Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lewis Grabban 19:15 - Aug 20 with 4221 viewspaulhoop2

Not sure if we could afford his wages but he may be a good option to bring in on a free ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Lewis Grabban on 19:16 - Aug 20 with 4203 viewsDWQPR

Couldn’t even afford his razor.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lewis Grabban on 19:22 - Aug 20 with 4144 viewseastside_r

Lewis Grabban on 19:16 - Aug 20 by DWQPR

Couldn’t even afford his razor.

Sh*t f*cking beard, he’s got a Sh*t f*cking beard.
Lewis Grabban on 22:13 - Aug 20 with 3806 viewsStanisgod

What happened to all the amazing Villa youngsters we were going to snap up, perhaps Stevie G has the hump about Beale leaving 😳

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Lewis Grabban on 00:02 - Aug 21 with 3635 viewsplasmahoop

Clive great comment about Lewis Grabban:
Beard like a wizards anal thicket
Lewis Grabban on 00:48 - Aug 21 with 3543 viewsBenny_the_Ball

No thanks. If you think Dykes is profligate in front of goal, check out Grabban. Not the answer plus a shit beard to boot.
Lewis Grabban on 08:48 - Aug 21 with 3304 viewsMyke

Why are the names of over the hill, not very prolific in their prime, strikers regularly trotted out here? You heard Clive's guarded comments on Gray, so why would we repeat that mistake? We are not going to loan in 30 somethings even if we could afford them. It goes against everything Beale stands for. Yes we are struggling for goals but Chair and everybody's pin-up Armstrong are equally as culpable as Dykes at this stage. Chair should have 2 goals to his name and Armstrong 3. I said earlier that I believe the goals will probably be spread around all our 'attackers ' . So far, only Willock is stepping up with 2 goals from 2 chances.
But equally we need to tighten up- no clean sheet in 6 attempts and several preventable goals conceded. If you're not scoring enough you need to be a right misery at the back- Preston being a good example
Lewis Grabban on 09:03 - Aug 21 with 3279 viewsBlue_Castello

Lewis Grabban on 08:48 - Aug 21 by Myke

Why are the names of over the hill, not very prolific in their prime, strikers regularly trotted out here? You heard Clive's guarded comments on Gray, so why would we repeat that mistake? We are not going to loan in 30 somethings even if we could afford them. It goes against everything Beale stands for. Yes we are struggling for goals but Chair and everybody's pin-up Armstrong are equally as culpable as Dykes at this stage. Chair should have 2 goals to his name and Armstrong 3. I said earlier that I believe the goals will probably be spread around all our 'attackers ' . So far, only Willock is stepping up with 2 goals from 2 chances.
But equally we need to tighten up- no clean sheet in 6 attempts and several preventable goals conceded. If you're not scoring enough you need to be a right misery at the back- Preston being a good example

Agreed some very good points, I'm not sure if you picked up on the fact Lewis Grabban is currently a free agent, so no transfer or loan fee just wages, he may well be past his best and have a shit beard but there are very few options for a club with a small diminishing budget.

Beale said in WLS last week we need another striker and its either a free agent or a loan, he then said the problem with the loan is that a loan player would have to be guaranteed to play every game otherwise there are financial penalties, so if we go for a loan he has to be significantly better than the current options.........cue somebody saying that won't be difficult.
Lewis Grabban on 09:08 - Aug 21 with 3258 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lewis Grabban on 09:03 - Aug 21 by Blue_Castello

Agreed some very good points, I'm not sure if you picked up on the fact Lewis Grabban is currently a free agent, so no transfer or loan fee just wages, he may well be past his best and have a shit beard but there are very few options for a club with a small diminishing budget.

Beale said in WLS last week we need another striker and its either a free agent or a loan, he then said the problem with the loan is that a loan player would have to be guaranteed to play every game otherwise there are financial penalties, so if we go for a loan he has to be significantly better than the current options.........cue somebody saying that won't be difficult.

His previous salary was 25 bags a week. On a free he won't be looking to drop too far from that.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Lewis Grabban on 09:19 - Aug 21 with 3224 viewsBlue_Castello

Lewis Grabban on 09:08 - Aug 21 by Esox_Lucius

His previous salary was 25 bags a week. On a free he won't be looking to drop too far from that.

