Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road. 10:21 - Jan 22 with 37232 viewsEsox_Lucius

IF, and it's a big if. the club were forced away from H&F to build a stadium which could provide income 360+ days a years to generate the revenue to make us competitive as a team again would you be for or against it. Yes or No will suffice, there's no need for comments like "knowing QPR they'd fück it up" etc. Just Yes or No.

The grass is always greener.

Loftus Road. on 21:41 - Feb 27 with 2459 viewswombat

Loftus Road. on 17:02 - Feb 27 by Sonofpugwash

We've been trying to buy the school since the last Ice Age.

We was offered the school when Chris Wright owned us , he turned it down think it was around 150k at the time maybe but more

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Loftus Road. on 16:15 - Feb 28 with 2140 viewsJuzzie

Loftus Road. on 20:36 - Feb 27 by MedwayR

The school site only covers about 3/4 of the school end anyway, so we couldn't redevelop the entire stand in the normal manner. The only way I could see the school site being useful was for us to keep Loftus Rd as it is and just add the money making facilities where the school is. The alternative is to knock it all down, and with the houses being the biggest restriction, get rid of the Loft End and Ellerslie Rd stands to move the pitch as far into that corner as possible, build a mega stand (as much as possible anyway) on South Africa Rd and extend that round the School End as much as possible whilst housing as many facilities behind the School End as possible. No idea how plausible that is or what capacity we'd end up with but it would maximise the site.

A South Africa Road megastand is pretty much out of the question because of right-of-light issue to the residents over the road.

Interesting idea earlier suggesting moving the whole pitch (and stands) westward though I think it would really only enable a bigger School & Loft stands, the SAR & SB sides would still be the same length then with modern regulations any capacity gained at the school and loft ends would probably be lost on the two side stands so we'd probably still end up with a sub-20k stadium.
Loftus Road. on 17:18 - Feb 28 with 2024 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Loftus Road. on 16:15 - Feb 28 by Juzzie

A South Africa Road megastand is pretty much out of the question because of right-of-light issue to the residents over the road.

Interesting idea earlier suggesting moving the whole pitch (and stands) westward though I think it would really only enable a bigger School & Loft stands, the SAR & SB sides would still be the same length then with modern regulations any capacity gained at the school and loft ends would probably be lost on the two side stands so we'd probably still end up with a sub-20k stadium.

No clue on planning regs, and I'm sure residents in the flats on SAR would be looking at their rights if we built the SAR stand back over the road to the fencing, but United built up and over a road for the big stand opposite the dugouts, and either Bayern or Ajax has a huge road underneath a stand.

Is that a possibility, Miguel?

I wonder if a housing project like the WCE would be built like that now? The flats are only three stores high, so in terms of modern building density, I'm sure the WCE isn't too efficient.

I wonder if we could swap? We take a large part of the WCE over, knock it to the ground, and build our new Jerusalem.

Then here's the kicker: instead of building back apartments for the former WCE residents on the LR site, we build uber expensive, highly prized apartments that only Arabs, re-citizensed Russians, and Chinese people can afford. Make a packet and clear all debts and celebrate with a monster transfer window that pisses all over Chelsea's paltry £600m.

Seriously, I have to think of everything!
[Post edited 28 Feb 2023 17:25]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Loftus Road. on 18:55 - Feb 28 with 1933 viewsjoe90

Loftus Road. on 15:08 - Feb 27 by Esox_Lucius

With a bit of vision, all that would be needed would be the rail and travel links as getting the right sized plot would allow for something similar to MK Dons stadium. Lease shops out for revenue, have pubs and food outlets/ sit down meals available etc. so that there is a steady income stream. Somewhere like the old Hillingdon ski slope site would be a suitable base and... an idea I have been musing over in my head up to now, the purpose built stadium to be built along the lines of the Boavista stadium to keep the Loftus Road feel and proximity to the pitch with a row of corporates dividing the upper and lower spectator areas. 20k at ground level, and 15-20k upper level which can be used or not used as necessary.
Furthermore, a fully dedicated womens changing room and pre game fitness area to be built alongside the normal mens facilities and then, once it is nearly built, negotiate with the Englands Lionesses to use it as their home ground and sweeten the deal with the use of Heston as their training ground.
This doesn't solve the problem of winning games with a crocked side but it most certainly would generate much needed revenue to prevent us dropping into the FFP feast or famine scenario we are currently locked into.
This revenue generation is my one real gripe with the club, where are the next generation of fans going to come from if the club don't go out there and let communities know that they are an option. Use the U16's team to play friendly matches with schools at Heston or a schools competition with the final at Loftus Road t the end of the season when the state of the pitch isn't a consideration. Get in touch with the Middx. FA and see if they want to use the ground for their Vase final and maybe, if we ever get the new stadium built, the FA Trophy games.
Sacking people who are already coping with the present situation isn't the answer IMO but getting them off their arses to move the club forward to a better future is something that needs repeating over and over until it happens.

