Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glasto 20:28 - Jun 22 with 3697 viewsDrewster

Anyone going?
Personally couldn’t think of anything worse but each to their own.
Love live music but man the size and the amount of people. Nah
Glasto on 22:29 - Jun 22 with 3569 viewscolinallcars

Not for me. Glyndebourne is more my cup of Assam.
Glasto on 22:37 - Jun 22 with 3542 viewsthame_hoops

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/286232/glasto-202
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 22:38]
Glasto on 22:56 - Jun 22 with 3500 viewsPeterHucker

Glasto on 22:37 - Jun 22 by thame_hoops

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/286232/glasto-202
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 22:38]

I went in 89, 94, 95, 97 & 98.
The first 3 were sunny and wonderful. Those last 2 were both muddy, wet and fücking hard going so I've not been back since.
Not sure I could handle all those bloody flags blocking the view!
No flags and if anyone got up on someone's shoulders you'd chuck plastic bottles of piss at them until they got down. Those were the days.

Sun did actually come out on the last day in 1998 & Tony Bennett was great!!
You can see me representing in the QPR hoops around 7 minutes 32 seconds in this video.

Glasto on 23:15 - Jun 22 with 3465 viewsTacticalR

@PeterHucker: 'You can see me representing in the QPR hoops around 7 minutes 32 seconds in this video'

Nice!

Air hostess clique

Glasto on 00:58 - Jun 23 with 3393 viewsqueensparker

Went in 93,96,97 and 2002.

As I wandered out in 2002 completely lacking all my mental and physical capabilities I said to myself “you’ve done this now, keep the memories” and never been back.

As an old fker not sure I can face it anymore. And the memory of the 97 mudbath means if there’s a chance of rain it’s a no go.
Glasto on 11:17 - Jun 24 with 3040 viewsSonofpugwash

Millionaire stands with another millionaire onstage to tell kids ,who can afford a £230 ticket to see millionaires sing,that Capitalism has failed them.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Glasto on 11:35 - Jun 24 with 2990 viewsdmm

Glasto on 11:17 - Jun 24 by Sonofpugwash

Millionaire stands with another millionaire onstage to tell kids ,who can afford a £230 ticket to see millionaires sing,that Capitalism has failed them.

Very droll but, without wanting to get into a political or economic argument, I think most kids these days know that already.
Glasto on 12:32 - Jun 24 with 2885 viewsplasmahoop

I generally like listening to radio 2 whilst driving about, but I've had to switch over. Continually banging on about Glastonbury and how amazing it is what a load of old toot
Login to get fewer ads

Glasto on 12:41 - Jun 24 with 2838 viewsthame_hoops

Glasto on 12:32 - Jun 24 by plasmahoop

I generally like listening to radio 2 whilst driving about, but I've had to switch over. Continually banging on about Glastonbury and how amazing it is what a load of old toot

Haha yup… better not watch any BBC for the next few days either
Glasto on 12:51 - Jun 24 with 2814 viewsDrewster

Glasto on 12:32 - Jun 24 by plasmahoop

Don’t for lords sake tune into 6music then. Been banging on about how wonderful it is for the last week and will do for the next month playing sets ‘from this years amazing glasto’.
Lauren Laverne has been toe curling on the breakfast show on how wonderful the vibe is.
Alright when you have just risen from your Winnebago backstage and away from the thronging masses off their faces.
Glasto on 13:51 - Jun 24 with 2699 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Glasto on 12:51 - Jun 24 by Drewster

Don’t for lords sake tune into 6music then. Been banging on about how wonderful it is for the last week and will do for the next month playing sets ‘from this years amazing glasto’.
Lauren Laverne has been toe curling on the breakfast show on how wonderful the vibe is.
Alright when you have just risen from your Winnebago backstage and away from the thronging masses off their faces.

Whatever you do then don’t listen to Jazz FM! With them it isn’t Glastonbury, it’s the Love Supreme festival in Glynde. Nigel Williams (who I actually quite like even if he is a bit up himself) has been going on about it for about 6 months now. It’s Erykah Badu’s only UK appearance this year donchaknow! Anyway it’s next weekend so no doubt after that he’ll be talking how great it was for the next 6 months and replaying all those amazing interviews and live performances from their Routemaster bus in the South downs… Then it will be back to plugging Love Supreme 2023 for sure… Marvellous!
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 13:52]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Glasto on 13:52 - Jun 24 with 2691 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Glasto on 22:56 - Jun 22 by PeterHucker

I went in 89, 94, 95, 97 & 98.
The first 3 were sunny and wonderful. Those last 2 were both muddy, wet and fücking hard going so I've not been back since.
Not sure I could handle all those bloody flags blocking the view!
No flags and if anyone got up on someone's shoulders you'd chuck plastic bottles of piss at them until they got down. Those were the days.

