Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendos' back 17:07 - Jul 12 with 12412 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/july/ianhendersonreturns/

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hendos' back on 21:34 - Jul 12 with 4940 viewsboromat

Hendos' back on 21:25 - Jul 12 by TVOS1907

You obviously don't read TVOS.....

Le Fondre scored 41 goals in 6,588 minutes of action for Dale. (160 mins per goal)

Henderson has so far scored 126 goals in 32,712 minutes of action. (260 mins per goal)

Accurate figures for Taylor aren't available.

I do but my memory is more sieve than sponge.

Great stat!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hendos' back on 21:54 - Jul 12 with 4831 viewsLaveritty

"Ian Henderson will never break Rochdale's/Reg Jenkins' scoring record!"

That was something that was reported to have been said smugly by one of the despicable and long since departed board members around the time of Hendo's contract negotiations back in 2020.

It was mentioned on here a while back (I seem to remember it was on one of the many threads about Roger and his cronies after they had been removed from their positions) and has stuck in my mind as it struck me as a very churlish and mealy mouthed thing to say about one of the club's greatest ever players.

Can anyone confirm which of the shysters came out with that statement so that when (surely/hopefully it is a "when" rather than an "if") he does pass the milestone we can shove those words down his throat and ensure he enjoys eating his words!!!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Hendos' back on 22:31 - Jul 12 with 4662 views442Dale

Hendos' back on 20:12 - Jul 12 by boromat

Both have better goal per game ratios for Rochdale but played roughly 100 games compared to Hendo's ~350. Don't think either had a couple of seasons on the wing and a game at right back either .

Seriously it's impossible to say for me. Personally, I never saw Taylor play and I'd choose Hendo over Le Fondre every time. Would love to know what Le Fondres minutes per goal for us was though as he had a hell of a lot of substitute appearances from what I remember.

Wasn’t really trying to compare them all as players, more the particular aspect of being a natural finisher.

He probably didn’t mean to, but TVOS’s stats sort of back it up with the mins per goal info. Henderson would start ahead of both ALF and Taylor though.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hendos' back on 23:37 - Jul 12 with 4440 viewsD_Alien

Hendos' back on 21:54 - Jul 12 by Laveritty

"Ian Henderson will never break Rochdale's/Reg Jenkins' scoring record!"

That was something that was reported to have been said smugly by one of the despicable and long since departed board members around the time of Hendo's contract negotiations back in 2020.

It was mentioned on here a while back (I seem to remember it was on one of the many threads about Roger and his cronies after they had been removed from their positions) and has stuck in my mind as it struck me as a very churlish and mealy mouthed thing to say about one of the club's greatest ever players.

Can anyone confirm which of the shysters came out with that statement so that when (surely/hopefully it is a "when" rather than an "if") he does pass the milestone we can shove those words down his throat and ensure he enjoys eating his words!!!

I've been a fierce critic of Hendo, especially during the time when he was sent off in quick succession in the games at Oldham and Wigan, 2015/16? But that was due to wanting Dale to succeed and his actions during that period were detrimental to the cause. And when he left, seemingly under a cloud two years ago, i too wasn't disappointed that Reg's record remained intact

But time moves on, and i'm delighted he's back. Whichever disgraced figure you're quoting there, was completely out of order

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendos' back on 00:33 - Jul 13 with 4323 viewsSandyman

This is so much "the right thing to do" after Regime de Roger couldn't cope with somebody at the club being more important than The Great Roger, and booting Hendo out to assist Roger's managed relegation / champagne celebration.

Plenty anecdotal evidence to support the above. Been told from reliable people that Roger claimed "he would go to his grave safe in the knowledge that Hendo would not break Reg's record."

Another foolish boast from an absolute clown. Makes me think of a Smokey Robinson song, "Tears of a Roger" or summat like that.
Hendos' back on 06:59 - Jul 13 with 4074 viewsdavidab2202

From my prospective it is very much irrelevant when and if he breaks Reg's goal scoring record ,both players are absolute Dale legends from my many years of Dale watching
Hendos' back on 07:36 - Jul 13 with 3992 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hendos' back on 00:33 - Jul 13 by Sandyman

This is so much "the right thing to do" after Regime de Roger couldn't cope with somebody at the club being more important than The Great Roger, and booting Hendo out to assist Roger's managed relegation / champagne celebration.

