Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-League 22/23 10:24 - Jul 2 with 39297 viewstoboboly

Thought we could have a season long non-league thread, I know a few people on here are keen on groundhopping.

After Hillingdon Borough cancelled last minute last week I am heading to Raynes Park Vale v QPR XI today. Not a new ground but always good to make a ground tick "hooped" by watching QPR there.

Anyone else heading to a game today?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Non-League 22/23 on 09:06 - Nov 17 with 3202 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Not Non-League this weekend but heading to Sutton United to tick a new ground off. Pub recommendations welcome.
Looking at Fischer FC for the weekend after, few breweries along the Bermondsey beer mile should make a good day out.
Non-League 22/23 on 09:47 - Nov 17 with 3169 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 09:06 - Nov 17 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Not Non-League this weekend but heading to Sutton United to tick a new ground off. Pub recommendations welcome.
Looking at Fischer FC for the weekend after, few breweries along the Bermondsey beer mile should make a good day out.

Haven't been to Sutton for donkeys, but can thoroughly recommend the Bermondsey Beer Mile

Non-League 22/23 on 10:01 - Nov 17 with 3151 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Non-League 22/23 on 09:06 - Nov 17 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Sutton High Street looks a good bet around there for pubs with the Shinner and Sudstone appealing to me most. Just around the corner from Wetherspoons and about a mile from the ground. Also the Nightingale a bit further away but sounds very good. Quite a few pubs in Cheam too but none really standing out for me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Non-League 22/23 on 13:07 - Nov 17 with 3064 viewsaston_hoop

Our young keeper Joe Walsh has joined Dorking Wanderers in case anyone was planning to find a reason to watch them soon.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Non-League 22/23 on 11:51 - Nov 22 with 2939 viewstoboboly

Last Saturday headed to Mile End Stadium to watch Tower Hamlets v Benfleet. Hamlets struggled and the facilities aren't great. Wore my QPR jacket and a dad asked if I was a scout, I said no, he didn't seem to believe me. Mate, if you're reading, all the players were crap.

Hopefully the weather holds off and will be heading to Barking v Buckhurst Hill tonight and Lewisham v Forest Hill Park tomorrow.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2022 11:51]

Non-League 22/23 on 12:29 - Nov 22 with 2906 viewsdmm

Last Saturday one of my sons and I went along to watch Tonbridge Angels v Bracknell Town in the FA trophy. Enjoyable game with Bracknell beating Tonbridge 4-2 despite being in a league lower.

Tonbridge play at Longmead stadium which has the smallest stand I've ever seen. I doubt more than 20 people could fit in it.
Non-League 22/23 on 13:15 - Nov 22 with 2893 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 12:29 - Nov 22 by dmm

Last Saturday one of my sons and I went along to watch Tonbridge Angels v Bracknell Town in the FA trophy. Enjoyable game with Bracknell beating Tonbridge 4-2 despite being in a league lower.

Tonbridge play at Longmead stadium which has the smallest stand I've ever seen. I doubt more than 20 people could fit in it.

Do they still do damn good burgers?

Non-League 22/23 on 13:17 - Nov 22 with 2892 viewsLowerloftLad

Non-League 22/23 on 13:15 - Nov 22 by toboboly

Been to a fair few chertsey games this season there doing well.

Off to watch chertsey town vs South Park in the surrey Cup tonight.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Non-League 22/23 on 14:35 - Nov 22 with 2856 viewsdmm

Non-League 22/23 on 13:15 - Nov 22 by toboboly

Didn't try one. I was disappointed with the ales on offer in the beer tent as I was hoping for something from the local brewery.
Non-League 22/23 on 16:17 - Nov 22 with 2837 viewsBostonR

Sat 3rd December - Harefield Utd v North Greenford Utd - FA Vase 3rd Rnd. The only two Middx clubs left in the competition get drawn against each other. A certain Mr Richard Pacqutte turns out for Harefield.
Nice ground and clubhouse. On their day NG are a very good side but have not hit form this season. Close game.
Non-League 22/23 on 09:21 - Nov 23 with 2752 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Non-League 22/23 on 16:17 - Nov 22 by BostonR

Sat 3rd December - Harefield Utd v North Greenford Utd - FA Vase 3rd Rnd. The only two Middx clubs left in the competition get drawn against each other. A certain Mr Richard Pacqutte turns out for Harefield.
Nice ground and clubhouse. On their day NG are a very good side but have not hit form this season. Close game.

I'm repeating myself here, but despite coming from less than a mile away from NGU's ground, I'd never been to a match until I went a few years ago with our own Toboholy.

Given that the last actual game I'd gone to before that was in the stadium England played Iran at, the contrast was huge. But I thoroughly enjoyed it; felt real. Really recommend going to see your local team.

Subsequent returns to Greenford-sur-canal have seen me wander over to watch a game. Can't talk it up enough. Indeed, just looked at their website and noticed Wembley FC tweeted appreciation for NGU cleaning up their dressing room after 'we' played at our noisy neighbours place. Top stuff!

I'm going to catch the games on 13 and 20 December if anyone else around. Mel might run a coach from the Black Horse* if there's enough.

Berkeley Fields Forever

* just in case...the BH is a short walk from NGU. No coaches will be run!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Non-League 22/23 on 17:09 - Nov 23 with 2695 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 09:21 - Nov 23 by PlanetHonneywood

I'm repeating myself here, but despite coming from less than a mile away from NGU's ground, I'd never been to a match until I went a few years ago with our own Toboholy.

Given that the last actual game I'd gone to before that was in the stadium England played Iran at, the contrast was huge. But I thoroughly enjoyed it; felt real. Really recommend going to see your local team.

