Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon to Grangers? 13:16 - Dec 14 with 8795 viewsderbyhoop

The other Rangers are rumoured to be interested in our Scotstralian. After the Beale fiasco, we should be demanding £10m+ and, even then, tell them to FO.
To anybody else a straight No.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lyndon to Grangers? on 15:49 - Dec 14 with 2618 viewsstowmarketrange

Lyndon to Grangers? on 13:46 - Dec 14 by TheChef

Judging by Dykes' tweet when Beale left, I don't think he's keen on working with him again.

Didn’t Warnock come out with an insult about Diof,but he still signed him when he needed him.Money talks loudly in football these days.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 15:58 - Dec 14 with 2561 viewsfrancisbowles

As Northern pointed out and no one else has mentioned, Dykes is very important when defending set plays. Armstrong or Bonne are not currently very good at that.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 16:35 - Dec 14 with 2448 viewstimcocking

Fingers crossed
Lyndon to Grangers? on 16:44 - Dec 14 with 2419 viewsfrancisbowles

Lyndon to Grangers? on 16:35 - Dec 14 by timcocking

Fingers crossed

You've been keeping a low profile.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:06 - Dec 14 with 2356 viewsaston_hoop

I'm always intrigued to dig into people who say we should 'look at the lower leagues' as if us and 23 other clubs in our division aren't doing that already and realising there isn't a lot of value on our budget. You can spend big millions on a guaranteed striker like Ivan Toney which was way out of our range until we sell players, or you can take smaller punts and perhaps end up with Conor Washington or Mac Bonne. Who has actually been a good bargain pick from those levels in the last few years? Elijah Adebayo at Luton maybe (3 goals in 21 games this season, Dykes is on 6 in 22)?

Think we'll sign a striker on loan from the Premier League in January as long as we can get Bonne off our books and the usual 'Sign a Striker' brigade will be disappointed that it isn't someone as exciting as they'd hoped.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:14 - Dec 14 with 2287 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lyndon to Grangers? on 14:11 - Dec 14 by R_from_afar

Yes, seriously. Mid-season is the worst possible time to try to buy any player, let alone what every club is trying to buy, a reasonable striker. You pay massively over the odds at this time of year.

I doubt the owners would want to shell out what is needed for a proven Championship standard striker, there might be FFP issues too if we did, and we can only get someone who wants to join us. We're hardly a big draw.

In addition, we are on a terrible run of form so I think the last thing we want to do is get rid of one of the few players in the squad who, most of the time, is certain of a place in the starting eleven on merit.

If we do flog him, prepare yourself for the acquisition of a League 1 or League 1 standard striker who might *eventually* be of the required standard. With our current form, I don't think we can afford to burn up 5-10 games while a lower standard, new striker tries to establish themselves and start contributing.

If you are so keen to bin him, feel free to suggest affordable alternatives who would actually want to come to QPR.

If it's true what you say about the owners (as it seems to have been for, ooh, about as long as we've been back in the Champ), that's fine, but we'll likely be plying our trade in League One sooner rather than later, when we an doubtless all look forward to not being able to afford a viable League One striker too.

A lot of management at QPR over the years (I wrote a piece for AKUTRs once about how second wave Gerry F had giving interviews to his shoe off to a fine art), has been about managing fans' expectations downwards.

It's all such fun, isn't it?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:35 - Dec 14 with 2265 viewsthemodfather

i'll drive him up, collect the cash and bring back, but i can't drive, but i offered.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:36 - Dec 14 with 2257 viewsHastings_Hoops

Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:14 - Dec 14 by stainrods_elbow

If it's true what you say about the owners (as it seems to have been for, ooh, about as long as we've been back in the Champ), that's fine, but we'll likely be plying our trade in League One sooner rather than later, when we an doubtless all look forward to not being able to afford a viable League One striker too.

A lot of management at QPR over the years (I wrote a piece for AKUTRs once about how second wave Gerry F had giving interviews to his shoe off to a fine art), has been about managing fans' expectations downwards.

There he is!
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:44 - Dec 14 with 2235 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon to Grangers? on 15:58 - Dec 14 by francisbowles

As Northern pointed out and no one else has mentioned, Dykes is very important when defending set plays. Armstrong or Bonne are not currently very good at that.