Plenty anecdotal evidence to support the above. Been told from reliable people that Roger claimed "he would go to his grave safe in the knowledge that Hendo would not break Reg's record."

Another foolish boast from an absolute clown. Makes me think of a Smokey Robinson song, "Tears of a Roger" or summat like that.

More than anecdotal evidence Sandyman.

By June 2020, Fat Pat was carefully watching Roger's every move and she remembers the Hendo's Instagram post from June 2020 which said:

"To find out my 7 1/2 year association with AFC Rochdale was coming to an end via social media was a shock to say the least. I only received an email yesterday morning confirming that the offer the club had previously made to extend my contract was being retracted and I was therefore being released. I am not just shocked but unbelievably upset and disappointed to have found this out in this manner. It was always my intention to try and stay at Rochdale and make it to my testimonial year and try and become the all time top scorer of the football club.

I had been in negotiations with the football club, for some time, regarding an extension prior to the covid-19 pandemic but if I am honest the lines of communication were extremely inconsistent to say the least. I was not trying to ask for more money than what the club was offering and we ended up at a stand-off over some minor details. The negotiations became protracted and it became clear I was not being told the full truth. I would have thought with all that I have given to this football club over those 7 1/2 years would have meant I would have been treated with a level of respect, the same level of respect I have always shown them.

Anyway, unfortunately I will now be leaving a football club, so dear to mine and my family’s heart, but not in the way I had dreamed and envisioned it ending.

Finally I would like to thank the incredible supporters who I have always had such a special relationship and affinity with and I hope I have brought some happiness and joy to you throughout my time with the football club. I can leave knowing I left all that I could give out there on the football pitch and with my head held high. I am big enough to take things on the chin and one thing this current pandemic has shown us all is life is too short and precious and therefore I will not hold a grudge. Up the Dale.”

I bet Roger's skin is crawling knowing that at some point at every game next year some Dale fan will ask Hendo to tell us what really happened.

And with hindsight it is clear.

June 2020 - Bottomley exited the talisman who helped us get into League 1 and stay there.
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/chairmanstatement_220620/

April 2021 - held a beauty parade at the Swindon game, which included the Speakmans, which was only known about by fluke that a number of fans protesting against Roger caught the whole thing and all the participants on camera.
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/april/statement_swindongame/

April 2021 - Roger quoted the "law of the land" at supporters all whilst meeting up with Jarvis, Curran and Southall witnessed by Fat Pat and half of Rochdale.

June 2021 - the selling of the plan to supporters to support a blind takeover was trailed all over the media.
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/updatetosupporters/

June 2021 - motions withdrawn by the then Board at the EGM to give blind control to an investor, Martin Halsall, who pulls out before the EGM and a loss of a vote which kicked Roger off the Board.
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/boardstatement030621/

July 2021 - a sudden unwanted and blindsided hostile attack from nowhere by an unknown faceless payroll company from London which has led to a full blown EFL investigation which is still ongoing nearly a year later.

August 2021 - an admission in the national press that it was a "hostile takeover" (credit: Captain Sabotage Alexander Jarvis)
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/05/efl-investigating-homophobic-slu

And the biggest cock-up from our former CEO was that in that 1 June statement to supporters it says very clearly "The resolutions proposed by the club at Tuesday’s EGM, if they were to be passed, would allow negotiations with any interested parties to be taken to the next level.

Shareholders ensured that from vociferous questioning of Roger those motions were withdrawn on the night and never ever voted on.

So there was never a "next level" in fact that became "game over" for Roger as he was voted off the Board by shareholders moments later.

Roger will have seen the news of Hendo's return and winced because Roger know what really went on.

He's going to wince every time Hendo sticks one in the net and wince again when he overhauls Reg; despite all of Roger's best efforts.