Subsequent returns to Greenford-sur-canal have seen me wander over to watch a game. Can't talk it up enough. Indeed, just looked at their website and noticed Wembley FC tweeted appreciation for NGU cleaning up their dressing room after 'we' played at our noisy neighbours place. Top stuff!

I'm going to catch the games on 13 and 20 December if anyone else around. Mel might run a coach from the Black Horse* if there's enough.

Berkeley Fields Forever

It was a good day despite the 40 minute injury delay!

On the 3rd I am planning on heading to Croydon v Rochester United. What a time to be alive!

Non-League 22/23 on 22:06 - Nov 23 with 2631 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Non-League 22/23 on 17:09 - Nov 23 by toboboly

It was a good day despite the 40 minute injury delay!

On the 3rd I am planning on heading to Croydon v Rochester United. What a time to be alive!

And that 40 minutes of injury time was only for the first half. Seems incredulous, but true.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Non-League 22/23 on 22:17 - Nov 23 with 2627 viewskensalriser

Non-League 22/23 on 09:21 - Nov 23 by PlanetHonneywood

Berkeley Fields Forever

Snap - I'm also from less than a mile away and my primary school was even closer.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Non-League 22/23 on 12:56 - Nov 24 with 2566 viewsterryb

A big match for The Chesh this Saturday. Well worth a visit to the end of the Metropolitan Line!

Chesham at home to Truro, first against third in the Southern League Premier South. Truro are unbeaten this season in the league, as were Weston Super Mare until Chesham visited them.

I think my team will have to settle for the play offs (yes, I know, it's much too early) as catching the other two looks too big a task.
Non-League 22/23 on 10:08 - Nov 26 with 2496 viewstoboboly

I went to Lewisham Borough FC on Wednesday and just wanted to say they were one of the friendliest clubs I've been to. Also their burgers were epic. Right next to the Catford stations if anyone wants to head there.

Off to Aveley v Kingstonian today. Can't wait to see Aveley tear us a new one.

Non-League 22/23 on 17:40 - Dec 3 with 2385 viewsstowmarketrange

Just back from Stowmarket town v New Salamis,who had Derek Asamoah playing for them.
They took the lead just after Ht and looked good for a 2nd,but a harsh 2nd yellow card for their number 10 led directly to a Stow equaliser.Salamis broke away and scored their 2nd goal in the 1st of 5 minutes added time.Back came Stow and they equalised for a 2nd time in additional added time that resulted from the Salamis spending 2 minutes celebrating what they thought was the winner.
An entertaining but poor game watched by a crowd of 232,but boy was it cold in the 2nd half once the sun went down.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 17:41]
Non-League 22/23 on 08:32 - Dec 5 with 2202 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 17:40 - Dec 3 by stowmarketrange

Just back from Stowmarket town v New Salamis,who had Derek Asamoah playing for them.
They took the lead just after Ht and looked good for a 2nd,but a harsh 2nd yellow card for their number 10 led directly to a Stow equaliser.Salamis broke away and scored their 2nd goal in the 1st of 5 minutes added time.Back came Stow and they equalised for a 2nd time in additional added time that resulted from the Salamis spending 2 minutes celebrating what they thought was the winner.
An entertaining but poor game watched by a crowd of 232,but boy was it cold in the 2nd half once the sun went down.

Yeah it wasn't a pleasant day weather wise. I saw one of the worst games ever at Croydon, it finished 1-0 and i missed the goal. Typical.

Non-League 22/23 on 09:02 - Dec 5 with 2178 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Non-League 22/23 on 17:40 - Dec 3 by stowmarketrange

New Salamis.

Best named football club ever.
Non-League 22/23 on 17:25 - Dec 7 with 2084 viewstoboboly

Went to Biggleswade v Harlow last night, 8 goals, a red, a defender in goal after a keeper injury, it had the lot. If it hadn't had been for the absolute $hit trains making an hour long journey take 2 hours it would have been a great night.

However Harlow then curtailed their season and resigned from the league due to their incredibly poorly laid 3g pitch - surely they can sue whoever laid it for them?

https://www.harlowtownfootballclub.co.uk/news/club-statement-2747684.html

Non-League 22/23 on 11:14 - Dec 9 with 1986 viewstoboboly

Gonna be a cold one tomorrow - if the games do go ahead where are you thinking?

Harpenden Town v Tring Athletic for me

Non-League 22/23 on 15:55 - Dec 9 with 1955 viewsstowmarketrange

Non-League 22/23 on 11:14 - Dec 9 by toboboly

Gonna be a cold one tomorrow - if the games do go ahead where are you thinking?

Harpenden Town v Tring Athletic for me

Needham Market v Afc Rushden & Diamonds kick off at 1pm,so that might be my choice tomorrow.
Match postponed at the last minute due to a frozen pitch.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2022 13:00]
Non-League 22/23 on 21:11 - Dec 10 with 1878 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 15:55 - Dec 9 by stowmarketrange

Needham Market v Afc Rushden & Diamonds kick off at 1pm,so that might be my choice tomorrow.
Match postponed at the last minute due to a frozen pitch.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2022 13:00]

All mine were too. Crap day all round

Non-League 22/23 on 21:20 - Dec 10 with 1869 viewsstowmarketrange

Non-League 22/23 on 21:11 - Dec 10 by toboboly

All mine were too. Crap day all round

I had the pleasure of watching Preston playing in a typical Preston fashion instead.
Non-League 22/23 on 09:39 - Dec 14 with 1789 viewstoboboly

Nothing midweek due to strikes and weather. And I can see the weekend being a struggle for many non-league teams.

Had been hoping to do Berkhamsted but strike makes that a no go. Cannons Wood have recently left Harlow due to the pitch and are now not too far and play at Goffs Oak, could be a winner.

Anyone not going to PNE thinking of a non-league game this weekend?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024