Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton post-match 18:37 - Mar 5 with 2726 viewsstainrods_elbow

Rambling, strange - at one point he segues into some kind of quasi-sociological reference to 'society' - and worrying. He looks and sounds tired, out of ideas, and disspirited. These things do matter, despite those posters who insist they don't. Says that the H/T talk was all about maintaining our front-foot intensity, which raises the obvious question (assuming he's not telling porkies) - albeit one Nick London failed to ask - as to why the players are either not listening or, if they are, responding to instructions.

From where I'm looking, the players have either lost confidence, bottle, team spirit, or all three. The fans deserve better than unaccountable beatings by the likes of Barnsley, Millwall, Peterborough and now Cardiff without passion or real purposeful resistance. That said, a forward line that was fit for purpose would make a world of difference.

Painful, perplexing and hard to stomach, to say the least! I'm fearing for the rest of our season tonight, and how much further we can fall.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 18:38]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton post-match on 18:53 - Mar 5 with 2613 viewsgobbles

Have you ever seen Nick London ask a taxing question? I like him on commentary, but he is like one of those Sky interviewers where just about every question starts with the word "How", which jus feeds inane answers.
How important was that win, gaffer? "It was massive." It's as if everything should just be measured by superlatives.
How big was the second goal? It was.... (you get the idea)
Warburton post-match on 19:01 - Mar 5 with 2556 viewsDamo1962

Platitudes and football are joined at the hip. Never listen to anything managers or players say anymore. Too many factors have come together to create this "perfect storm" of shite we are now enduring.How we stop it or at least put in some decent performances, is more interesting to me.
Warburton post-match on 19:01 - Mar 5 with 2557 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-match on 18:53 - Mar 5 by gobbles

Have you ever seen Nick London ask a taxing question? I like him on commentary, but he is like one of those Sky interviewers where just about every question starts with the word "How", which jus feeds inane answers.
How important was that win, gaffer? "It was massive." It's as if everything should just be measured by superlatives.
How big was the second goal? It was.... (you get the idea)

He's not a real journalist, unfortunately. Clive could doubtless do a better job - and so could I!

Warburton post-match on 19:02 - Mar 5 with 2547 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-match on 19:01 - Mar 5 by Damo1962

Platitudes and football are joined at the hip. Never listen to anything managers or players say anymore. Too many factors have come together to create this "perfect storm" of shite we are now enduring.How we stop it or at least put in some decent performances, is more interesting to me.

Does it never occur to you that decoupling the platitudes and hips of which you speak could be a start?

Warburton post-match on 19:05 - Mar 5 with 2521 viewsDamo1962

Warburton post-match on 19:02 - Mar 5 by stainrods_elbow

Does it never occur to you that decoupling the platitudes and hips of which you speak could be a start?

No
Warburton post-match on 19:19 - Mar 5 with 2426 viewsstainrods_elbow

Well, try thinking outside your own box.

Warburton post-match on 19:29 - Mar 5 with 2368 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I thought Mark was refreshingly honest. He could've easily reverted to tired old cliches like "looking after the football" and "getting your rewards". Instead he admitted that the second half performance wasn't good enough and he'd given the players a rollicking at full-time. How they react to it remains to be seen.

He did get a little deep with his views on the youth of today but there is some truth in it. The team is too reliant on senior players for character, and some of the younger players are reticent to call them out on their shortcomings. I can imagine a young Rodney Marsh 'politely' telling Barbet to step away from free kicks but Chair just accepts it and moves aside. However, this is not a recent phenomenon (as confirmed by Danny Maddix), so Warburton should really develop the tools to deal with it and factor character into recruitment decisions.

In the meantime, Johansen and Austin need to step up and provide the leadership that they were recruited for in the first place.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 19:32]
Warburton post-match on 20:20 - Mar 5 with 2249 viewsDamo1962

Warburton post-match on 19:19 - Mar 5 by stainrods_elbow

Well, try thinking outside your own box.

