Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report 21:39 - Mar 12 with 5619 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59805
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 22:29 - Mar 12 with 5253 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Uproarious fun. Which sounds like a review of Jeeves and Wooster in Salisbury, but so be it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 22:29 - Mar 12 with 5245 viewsWatfordR

From

"Aaron Drewe is injured. Or is he?"

onwards. Ain't a Rangers fan alive who doesn't understand exactly what you're on about.

Work stops me getting down there on a Saturday these days. But Watford Jnr goes with his good lady. He texted me on his way home to say he'd lost his voice. Can't tell you what a proud dad I was.

Great report Clive.
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 01:23 - Mar 13 with 4742 viewsSydneyRs

Learning how lighthouses are pebbledashed was an unexpected bonus.

Superb as always.
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 01:47 - Mar 13 with 4712 viewsCLAREMAN1995

QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 01:23 - Mar 13 by SydneyRs

Learning how lighthouses are pebbledashed was an unexpected bonus.

Superb as always.

learning that the field invader was a gentleman was a bonus too and the fact the game kept going while he was pounced on is brilliant.
That manificent match report just captures the stress release from everybody because we needed it so badly.
Loved the fact Dykes walked out there to battle but he is not fully ready yet IMO.
We still need a second or 3rd goal in these to ease the pressure on everybody this week
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 04:58 - Mar 13 with 4545 viewsBushRanger82

Fantastic!
Loved re-living Saturday afternoon at Loftus Rd, watching us beat Watford.
Great report.
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 08:20 - Mar 13 with 4142 viewsdaveB

I did enjoy Choudrey losing his shit with us in the family stand and offering us all out at one stage in the second half, glorious stuff
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 08:23 - Mar 13 with 4126 viewsWokingR

QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 08:20 - Mar 13 by daveB

I did enjoy Choudrey losing his shit with us in the family stand and offering us all out at one stage in the second half, glorious stuff

He had lost it from 5 minutes in when Dykes "accidentally" just barged him over. He tried throwing an elbow when he ran back past him, missed and Dykes just laughed at him.
Still don't understand how every single player rating isn't a 10.
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 09:23 - Mar 13 with 3871 viewswestberksr

excellent stuff Clive....

i'll take this over centre back keep ball any day of the week. If it takes up disrupting the game and opposition to get some points on the board, then so be it

when will the clubshop start doing a line of belt buckles?
Login to get fewer ads

QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 09:29 - Mar 13 with 3839 viewsbosh67

I think the supply teacher ref deserves more than a 5 for not giving the pen against Amos late on but that's possibly why he got a 5 and not higher.

Great report. How good it is to read a match report where we win. Same time next year? Let's hope after Tuesday!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 09:54 - Mar 13 with 3709 viewsBurnleyhoop

That performance and that report has been a long, long time coming and in truth was never likely to come until we appointed a manager that understood exactly what was needed to stop the rot.

We have persevered with the policy of bringing in academy boys and managers with so called elite development credentials in the forlorn hope we could become the championship equivalent of Man City. All we achieved was to fill the treatment room with crocks, cowards and charlatans to become the softest bunch of sops we have ever seen and crippled the club financially in the process.

Ainsworth has seen through it all and performed a minor miracle after two games. To put out a team that included Dozzell, Kakay and Drewe and get them to run through brick walls for him has proven a masterclass in motivation.

Going forward the football may not please the purists and we all loath the time wasting and feigning injury nonsense, but we must do what is necessary to survive this season. There will be no money to spend next season so Ainsworth has to work with what he has and may even lose a couple of our better players despite none of them having particularly good seasons.

One thing is for sure, the soft underbelly will be surgically removed and the the moniker of the leagues soft touch will be consigned to history. Thank Christ for that.

Ainsworth has asked the fans to stick with him. After Saturdays efforts, I think everyone of us will run through brick walls for him.
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 10:31 - Mar 13 with 3514 viewsTheChef

Cheers Clive, lovely stuff as ever - and how nice to be able to write about a QPR win!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 10:31 - Mar 13 with 3513 viewsterryb

Cheers Clive.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I can't recall one moment during the game when I thought Watford would score, apart from the Rob Dickie back pass!

I was so pleased when a penalty wasn't given against Amos & I would have wanted one for it, but having seen it afterwards, I would have been apoplectic if it had been given. Nearly as non-exsistent as Armstrong's against Cardiff was.

Mainly though, thank you to Gareth for playing a third centre half. God knows how much we needed this, but I expect Dickie & Dunne both knew as well.

Also, this shouldn't need to be said, but thank you also to the 15 players that were on the pitch. Every one of them gave us 100% for every minute that the match was played. And the two wing backs came through our accademy. That will do for me.

I hope they don't let you mad buggers that are at Blackpool down on Tuesday!
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 10:43 - Mar 13 with 3443 viewsBloatarr

Cheese - Quality farmhouse cheddar - but the right cheese for the right occasion.
First Game Vs Wet Spam ("74) we lost 2-0.

I usually lurk but have been a moderator on another QPR board fair few years ago. I didnt want to add to the misery of the last few months when everyone is down on everything QPR but now seems a better time.
Firstly i will never come on and discuss tactics - I know nothing about football apart from i love QPR and wish i could go more often. (Going is rare at the moment for lots of reasons including living in the south west). Got into QPR through my dad who was going to QPR since the 40s. He did a number of articles for "Kick up the R's" and "All quiet on the Western Avenue".

