Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. 23:27 - Jul 8 with 9268 viewsqpr_1968

loved bognor regis today, got burnt to f....
tomorrow the big game at crawley.

enniscrone...ireland

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 00:04 - Jul 9 with 5094 viewsMrSheen

Good one! I’ve got a new love for mudflats, so I will go for the Blackwater Estuary in Essex.Walked past Maylandsea in March, inland is nondescript but the shore is awesome.
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 00:06 - Jul 9 with 5082 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 00:04 - Jul 9 by MrSheen

Good one! I’ve got a new love for mudflats, so I will go for the Blackwater Estuary in Essex.Walked past Maylandsea in March, inland is nondescript but the shore is awesome.

If you love mudflats, you can’t beat Lydd at low tide.
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 00:09 - Jul 9 with 5079 viewsMrSheen

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 00:06 - Jul 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

If you love mudflats, you can’t beat Lydd at low tide.

Near Romney?

North Norfolk near Cley is good for that, though not a secret. My son was in Latvia up the coast from Riga and said there was a swamp there fit for any horror film.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2022 0:11]
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 01:44 - Jul 9 with 4985 viewsdistortR

peel to the point of Ayre, on the IOM. Roughly 25 miles of sandy/pebble beaches . Mostly accessible. Oyster catchers, ringed plovers, gannets, seals, basking sharks, wrecked ships, sand dunes, low cliffs etc. Solitude, nothing but the sound of the sea, sea birds and the wind. I drive it at least 3 times a week for work, and often go and walk the dog somewhere along the stretch at other times. When I'm there, i feel blessed.
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 03:04 - Jul 9 with 4948 viewsBoston

Finally, a thread about the coast of living.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 10:54 - Jul 9 with 4737 viewsAirtomoreira

Sandwood Bay, NW Scotland.

Not underrated, just very out of the way.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HotelsNear-g551902-d568371-Sandwood_Bay-Kinlochber
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 11:11 - Jul 9 with 4695 viewshubble

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 10:54 - Jul 9 by Airtomoreira

Sandwood Bay, NW Scotland.

Not underrated, just very out of the way.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HotelsNear-g551902-d568371-Sandwood_Bay-Kinlochber

Just had a look on google maps. Wow. That's somewhere I'd love to visit. Can you wild camp there?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 11:40 - Jul 9 with 4645 viewsderbyhoop

Northumberland, near Bamburgh Castle
West Scotland south of Mallaig.
Traore, SE ireland

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 12:01 - Jul 9 with 4607 views1MoreBrightonR

Went to Harris in the outer Hebrides during the pandemic. Incredible empty beaches... Just shame your nuts freeze off if you get near the water.
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 12:18 - Jul 9 with 4584 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Along the Swale from Sittingbourne to Faversham. I did a walk there a few years ago on a beautiful sunny day, not unlike today. Following the creek in a north-easterly direction out of town to the open water. The sea was out and the breeze was strong. The water fed in filling in all the gaps and turning the greens to blue. The seawall the only protection for the land behind and all it’s inhabitants. The sleepy village of Conyer preparing for an unusual but expected spring tide. Though not for me as the Shipwright Arms beckons!
[Post edited 9 Jul 2022 12:19]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 12:32 - Jul 9 with 4549 viewsDubaiR

I live 10 minutes from Dunwich and Southwold beach both lovely beaches.
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 13:17 - Jul 9 with 4471 viewsloftboy

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 12:32 - Jul 9 by DubaiR

Had a meal at the crown hotel in southwold the other week, would highly recommend.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 13:21 - Jul 9 with 4462 viewsNed_Kennedys

Love that area, used to go on a lot of family holidays there as a kid.
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 13:35 - Jul 9 with 4443 viewsDubaiR

Cheers mate will try it out
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 13:37 - Jul 9 with 4435 viewsDubaiR

Loftboy two from here going Blackburn away, my fuel paid for by work if you want to jump in
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 14:32 - Jul 9 with 4364 viewsted_hendrix

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 01:44 - Jul 9 by distortR

peel to the point of Ayre, on the IOM. Roughly 25 miles of sandy/pebble beaches . Mostly accessible. Oyster catchers, ringed plovers, gannets, seals, basking sharks, wrecked ships, sand dunes, low cliffs etc. Solitude, nothing but the sound of the sea, sea birds and the wind. I drive it at least 3 times a week for work, and often go and walk the dog somewhere along the stretch at other times. When I'm there, i feel blessed.