Yup your not wrong that puts him out of our league and probably why he hasn't yet got a deal, if in a couple of weeks he still wants to play football and there's nothing on the table he may just have to lower his wage demands, let's hope by then we've already pulled a rabbit out of the hat in the same way we got Wells and Hugill....
Lewis Grabban on 12:35 - Aug 21 with 3025 viewsToast_R

Lewis Grabban on 22:13 - Aug 20 by Stanisgod

What happened to all the amazing Villa youngsters we were going to snap up, perhaps Stevie G has the hump about Beale leaving 😳

Reading on Twitter a lot of people coating off Gerrard now and saying Beale was the tactician and mastermind behind him and that he's nothing without him. Not sure that's true...
Lewis Grabban on 12:36 - Aug 21 with 3023 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Lewis Grabban on 22:13 - Aug 20 by Stanisgod

It looks like Villa are going to struggle this season even with that squad I like SG but feel he could get the bullett if they do not get it together .
Mick Beale is obviously well respected so I srill expect some exciting prospects buy maybe from Rangers not Villa
Lewis Grabban on 12:40 - Aug 21 with 3006 viewskensalriser

I’m hoping we’ve learnt enough by now to not sign key players who were really good five years ago.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lewis Grabban on 12:43 - Aug 21 with 3005 viewspaulhoop2

He may be an only option as was said we are in the free market or loan. Was unsure as to who else is an experienced free at the mo ? Was no criticism of dykes but we certainly need another striker to help out.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Lewis Grabban on 13:15 - Aug 21 with 2948 viewsstanistheman

I get the bit about his wages and being over 30, but I suggested Grabban on another thread before this one because as has been stated, Beale said we need another striker and only frees or loans are options. Loans will come with playing guarantees (although if he is scoring why wouldn’t he be selected). I cannot think of any other championship quality strikers without a club.
Lewis Grabban on 13:20 - Aug 21 with 2929 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lewis Grabban on 13:15 - Aug 21 by stanistheman

I get the bit about his wages and being over 30, but I suggested Grabban on another thread before this one because as has been stated, Beale said we need another striker and only frees or loans are options. Loans will come with playing guarantees (although if he is scoring why wouldn’t he be selected). I cannot think of any other championship quality strikers without a club.

That's fair enough but if you're going to break the club's strategy by signing an ageing striker with no resale value then you don't just bring anyone in. He needs to improve the squad and Lewis Grabban doesn't do that. There's a reason why he's without a club.
Lewis Grabban on 17:06 - Aug 21 with 2737 viewsDamo1962

Lewis Grabban on 08:48 - Aug 21 by Myke

Excellent post Myke. Sum's up my feelings perfectly. Armstrong needs a goal as much as Dykes does.
Lewis Grabban on 18:14 - Aug 21 with 2634 viewseastside_r

Being more serious- is he really any good?

I don’t have Sky so have only seen him playing against us and snippets from ‘highlights’ shows.

Looks decidedly average to me.
Lewis Grabban on 23:44 - Aug 21 with 2414 viewsstanistheman

Lewis Grabban on 18:14 - Aug 21 by eastside_r

Being more serious- is he really any good?

I don’t have Sky so have only seen him playing against us and snippets from ‘highlights’ shows.

Looks decidedly average to me.

His stats are better than average and certainly better than anyone at the club now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Grabban

Unless Beale/Ferdinand can find someone cheaper, younger and a better forward, Grabban looks like the best QPR can get at this moment in time.

Hopefully, they can because I just don’t see Dykes getting any better and doubt very much that QPR will ever have the luxury of a fully fit squad to play an 11 that would take the chances they create in games.
Lewis Grabban on 01:11 - Aug 22 with 2361 viewskensalriser

Lewis Grabban on 23:44 - Aug 21 by stanistheman

His stats are better than average and certainly better than anyone at the club now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Grabban

Unless Beale/Ferdinand can find someone cheaper, younger and a better forward, Grabban looks like the best QPR can get at this moment in time.

Hopefully, they can because I just don’t see Dykes getting any better and doubt very much that QPR will ever have the luxury of a fully fit squad to play an 11 that would take the chances they create in games.

Grabban will be 35 in January. He did have a good last season for a side that won promotion, so then the question is why is he still a free agent? The obvious possibilities are one, his legs have gone, two, he wants more money that any club's prepared to offer or three, both.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lewis Grabban on 02:10 - Aug 22 with 2325 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Why is this even still being discussed? The answer is No. End of.
Lewis Grabban on 10:54 - Aug 22 with 2147 viewsHayesender

No thanks. Anyone who has watched the brilliant Sunderland till I die, will have seen his attitude stinks.

Don't need that sort anymore

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024