Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaffer’s last post match 15:54 - May 7 with 2608 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/mark-warburton-on-swansea-070522/

You were a class act, Mark!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer’s last post match on 17:00 - May 7 with 2427 viewsDejR_vu

Massive loss to the club.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Gaffer’s last post match on 17:01 - May 7 with 2416 viewsDamo1962

We'll find out soon enough. Thanks for everything Mark.
Gaffer’s last post match on 17:19 - May 7 with 2355 viewsngbqpr

Agreed, class to the very end.

99 times out of 100 a manager is sacked or poached.

This ‘contract not renewed’ stirs different emotions (as shown in Clive’s preview).

As I said in another thread, I hope it’s a Jago to Sexton or Don Howe to Gerry upgrade - but not holding my breath.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Gaffer’s last post match on 18:48 - May 7 with 2150 viewsHAYESBOY

After seeing the arguments for and against MW staying, I still think this is a mistake by the club.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Gaffer’s last post match on 18:52 - May 7 with 2121 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dignified, but looks as tired and defeated as we/he have been. 11 defeats and 2 draws in 17 games in 3 months, including some dreadful showings against piss-poor teams, is incontestably dire, and, as Clive has said, his position is/was 'untenable' after that.

He's a wealthy man, has had an excellent crack of the whip, and I'm sure he'll be fine.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 18:53]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Gaffer’s last post match on 18:57 - May 7 with 2121 viewsHarbour

Thank you Mark a classy manager. Last year 68 points 9th from 19 wins and 11 draws compared to this season 66 points 11th from 19 wins and 9 draws. 2 point drop. Fine margins only time will tell if correct decision to let him go.
Gaffer’s last post match on 19:16 - May 7 with 2057 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Too good for us lot.

Next!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Gaffer’s last post match on 19:23 - May 7 with 2026 viewsWestbourneR

The thing I think we’ll miss is level head and overall application to the club as a whole. He has a real business brain and management acumen which I think we need. He’s also as straight as a die and works incredibly hard.

It’s also undeniable that almost every player has improved under his tutelage.

From the moment he turned BOS from a flop into a potent weapon he’s shown he can do it again and again. Chair, Eze, Dunne, Dickie, Dieng, Willock. All twice the players they once were. That’s impressive coaching.

Do we know if Banfield will stay?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

Gaffer’s last post match on 20:02 - May 7 with 1855 viewsstainrods_elbow

Gaffer’s last post match on 19:23 - May 7 by WestbourneR

The thing I think we’ll miss is level head and overall application to the club as a whole. He has a real business brain and management acumen which I think we need. He’s also as straight as a die and works incredibly hard.

From the moment he turned BOS from a flop into a potent weapon he’s shown he can do it again and again. Chair, Eze, Dunne, Dickie, Dieng, Willock. All twice the players they once were. That’s impressive coaching.

'A real business brain' as a primary requirement for a football coach (rather than a consistent ability to motivate, organise and galvanise a team of entertaining footballers - which MW has shown himself only intermittently able to achieve at best, though I agree he's helped the players you mention to evolve) - god help us! Dave Sexton would be spinning in his grave. Neoliberalism really has poisoned some of us!
[Post edited 7 May 2022 20:03]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Gaffer’s last post match on 22:05 - May 7 with 1545 viewsextratimeR

Thank you Mark!

A Class act!
Gaffer’s last post match on 23:26 - May 7 with 1381 viewssilverbirch

Gaffer’s last post match on 19:23 - May 7 by WestbourneR

Had BOS been a flop or criminally underplayed? I think we all would have played him more often mcclaren did
Gaffer’s last post match on 11:45 - May 8 with 1000 viewsfrancisbowles

Well done MW for getting the players 'up' for the last time and winning the final game.

Thank you for making our club competitive again, doing it with style attractive play and imposing your professionalism and dignity on the whole outfit. We hope that we can take it forward.

We'll miss you, wish you all the very best and look forward to welcoming you back at Loftus Road in the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024