, top fans, excellent club effort).

No craft (parachute payments....).

Next.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:15 - Feb 26 with 1265 viewsBurnleyhoop

Just back. Amazing away support. Absolute abject performance. Dickie, Adomah, Field, Johansen , Chair and Willock had shockers. Others not much better.

McCallum looked the best of the bunch on his 10 minutes on the pitch.

Gray had two decent shooting opportunities but failed to pull the trigger on both.

Neither side looked promotion material.

The picture on the front of “ a kick up the R’s” fanzine sums it up perfectly.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:15 - Feb 26 with 1255 viewsnix

Wow some of you take negativity to new lows. Almost revelling in losses. Never hear more from you than when we lose. A load of moaning Malcolms.

Throwing in the towel already when we're still in the play offs. Never happier than when they're coating out someone who's having a bad run of games or the manager when his strategy doesn't produce a win.

We've only had one striker available for the match and he's not the running around type so I can see why we went for this formation. It was the team as a whole that wasn't firing. Losing the ball in defence and midfield, Field unfairly booked early on so he had to rein himself in. Marshall with an uncharacteristic mistake for their goal.

Warbs made a decision not to get a striker. We don't know who was available. We have looked leggy in midfield so I can understand why he wanted Hendrick.

Yes it's disappointing, but given that a large percentage of our managers have never won at Blackburn, not a massive shock, especially as we only had basically half a day to prepare and probably no training sessions at all. Some of you meed a whole box of grips.
Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:17 - Feb 26 with 1228 viewsbosh67

Rovers v Rangers match thread.... on 15:15 - Feb 26 by nix

Wow some of you take negativity to new lows. Almost revelling in losses. Never hear more from you than when we lose. A load of moaning Malcolms.

Throwing in the towel already when we're still in the play offs. Never happier than when they're coating out someone who's having a bad run of games or the manager when his strategy doesn't produce a win.

We've only had one striker available for the match and he's not the running around type so I can see why we went for this formation. It was the team as a whole that wasn't firing. Losing the ball in defence and midfield, Field unfairly booked early on so he had to rein himself in. Marshall with an uncharacteristic mistake for their goal.

Warbs made a decision not to get a striker. We don't know who was available. We have looked leggy in midfield so I can understand why he wanted Hendrick.

Yes it's disappointing, but given that a large percentage of our managers have never won at Blackburn, not a massive shock, especially as we only had basically half a day to prepare and probably no training sessions at all. Some of you meed a whole box of grips.

This.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024