Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW 19:27 - Apr 30 with 13395 viewsfreddieeddie

Where do I start.....

So in the 90's I went 6 years without missing a league or cup game, home and away. Most of that period I lived in Hastings so an away game up north I'd be out for about around 21 hours. I even slept at Stockport train station one night on my own waiting for a train back after a terrible 0-0 league cup game. So to say I have been a loyal fan in the past would be an understatement.

I have got to the point this season where I can't even be arsed watching us on TV. I have been to two games this season, as my son wanted to go....home to Coventry and Sheff Utd. I can only liken it to going home and realising you don't love your wife anymore. I have just lost all connection with QPR now and it feels sad when I go. Away to Bristol City was live on my TV and I watched some crap TV programme as I had no interest in watching us.

When looking at the line up last night I could have easily turned back and gone home. 1-0 up at half time and about 5% of me thought we might not lose. This is QPR after all, a soft touch when it comes to aerial bombardment. I predicted at half-time, we would concede 2-3 headed goals and lose. I was at the back row of the Ellerslie and sat down for 15 mins, couldn't see a thing. I knew what was coming when it got to 1-1. At the start of the season I had £1100 on QPR finishing in the top 12. I have never ever bet on QPR and always said I never would. I did though this season for the first time and I'm bloody annoyed I took the risk. Watching MW stand there clueless to act on what was quite obviously going to happen, was torture. It was all very predictable and sad knowing your club would just crumble.

So I've fallen out of love with my wife (QPR) but boy have I fallen in love with a right sort.

So over the last 5 years I've been going to watch Corinthian-Casuals FC. I feel like a kid again. They play in the Isthmian Premier League, so three promotions away from League two, average gates of about 300-400. I love it. So we are the top amateur club in the U.K. Playing against all semi-pro teams every week. This season I've been about 25 games and every week I walk away proud of my team. The staff and players all do it for nothing and give hidings out to players on anything from £300-£1000 a week. At the end of every game the players come down to the fans and high five each and every fan. My 12 year old son has even been in the dressing room for a pre match team talk. My son walked for 5 hours to raise some money for the club. At the finish line the directors, manager, players and fans were waiting for him to applaud his last strides. Just a fantastic class act of a club....I'm in love again. Alec Stewart and father MickyStewart (Cricket) are at most home games, Zaha and Kante have been to a game and also former QPR man Andy Gray (ex Casuals). A couple of years ago Casuals were in a pre season tournament in Budapest. To date, it is my favourite ever weekend. My son and I stayed in the same hotel as the players, my son lead the team out as mascot, we dined with the players and travelled to games on the players coach. We also won the competition.....'Champions of Europe, you know who we are'. Regardless of money and the league we play in, it's all been just a humbling, fantastic experience following Corinthian-Casuals FC.

Back to QPR. At the final whistle last night I just wanted to get away but my son wanted to applaud the players. I stood there looking around me and just felt the odd one out. Fans clapping, chanting and even bowing to players on thousands a week who just crumble. 3rd in the league at one point and just fell apart, no fight or desire at all.

I have had some wonderful times supporting QPR. I was at Anfield 3-1 win, Old Trafford 4-1 win, Elland Road to see Wegerle's goal, Hillsborough to see promotion, Watford to see us win the league and Wembley for our play off win. BUT do you know what tops all of those moments for me. It was playing in League One. I was sitting on my own, empty seats all around me. I watched Rowlands, Gallen, Bircham and Ainsworth all go flying into tackles, one after the other. My chest pumped up with pride and I thought 'I f****** love this club'. It's the simple things in life ain't it. The only thing I think now that could possibly get my juices flowing again would be for Gareth Ainsworth to be manager.

It's not just QPR that saddens me with football now. Look at Man Utd now, what a disgrace the players are there, shocking. I wouldn't want QPR getting promoted anyway, just to get hidings every week. Football has changed so much over the years and not for the better.

Well QPR and Mark Warburton, it seems to me your minds were on your holidays a long time ago. One game to go and I hold little hope not losing my £1100. Still I had the same bet on Wycombe finishing in the top 12, I knew Gareth Ainsworth wouldn't let me down. I don't think any team he was involved with would be allowed to crumble as we have.

Roll on August and the start of another humbling and exciting season following the mighty Corinthian-Casuals FC. Discovering this club is the best thing to ever happen to me other than my son being born. Vai Corinthians.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 2:15]

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 10:35 - May 3 with 3285 viewsBlackCrowe

To Freddie Eddie, don't know who your £1100 is with, but my £40 is with paddypower and they are offering a cashout on my original stake. I might hold firm.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 11:27 - May 3 with 3217 viewsSonofpugwash

You should worry.I bought ten grand's worth of Chris Wright Useless PLC shares.
Could have done with that poppy.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 11:48 - May 3 with 3193 viewswestberksr

I fully understand the emotional and football related element of your post, as a lot of us will be thinking similarly about the club and becoming disenfranchised with top level football in general...

however....

linking that to a post relating to your own substantial betting habits detracts from the remainder of it.

