Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? 21:37 - Jul 30 with 17326 viewsDejR_vu

There's been some debate on other threads about LF.

Les was appointed DoF in Feb 2015. We were relegated, bottom. Burnley and Hull were relegated with us.

We left behind the likes of Aston Villa and Newcastle, who have been relegated since but are back in the Premier League. There were Stoke and West Brom who, although now in the Championship, stayed in the Premier League for a few more seasons before getting relegated.

Sunderland survived that year.

Leicester had been promoted with us the previous season.

Crystal Palace had survived their first season.

In the Championship that season were Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich, Middlesbrough, Brentford, Wolves, Cardiff, Forest, Leeds, Fulham.

Sheff Utd were in league One.

Clubs have been relegated with big wage bills, but promoted since. Clubs have traded their way to the Premier League. Clubs have produced academy players they've sold for big money.

We've wasted parachute money, we've sold one player for big money, and had smaller wins with a couple more. We've let Manning, and BOS slip through our fingers for nothing. Our academy hasn't produced a player who's been sold for money under LF's watch.

The best striker we've had is a bloke we borrowed twice who had a two month purple patch.

Looking at that list, Sunderland and Hull have done worse than us.

Burnley, Newcastle, Leicester, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich, Brentford, Wolves, Fulham and Sheff Utd have all done significantly better. I think you can add Cardiff, West Brom and Stoke to that list. Villa, Leeds and Forest are all in the Premier League now.

Different clubs with different ways of doing things, but all more successful than us, even though we had the advantage of Premier League money / parachute money over many of them back then.

How can anyone claim LF is doing a good job? I'm genuinely interested. I can't fathom it.

[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 21:45]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 17:22 - Aug 2 with 1310 viewsdaveB

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 17:08 - Aug 2 by stanistheman

not remotely true. Fulham were struggling near the bottom when Jokanovic (having been overlooked by the DoF) took the job at Fulham. Go check the tables for 2015.

It was only Fulhams second year down after over a decade in the top flight so they were in a much stronger financial position than we were. It also still took them 4 years to get back up via the playoffs
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 17:29 - Aug 2 with 1275 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 17:10 - Aug 2 by stanistheman

That doesn't make you a bad fan, just not the fan I want to be like. I want to watch a winning team and have a chance of playing near the top against the better teams.

I want a twelve inch cock but I’ve made peace with reality. So should you.
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 17:54 - Aug 2 with 1236 viewseastside_r

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 17:29 - Aug 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

That’s easy to solve mate - just fold it in half!
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 21:20 - Aug 2 with 1048 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Have to make do with 11" like me Baz 🙄

Poll: Expectations for this season?

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 22:01 - Aug 2 with 950 viewsBoston

If you stand outside Compton's Public House in Soho for ten minutes, one will find you.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 22:03]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024