Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? 21:37 - Jul 30 with 17324 viewsDejR_vu

There's been some debate on other threads about LF.

Les was appointed DoF in Feb 2015. We were relegated, bottom. Burnley and Hull were relegated with us.

We left behind the likes of Aston Villa and Newcastle, who have been relegated since but are back in the Premier League. There were Stoke and West Brom who, although now in the Championship, stayed in the Premier League for a few more seasons before getting relegated.

Sunderland survived that year.

Leicester had been promoted with us the previous season.

Crystal Palace had survived their first season.

In the Championship that season were Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich, Middlesbrough, Brentford, Wolves, Cardiff, Forest, Leeds, Fulham.

Sheff Utd were in league One.

Clubs have been relegated with big wage bills, but promoted since. Clubs have traded their way to the Premier League. Clubs have produced academy players they've sold for big money.

We've wasted parachute money, we've sold one player for big money, and had smaller wins with a couple more. We've let Manning, and BOS slip through our fingers for nothing. Our academy hasn't produced a player who's been sold for money under LF's watch.

The best striker we've had is a bloke we borrowed twice who had a two month purple patch.

Looking at that list, Sunderland and Hull have done worse than us.

Burnley, Newcastle, Leicester, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich, Brentford, Wolves, Fulham and Sheff Utd have all done significantly better. I think you can add Cardiff, West Brom and Stoke to that list. Villa, Leeds and Forest are all in the Premier League now.

Different clubs with different ways of doing things, but all more successful than us, even though we had the advantage of Premier League money / parachute money over many of them back then.

How can anyone claim LF is doing a good job? I'm genuinely interested. I can't fathom it.

[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 21:45]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 21:14 - Aug 1 with 2253 viewsdigswellhoop

must have a secret on a board member 😉
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 21:18 - Aug 1 with 2242 viewsdigswellhoop

he isn't full stop
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 21:30 - Aug 1 with 2185 viewsconnell10

Les is a legend who ill always always give the benefit of the doubt to. Simple as that really ...oh and I think he has done a great job under the circumstances. Love the bloke.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 21:35 - Aug 1 with 2176 viewsqueensparker

Hoos has been a godsend as a CEO. We’re lucky to have him.

IMO the next person who put the club back on track culturally and heading in the right direction was Warburton - but we got rid of him. Beale has big shoes to fill there.

Les I’m on the fence about as a Director of Football. A legend as a player.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 21:35]
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 21:52 - Aug 1 with 2126 viewspaulparker

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 19:22 - Aug 1 by dm97

Jesus wept - are we bottom at Christmas or lost a narrow opening game of the season? Even the second tier pod guys gave picked up on the nuclear reaction, embarrassing

Narrow loss

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 01:01 - Aug 2 with 2042 viewsDejR_vu

Why are people so keen to deliberately misinterpret things?

The only overreaction seems to be from those desperate to be offended by someone daring to question whether someone at the club is the right person for the job. I’ve been critical of LF for years and particularly after MW’s departure but it’s being spun as a reaction to the Blackburn defeat. If I had posted that particular thread in the Summer, I strongly suspect it would have been met with ”Why now, when we’ve just appointed a new manager? Give him a chance (even though it’s not about the manager). You’re not a real supporter”. If it was 10 games into the season and we’re bottom it would be “why now when the team needs support (even though it’s not about the team/manager). Go and support someone else”. If it’s at the end of the season and we finish mid-table it would be “Why now? We haven’t been relegated. What do you expect, we’re QPR (as if it’s some kind of disease)?”

Like I said, LF has been in the job 7.5 years. When do I have permission to ask the question?

The reality is, LF is beyond even a hint of criticism to many in here. The only ‘Frenzy’ is from those desperate to moan at the so called moaners.

The most dangerous people are the people who sit in silence turning a blind eye.

Very sad that on a QPR forum you can’t raise a legitimate question without getting the sort of reaction there’s been on here.

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 07:03 - Aug 2 with 1956 viewsHunterhoop

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 01:01 - Aug 2 by DejR_vu

The only overreaction seems to be from those desperate to be offended by someone daring to question whether someone at the club is the right person for the job. I’ve been critical of LF for years and particularly after MW’s departure but it’s being spun as a reaction to the Blackburn defeat. If I had posted that particular thread in the Summer, I strongly suspect it would have been met with ”Why now, when we’ve just appointed a new manager? Give him a chance (even though it’s not about the manager). You’re not a real supporter”. If it was 10 games into the season and we’re bottom it would be “why now when the team needs support (even though it’s not about the team/manager). Go and support someone else”. If it’s at the end of the season and we finish mid-table it would be “Why now? We haven’t been relegated. What do you expect, we’re QPR (as if it’s some kind of disease)?”

Like I said, LF has been in the job 7.5 years. When do I have permission to ask the question?

The reality is, LF is beyond even a hint of criticism to many in here. The only ‘Frenzy’ is from those desperate to moan at the so called moaners.

The most dangerous people are the people who sit in silence turning a blind eye.

Very sad that on a QPR forum you can’t raise a legitimate question without getting the sort of reaction there’s been on here.

Christ, you’ve posted the same thing twice on two different threads.

May suggest the question can and has been raised. This and some of the posts would indicate he is not beyond criticism! And I’m sure he’ll continue to be criticised in future. If it’s after every loss though, it might get a tad dull.
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 07:40 - Aug 2 with 1910 viewshubble

So in conclusion, I think it's safe to say that Les is not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 08:11 - Aug 2 with 1890 viewsDejR_vu

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 07:03 - Aug 2 by Hunterhoop

May suggest the question can and has been raised. This and some of the posts would indicate he is not beyond criticism! And I’m sure he’ll continue to be criticised in future. If it’s after every loss though, it might get a tad dull.