This is so much "the right thing to do" - a theme the club seemingly continues to try to practice at every turn post Roger.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hendos' back on 09:13 - Jul 13 with 3805 viewsDaleiLama

Hendos' back on 07:36 - Jul 13 by RAFCBLUE

By June 2020, Fat Pat was carefully watching Roger's every move and she remembers the Hendo's Instagram post from June 2020 which said:

"To find out my 7 1/2 year association with AFC Rochdale was coming to an end via social media was a shock to say the least. I only received an email yesterday morning confirming that the offer the club had previously made to extend my contract was being retracted and I was therefore being released. I am not just shocked but unbelievably upset and disappointed to have found this out in this manner. It was always my intention to try and stay at Rochdale and make it to my testimonial year and try and become the all time top scorer of the football club.

I had been in negotiations with the football club, for some time, regarding an extension prior to the covid-19 pandemic but if I am honest the lines of communication were extremely inconsistent to say the least. I was not trying to ask for more money than what the club was offering and we ended up at a stand-off over some minor details. The negotiations became protracted and it became clear I was not being told the full truth. I would have thought with all that I have given to this football club over those 7 1/2 years would have meant I would have been treated with a level of respect, the same level of respect I have always shown them.

Anyway, unfortunately I will now be leaving a football club, so dear to mine and my family’s heart, but not in the way I had dreamed and envisioned it ending.

Finally I would like to thank the incredible supporters who I have always had such a special relationship and affinity with and I hope I have brought some happiness and joy to you throughout my time with the football club. I can leave knowing I left all that I could give out there on the football pitch and with my head held high. I am big enough to take things on the chin and one thing this current pandemic has shown us all is life is too short and precious and therefore I will not hold a grudge. Up the Dale.”

I bet Roger's skin is crawling knowing that at some point at every game next year some Dale fan will ask Hendo to tell us what really happened.

June 2020 - Bottomley exited the talisman who helped us get into League 1 and stay there.

April 2021 - held a beauty parade at the Swindon game, which included the Speakmans, which was only known about by fluke that a number of fans protesting against Roger caught the whole thing and all the participants on camera.

April 2021 - Roger quoted the "law of the land" at supporters all whilst meeting up with Jarvis, Curran and Southall witnessed by Fat Pat and half of Rochdale.

June 2021 - the selling of the plan to supporters to support a blind takeover was trailed all over the media.

June 2021 - motions withdrawn by the then Board at the EGM to give blind control to an investor, Martin Halsall, who pulls out before the EGM and a loss of a vote which kicked Roger off the Board.

July 2021 - a sudden unwanted and blindsided hostile attack from nowhere by an unknown faceless payroll company from London which has led to a full blown EFL investigation which is still ongoing nearly a year later.

August 2021 - an admission in the national press that it was a "hostile takeover" (credit: Captain Sabotage Alexander Jarvis)
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/05/efl-investigating-homophobic-slu

And the biggest cock-up from our former CEO was that in that 1 June statement to supporters it says very clearly "The resolutions proposed by the club at Tuesday’s EGM, if they were to be passed, would allow negotiations with any interested parties to be taken to the next level.

Shareholders ensured that from vociferous questioning of Roger those motions were withdrawn on the night and never ever voted on.

So there was never a "next level" in fact that became "game over" for Roger as he was voted off the Board by shareholders moments later.

Roger will have seen the news of Hendo's return and winced because Roger know what really went on.

He's going to wince every time Hendo sticks one in the net and wince again when he overhauls Reg; despite all of Roger's best efforts.

This is so much "the right thing to do" - a theme the club seemingly continues to try to practice at every turn post Roger.

Fantastic news on Hendo. Open arms. Welcome home.

Struggling with the Hendo Instagram post though - as DRB describes himself as "exceptionally articulate communicator with vast media experience; exhibiting excellent organisational and interpersonal skills at all business levels."

How could our leading scorer and club legend have an offer be retracted by e-mail and the club be relegated with a hand like that on the tiller. Oh.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Hendos' back on 09:19 - Jul 13 with 3773 viewsjudd

Hendos' back on 07:36 - Jul 13 by RAFCBLUE

All very good points, RAFCBLUE.

In addition to the anecdotal evidence mentioned earlier, which all appears to be in line of Bottomley's DNA and MO, we had this remarkable statement in the accounts for the year ENDING May 2020:

"The increase in profits is due to prudent management of the budget for players and coaches wage costs, taking difficult decisions in sadly not trying to retain our higher cost players..."