The retail estate suggestion is one of the most unimaginative and unappealing suggestions.

You combine the joy of a football crowd with the worst generic high street chains that can afford the business rates. All conveniently situated in some far flung corner of outer London.

Sounds like a thoroughly unappealing proposition.

I like your ideas for the stadium though, but sadly if we were to realistically build something like that we’d have to leave W12. Such is life.
Loftus Road. on 19:25 - Feb 28 with 1897 viewsJuzzie

Loftus Road. on 17:18 - Feb 28 by PlanetHonneywood

No clue on planning regs, and I'm sure residents in the flats on SAR would be looking at their rights if we built the SAR stand back over the road to the fencing, but United built up and over a road for the big stand opposite the dugouts, and either Bayern or Ajax has a huge road underneath a stand.

Is that a possibility, Miguel?

I wonder if a housing project like the WCE would be built like that now? The flats are only three stores high, so in terms of modern building density, I'm sure the WCE isn't too efficient.

I wonder if we could swap? We take a large part of the WCE over, knock it to the ground, and build our new Jerusalem.

Then here's the kicker: instead of building back apartments for the former WCE residents on the LR site, we build uber expensive, highly prized apartments that only Arabs, re-citizensed Russians, and Chinese people can afford. Make a packet and clear all debts and celebrate with a monster transfer window that pisses all over Chelsea's paltry £600m.

Seriously, I have to think of everything!
[Post edited 28 Feb 2023 17:25]

Old Trafford is built in an industrial estate, Ajax purpose built in a commercial complex and Bayern also purpose built in between a motorway and railway also in an industrial/commercial complex.
Neither of the three are tightly wedged in a residential area.

Villa Park is probably the closest example where part of the stand goes over a road. It too is mainly on a non-residential site even though there is some housing nearby two of the stands.

None of these grounds has residential homes on all four sides like we do.
Loftus Road. on 21:18 - Feb 28 with 1797 viewsEsox_Lucius

Loftus Road. on 18:55 - Feb 28 by joe90

The retail estate suggestion is one of the most unimaginative and unappealing suggestions.

You combine the joy of a football crowd with the worst generic high street chains that can afford the business rates. All conveniently situated in some far flung corner of outer London.

Sounds like a thoroughly unappealing proposition.

I like your ideas for the stadium though, but sadly if we were to realistically build something like that we’d have to leave W12. Such is life.

The retail park doesn't have to be Poundsaver/ fast food type scenario. I was thinking more like the Bicester Village set up of discounted high end brands. They have coaches and trains in from London regularly and seem to have survived the recent economic crises well. A "Hillingdon Village" by the ground would attract premium rents and being over an hour closer to London than Bicester would be an attraction.
Plagiarising an initiative the THFC are looking at implementing; a karting track would be another draw for things like birthday parties, works events, stag days etc. and always seem to be popular.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2023 21:21]

The grass is always greener.

Loftus Road. on 21:25 - Feb 28 with 1768 viewsstevec

What with our new training ground, is it possible we could quietly erect a few seats around one of the pitches, say 30,000, and put it out to the support base that due to renovations at Loftus Road (blocks of flats) all games will be played at the training ground for the foreseeable future.
Loftus Road. on 20:24 - Mar 12 with 1453 viewsCamberleyR

Was looking at this picture tonight showing Leicester's old and new grounds (Filbert Street is where the yellow outlines and what I believe is recently built university accommodation next to them), the new stadium doesn't seem to have that much of a bigger footprint than Filbert Street did.

Obviously we would need a larger footprint than Loftus Road sits on but would it have to be very much larger?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road. on 06:41 - Mar 14 with 1107 viewsHayesender

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/qpr-could-forced-look-new-264633

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Loftus Road. on 08:43 - Mar 14 with 931 viewsActonExile

H&F will not be able to afford the re-build of Linford's budgie smugglers let alone the stadium, running track, infrastructure, etc.

If our owners/QPR are serious about that piece of land they should pay for some designs suitable for all parties with costings and tell H&F they can have it gratis but QPR can use their facilities on match days and they can use ours non-match days and come to an agreement with Burlington Danes on using their land for parking as match times and school times do not clash, same with the Hospital.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Loftus Road. on 08:49 - Mar 14 with 914 viewsdmm

Loftus Road. on 08:43 - Mar 14 by ActonExile

H&F will not be able to afford the re-build of Linford's budgie smugglers let alone the stadium, running track, infrastructure, etc.

If our owners/QPR are serious about that piece of land they should pay for some designs suitable for all parties with costings and tell H&F they can have it gratis but QPR can use their facilities on match days and they can use ours non-match days and come to an agreement with Burlington Danes on using their land for parking as match times and school times do not clash, same with the Hospital.

I might be wrong but wasn't there an early idea to build a new running track next to a new stadium on the LC site?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024