Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread 06:02 - Mar 5 with 15478 viewsqpr_1968

one to win today.

we will win.

dont know what team, what formation, but we will win by two goals.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 17:57 - Mar 5 with 956 viewsNorthantsHoop

We have had a very good season, been around top 6 for most of it, but our striking limitations are showing and it is fizzling out. We can't kill off games and as I have said before it is all about the home form and we have lost or drawn far too many for comfort.
Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 17:57 - Mar 5 with 955 viewsloftboy

Just on my train home, haven’t read the thread but I thought there was a foul in the build up to their first goal, Dunne was definitely fouled before Cardiff got their free kick for the winner ( great goal though). The tippy tapping around the back is painful.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 18:00 - Mar 5 with 930 viewsDamo1962

Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 17:53 - Mar 5 by Benny_the_Ball

I agree that overall Warburton has done sterling work but something's gone horribly wrong since January. In the blink of an eye, we've gone from a team that's shows real intent and wins matches from losing positions to one that lacks confidence and bemoans refereeing decisions.

There are a number of issues to resolve but attitude/confidence/approach is a major one and that comes from the manager. It's almost as if Warburton is desperate for just one win to change this mindset and today he was prepared to hold on to a 1 nil lead for 45 minutes rather than go for the jugular.

The leadership required to maintain a strong mindset and recover from setbacks has disappeared. Whilst I'm loathe to dig out individual players, I can't help but think that Johansen and Austin were brought in exactly for this purpose; it's no coincidence that QPR's form appears to have dipped with theirs.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 17:55]

Totally agree about Johansen and Austin. They lifted the club on loan last season,and saved us from dropping. They have been the biggest disappointment for me this season. As you say, we have reverted to the weak, leaderless side we were before their loans. Think we need to look at younger, pacier players for the future.
Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 18:04 - Mar 5 with 895 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 17:57 - Mar 5 by loftboy

Just on my train home, haven’t read the thread but I thought there was a foul in the build up to their first goal, Dunne was definitely fouled before Cardiff got their free kick for the winner ( great goal though). The tippy tapping around the back is painful.

One leads to the other. The mistake now would be to focus on the refereeing decisions rather than recognise that messing about with the ball at the back creates these problems. Eradicate this from our game and we don't give the referee a decision to make.
Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 18:13 - Mar 5 with 865 viewsBoston

How did we do on the other match thread?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 18:14 - Mar 5 with 859 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 18:00 - Mar 5 by Damo1962

Totally agree about Johansen and Austin. They lifted the club on loan last season,and saved us from dropping. They have been the biggest disappointment for me this season. As you say, we have reverted to the weak, leaderless side we were before their loans. Think we need to look at younger, pacier players for the future.

Yes, I think that pace and leadership are 2 key ingredients that Mark has to add to the squad for next season. He's relying on senior players to guide the younger ones through a promotion campaign but in the absence of players like Johansen, Austin, and Wallace, the rest of the squad has to have the character to cope.
Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 18:19 - Mar 5 with 832 viewsloftus77

Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 17:35 - Mar 5 by Benny_the_Ball

I get what you're saying but feel that you're only saying it to lick wounds (which is understandable because today's match was particularly painful). If the current form continues then the team will finish lower than last season which isn't progress. If this happens then questions, quite rightly, will need to be asked to ascertain why QPR's form has so spectacularly fallen off cliff since January.

I'd rather ask those questions now because the opportunity is still there to do something special this season if the players really want it. Opportunities such as these seldom come along for clubs of our stature so you have to grab it with both hands when it presents itself. If not, players will need to be sold to balance the books, the manager will need to rebuild and we may not see another opportunity for a while. One can't simply assume that every season QPR will be upwardly mobile and promotion will be inevitable.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 17:38]

Yep - got me in one!!! I stand by my points but masking my frustration.
Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 18:31 - Mar 5 with 780 viewsaston_hoop

I do have some issues with our in-game management today. We can dress it up many ways, but to a man we were utterly dominating Cardiff in that first half. Why we then changed our tactics and sat off them, I have no idea. But never mind, we should have gone for it again at 1-1. But instead, our heads dropped and we went down again. Again never mind, almost 20 minutes still to play so lets go for it. Problem though, only centre mids and full backs on he bench. Now I know Warbs goes on about earning a spot and all that, but this is where we are, we have one fit forward player. Would it have killed us to stick Kargbo or Armstrong on the bench? would it have made more impact than bringing on Dozzell for Field? I'm sure neither of these are the messiah, reasonable chance neither player makes it at our level. But its where we are at the moment and they are our forward options and we had nothing at 2-1 down.

Ultimately though, it should never have happened. There shouldn't have been a need. Also, please never let Barbet near a free kick ever again.

Anyway, lets hope lesson learned and Warbs takes us from strength to strength. Big games coming up

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 18:39 - Mar 5 with 732 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 18:19 - Mar 5 by loftus77

Yep - got me in one!!! I stand by my points but masking my frustration.

Fair enough we're all frustrated today as QPR were in control at HT and the game was there to be won. Instead they found a way to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory. Nonetheless, the past is history and progress is never a given. When things go wrong, tough questions need to be asked to correct it.
Shepherds bush vs Shepherds flock match thread on 11:48 - Mar 6 with 458 viewsR_from_afar

Without wishing to suggest that he is the answer to all our woes, it seems strange to me that the pacy forward who came off the bench to make a game changing contribution in our last win has not played a minute of first team football since and did not even make the match day squad yesterday.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024