It took the same question to be asked THREE times before Bottomley finally admitted the statement should not have been in those accounts.

The statement speaks volumes about how much Bottomley wanted Hendo gone and he wanted to take the credit for prudent management of costs and generating a significant profit, whilst at the same time feathering his own nest and that of some of his sycophants.

I think I read somewhere that Bottomley had told people Hendo would not break Reg's record whilst Bottomley was at the club.

How fookin' prescient.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hendos' back on 09:37 - Jul 13 with 3697 viewsdawlishdale

I too was told that Bottomley bragged about the part he had played in ensuring that Reg Jenkins' record would not be broken by Hendo.

There would seem to be enough people who have heard similarly for it to be false.

My best guess is/was that Henderson and his agent(s) were considerably cleverer than Roger when it came to negotiating, and that Roger stopped communicating with them over a new contract when he realised that he was up against smarter people.

It's yet another reason to wish Bottomley nothing but the worst. I wonder how many other instances of his bad business sense the new board have uncovered...
Hendos' back on 09:52 - Jul 13 with 3633 viewsTalkingSutty

Hendos' back on 09:37 - Jul 13 by dawlishdale

I too was told that Bottomley bragged about the part he had played in ensuring that Reg Jenkins' record would not be broken by Hendo.

There would seem to be enough people who have heard similarly for it to be false.

My best guess is/was that Henderson and his agent(s) were considerably cleverer than Roger when it came to negotiating, and that Roger stopped communicating with them over a new contract when he realised that he was up against smarter people.

It's yet another reason to wish Bottomley nothing but the worst. I wonder how many other instances of his bad business sense the new board have uncovered...

That decision to not offer Hendo a new contract was pivotal to the controlled relegation, it ensured that Bottomley could pop his cork when relegation was achieved...and he did. He knew full well that Henderson’s goals would have probably secured our L1 status and so did BBM and there was no way Bottomley was going to allow that to happen.

How much has that relegation cost the club, not just now but going forward? That is the sort of financial damage that Bottomley and his cronies have caused and it’s probably just the tip of the iceberg. They thought the club belonged to themselves and they could do want they wanted with it, the shareholders being just a pushover who didn’t really care about the club.
Hendos' back on 10:04 - Jul 13 with 3592 viewsjudd

Hendos' back on 09:37 - Jul 13 by dawlishdale

I may be barking up the wrong crying tree here but didn't the club issue legal proceedings against a former director and employee?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hendos' back on 10:06 - Jul 13 with 3585 viewsblackdogblue

Unless I have missed this question somewhere, with EOC leaving who’s taking the reigns of the Captains Armband - Hendo again?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Hendos' back on 10:18 - Jul 13 with 3543 viewsBainesy15

Hendos' back on 10:06 - Jul 13 by blackdogblue

Unless I have missed this question somewhere, with EOC leaving who’s taking the reigns of the Captains Armband - Hendo again?

It's been EEL in pre-season so far I think, there was a picture with Brierley but I doubt that would be permanent
Hendos' back on 11:04 - Jul 13 with 3378 viewssamueloneils

I notice EEL didnt play in the Chesterfield game. An early knock?
Hendos' back on 14:38 - Jul 13 with 2946 viewsjonahwhereru

Hendos' back on 10:06 - Jul 13 by blackdogblue

I would not want to see him as captain again. He has so many strengths but captaincy isn’t one of them for me.
That is not to say that I can immediately offer another name. Jim was a captain on and off the field (PFA rep), but your captain need to be a virtual automatic choice, and Jim should be concentrating on coaching. I have never been a fan of having a forward as a captain because they I just feel it ties the manager in a bit, as many baulk at dropping a captain.
Hendos' back on 20:45 - Jul 14 with 2218 viewsJames1980

Hendo answering quick fire questions.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Hendos' back on 09:17 - Jul 15 with 1791 viewsmikehunt

Well, that was nice. He seems genuinely happy to be back.
Hope he can stay on in some kind of capacity once he hangs his boots up. Someone who has Dale in his heart (as Big Jim appears to) is, indeed, a rarity.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024