Sun did actually come out on the last day in 1998 & Tony Bennett was great!!
You can see me representing in the QPR hoops around 7 minutes 32 seconds in this video.

I went to all of those too plus 2003 but by then it had really started getting way too big and out of hand. Never been back. Will never forget 98 as long as I live, just horrific, fair play staying until Sunday, think I'd run out of clean clothes and my tent was about as much use as a chocolate teapot by then so went home.
Glasto on 14:05 - Jun 24 with 2651 viewsR_from_afar

Did anyone see the Sky Arts programme about Hawkwind at the 1984 Stonehenge Festival? Maybe some of you were there. It made Glastonbury look like tea at the vicarage. Oh the humanity!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Glasto on 14:26 - Jun 24 with 2612 viewsTheChef

Glasto on 13:52 - Jun 24 by Silverfoxqpr

I went to all of those too plus 2003 but by then it had really started getting way too big and out of hand. Never been back. Will never forget 98 as long as I live, just horrific, fair play staying until Sunday, think I'd run out of clean clothes and my tent was about as much use as a chocolate teapot by then so went home.

Ha! Yeah mates from uni went in 98, their car's axle broke on arrival, don't think things got much better after that...

But hey England beat Colombia on the Friday right?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Glasto on 14:47 - Jun 24 with 2580 viewsdmm

Glasto on 13:51 - Jun 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

Whatever you do then don’t listen to Jazz FM! With them it isn’t Glastonbury, it’s the Love Supreme festival in Glynde. Nigel Williams (who I actually quite like even if he is a bit up himself) has been going on about it for about 6 months now. It’s Erykah Badu’s only UK appearance this year donchaknow! Anyway it’s next weekend so no doubt after that he’ll be talking how great it was for the next 6 months and replaying all those amazing interviews and live performances from their Routemaster bus in the South downs… Then it will be back to plugging Love Supreme 2023 for sure… Marvellous!
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 13:52]

Jazz FM! I'm amazed it's still going. It used to be a proper jazz station. Decades ago, I got a request for the whole of Davis' "So What" played one midweek afternoon. When it went 'smooth' Jazz I stopped listening.
Glasto on 15:00 - Jun 24 with 2495 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Glasto on 14:26 - Jun 24 by TheChef

Ha! Yeah mates from uni went in 98, their car's axle broke on arrival, don't think things got much better after that...

But hey England beat Colombia on the Friday right?

Did they? Rings a bell!

My mates and I decided to get off our faces (only way to cope) and went to watch Portishead in a tent somewhere on the Friday night. Never once all weekend made it to the main stage that year I don't think!
Glasto on 15:01 - Jun 24 with 2488 viewsMrSheen

Glasto on 22:29 - Jun 22 by colinallcars

Not for me. Glyndebourne is more my cup of Assam.

Parsifal at the Royal Festival Hall on Sunday for me, 4pm kick-off. Sunday double-header with State of Origin 2, what could be better?
Glasto on 15:12 - Jun 24 with 2464 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Glasto on 14:47 - Jun 24 by dmm

Jazz FM! I'm amazed it's still going. It used to be a proper jazz station. Decades ago, I got a request for the whole of Davis' "So What" played one midweek afternoon. When it went 'smooth' Jazz I stopped listening.

It’s just what I listen to as background to my sh1t, shower and shave in the morning. It’s got a good mix from Jacob Collier to Jamie Callum to Chet Baker and Miles Davis as you say. Some I like and some I don’t but I quite like the way it’s presented over some of the other commercial stations. At work I normally listen to Internet stations where you don’t get so much news and ads and less repetition.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 15:14]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Glasto on 16:10 - Jun 24 with 2397 viewsBlackCrowe

Stones and War On Drugs in Hyde Park for me tomorrow.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Glasto on 16:34 - Jun 24 with 2342 viewsdanehoop

Glasto on 16:10 - Jun 24 by BlackCrowe

Stones and War On Drugs in Hyde Park for me tomorrow.

I saw ABC accompanied by the South Bank Philharmonic Orchestra last night at the Royal Albert Hall. Have to say that it was great evening out and Martin Fry can still crack out a good tune whilst wearing a gold lame suit when he wants to. Chuck in a 40 piece orchestra to back him and its quite something.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024