Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black cats Match thread....... 23:11 - Aug 12 with 56390 viewsqpr_1968

i think i could be alone here, but i'm going for a 1-0 win.

brave or stupid, i reckon mr beale will do his homework, tighten up the defence, and we will nick it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:24 - Aug 14 with 1531 viewsBoston

We shall never surrender, whatever the leg injury cost may be, we'll fight on Roker Beaches, at their coal yards, the whippet tracks....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:49 - Aug 14 with 1439 viewsBoston

Better memory fans...I've travelled to Sunderland on a number of occasions, both the Stadium of Light and Roker Park. I recall the journey to Roker included a long walk from the train to the ground, think the station was called Hendon. Am I right?
Roker Park was actually a pretty nice area, if a little windy.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:57 - Aug 14 with 1397 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Black cats Match thread....... on 15:49 - Aug 14 by Boston

Better memory fans...I've travelled to Sunderland on a number of occasions, both the Stadium of Light and Roker Park. I recall the journey to Roker included a long walk from the train to the ground, think the station was called Hendon. Am I right?

Don't remember the name of the train station, but you're right about the long walk I think. Think we drove or got the coach every time because of the hoof. Used to be a real hassle convincing the local plod that we were parked up the sidestreets. Then it was 50/50 whether we'd get back to the car without some grief from the locals.

Always dark when we played in Roker. Sunset was about 1.14pm all year 'round.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Black cats Match thread....... on 16:00 - Aug 14 with 1386 viewsqpr_1968

last time i was at roker park was 1991, we beat them 1-0, andy tilson.
went with the lsa though.....that away end was something else, open, windy and freezing.
think it was near the seafront.....seaburn if i remember rightly.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Black cats Match thread....... on 20:53 - Aug 14 with 1158 viewsdezzar

Seaburn was the nearest station to Roker , I think . Hendon was near the docks , respect to you if you went near there in the old days. Seen a few comments praising Rangers fans in their RTG website . Always preferred Sunderland fans to their friends up the road.
Black cats Match thread....... on 22:37 - Aug 14 with 987 viewsstanistheman

Black cats Match thread....... on 18:18 - Aug 13 by benhurst

Of all the games to stop watching after 70 minutes...

I switched off at half time and glad I did, as they would probably have not comeback to draw. Well done to them for fighting back with 2 cracking goals. Can Beale please start with Roberts and Armstrong against Blackpool.

On the subject of Chair, he gets a bit of stick from fans , much of it unfair imo, because he delays passing or takes the wrong option, but he is a talented player and with the right coaching and management will get better.

On the subject on him not rating Hamalainen (who does?) therefore not passing the ball to him, I don't blame him. Nico is not particularly good and often loses the ball and perhaps Chair is looking for a more reliable player to pass to. Even the commentators know that he is not good enough.
Black cats Match thread....... on 23:52 - Aug 14 with 927 viewsstowmarketrange

Black cats Match thread....... on 14:40 - Aug 14 by hantssi

Bear in mind their manager is king of the shi*thousery!

They started pis sballing about from the start of the 2nd half.Players going down with fake injuries,keeper taking ages with goal kicks.They even had a 2 minute water break at one point when the ref was trying to get the game started again.And he only added 4 mins of injury time.
Why they took their striker off after an hour god only knows,but who gives a feck,because it backfired on them in the end.
Black cats Match thread....... on 23:58 - Aug 14 with 911 viewsVancouverHoop

On the subject on him not rating Hamalainen (who does?) therefore not passing the ball to him, I don't blame him. Nico is not particularly good and often loses the ball and perhaps Chair is looking for a more reliable player to pass to. Even the commentators know that he is not good enough.

If that's true, and frankly I doubt it, Beale should come down on Chair like ton of bricks. It's a team game, no one gets frozen out on the pitch however good, bad, or indifferent you may think they are. That's the manager's job and no one else's. If he allows that to happen it's only a short step to losing the dressing room totally.
Login to get fewer ads

Black cats Match thread....... on 07:09 - Aug 15 with 804 viewsdistortR

Black cats Match thread....... on 23:58 - Aug 14 by VancouverHoop

If that's true, and frankly I doubt it, Beale should come down on Chair like ton of bricks. It's a team game, no one gets frozen out on the pitch however good, bad, or indifferent you may think they are. That's the manager's job and no one else's. If he allows that to happen it's only a short step to losing the dressing room totally.

I actually think Nico's a better player then he showed on Saturday, he's shown it internationally, but his confidence has gone and he was hiding from the ball at times. When he did get it, he gave it away regularly and also played a few hospital passes. So I wouldn't criticise Chair for trying not to pass to him - I don't think he wanted it, and he wasn't a good option, bluntly. He needs a move somewhere less demanding and physical then the championship. Good on him for his tweet praising the Rangers fans, though.
Black cats Match thread....... on 08:57 - Aug 15 with 728 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Black cats Match thread....... on 07:09 - Aug 15 by distortR

I actually think Nico's a better player then he showed on Saturday, he's shown it internationally, but his confidence has gone and he was hiding from the ball at times. When he did get it, he gave it away regularly and also played a few hospital passes. So I wouldn't criticise Chair for trying not to pass to him - I don't think he wanted it, and he wasn't a good option, bluntly. He needs a move somewhere less demanding and physical then the championship. Good on him for his tweet praising the Rangers fans, though.

I've seen him play well too, so he has it. Worth remembering.
But I agree that he may need a move to kickstart his career.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Black cats Match thread....... on 09:10 - Aug 15 with 669 viewsdmm

Beale said recently Niko trains better than he plays but we're all Messi in our own backyard. Although I'm a critic of his I also feel for the lad. The worst thing that happened to him was the long contract we gave him. Without that he'd be somewhere else plying his trade, no doubt something he regularly dreams about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024