If I knew what you were blethering about I would🤔
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton post-match on 22:15 - Mar 5 with 2051 viewsT_Block

No Mark Warburton explanation was vert clear and frank.I think your disappointment has clouded your appreciation of the teams performance.The team let the manager down today and there is only so much Mark Warburton can do with a team that clearly needs to learn to concentrate, listen,and in this case think they had won the game.
With the proviso that the referee certainly gave Cardiff every chance they needed.
You are picking the wrong reason.Think about -and do not just be another knee-Jerk.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 22:17]
Warburton post-match on 22:23 - Mar 5 with 2003 viewsozexile

I thought the interview was reasonable. The only thing I'll take him to task on is that he kept on about Testimonial pace etc. But it is within his power to change it if that's what he sees. It's pretty clear that the midfield is the problem, so change it up. Grab Field or Hendrick and say, forward forward. Let's pressure them. If they don't or won't, hook them. I know it's a bit Mike Bassett but you can't have a game going on where the manager feels he can't affect it.
Warburton post-match on 22:36 - Mar 5 with 1942 viewsStanisgod

Warburton post-match on 22:23 - Mar 5 by ozexile

I thought the interview was reasonable. The only thing I'll take him to task on is that he kept on about Testimonial pace etc. But it is within his power to change it if that's what he sees. It's pretty clear that the midfield is the problem, so change it up. Grab Field or Hendrick and say, forward forward. Let's pressure them. If they don't or won't, hook them. I know it's a bit Mike Bassett but you can't have a game going on where the manager feels he can't affect it.

Spot on. Who else is blame for watching the pedestrian 15 minutes after half time, seeing their subs and doing nothing.
As for getting a reaction, we havent had one after the other awful performances so why would we now
God know what a high paced Luton team will do to this lot at the moment.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Warburton post-match on 22:43 - Mar 5 with 1907 viewsT_Block

So you would have substituted Hendrick and who else.Come on admit there are times when the team does not perform.It could be they were surprised by Cardiff's energy.If so the captain needs to go round and get them to up tempo as well.Could be that they are young and very very tired,

It is so easy to come up with an answer afterwards.Truth is -as fans-we have no idea,

Have some faith and let Warburton manage -this is still a team in development
Warburton post-match on 22:57 - Mar 5 with 1873 viewsessextaxiboy

He is a thoughtful bloke .Maybe whats going on in the world gave him some perspective on losing a football match .
Warburton post-match on 22:59 - Mar 5 with 1856 viewsdaveB

I thought his post match interview was excellent and rightly scathing of that second half performance
Warburton post-match on 23:04 - Mar 5 with 1829 viewsozexile

Warburton post-match on 22:43 - Mar 5 by T_Block

So you would have substituted Hendrick and who else.Come on admit there are times when the team does not perform.It could be they were surprised by Cardiff's energy.If so the captain needs to go round and get them to up tempo as well.Could be that they are young and very very tired,

It is so easy to come up with an answer afterwards.Truth is -as fans-we have no idea,

I agree with you but this problem has been going on for a few games now. He constantly talks about moving the ball quicker but it's not translating to the players. I'm more than happy with Warburton as manager doesn't mean we can't debate the performances on here.
Warburton post-match on 05:31 - Mar 6 with 1617 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warburton post-match on 22:43 - Mar 5 by T_Block

With all due respect T, you're talking nonsense on so many levels. The reaction to yet another disappointing defeat is warranted; even the gaffer gave the players a rollicking. The form has been poor since the end of January so this criticism is not a knee jerk reaction. The captain can't go round and ask players to up the tempo if he's not even in the matchday squad. The team isn't young, it typically averages around 28 years of age. And it certainly wasn't tired as QPR didn't have a game in midweek. Now, I appreciate that you may have a different opinion but at least get your facts straight otherwise your argument carries no weight.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 5:32]
Warburton post-match on 08:00 - Mar 6 with 1515 viewsdmm

I simply want to add to others who've said Warburton's interview was very good.

There will no doubt be things he says in the dressing room we won't hear, but from the interview, I think he sees things clearly and correctly.

Whatever the outcome this season, I hope he's still with us in 2002/23.
Warburton post-match on 08:54 - Mar 6 with 1393 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Warbs strikes me as being quite intense; not necessarily a bad thing.

Forgive my memory, but having got ourselves into a good position last season pre-lockdown, didn’t we go off the boil upon resuming fixtures, coming up short as a result? I wonder therefore, if when things get edgy, Warbs’ intensity impacts him negatively.

