Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Conspiracy Theories 17:34 - Dec 16 with 4885 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Proven, unproven, imagined
Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:35 - Dec 16 with 3265 viewsHayesender

The 82 Cup final ref was bent as f k

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:36 - Dec 16 with 3263 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:50 - Dec 16 with 3203 viewsAntti_Heinola

Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:36 - Dec 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

This certainly felt like the final the referees wanted for some reason.

Bare bones.

Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:53 - Dec 16 with 3186 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:50 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

Reminds me of when Messi won player of the tournament at the end of the final (can’t remember if it was 2014 or 2018) despite playing fairly average and being eliminated in the quarters. Seemed pre planned and very inconvenient he wasn’t there.

Everyone including himself was embarrassed while the World Champions celebrated around him.

It’s certainly worked out well for Qatar that’s for sure!
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 17:57]
Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:56 - Dec 16 with 3172 viewsBakes

Joel Lynch is not a footballer he is Santa Claus, he uses the rest of the year as a cover story but in December he is double busy so fakes an injury to deliver Christmas joy to the children of the world.

Not proven but I think we can all agree it’s surely the only explanation.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Football Conspiracy Theories on 18:00 - Dec 16 with 3152 viewsQPRHoop

It was 2014 and whilst I don’t think he should have won it they did get to the final.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 18:06 - Dec 16 with 3123 viewsR_from_afar

I have no way of knowing whether this scenario is true but I always thought it might be a possibility. Don't give me a mauling, I am not saying it's true and I have no inside knowledge to suggest it might be. It's just I have long wondered if this might be what really happened:

Magilton never did in any way attack Buzacky. Buzacky was not featuring in the team as often as he wanted to and complained to Briatore. Briatore told Buzacky that Magilton was in charge of team selection and he couldn't do much about that, but if - if - Magilton committed - or was said to have committed - a disciplinary breach, for example, through hitting one of his own players, well, that would be an entirely different matter...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Football Conspiracy Theories on 18:31 - Dec 16 with 3068 viewsstevec

Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:50 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

They deliberately knobbled us by giving us penalties.
Login to get fewer ads

Football Conspiracy Theories on 18:47 - Dec 16 with 3025 viewsMatch82

Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:36 - Dec 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

I do love a good conspiracy theory but this one seems overblown.

The same tweet would have been sent if Brazil had made the final because of Neymar. Feels like some combination of a Argentina France, Argentina Brazil or France Brazil final would have been some of the most likely outcomes coming into this...
Football Conspiracy Theories on 18:47 - Dec 16 with 3024 viewsRangersw12

The ref allowed United to play until they scored against us in 96 as he was a United fan and one of his last games
Football Conspiracy Theories on 18:52 - Dec 16 with 3007 viewsdmm

FIFA is corrupt. Proven.

Football Conspiracy Theories on 20:04 - Dec 16 with 2885 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Conspiracy Theories on 18:00 - Dec 16 by QPRHoop

It was 2014 and whilst I don’t think he should have won it they did get to the final.

That was it!
Football Conspiracy Theories on 20:05 - Dec 16 with 2879 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Conspiracy Theories on 18:47 - Dec 16 by Match82

I do love a good conspiracy theory but this one seems overblown.

The same tweet would have been sent if Brazil had made the final because of Neymar. Feels like some combination of a Argentina France, Argentina Brazil or France Brazil final would have been some of the most likely outcomes coming into this...

While i’ll agree it doesn’t demonstrate corruption, it does demonstrate the ridiculous hold Qatar has on modern elite football though.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 20:14 - Dec 16 with 2861 viewsDannyPaddox

Graham Taylor’s real name was Sergei Trubnikov. He worked for the KGB.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 20:16 - Dec 16 with 2855 viewsLowerloftLad

We must surley be in included in one of the biggest premier league games conspiracy list of all time the famous City v QPR game has a fair few moments that didn't add up on the final day of the season.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 20:21]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Football Conspiracy Theories (n/t) on 20:44 - Dec 16 with 2794 viewsCateLeBonR

Football Conspiracy Theories on 20:45 - Dec 16 with 2791 viewsCateLeBonR

Football Conspiracy Theories on 20:14 - Dec 16 by DannyPaddox

Graham Taylor’s real name was Sergei Trubnikov. He worked for the KGB.

Graham Taylor you say?

Turn the glasses upside down and you've got....

[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 20:46]
Football Conspiracy Theories on 21:10 - Dec 16 with 2695 viewsHayesender

The Palace 6-0, which was almost confirmed by the Paul Murray interview 😉

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Football Conspiracy Theories on 21:17 - Dec 16 with 2672 viewsNW5Hoop

My favourite, beloved of a now-retired generation of chief football writers, was that the reason Peter Bonetti had a shocker against West Germany in the 1970 quarter final is that he spent the night driving round Leon in a taxi trying to find his wife, who was in a hotel room at the time, having a threesome with Tarby and Kenny Lynch. I suspect there is no truth in it whatsoever. But great story.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 21:24 - Dec 16 with 2643 viewstraininvain

Football Conspiracy Theories on 17:53 - Dec 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Reminds me of when Messi won player of the tournament at the end of the final (can’t remember if it was 2014 or 2018) despite playing fairly average and being eliminated in the quarters. Seemed pre planned and very inconvenient he wasn’t there.

Everyone including himself was embarrassed while the World Champions celebrated around him.

It’s certainly worked out well for Qatar that’s for sure!
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 17:57]

Not quite as controversial as some would have you believe: https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/247/Tournaments/36/Seasons/3768/Stages/10274/P

Less a conspiracy and more a case of a lack of better options. Maybe James Rodriguez but Colombia and him went out in the quarter final whereas Messi and Argentina lost in extra time of the final.

Either way I’ve never been a fan of individual awards in a team sport like football.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 22:35 - Dec 16 with 2504 viewsMrSheen

Sepp Blatter’s real name was Percival Farquharson. His life’s mission was to so discredit football that Polo resumed its rightful place as the World Game. Hasn’t given up hope, thanks to the work of his nephew Algernon Featherstonehaugh (Agent GI).
Football Conspiracy Theories on 23:10 - Dec 16 with 2448 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football Conspiracy Theories on 21:24 - Dec 16 by traininvain

Not quite as controversial as some would have you believe: https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/247/Tournaments/36/Seasons/3768/Stages/10274/P

Less a conspiracy and more a case of a lack of better options. Maybe James Rodriguez but Colombia and him went out in the quarter final whereas Messi and Argentina lost in extra time of the final.

Either way I’ve never been a fan of individual awards in a team sport like football.

It’s weird how the memory plays tricks.

I had him down as playing a DM role in my head and FIFA announcing the result prior to the match.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 00:01 - Dec 17 with 2380 viewsLoftgirl

Some believe there was a Milk Cup Final in '86. I'm having none of it.
Football Conspiracy Theories on 04:50 - Dec 17 with 2284 viewsMatch82

Football Conspiracy Theories on 21:10 - Dec 16 by Hayesender

The Palace 6-0, which was almost confirmed by the Paul Murray interview 😉

Sssshhhhh!
Football Conspiracy Theories on 07:17 - Dec 17 with 2186 viewsPunteR

Leicester winning the Premier league title. Wasn't all the players on performance inhancing drugs or something. ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024