Because it’s relevant to both.

I’ll duplicate the answer again, for your benefit.

😂Point. Spectacularly. Missed. As. You. Say. What. Did.I. Expect? 😂

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 08:24 - Aug 2 with 1855 viewstraininvain

Glad you pointed that out, thought I had deja vu.
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 09:02 - Aug 2 with 1794 viewsHunterhoop

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 08:11 - Aug 2 by DejR_vu

Because it’s relevant to both.

I’ll duplicate the answer again, for your benefit.

😂Point. Spectacularly. Missed. As. You. Say. What. Did.I. Expect? 😂

“Listen to me! Listen to me! Oh, why won’t everyone listen to me?! I have relevant things to say.”
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 09:12 - Aug 2 with 1778 viewsDejR_vu

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 09:02 - Aug 2 by Hunterhoop

“Listen to me! Listen to me! Oh, why won’t everyone listen to me?! I have relevant things to say.”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 09:22 - Aug 2 with 1753 viewsTeddRanger

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 21:35 - Aug 1 by queensparker

Hoos has been a godsend as a CEO. We’re lucky to have him.

IMO the next person who put the club back on track culturally and heading in the right direction was Warburton - but we got rid of him. Beale has big shoes to fill there.

Les I’m on the fence about as a Director of Football. A legend as a player.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 21:35]

this
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 09:57 - Aug 2 with 1666 viewsDannyPaddox

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 19:25 - Jul 31 by digswellhoop

ethics hes a great player not a director of football

it was ethics models namely the Lancaster Bomber that got me into glue-sniffing
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 10:09 - Aug 2 with 1633 viewsSonofpugwash

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 09:57 - Aug 2 by DannyPaddox

it was ethics models namely the Lancaster Bomber that got me into glue-sniffing

Ethics - that's near Thuthex?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 10:40 - Aug 2 with 1585 viewsDannyPaddox

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 10:09 - Aug 2 by Sonofpugwash

Ethics - that's near Thuthex?

Funny you thay that. I’ve jutht tharted a novel thet in the nineteenth thentury called the Ethics Therpent.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 10:44]
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 11:12 - Aug 2 with 1524 viewsdm97

This - it isnt the question of LF's ability as a DoF that is infuriating (clearly Luton, Cov, Norwich (in the past at least) have far superior technical directors). It is the clockwork nature of rolling out the Evil Les Bandwagon TM after a loss that grates.

We dont know if the signings this summer are good yet, we dont know who they're after/who they will get in the remainder of the transfer window, we dont know if Beale is a good appointment, we dont know if sacking Warbs was the right thing to do, and a 1-0 loss doesnt change ANY of that (and nor would a 1-0 win)!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 11:12]
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 11:26 - Aug 2 with 1477 viewsNortholt_Rs

Our U23s lost 0-8 to Bmouth U23s on Saturday.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 11:44 - Aug 2 with 1402 viewsfrancisbowles

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 11:26 - Aug 2 by Northolt_Rs

A very young side for us, nothing on the Bournemouth site to get their team. I think they might be annoyed we sent our more experienced players to the other 'U23' game that afternoon.
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 15:52 - Aug 2 with 1210 viewskensalriser

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 10:40 - Aug 2 by DannyPaddox

Funny you thay that. I’ve jutht tharted a novel thet in the nineteenth thentury called the Ethics Therpent.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 10:44]

Go up the Ethics road for long enough and you'll arrive at Newington Green.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 16:54 - Aug 2 with 1135 viewsDannyPaddox

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 15:52 - Aug 2 by kensalriser

Go up the Ethics road for long enough and you'll arrive at Newington Green.

Rock on!

David Ethics
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 17:01 - Aug 2 with 1110 viewsJuzzie

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 11:26 - Aug 2 by Northolt_Rs

Stress testing defenders maybe?

Either that or Les, Hoos, Beale, Ramsey, cleaner, catering staff, kit-man, physio etc OUT!
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 17:08 - Aug 2 with 1080 viewsstanistheman

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 15:13 - Aug 1 by Welsh_Ranger

Sadly we are not comparable with Fulham, they have succesfully bounced between the two divisions for years and admittedly might have bought players as did Toon but the difference is that they had the nucleus of a good team at Championship level, we were a basket case when we came down with leaches sucking us dry and nothing remotely stable about us. As with the other clubs you mention the foundations were already in place!

not remotely true. Fulham were struggling near the bottom when Jokanovic (having been overlooked by the DoF) took the job at Fulham. Go check the tables for 2015.
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 17:10 - Aug 2 with 1070 viewsstanistheman

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 20:44 - Aug 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Count me in as one of those.

I don’t care what division we are in. Am I a bad fan?

That doesn't make you a bad fan, just not the fan I want to be like. I want to watch a winning team and have a chance of playing near the top against the better teams.
How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 17:14 - Aug 2 with 1031 viewsstanistheman

How does Les Ferdinand get away with it? on 01:01 - Aug 2 by DejR_vu

Agree with that statement.

i have been critical since 2014 when he was, imho, ill advising Fernandes not to sack Redknapp to give us a better chance of getting into mid table.

I understand he is a club legend as a player and cares for the club, but so was Ray Wilkins, but it didn't make him a good manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024