Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon to Grangers? 13:16 - Dec 14 with 8730 viewsderbyhoop

The other Rangers are rumoured to be interested in our Scotstralian. After the Beale fiasco, we should be demanding £10m+ and, even then, tell them to FO.
To anybody else a straight No.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:20 - Dec 14 with 4208 viewsLogman

Tell Beale we are interested. Negotiate the fee, draft the contract, get them to organise accommodation for him, get him to agree personal terms and verbally agree to sign.

Then tell them to FC*K OFF ......
Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:26 - Dec 14 with 4154 viewsgazza1

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:20 - Dec 14 by Logman

Tell Beale we are interested. Negotiate the fee, draft the contract, get them to organise accommodation for him, get him to agree personal terms and verbally agree to sign.

Then tell them to FC*K OFF ......

Seriously.......
Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:27 - Dec 14 with 4161 viewshantssi

If they’re offering £10M I’ll drive him there myself!
We can then put the money to good use.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:28 - Dec 14 with 4160 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon may not be the best but selling him now would leave us with the square root of naff all up front, with zero strikers capable of winning the ball in the air. His hold up play, lay-offs and aerial presence, both when we are attacking and when we are defending, are vital to the team.

Unless we can immediately replace him with a player who can do the same job, we are in very serious trouble.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:32 - Dec 14 with 4142 viewsLoftgirl

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:27 - Dec 14 by hantssi

If they’re offering £10M I’ll drive him there myself!
We can then put the money to good use.

I agree. Let PBBC have Inkman, it would be a way of getting our revenge.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:41 - Dec 14 with 4105 viewsqueensparker

A few million for Dykes from Rangers would be a result imo.

I like him but we need a change up top and it would give us the cash to do it.

I reckon at least one of our better players is going to end up at Rangers given the PBBC knows how desperate we are.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:46 - Dec 14 with 4070 viewsTheChef

Judging by Dykes' tweet when Beale left, I don't think he's keen on working with him again.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:51 - Dec 14 with 4043 viewsLowerloftLad

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:46 - Dec 14 by TheChef

Judging by Dykes' tweet when Beale left, I don't think he's keen on working with him again.

10mill to rangers
5mill to our new mates celtic.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 13:53]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:53 - Dec 14 with 4016 viewsgazza1

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:28 - Dec 14 by R_from_afar

Lyndon may not be the best but selling him now would leave us with the square root of naff all up front, with zero strikers capable of winning the ball in the air. His hold up play, lay-offs and aerial presence, both when we are attacking and when we are defending, are vital to the team.

Unless we can immediately replace him with a player who can do the same job, we are in very serious trouble.

Seriously.....
Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:57 - Dec 14 with 3968 viewsLazyFan

If we get £4m from them, we should take it.

Dykes is just about okay at holding up the play and quite good at winning long balls upfront. Useful at running down the defenders for the high press.

But his goals scored per game is low, 1 in 4 heading towards 1 in 5. He is not great at holding up the ball, not great at getting in front of his defender for a cross (sometimes he can, but often not). He's nothing special like Willock or Chair.

If we can get £4m for him now, I would take it. He is in the last 18 months of his contract and is 27. He won't improve that much, we have tried. Time to change up for a younger player.

zzzzzzzzzz

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:59 - Dec 14 with 3959 viewsaston_hoop

Given our budget, I suppose Neil Critchley has already been pre-warned that he might be building a striker force around Mac Bonne then.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:01 - Dec 14 with 3942 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Aren't Glasgow Rangers skint?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:04 - Dec 14 with 3922 viewseastside_r

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:53 - Dec 14 by gazza1

Seriously.....

Can someone give Gazza a nudge. He seems to have got stuck.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 14:04]
Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:07 - Dec 14 with 3892 viewseastside_r

Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:01 - Dec 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Aren't Glasgow Rangers skint?

Definitely very skint, but spending money they don’t have is true to their form. So I would not rule this out on this basis (but perhaps on others.)
Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:07 - Dec 14 with 3872 viewsDamo1962

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:28 - Dec 14 by R_from_afar

We've already got the square root of naff all upfront. We aren't going to suddenly start winning games, unless we shake the squad up a bit - and to that we need some funds. Hopefully Critchley has an idea of who could replace Dykes...and a coup!e of others. Think Dykes could do well at GR, as he might be happier back in his beloved Scotland.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:11 - Dec 14 with 3855 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:53 - Dec 14 by gazza1

Seriously.....

