Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-League 22/23 10:24 - Jul 2 with 39262 viewstoboboly

Thought we could have a season long non-league thread, I know a few people on here are keen on groundhopping.

After Hillingdon Borough cancelled last minute last week I am heading to Raynes Park Vale v QPR XI today. Not a new ground but always good to make a ground tick "hooped" by watching QPR there.

Anyone else heading to a game today?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Non-League 22/23 on 10:51 - Aug 1 with 3435 viewsozranger

Non-League 22/23 on 14:20 - Jul 31 by Sonofpugwash

Shades of the Seventies....

https://www.isthmian.co.uk/league-approves-early-starts-to-help-clubs-with-th-71

It should also mean a few doubles for the ground hoppers. Could be some fun Saturdays coming up when not heading to QPR.
Non-League 22/23 on 12:00 - Aug 1 with 3377 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 09:53 - Jul 30 by terryb

Promoted at home to relegated!

Buckhurst Hill only came second in the ECL Division One South last season, even though they scored over 100 goals & more than Ipswich Wanderers.

I understand from Wanderers contacts that they were impressed by the facilities there.

Re: Buckhurst Hill - nice clubhouse, all beers in cans rather than poured so at least fresh. Pitch facilities basic but decent food outlet too.

One issue is cover, if it is very sunny or very wet there is only one stand to use and it isn't large. Otherwise it is all open (including behind both goals).

Tomorrow heading to Crawley Green v St Panteilemon in the SSML.

Non-League 22/23 on 14:40 - Aug 12 with 3197 viewsterryb

For any of you that can't make the Rotherham game next Saturday, I fffer my choice of matches in the FA Cup.

Brighouse - Penistone Church
Lichfield - Bugbrooke St Michaels
Shepshed Dynamo - Pinchbeck United
Ipswich Wanderers - Gorlestone (I used to secretary of Wanderers)
Leverstock Green - St Pantelelmon
Bishop's Cleve - Brimscombe & Thrupp
Easington Sports - Roman Glass St George
Baffins Melton Rovers - Horndean
Helston Athletic - Falmouth (Cornwall derby)
Torpoint Athletic - Mousehole (Cornwall derby)

Probably they all will be poor matches, but the qualifying rounds of the FA Cup are the best part of the competition.
Non-League 22/23 on 15:46 - Aug 12 with 3164 viewstoboboly

Anyone braving the heat tomorrow? Looks like some matches might have a late time change to avoid the worst of the heat.

Possibly heading to Colney Heath v Arlesey Town myself in the SSML.

Non-League 22/23 on 13:54 - Aug 22 with 3038 viewstoboboly

Went to Dunstable Town v West Essex yesterday. Not the greatest game but a decent bar. The FA Cup draw has just been and it is on 3rd Sept for those not going to Swansea:

Non-League 22/23 on 15:02 - Aug 22 with 2975 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Non-League 22/23 on 13:54 - Aug 22 by toboboly

Went to Dunstable Town v West Essex yesterday. Not the greatest game but a decent bar. The FA Cup draw has just been and it is on 3rd Sept for those not going to Swansea:

Marlow v Uxbridge otherwise known as the “M40 derby”!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Non-League 22/23 on 15:20 - Aug 22 with 2956 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 15:02 - Aug 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

Marlow v Uxbridge otherwise known as the “M40 derby”!

Non-League 22/23 on 15:53 - Aug 22 with 2909 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

If you haven't been to Marlow before it's walking distance from the Rebellion brewery and the ground is cheap for beers. Ironically a pint of rebellion was cheaper at the ground than the brewery....Not much seating though if you needed it.
Login to get fewer ads

Non-League 22/23 on 16:30 - Aug 22 with 2891 viewsterryb

I'm considering a visit back to my home town to watch Chesham against Peacehaven & Telscombe.

It would certainly be the first time that I would see the visitors play.
Non-League 22/23 on 09:04 - Aug 30 with 2708 viewstoboboly

Headed to Chelmsford City v Concord Rangers yesterday. Not a fan of running track stadiums but they have a good bar and very friendly at Chelmsford - although depending on where you decide to sit/stand the views can be pretty bad.