I'm envious (Shouldn't Be I know).

The view from the top of Croagh Patrick Is very special If you're lucky enough to catch a 'quiet moment' on a clear day, clear days aren't the norm In Mayo, done the climb twice with herself, once on a beautiful clear day and once on a damp drizzly day which can be quite dangerous.

The North Devon and Cornwall coastline In It's entirety takes some beating and Is a National treasure IMO.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 16:18 - Jul 9 with 4293 viewsNorthantsHoop

Doing a weeks holiday in Jersey, never been before, it is beautiful, fantastic beaches, lots of history and so easy to get around by car or bus. A real jewel of the British Isles.
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 16:22 - Jul 9 with 4280 viewsdistortR

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 14:32 - Jul 9 by ted_hendrix

I'm envious (Shouldn't Be I know).

The view from the top of Croagh Patrick Is very special If you're lucky enough to catch a 'quiet moment' on a clear day, clear days aren't the norm In Mayo, done the climb twice with herself, once on a beautiful clear day and once on a damp drizzly day which can be quite dangerous.

The North Devon and Cornwall coastline In It's entirety takes some beating and Is a National treasure IMO.

You misunderstand, I said IOM, not IMO

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 16:44 - Jul 9 with 4231 viewsloftboy

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 13:37 - Jul 9 by DubaiR

Loftboy two from here going Blackburn away, my fuel paid for by work if you want to jump in

Cheers but I’m flying home from Rhodes that day, booked long before I realised the season is starting early!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 17:07 - Jul 9 with 4182 viewsenfieldargh

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 11:11 - Jul 9 by hubble

Just had a look on google maps. Wow. That's somewhere I'd love to visit. Can you wild camp there?

you'd need to camp did you clock the prices of those hotels?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 19:21 - Jul 9 with 4104 viewscolinallcars

Ah, Adnams territory ! I go there often. Much of Dunwich, as I'm sure you know, slipped into the sea during a violent storm in 16 something.
I never fell for the story that on stormy nights, when the moon's holding water, you can hear the old church bells ringing from beneath the waves. Or the reason you can't get brown shrimps anymore is the fisherman fell overboard and had both of his legs cut off by the propellers.
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 19:31 - Jul 9 with 4081 viewsdanehoop

Nefyn, Pwellheli, North Wales.

Used to stay in Pwellheli in North Wales for a week with load of friends and family and play golf at the Nefyn Golf club each year.

Beautiful golf course which has a fantastic scenery across the Morfa Nefyn peninsula.

https://nefyn-golf-club.co.uk/gallery/

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g1475928-Morfa_Nefyn_Gwynedd_North_Wales_W

Never knowingly understood

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 20:12 - Jul 9 with 4035 viewsDubaiR

Didn’t know that, only moved to area in Jan. I will listen out next time
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 23:35 - Jul 9 with 3917 viewsNewBee

The Causeway Coast road in Northern Ireland.

On a good day it's up there with the Big Sur in California, or the Corniche on the French Riviera.

And best of all, you're guaranteed a good day at least once every five years!
Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 08:54 - Jul 10 with 3764 viewsPikey

Underated coast line/seaside..gb and ireland. on 11:40 - Jul 9 by derbyhoop

Northumberland, near Bamburgh Castle
West Scotland south of Mallaig.
Traore, SE ireland

Northumberland coastline is fantastic.
Down south alwsys like Lyme Bay on the Jurassic coast ,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024