Yes, seriously. Mid-season is the worst possible time to try to buy any player, let alone what every club is trying to buy, a reasonable striker. You pay massively over the odds at this time of year.

I doubt the owners would want to shell out what is needed for a proven Championship standard striker, there might be FFP issues too if we did, and we can only get someone who wants to join us. We're hardly a big draw.

In addition, we are on a terrible run of form so I think the last thing we want to do is get rid of one of the few players in the squad who, most of the time, is certain of a place in the starting eleven on merit.

If we do flog him, prepare yourself for the acquisition of a League 1 or League 1 standard striker who might *eventually* be of the required standard. With our current form, I don't think we can afford to burn up 5-10 games while a lower standard, new striker tries to establish themselves and start contributing.

If you are so keen to bin him, feel free to suggest affordable alternatives who would actually want to come to QPR.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:18 - Dec 14 with 3799 viewsTheChef

Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:11 - Dec 14 by R_from_afar

Yes, seriously. Mid-season is the worst possible time to try to buy any player, let alone what every club is trying to buy, a reasonable striker. You pay massively over the odds at this time of year.

I doubt the owners would want to shell out what is needed for a proven Championship standard striker, there might be FFP issues too if we did, and we can only get someone who wants to join us. We're hardly a big draw.

In addition, we are on a terrible run of form so I think the last thing we want to do is get rid of one of the few players in the squad who, most of the time, is certain of a place in the starting eleven on merit.

If we do flog him, prepare yourself for the acquisition of a League 1 or League 1 standard striker who might *eventually* be of the required standard. With our current form, I don't think we can afford to burn up 5-10 games while a lower standard, new striker tries to establish themselves and start contributing.

If you are so keen to bin him, feel free to suggest affordable alternatives who would actually want to come to QPR.

I reckon Gazza could do a job himself

But yeah I'd be curious to know who else we'd play up front who would a better job than Dykes (and I'm talking all round play, not just scoring goals).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:31 - Dec 14 with 3697 viewscyprusmel

I don't know about Dykes moving but it wouldn't surprise me to see Laird join them in January.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:42 - Dec 14 with 3631 viewsJuzzie

Please refer all future references to them as; Sevco Rangers or SRangers :)
Lyndon to Grangers? on 15:19 - Dec 14 with 3474 viewsgazza1

Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:04 - Dec 14 by eastside_r

Can someone give Gazza a nudge. He seems to have got stuck.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 14:04]

Lyndon to Grangers? on 15:23 - Dec 14 with 3463 viewsgazza1

Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:18 - Dec 14 by TheChef

I reckon Gazza could do a job himself

But yeah I'd be curious to know who else we'd play up front who would a better job than Dykes (and I'm talking all round play, not just scoring goals).

I do not think Armstrong is ready at all for 1st team football, not sure he will ever be ready for the Championship but, you know what, I would prefer him to start ahead of Dykes even if it is to give him a proper chance.....or I would look around the lower divisions or even the Conference leagues for a player.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 15:31 - Dec 14 with 3436 viewsLongsufferingR

Might be something in this. Just noticed this article on the offy:

Flash sale: £20 winter bundle
Lyndon to Grangers? on 15:33 - Dec 14 with 3422 viewsdaveB

Not a chance they will want him, Beale wanted to replace him in January
Lyndon to Grangers? on 15:41 - Dec 14 with 3385 viewsLongsufferingR

Lyndon to Grangers? on 15:33 - Dec 14 by daveB

Not a chance they will want him, Beale wanted to replace him in January

Yes but that was for a Championship team. Now will he only be looking for an SPL quality striker.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 15:44 - Dec 14 with 3360 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Dykes played a couple of games for Scotland this year and scored 2 superb goals with bullet headers .Its obviously his strength yet WTF do we not set up to deliver multiple crosses to where he is most dangerous.
Maybe our new manager can actually find a system where we can score a few goals we need it now
If Beale the traitor starts poaching our players then he is going to have to pay the piper.
Except our loans of course I suspect they will follow him north
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024