Non-League 22/23 on 09:57 - Aug 30 with 2668 viewsozranger

Non-League 22/23 on 09:04 - Aug 30 by toboboly

Headed to Chelmsford City v Concord Rangers yesterday. Not a fan of running track stadiums but they have a good bar and very friendly at Chelmsford - although depending on where you decide to sit/stand the views can be pretty bad.

I chose not to go to a game yesterday, even though there was one within walking distance. Three games in four days already was stretching the relationship with the missus as I headed to watch Charlton Ladies (a nine minute walk from my place) v London City Lionesses in the derby on Sunday arvo and the two QPR matches sandwiching that, including tonight.

The FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round is on this coming weekend and those not heading to Swansea could find some interesting ties.
Non-League 22/23 on 10:14 - Aug 30 with 2646 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dealing with this must have been murder

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2022/08/crow-n-goal-for-grantham-town-as-bird-attack
Non-League 22/23 on 10:54 - Aug 30 with 2635 viewsstowmarketrange

Non-League 22/23 on 10:14 - Aug 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2022/08/crow-n-goal-for-grantham-town-as-bird-attack

I see what you did there Baz.
Non-League 22/23 on 12:28 - Aug 30 with 2598 viewsozranger

Non-League 22/23 on 10:14 - Aug 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

It is not the fact that the ground is dug up by the crows, but that the surface becomes loose and easily moves when you step on it and thus extremely dangerous to play on. That is, the base for the grass has been taken away. This was a major concern back in Oz a few decades ago. I cannot remember what they did, but it took a little while to solve.
Non-League 22/23 on 13:22 - Sep 1 with 2492 viewstoboboly

Go smash it indded!

Non-League 22/23 on 10:44 - Sep 3 with 2378 viewstoboboly

Heading to Sevenoaks Town v K's today.

Any others heading to FA Cup games rather than Swansea?

Non-League 22/23 on 13:38 - Sep 4 with 2297 viewsterryb

Non-League 22/23 on 16:30 - Aug 22 by terryb

I'm considering a visit back to my home town to watch Chesham against Peacehaven & Telscombe.

It would certainly be the first time that I would see the visitors play.

I did go to this game, combining it with visiting family.

A 5-2 win to Chesham that could have been 8. That would have been unfair to Peacecombe though, as they gave maximum effort & continued to try to attack till the end.

It was easy to see the difference in ability between the top of step 3 & the top of step 5 though.
Non-League 22/23 on 11:40 - Sep 12 with 2099 viewstoboboly

Heading to Hastings Utd v K's tomorrow. Got the day off and going to spend the day in Hastings eating fish and chips and checking out the pubs.

Non-League 22/23 on 15:20 - Oct 11 with 1912 viewstoboboly

Being a sad bugger I went Groundhopping at the weekend in Kent. The guys in the link below organised the following:

Punjab United
Staplehurst Monarchs
Bearstead
Larkfield & New Hythe
Rusthall
Tunbridge Wells

They do a number across the year. You can let them book hotels/coaches or you can buy the tickets through them or you can just go yourself.

https://groundhopuk.wordpress.com/looking-forward/

Non-League 22/23 on 20:06 - Oct 17 with 1689 viewsaston_hoop

I'll stick this in the non-league thread as there are some cracking FA Cup ties for the non-league teams. Hoping for Hampton and Richmond beating Torquay so our own teenage keeper Matteo Salamon gets a game v Derby