Anyway - 2 things that keep going round my head - 1. To paraphrase/invoke the spirit of Ian Holloway. watching QPR for the last couple of seasons - Too many piano players, not enough piano lifters. All well and good playing passing football but it only takes one look at a premier league team to see we need to be playing that sort of football about 10 times faster - its been like watching the Harry Enfield sketch with Charles "Charlie" Charles

2. Read an interview with Hogan Ephraim talking about GAs "style". One comment he made was what we want is "fast and furious" football. Whatever style we play we (or at least I) will forgive anything apart from lack of effort. Whether its long ball at 100mph or passing fotball at 100mph i dont mind. I think we will settle on a hard working physical style with a few magicians conjuring up magic now and again - rather than passing the ball to them and waiting for them to do something.

Anyway - fantastic report as ever quality sites like this keep me connected with QPR as well as being entertaining and incredibly well written, thank you Clive, it is appreciated, whatever the score. URsss
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 10:58 - Mar 13 with 3389 viewsEsox_Lucius

Great report encapsulating the euphoria in the ground and a nice Handbags and Gladbags reference to open with. All the game was lacking was a thundercünt of a goal in the Loft end in the 2nd half and the Tannoy exploding into "You ain't seen nothing yet".
[Post edited 13 Mar 2023 11:00]

The grass is always greener.

QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 11:06 - Mar 13 with 3342 viewsNorthantsHoop

Sums it up perfectly Clive, before game chatting to usuals on my way to my seat we were resigned to a defeat, but once it started this was a road to Domascus. No piss balling about, going long playing in the oppos half and doing all the mucking about of the dark arts, loved it. Must admit I got wound up with that Watford sub giving it large below us from upper loft. But what I really enjoyed was the passion of it all, something that has been missing for quite a while at Loftus Road.
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 11:32 - Mar 13 with 3210 viewsenfieldargh

Clive, from the moment you took your seat you had like many of us I guess felt that all the wringing of hands, stressing out, forlorn hope was gone and we all might as well just sit and do our bit to support the team.

Those boys brought back the missing pride.

so nice to see you smile mate.

Loved The Chris Martin/Lyndon Dykes battering ram upfront

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 11:36 - Mar 13 with 3193 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I've sat through the last 4 months watching us surrender, get a stinking cold so couldn't face it again on Saturday. And we bloody won, typical.
Great write up as always, so gave me a feel for what I missed.

I'll be there Saturday though, with a spring in my step again. U Rs!
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 11:40 - Mar 13 with 3179 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Oh, and I cant get that trip to the Maldives with Jennifer Lawrence out my head. 😄
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 11:58 - Mar 13 with 3112 viewsPinnerPaul

That last 10 minutes WAS mad though!

Even on that Watford fan's video he says "What IS going on?!"

BBC described it as a "frenzied end to the game"
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 15:00 - Mar 13 with 2466 viewsCroydonCaptJack

QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 22:29 - Mar 12 by WatfordR

From

"Aaron Drewe is injured. Or is he?"

onwards. Ain't a Rangers fan alive who doesn't understand exactly what you're on about.

Work stops me getting down there on a Saturday these days. But Watford Jnr goes with his good lady. He texted me on his way home to say he'd lost his voice. Can't tell you what a proud dad I was.

Great report Clive.

Yes, I also lost my voice and for once it was for chanting, and not abusing the officials.
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 15:12 - Mar 13 with 2435 viewsbaz_qpr

QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 10:43 - Mar 13 by Bloatarr

Cheese - Quality farmhouse cheddar - but the right cheese for the right occasion.
First Game Vs Wet Spam ("74) we lost 2-0.

I usually lurk but have been a moderator on another QPR board fair few years ago. I didnt want to add to the misery of the last few months when everyone is down on everything QPR but now seems a better time.
Firstly i will never come on and discuss tactics - I know nothing about football apart from i love QPR and wish i could go more often. (Going is rare at the moment for lots of reasons including living in the south west). Got into QPR through my dad who was going to QPR since the 40s. He did a number of articles for "Kick up the R's" and "All quiet on the Western Avenue".

Anyway - 2 things that keep going round my head - 1. To paraphrase/invoke the spirit of Ian Holloway. watching QPR for the last couple of seasons - Too many piano players, not enough piano lifters. All well and good playing passing football but it only takes one look at a premier league team to see we need to be playing that sort of football about 10 times faster - its been like watching the Harry Enfield sketch with Charles "Charlie" Charles

2. Read an interview with Hogan Ephraim talking about GAs "style". One comment he made was what we want is "fast and furious" football. Whatever style we play we (or at least I) will forgive anything apart from lack of effort. Whether its long ball at 100mph or passing fotball at 100mph i dont mind. I think we will settle on a hard working physical style with a few magicians conjuring up magic now and again - rather than passing the ball to them and waiting for them to do something.

Anyway - fantastic report as ever quality sites like this keep me connected with QPR as well as being entertaining and incredibly well written, thank you Clive, it is appreciated, whatever the score. URsss

Love that Enfield video the change at half time is the change from Warbs/Beal/Critchlley Ball, to Ainsworth Ball Lol
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 17:24 - Mar 13 with 2110 viewsVancouverHoop

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I can't recall one moment during the game when I thought Watford would score, apart from the Rob Dickie back pass!

I was a wee bit nervous with the two free kicks they had on the edge of our area, but they managed to make a pig's ear out of both of them without our assistance.
QPR exit Highway to Hell at junction 21 — Report on 09:02 - Mar 14 with 1364 viewsextratimeR

Bang on match report Clive!

Great day out crowd amazing, so pleased Ozzy got MOM , ( Drewe excellent as well), so needed that atmosphere Saturday, great day out.

Cheers Clive!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024