Many fans can only dream of being able to punt at those levels and quite frankly it won't get anything other than a negative response. Pocket talking is a bad side of gambling and if you can afford to risk that then good for you, but probably best kept to yourself when some are struggling to pay heating and electricity bills.

hopefully they keep in the top 12 and you win or you should have cashed out or laid it back on Betfair in Feb when it was a 'certainty' for a slightly lower profit
£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 15:24 - May 3 with 3100 viewsplasmahoop

I went through a phase of watching non league football, my local side Tonbridge. Trouble is, it was full of wannabe football hooligans and when there is a hard core of 50 idiots out of a crowd of about 400 they stand out. Also I came back to thinking qpr is much better value. I think they charged10/12 quid at Tonbridge a few years back. I think it's about 15 now. Really? 15 quid for that? I think 35 at qpr looks pretty decent in comparison
£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 18:57 - May 3 with 3057 viewsfreddieeddie

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 17:24 - May 2 by thame_hoops

Going off topic, I’m enjoying the cricket for some of the reasons you’ve mentioned. I went down to Glamorgan to watch Middlesex and was sat chatting to Afridi and Labuchagne (worlds ranked No 1 batsman and bowler)
Also at lords after games, the players have beers in the lords tavern and chat. Internationals like Handscomb, And the Ex internationals Roland Jones, Stoneman, Sam Robson. All happy to chat and mix, completely differently from professional football.

Exactly the same in the lords pavilion .

That sounds really good if you are into Cricket. A lot more down to earth. At Casuals you can easily chat to Alec Stewart, very nice down to earth guy.

I took my son a couple of years back to Celtics opening game of the season. The atmosphere is the best I have heard, I really like Celtic. Pre game though my son wanted to stand outside and wait for the players to arrive in the coach. Other kids and families had clearly been there ages waiting. 45mins later the coach pulled up and I thought it was disgraceful. Every player got off the coach, along with staff (Brendan Rodgers), all heads down, headphones on. Not one could even high five a child. If I was a pro footballer I’d have about 50 signed pics a d give them out to kids there waiting all that time. Something so simple means so much to kids.

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 14:48 - May 4 with 2880 viewsWestonsuperR

On the betting subject you can get 21/20 on Swansea to beat us on Saturday which is an absolute steal considering form and the last week at Rangers.
£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 14:29 - May 7 with 2656 viewsBlackCrowe

FreddieEddie....please don't say you cashed out before the game?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 14:34 - May 7 with 2606 viewskensalriser

Party at Freddie's.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 14:37 - May 7 with 2577 viewsDamo1962

Come on Freddie - don't keep us in suspenders🤪
£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 14:38 - May 7 with 2582 viewsPinnerPaul

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 14:48 - May 4 by WestonsuperR

On the betting subject you can get 21/20 on Swansea to beat us on Saturday which is an absolute steal considering form and the last week at Rangers.

Hope you didn't put too much on!
£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 15:02 - May 7 with 2446 viewsstevec

Well done those who won on a top half finish.

Unfortunately did mine as a top half treble with West Ham and Bradford which was going well until Mark Hughes showed up.
£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 15:31 - May 7 with 2375 viewsfreddieeddie

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 14:29 - May 7 by BlackCrowe

FreddieEddie....please don't say you cashed out before the game?

No I have never cashed out on a bet, nerves of steel. Well I never dreamt that would happen. I'm glad it was Gray that scored as I have backed him all season and his career. Never understand how he is on our bench. Reckon we could have reached the play offs if he'd played every week. A nice tidy profit now as Wycombe also finished top 12.

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 15:33 - May 7 with 2362 viewsfreddieeddie

Didn't doubt us for a second 🤦‍♂️🤥

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 15:53 - May 7 with 2291 viewstkqpr

Won my £9 also
£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 16:21 - May 7 with 2221 viewsRangersw12

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 15:31 - May 7 by freddieeddie

No I have never cashed out on a bet, nerves of steel. Well I never dreamt that would happen. I'm glad it was Gray that scored as I have backed him all season and his career. Never understand how he is on our bench. Reckon we could have reached the play offs if he'd played every week. A nice tidy profit now as Wycombe also finished top 12.

You can tell you haven't seen us all season if you think Gray would of got us in the play offs 😂

Enjoy your non league football 👍
£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 17:08 - May 7 with 2128 viewsDamo1962

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 15:31 - May 7 by freddieeddie

Good man. Spend it unwisely 🤔🤪
£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 17:12 - May 7 with 2114 viewsPinnerPaul

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 15:53 - May 7 by tkqpr

Won my £9 also

Yep that was about the scale of my return as well - still better than losing!
£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 21:50 - May 7 with 1900 viewsfreddieeddie

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 16:21 - May 7 by Rangersw12

You can tell you haven't seen us all season if you think Gray would of got us in the play offs 😂

Enjoy your non league football 👍

Well we weren’t that many points off the play offs. The amount of time Gray spent on the bench you can’t tell me he wouldn’t of got more goals than Austin.

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 23:29 - May 7 with 1775 viewssilverbirch

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 15:33 - May 7 by freddieeddie

Didn't doubt us for a second 🤦‍♂️🤥

“Us” again now, is it?
£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 14:11 - May 9 with 1442 viewsfreddieeddie

£1100 on QPR to finish in top 12 this season, thanks MW on 23:29 - May 7 by silverbirch

“Us” again now, is it?

👏😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024