It’s still a good season thus far, but frustrating of late. But the bigger issue looming is the real prospect of a summer of significant transfer activity. I can’t think the team will be anywhere near the same come August, and it would be a shame if the progress we’ve made under Warbs were to evaporate in a few months. A difficult start and you could see the demons of old return.

Big few weeks for Warbs/QPR and whatever has gone awry since 1 February needs addressing.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Warburton post-match on 08:59 - Mar 6 with 1376 viewsHastings_Hoops

Warburton post-match on 08:54 - Mar 6 by PlanetHonneywood

Warbs strikes me as being quite intense; not necessarily a bad thing.

Forgive my memory, but having got ourselves into a good position last season pre-lockdown, didn’t we go off the boil upon resuming fixtures, coming up short as a result? I wonder therefore, if when things get edgy, Warbs’ intensity impacts him negatively.

It’s still a good season thus far, but frustrating of late. But the bigger issue looming is the real prospect of a summer of significant transfer activity. I can’t think the team will be anywhere near the same come August, and it would be a shame if the progress we’ve made under Warbs were to evaporate in a few months. A difficult start and you could see the demons of old return.

Big few weeks for Warbs/QPR and whatever has gone awry since 1 February needs addressing.

I view our transfer activities positively these days. Especially as we have a number more assets on long term contracts than we have in the past.

…look at the QPR model of 1980’s (appropriated by Brentfart recently). We should be looking to improve year on year as we are currently.
Warburton post-match on 09:19 - Mar 6 with 1337 viewsBerkoRanger

No disrespect to any player but when a football club is run on a tight wages structure and then a player comes in on several times that wage cap (when the loaning club is paying a large part of his money) it disrupts the squad togetherness (since Feb 1st!)
Anyone old enough to remember when we sold Rodney Marsh to Man City who were top of the table at the time and cruising. Rodney arrived at City on better wages and their title dreams collapsed!

I said on another thread that I still believe an Eze type deal was in place for January when we would have sold a player for £30 million ish and bought four players (say, two wing backs and two forwards) but for whatever reason it didn't happen.
I think Warbs is just being very frustrated for what could have been.
Warburton post-match on 17:14 - Mar 6 with 1144 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton post-match on 05:31 - Mar 6 by Benny_the_Ball

With all due respect T, you're talking nonsense on so many levels. The reaction to yet another disappointing defeat is warranted; even the gaffer gave the players a rollicking. The form has been poor since the end of January so this criticism is not a knee jerk reaction. The captain can't go round and ask players to up the tempo if he's not even in the matchday squad. The team isn't young, it typically averages around 28 years of age. And it certainly wasn't tired as QPR didn't have a game in midweek. Now, I appreciate that you may have a different opinion but at least get your facts straight otherwise your argument carries no weight.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 5:32]

So no one apart from SJ can get the team going on the pitch?

That's what MW is moaning about surely?
Warburton post-match on 17:21 - Mar 6 with 1125 viewsNorthernr

Last week post match he shielded the players, took all the responsibility himself, accepted the blame, pretty calm.

This week, absolutely irate, blames the players entirely, says the second half isn't good enough, says he's been in there and bollocked them.

Literally chalk and cheese, polar opposite reactions to two defeats, couldn't be more different really, and yet this same thread after both of them.

Does rather create the impression that whatever he says and however he says it, you're going to have a problem with it.
Warburton post-match on 17:28 - Mar 6 with 1101 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton post-match on 17:21 - Mar 6 by Northernr

Last week post match he shielded the players, took all the responsibility himself, accepted the blame, pretty calm.

This week, absolutely irate, blames the players entirely, says the second half isn't good enough, says he's been in there and bollocked them.

Literally chalk and cheese, polar opposite reactions to two defeats, couldn't be more different really, and yet this same thread after both of them.

Does rather create the impression that whatever he says and however he says it, you're going to have a problem with it.

I think that's natural tbf after a bad performance/result - as you have said its difficult to say anything per and post match that people won't jump on, when things are not going well - I include myself in that.

Don't have a problem with this interview myself but did with the pre match one for well worn reasons that I won't bore everyone (again!) with.
Warburton post-match on 18:28 - Mar 6 with 1026 viewsThe_Beast1976

We'll beat Luton next Sunday and all this will be of no consequence
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024