Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough & QPR. 14:06 - Apr 18 with 2610 viewsSnipper

I remember some of the comments after the game on the match thread from our 2-2 draw at home to Middlesbrough.

Things like we definitely want to avoid them in the playoffs. Looks like neither team will even be in them.
Middlesbrough & QPR. on 14:43 - Apr 18 with 2464 viewsdavman

The thing we always forget is that the Championship is just the Championship every single season. Teams go on runs (Huddersfield, Forest, Sheff U, Blackburn, us, 'Boro), but eventually they revert to form and when they do, well, they look bloody ordinary.

The most frustrating thing about this season is that if we had stayed in or around the top 6, we really would have had a chance. It will be more of a lottery than ever as all of the teams are capable of beating each other because none of them are, er, very good...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Middlesbrough & QPR. on 17:26 - Apr 18 with 2225 viewsBAWHoops

The fact that Blackburn, QPR, Coventry and Millwall are all bobbing around on the same number of points isn't hugely surprising. All pretty similar and all 1 or 2 players away from challenging

Huddersfield & Luton bucking the trend, but Fulham, Bournemouth, Forest and Sheff U all have monster squads which are nigh on imposibble to compete with once you get a few injuries

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Middlesbrough & QPR. on 18:56 - Apr 18 with 1919 viewskensalriser

All the teams in the playoffs during most of our tenancy are now out of the top 6: Blackburn, WBA and Coventry.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Middlesbrough & QPR. on 01:43 - Apr 19 with 1599 viewslightwaterhoop

If Middlesbrough fail to make the play offs how much of that is down to Joe Lumley? quite a bit i should imagine. No matter how many goalkeepers we have had injured this season i'm still glad we have not had to resort to putting Joe in goal!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 1:55]
Middlesbrough & QPR. on 08:51 - Apr 19 with 1351 viewsswitchingcode

Middlesbrough & QPR. on 14:43 - Apr 18 by davman

The thing we always forget is that the Championship is just the Championship every single season. Teams go on runs (Huddersfield, Forest, Sheff U, Blackburn, us, 'Boro), but eventually they revert to form and when they do, well, they look bloody ordinary.

The most frustrating thing about this season is that if we had stayed in or around the top 6, we really would have had a chance. It will be more of a lottery than ever as all of the teams are capable of beating each other because none of them are, er, very good...

That sums up why the championship is such a great league to play in.Ok it’s a bummer if you miss out at the death but look how many clubs are still in with a shout and if you just miss it gives fans a bit of hope for the next season.Complete contrast to the Premier League which is mainly a bore fest.
Middlesbrough & QPR. on 09:00 - Apr 19 with 1334 viewsMyke

Middlesbrough & QPR. on 01:43 - Apr 19 by lightwaterhoop

If Middlesbrough fail to make the play offs how much of that is down to Joe Lumley? quite a bit i should imagine. No matter how many goalkeepers we have had injured this season i'm still glad we have not had to resort to putting Joe in goal!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 1:55]

Excellent! Why waste a general discussion on the Championship to coat off one of our ex-players, who this time last year was earning rave reviews when Seny got injured.
Middlesbrough & QPR. on 09:33 - Apr 19 with 1263 viewsToast_R

Forest do look a cut above but also Luton will give anyone a serious game too. Between them two I reckon. Huddersfield and Sheff Utd look very ordinary.
Middlesbrough & QPR. on 10:19 - Apr 19 with 1190 viewsswitchingcode

Middlesbrough & QPR. on 09:33 - Apr 19 by Toast_R

Forest do look a cut above but also Luton will give anyone a serious game too. Between them two I reckon. Huddersfield and Sheff Utd look very ordinary.

Boro were my favourites but they looked dreadful recently while Huddersfield look the dark horses for me.Who ever are in it at the end I’m really looking forward to watching how it pans out on tv with a beer in hand.Hope it’s not Forrest but they are obvious favourites
Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough & QPR. on 10:25 - Apr 19 with 1159 viewsdaveB

Middlesbrough & QPR. on 09:33 - Apr 19 by Toast_R

I think Sheff Utd might drop out fancy Millwall to pip them. Huddersfield are a very good side, written off by everybody but rarely get beat, great win yesterday.
Middlesbrough & QPR. on 16:23 - Apr 19 with 963 viewsOldPedro

Middlesbrough & QPR. on 10:25 - Apr 19 by daveB

I think Sheff Utd might drop out fancy Millwall to pip them. Huddersfield are a very good side, written off by everybody but rarely get beat, great win yesterday.

Huddersfield confuse me because whenever I watch them they look pretty ordinary but do have got delivery from crosses, corners and free kicks - they have a championship high of 19 goals from set pieces according to WhoScored.com

Just had a look on the footystats.org website at the xG for the Championship this season, and they are ranked 17th with a rating of 1.17 (QPR are 7th with 1.47).

Does this mean Huddersfield are over-achieving or that xG is a load of bull5h1t?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Middlesbrough & QPR. on 16:46 - Apr 19 with 924 viewsPinnerPaul

I think, well no, I know, its difficult on an individual basis and as a team to, perform well for 46 games - simple as that , to me at least!
Middlesbrough & QPR. on 17:25 - Apr 19 with 868 viewsLazyFan

Middlesbrough & QPR. on 16:23 - Apr 19 by OldPedro

Huddersfield confuse me because whenever I watch them they look pretty ordinary but do have got delivery from crosses, corners and free kicks - they have a championship high of 19 goals from set pieces according to WhoScored.com

Just had a look on the footystats.org website at the xG for the Championship this season, and they are ranked 17th with a rating of 1.17 (QPR are 7th with 1.47).

Does this mean Huddersfield are over-achieving or that xG is a load of bull5h1t?

I agree with you, Hudders always look well average to me. I don't know how they do it. I mean we gifted them the first goal and while the 2nd was good, that's all they did really. This from a team that never loses at home and we could on a better day taken them to the cleaners. If we had Willock fit we would have won for sure.

Whereas when I watch Luton and Boro (that Jones player is class, Sporar is drek) they look fast, lean and mean, not to mention savage in their attacking play. I still fancy both of them to make the playoffs. And us to finish 7th at best.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024