1 South Shields v Forest Green Rovers
2 Bolton Wanderers v Barnsley
3 Boreham Wood v Eastleigh
4 Curzon Ashton v Cambridge United
5 Maidenhead United v Dagenham & Redbridge
6 Crawley Town v Accrington Stanley
7 Solihull Moors v Hartlepool United
8 Kidderminster Harriers or AFC Fylde v Gillingham
9 Peterborough United v Salford City
10 Sutton United v Farnborough
11 Grimsby Town v Plymouth Argyle
12 MK Dons v Yeovil Town or Taunton
13 Ebbsfleet United v FC Halifax Town
14 Carlisle United v Tranmere Rovers
15 Bracknell Town v Ipswich Town
16 Hendon or Chippenham Town v Lincoln City
17 Sheffield Wednesday v Morecambe
18 Hereford v Portsmouth
19 Shrewsbury Town v York City
20 Buxton v Merthyr Town
21 Charlton Athletic v Coalville Town
22 Weymouth v AFC Wimbledon
23 Newport County v Colchester United
24 Stockport County v Swindon Town
25 Doncaster Rovers v King's Lynn Town
26 Altrincham or Gateshead v Stevenage
27 Fleetwood Town v Oxford City
28 Burton Albion v Needham Market
29 Bradford City v Harrogate Town
30 Port Vale v Exeter City
31 Torquay United or Hampton & Richmond v Derby County
32 Bristol Rovers v Rochdale
33 Wycombe Wanderers v Walsall
34 Blyth Spartans or Wrexham v Oldham Athletic or Chester
35 Crewe Alexandra v Leyton Orient
36 Barnet v Chelmsford City
37 Woking v Oxford United
38 Chesterfield v Northampton Town
39 Cheltenham Town v Alvechurch
40 Barrow v Mansfield Town

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Non-League 22/23 on 20:56 - Oct 17 with 1649 viewsozranger

Some cracking games in that draw for the Cup. I'm actually more interested in the other NLS team, Fleet. This could be a big year for them and with Havant & Waterlooville going toe-to-toe with them at the top of the NL South, that will keep them going for more victories. For those who do not know, Ebbsfleet and Havant are the only two teams left in the top six leagues undefeated, both having played 11 games. Havant went out at the 4th Rd Quals and Fleet get to host NL FC Halifax Town. I feel they have a decent chance to move on to the second round.
Non-League 22/23 on 10:55 - Oct 18 with 1541 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 20:56 - Oct 17 by ozranger

Some cracking games in that draw for the Cup. I'm actually more interested in the other NLS team, Fleet. This could be a big year for them and with Havant & Waterlooville going toe-to-toe with them at the top of the NL South, that will keep them going for more victories. For those who do not know, Ebbsfleet and Havant are the only two teams left in the top six leagues undefeated, both having played 11 games. Havant went out at the 4th Rd Quals and Fleet get to host NL FC Halifax Town. I feel they have a decent chance to move on to the second round.

Curzon Ashton v Cambridge and Bracknell v Ipswich have cracking potential.

Non-League 22/23 on 11:06 - Oct 18 with 1528 viewsstowmarketrange

Non-League 22/23 on 10:55 - Oct 18 by toboboly

I was hoping for Needham market v Ipswich myself,but Burton Albion will do,unless it clashes with us against wba at home.
Non-League 22/23 on 11:20 - Oct 18 with 1519 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 11:06 - Oct 18 by stowmarketrange

I was hoping for Needham market v Ipswich myself,but Burton Albion will do,unless it clashes with us against wba at home.

Another great game. I imagine one of these will move to Friday and at least one to Sunday but you never know.

Non-League 22/23 on 16:03 - Oct 18 with 1454 viewsterryb

Non-League 22/23 on 10:55 - Oct 18 by toboboly

This has really annoyed me! Or very envious!

IF Chesham hadn't allowed Bracknell to equalise with the last kick of the game (and the small matter of needing to get through two more rounds), at home to Ipswich would have been the perfect draw for me. My home town against the town I live in.

The money that Bracknell will receive if it is televised live, will allow them to increase their budget & compete for promotion. The best of luck to them. And to Needham Market, although I will always dislike the man who has driven their incredible rise through the pyramid.

I'm also pleased to see Alvechurch reach the first round in over forty years. In 1971 it took six matches for them to defeat Oxford City in the fourth qualifying round. A record for the FA Cup .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024