Ahem:
"His hold up play, lay-offs and aerial presence, both when we are attacking and when we are defending, are vital to the team".
You make a good point, mind...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:48 - Dec 14 with 2216 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:35 - Dec 14 by themodfather

i'll drive him up, collect the cash and bring back, but i can't drive, but i offered.

While you and your chauffeur are up there, don't forget to bring back someone affordable to replace him or things are going to get even more grim than they already are. Thanks!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:52 - Dec 14 with 2203 viewsRangersw12

Would snap your hand off for anything over 1 million
Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:57 - Dec 14 with 2189 viewsloftboy

Charlie’s finishing his contract early in Oz 😇

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Lyndon to Grangers? on 18:49 - Dec 14 with 2102 viewsQPRSteve

Only player I've seen us linked with is a possible loan move for Brighton's Denis Undov.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 18:56 - Dec 14 with 2079 viewshantssi

Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:14 - Dec 14 by stainrods_elbow

Where did it say anywhere in that post anything about the owners?
Lyndon to Grangers? on 19:08 - Dec 14 with 2039 viewsNed_Kennedys

Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:36 - Dec 14 by Hastings_Hoops

There he is!

A thread about Dykes who he totally fails to mention but does rattle on about the owners and management. Again. 😬
Lyndon to Grangers? on 19:10 - Dec 14 with 2026 viewsNed_Kennedys

Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:52 - Dec 14 by Rangersw12

Would snap your hand off for anything over 1 million

Selling Dykes for next to nothing leaves us with Armstrong and Bonne.
You think we could get better than Dykes for £1m or slightly over?
Lyndon to Grangers? on 19:10 - Dec 14 with 2022 viewsaston_hoop

I'm taking this as the story being nonsense anyway

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Lyndon to Grangers? on 19:13 - Dec 14 with 2012 viewsderbyhoop

Lyndon to Grangers? on 15:41 - Dec 14 by LongsufferingR

Yes but that was for a Championship team. Now will he only be looking for an SPL quality striker.

So he'll have to drop his performance levels, then?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lyndon to Grangers? on 20:37 - Dec 14 with 1831 viewsDamo1962

Lyndon to Grangers? on 15:58 - Dec 14 by francisbowles

With respect, that is really clutching at straws. Unless we start scoring some goals, it won't matter how many we let in at the other end.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 20:41 - Dec 14 with 1824 viewsDamo1962

Well I'll drive, and you can hold the cash😉
Lyndon to Grangers? on 23:43 - Dec 14 with 1600 viewsnumptydumpty

Some of this Lyndon bashing is severely dull.

The guy tries his heart out and can finish well at times, is most definitely a team player. We have a squad incorporating both the talents of both Chair and Willock and both generally have to be in first eleven but that can take away from the true strengths of Dykes.

Dykes is a solid championship pro and if we were dumb enough to sell him to another championship outfit, playing to his strengths, can easily see minimum 15 goals a season striker with a variety of assists.

Gray and Austin to some suddenly seem stars but beyond the goals, they contributed very little else and he is our best striker by a country mile currently.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2022 23:45]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Lyndon to Grangers? on 00:49 - Dec 15 with 1536 viewsLoftgirl

I'll drive.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 07:08 - Dec 15 with 1372 viewsdistortR

Lyndon to Grangers? on 18:49 - Dec 14 by QPRSteve

Only player I've seen us linked with is a possible loan move for Brighton's Denis Undov.

ooooooh, I love an anagram, me.
Lyndon to Grangers? on 07:17 - Dec 15 with 1346 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry if someone has already said it, but Dykes mugged Beale off on Instagram when he left so I doubt it, although nothing surprises me nowadays.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/lyndon-dykes-makes-dig-at-michael-beale-with-instagram-p
Lyndon to Grangers? on 10:14 - Dec 15 with 1179 viewsfrancisbowles

Lyndon to Grangers? on 17:44 - Dec 14 by R_from_afar

Ahem:
"His hold up play, lay-offs and aerial presence, both when we are attacking and when we are defending, are vital to the team".
You make a good point, mind...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024